BL Blue Team WEEK 1

Options

Replies

• hurleycutie142
    hurleycutie142 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    o and where is the signatrue thing so i can put my tracker on there?
  • hurleycutie142
    hurleycutie142 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    yay i got it... nm lol
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Ok so I did my 5K. I finished in 49.41 minutes which I dont think is to bad considering it is my first ever and I do weigh 264 lbs. I burned 620 calories. I thought I would have burned more than that but I will take that no matter what . It was sort of a rush to actually come across that finish line. I am so happy that I did it and I cant wait to do more of them. I really cant wait to do one once I lose all the weight I want to lose and are actually in shape. That would be great to do then.

Connie

Wow!!!! :noway: You go girl!!! :drinker:
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Average weight 196 not as bad as it could be - but I would love to see us get that number down. 6677.5 total weight wow - but now how many weeks do we have to drop? 10 weeks long?? So if that is the case 10 weeks equals 5% 334 pounds lose for us. Means average person drops 10 pounds each during that time. Healthy 1 pound each a week.

Sounds like a good plan to me!

Looks like everyone's getting there exercise in. Let's keep it up.I see lots of cardio running.gif and strength weightlifter.gif. Don't forget to drink that water!!! waterbottle.gif
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    starting my work outs today (sux tht the gym is closed) but i have a school down the street so im going to take advantage of that and do some pull up on the bars and an hour of run/walking... lol like a little kid... Today is a start of a healthy new year... i need this change i dont like what i see anymore... giving up soda is going to be the hardest for me... im used to drinking like a 2 liter a day... i dont want to give it up cold turkey so either im going to try other ways of getting my caffeine or having one a day... but after im going to drink like 2 cups of water and see how that works... i might just do caffeine pills... but i definetly hate coffee... yuck... but i hope everyone is working hard and i will be taking the challenges... water is going to be hard (i hate water) i have a question... i went to walmart and they have these individual packs that go into your water it says no calories but is it good for u? just wondering....

I think you just have to what works best for you. I also was a huge soda drinker. I loved my Dr Pepper. I preferred to quit cold turkey. I knew I could do it because I would do it while I was pregnant. I was one that didnt like the taste of water but now I dont mind drinking it. I started with using the crystal light packets which you have to look on the package. They say 5 calories per serving but each packet is 2 servings which still isnt bad considering that is only 10 calories and a 20 oz soda is 200 calories. Now I just drink water but it has to be cold water for me to be able to really drink it. I am sure that you can do it. Just think one bottle of water is actually 2 cups. I usually work out in the morning and I usually wind up drinking 2 bottles in that hour. So by 9 am I have 4 cups already. Good luck to you.

Connie
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys for the kind words, it means a TON to me right now. (my husband is vacuuming right now-hee hee). So, sounds to me like ENOUGH WATER is the #1 issue. So, I say this is the challenge for wk 1. What do you all think? Then, next Tues., we add on another challenge. Say, the 30 min. of cardio a day, or whatever. Definetly have to try the no snacking at bedtime too. Once we continue these, they say it takes 3 weeks to break a habit or a craving, so let's keep going! I always carry my favorite jumbo cup with me everywhere with ice water in it. People tease me it's booze, but I tell them it's so i get all my water in for the day! I also bought some crystal lite single packs.They are great! And they count cause they have no caffeine that actually dehydrates you!:drinker: Drink up team, TRUE TO BLUE is my motto! I'm still gonna work hard at this the best that i can! :bigsmile: Kathy
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys for the kind words, it means a TON to me right now. (my husband is vacuuming right now-hee hee). So, sounds to me like ENOUGH WATER is the #1 issue. So, I say this is the challenge for wk 1. What do you all think? Then, next Tues., we add on another challenge. Say, the 30 min. of cardio a day, or whatever. Definetly have to try the no snacking at bedtime too. Once we continue these, they say it takes 3 weeks to break a habit or a craving, so let's keep going! I always carry my favorite jumbo cup with me everywhere with ice water in it. People tease me it's booze, but I tell them it's so i get all my water in for the day! I also bought some crystal lite single packs.They are great! And they count cause they have no caffeine that actually dehydrates you!:drinker: Drink up team, TRUE TO BLUE is my motto! I'm still gonna work hard at this the best that i can! :bigsmile: Kathy

I like that idea! :flowerforyou: We can keep adding the challenges on and continuing to change our habits. I love the big cup full o' booze, um ... I mean, water. :laugh:

Feel better, sweets! :flowerforyou:

I'm on cup 6 of my water today and my BF and I are going out to dinner, so I know I'll get my water in. He wants to go to Red Lobster to celebrate the New Year. Seafood Caesar Salad . . . here I come! :bigsmile:
  • RachVR6
    Options
    I love that we have chatty team members! Hurray! :laugh: I've only got 3 cups of water in so far today, but I'm taking my jug with me to my bf's for the night. See you guys tomorrow!!! :bigsmile:
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I got my 8 glasses of water in today.
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I drink a ton of water, in fact it's pretty much all I drink except for my morning cup(s) of Joe......I drink wayyy more than 8 glasses a day...once you get started drinking all of your water, it pretty much becomes a habit.
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    Ok so I did my 5K. I finished in 49.41 minutes which I dont think is to bad considering it is my first ever and I do weigh 264 lbs. I burned 620 calories. I thought I would have burned more than that but I will take that no matter what . It was sort of a rush to actually come across that finish line. I am so happy that I did it and I cant wait to do more of them. I really cant wait to do one once I lose all the weight I want to lose and are actually in shape. That would be great to do then.

Connie

YAY CONNIE!!!!:drinker: Good job girl!
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    30 minute walk in today and half of my 72oz jug of water gone!...overall pretty good day!...Keep up the good work everyone...thanks for stopping thru and sharing your day with us....Go Blue!
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    I got my 8 glasses of water in today.

Super job!
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    ok- I got an exercise ball for Christmas....just finished going through all of the exercises in the booklet that came with it.....man, I have no coordination! :laugh: I have no idea how to calculate this little workout, but at I started one on the 1st of January! Yeah Me!

Good 4 u!...I've worked w/ the exercise ball a few times my self...i found that it's pretty easy to do abs on it as well...keep at it! u can do it!
  • GettingThin08
    Options
    Come on yall lets work off our big ol butts!!!!!!:laugh:
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Just so you know, I didn't get to finish my daily 30 minutes of walking on the tredmill. I've been busy; but I did finish 10 minutes of it and my strength training.

That's ok - I always say, some exercise is better than none at all!! :flowerforyou:
  • shar140
    Options
    So we started our exercise thing yesterday so here is what I did then.

Wed Step/Abs class 1 hr. Burned 540 calories.
    Today I am doing my first ever 5K in about an hour. I will update later on how many calories I burned.

Hubby got me a Polar F6 for xmas although I got it earlier than that but I love my HRM. I hope everyone is having a fun New Year.

Talk you all later.

Connie

I am jealous!! I wanted an F4 HRM but didn't get one. :sad: I'll just have to suck it up and buy one myself!
  • shar140
    Options
    So we started our exercise thing yesterday so here is what I did then.

Wed Step/Abs class 1 hr. Burned 540 calories.
    Today I am doing my first ever 5K in about an hour. I will update later on how many calories I burned.

Hubby got me a Polar F6 for xmas although I got it earlier than that but I love my HRM. I hope everyone is having a fun New Year.

Talk you all later.

Connie

I am jealous!! I wanted an F4 HRM but didn't get one. :sad: I'll just have to suck it up and buy one myself!
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    oops...forgot i wasn't supposed to eat anything after 8....or was it 3 hours before bed time?...well guess i'll have to stay up til 12 tonight....but it still didnt set me over my calories for today...well, tomorrow's a new day...hang in there guys!
  • shar140
    Options
    Hey guys! I was out of town for a few days...I just hope I didn't gain anything from the weight I reported! I'm excited for this challenge - it's the motivation I need!

Go BIG BLUE! :smokin: