• RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    Here we go guys! You ready!?

highfive.gif

number1.gif

ready!...WE CAN DO IT!!!!! CHARGE!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    I challenge my team or anyone up for the challenge to walk 30 minutes a day for a week...sounds tough? we can do it! and to make yourself accountable, you have to reply to this topic everyday with your 30 minutes...who wants to accept the challenge?

I would love to do this but we are getting snow storms everyother day and the days its not snowing its -21 or colder out. I have to however start doing my 30day shred again. I get to start the BL cardio I can't wait to start that.

Awww....wish you could join me...but what's the 30 day shred? and BL cardio?
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    the water idea is great because I still do not drink my water. I am so excited to get started GO BLUE! I am a Ohio State fan so saying that is really weird:laugh:
    Buckeye Fan here too.....We will definitly have to change that GO BLUE to Yeah Blue or something...GO Blue is just not right! lol
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Hello to all my new friends. I have bad news. I was doing plyometrics on P90X and I dislocated my shoulder (4th time, had repair surgey this past July, but this was the first time since then.) Anyway I bawled and poured sweat in the hospital from pain until they put me out so they could twist it back into place. So after 10 doses of a different narcotics, and sedation, I finally got to shower and drink and now, my exercise plan is shot to hell:mad: :mad: :angry: :sad: :sad: I must have burned lots of calories crying and hypoventilating. I can't even go back to work. So, I will try not to get depressed and watch what I eat, and at least get on the treadmill. So come on BLUE, show 'em what you got and I will continue to try to do my part.:frown:

Oh no! What part were you doing when it happened!? :cry: :flowerforyou:
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Aww . . . I am sorry to hear about your shoulder!! I can't even imagine how painful that must be. But, I admire your strength and perserverence; you are awesome!! And, you have all the support you can handle from us Blue people. :laugh:

I haven't worked out today and the gym is closed! :sad: But, here is my exercise for yesterday:

15 minutes on the elliptical, speed interval training - 156 calories (according to the machine)
    10 minutes on the treadmill at 3.0 - 95 calories (according to the machine)

I had more than enough water yesterday! I was going to the bathroom at work a LOT. :laugh:

But, I broke my good eating yesterday when a friend invited me over for New Year's! :embarassed: The boyfriend and I were just going to go to dinner and then chill at home, but, when we went to our friend's house, I had crab dip (crab, cream cheese, cocktail sauce), hummus and pita bread and creme brulee . . . . . . along with almost an whole bottle of Disaronno. :embarassed: :frown: :indifferent: THEN, after about an hour of playing Rockband like crazy, we went to Denny's! :sad: I got a turkey sandwich and fries. But, at least I didn't eat ALL the fries . . . :embarassed:

Today is a new day, though, so I'm back on track! GO BLUE!!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR! How is everybody? :flowerforyou:
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    So we started our exercise thing yesterday so here is what I did then.

Wed Step/Abs class 1 hr. Burned 540 calories.
    Today I am doing my first ever 5K in about an hour. I will update later on how many calories I burned.

Hubby got me a Polar F6 for xmas although I got it earlier than that but I love my HRM. I hope everyone is having a fun New Year.

Talk you all later.

Connie
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    hotmomof4 - I'm so sorry to hear about your injury! That sounds super painful! I love your challenge! No snacking or eating after 8!

blah7997 - I love the 30 minute walking challenge! It's really going to make me rethink my day!

Someone also mentioned the water thing! I love it!!

It's wonderful to hear how great everyone is doing! Keeping active & moving & talking & encouraging one another! We can do this!

Let's make Bob proud! :wink:
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    So I definately think that we should have one person to assign challenges for each day. Do it first thing in the morning. I definately like the certain amount of time to work out everyday, no snacking, and definately drinking more water than normal if you aren't drinking enough.
    I love everyones ideas but find it difficult that we don't have a set goal for the day. Well I am definately going to work out for a while. Good luck to all!!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Being a part of this team is really holding me together right now. Let's do this guys! We deserve it! :flowerforyou:
  • Jennnnnnnny
    Jennnnnnnny Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    how do you join this?
  • RachVR6
    Options
    how do you join this?

Message bohlon15. :flowerforyou:
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Alright guys! id 30min of Legs and Back just now. Burnt 283 calories! Might be back doing Abs this evening but for now I'm hitting the shower! :drinker:
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I did 20 min on the bike, 20 min on the treadmil, and 20 min on the Wii fit. 1 hour done!!!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: Whoohoo we have ALL the start weights!!! :drinker: :drinker:

start1.jpg

Check out that total start weight!!! :noway: :laugh:
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Just did 30 min on treadmill. According to it I did 1.81 miles, and 200 cal. Maybe later will do some abs, and push-ups. And still have the sidewalks to shovel.
  • kammiller
    Options
    did 15 mins stairs do abs later also did 20 mins aeorbics
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Ok so I did my 5K. I finished in 49.41 minutes which I dont think is to bad considering it is my first ever and I do weigh 264 lbs. I burned 620 calories. I thought I would have burned more than that but I will take that no matter what . It was sort of a rush to actually come across that finish line. I am so happy that I did it and I cant wait to do more of them. I really cant wait to do one once I lose all the weight I want to lose and are actually in shape. That would be great to do then.

Connie
  • mhosner
    mhosner Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Average weight 196 not as bad as it could be - but I would love to see us get that number down. 6677.5 total weight wow - but now how many weeks do we have to drop? 10 weeks long?? So if that is the case 10 weeks equals 5% 334 pounds lose for us. Means average person drops 10 pounds each during that time. Healthy 1 pound each a week.
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    ok- I got an exercise ball for Christmas....just finished going through all of the exercises in the booklet that came with it.....man, I have no coordination! :laugh: I have no idea how to calculate this little workout, but at I started one on the 1st of January! Yeah Me!
  • hurleycutie142
    hurleycutie142 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    starting my work outs today (sux tht the gym is closed) but i have a school down the street so im going to take advantage of that and do some pull up on the bars and an hour of run/walking... lol like a little kid... Today is a start of a healthy new year... i need this change i dont like what i see anymore... giving up soda is going to be the hardest for me... im used to drinking like a 2 liter a day... i dont want to give it up cold turkey so either im going to try other ways of getting my caffeine or having one a day... but after im going to drink like 2 cups of water and see how that works... i might just do caffeine pills... but i definetly hate coffee... yuck... but i hope everyone is working hard and i will be taking the challenges... water is going to be hard (i hate water) i have a question... i went to walmart and they have these individual packs that go into your water it says no calories but is it good for u? just wondering....