Mommy Challenge Part 3: Hot Mummies for Halloween!!!

Options

Replies

• bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    So I am a pretty big country fan and just got great seats to see Miranda Lambert and Justin Moore. The concert is Oct 13th, so I have a little over a month. I have decided to challenge myself to lose 8-10 pounds before the concert and hopefully that will put me into my smaller jeans. right now I can wear them but its not attractive at all muffin top would be putting it nicely. LOL

So if i count this morning I am 1.1 pounds towards my goal! And when I reach that goal by Oct 13 I will have already met our challenge goal too and still have a couple weeks left! (im trully hoping for 15-20 by halloween with atleast 10 being ok.

Sounds awesome!!! You can do it!!! :bigsmile:
  • bhurley1424
    Options
    So I had posted yesterday but somehow I lost it!! :grumble: Didn't have a great week for exercise so and didn't make 300 minutes yet. Maybe by Monday but not sure. Next I will be starting 'fresh' I guess. I've just signed up with a personal trainer at my gym for an hour 2x a week for a couple months. I am excited to get started on this - hoping she can help me reach my goals and most of all get my back and core stronger so I don't have to worry about what I'm doing. :happy: I think my ultimate fitness goal is to be able to complete the couch to 5K program - right now jogging/running is out of the question.
  • Syds_Mom
    Syds_Mom Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just got back from the gym. Love love love Zumba! It kicked my butt! So I've officially met my 120 mins of cardio goal for the week...the fruits and veggies...not so much. But I'll keep trying. Hopefully I will get to the gym tomorrow. Saturday is my weigh in day, so we'll see what we've got!
  • mrswilson0511
    mrswilson0511 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I DID IT I DID IT!!!:smile:
    I finally made my 2nd mini goal!!! I weighed 268.1 this morning. I hope this trend continues
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I DID IT I DID IT!!!:smile:
    I finally made my 2nd mini goal!!! I weighed 268.1 this morning. I hope this trend continues

:happy: :bigsmile: :happy: :bigsmile: :happy: :bigsmile: :happy: :bigsmile: :love: :flowerforyou: :heart:

Ok Smile over load but as your best friend I am SO excited for you!!!
  • shanlynt
    shanlynt Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Down 1.2 for the week. I was hoping for a 2 lb loss but I'll take it. Almost at my first mini goal of 22 lbs.
  • KristynStephens15
    Options
    Hey Mummies, just wanted to check in. Everyone ready for Monday's weigh in??? Hope your all having a great weekend. Today is a sad day for America and I hope none of you Mummies were personally effected/lost a loved one in the tragedy that is 9/11. :frown:
  • kristen11joy
    kristen11joy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Good week, not so great weekend, as far as diet goes. Two BBQs complete with burgers, salads (not the diet kind!) wine and dessert. And today there were cupcakes. No way to stay totally within my calories -- I couldn't even log it all that well, since I'm just guessing on a lot of it. But I tried to eat less than I normally would. But I did eat a cupcake. And it was yummy! Hopefully my good week will balance it out -- we'll see tomorrow.
  • ybodwen
    ybodwen Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

My weekend wasn't as on track as the rest of my week but infinitely better than other weekends in the recent past!
    Definitely munched a whole lot less and limited special weekend type foods to one serving.
    So to my shock I got on the scale this morning and I was 2 pounds up!! Never weighed this much other than being 9 months pregnant. And I've been working SO HARD on eating right and working out this week. Bummer.
    Can I blame the fact that it's my TOM? Or am I just doing something very wrong?
    I'm pretty bummed about all this hard work seeming to not have amounted to anything.

Hope everyone's weekend went great!
  • bhurley1424
    Options
    Hi all!

My weekend wasn't as on track as the rest of my week but infinitely better than other weekends in the recent past!
    Definitely munched a whole lot less and limited special weekend type foods to one serving.
    So to my shock I got on the scale this morning and I was 2 pounds up!! Never weighed this much other than being 9 months pregnant. And I've been working SO HARD on eating right and working out this week. Bummer.
    Can I blame the fact that it's my TOM? Or am I just doing something very wrong?
    I'm pretty bummed about all this hard work seeming to not have amounted to anything.

Hope everyone's weekend went great!

Don't let it get you down. YES! TOM can make you weight heavier; it will make me at least 2lbs heavier most times. think it's the water retention :huh:. Also, for some reason I will typically be higher after the weekend and then I'll weigh again like on Wednesday and be back down. It's crazy how our bodies work!! So anyway, don't get to upset. I bet if you weigh again in a few days you'll be down again. :bigsmile:
  • Annetinkerbell
    Annetinkerbell Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I lost 2.6lbs this morning! I have been good in terms of food all week, except a few biscuits over the weekend. My husband leaves them lying around and that makes my will power melt. I have also been exercising, although not as much as I would have liked. I'm hoping running around with a toddler and being silly is considered exercise as that is how we end our day.

I started mfp about 5 months ago but had to stop dieting as I am breastfeeding my son and he wasn't gaining weight. I had gained around 1lb or so which was understandable. I started again last week when my son turned 6months and is eating some food and taking formula during the day. I am hoping the 2.6lbs loss is real and down to my hard work and not because it was my first TOM in about a year when I weighed myself last week. I guess only time will tell.
  • Twin22twin
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

Hope all has been well! I am down 4.5lbs this week. This morning I am 152 lbs. This is mainly waterloss I am sure( with the lower carb approach I am doing to start)- but I'll take whatever loss shows on the scale :) Hoping to lose 2lbs/week from here on.

How was everyone's weekend?
  • angelacasey736
    angelacasey736 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday ladies - looks like alot of you are on a great start.

SW - 161.4
    9/12 - 158

Down 3.4 so far :smile: - if only every week were this productive!!
  • miami_mimi
    miami_mimi Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Everyone is doing soooo great, what an awesome motivation :) I did super great this week also!! the 30DS is amazing and the 5K running and training is priceless.... September is my month, I can feel it, and I know i'll be one hot sexy mummy for Halloween!!!!! :):):)

Week 9/5/11-- 152.6 lbs
    Week 9/12 --- 150.0 lbs
    Week 9/19 ---
    Week 9/26---
    Week 10/3--
    Week 10/10--
    Week 10/17--
    Week 10/24--
    Week 10/31---

Total weight loss: __2.6__lbs
  • KristynStephens15
    Options
    Week 9/5/11-- 149.1 lbs
    Week 9/12 --- 149.0 lbs
    Week 9/19 ---
    Week 9/26---
    Week 10/3--
    Week 10/10--
    Week 10/17--
    Week 10/24--
    Week 10/31---

Total weight loss: __0.1__lbs

Haha after going over my cals by over 600 and going over sodium well over 1000 yesterday, I should definitly be greatful for this TINY loss!!!!
  • mrswilson0511
    mrswilson0511 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!

Looks like so far everyone is off to a great start!!!! We can do this!!! Great job ladies!!! :love: is there a challenge for this week?

Week 9/5/11-- 271.2 lbs
    Week 9/12 --- 268.1 lbs
    Week 9/19 ---
    Week 9/26---
    Week 10/3--
    Week 10/10--
    Week 10/17--
    Week 10/24--
    Week 10/31--
    Total Loss--- _-3.10_
  • lisafred24
    lisafred24 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Not sure what is up with my body. Didn't change my eating last week at all but lost no weight. Maybe this is the start of a plateau, ugh!!! Although my clothes are more loose. Maybe I need to break out the tape measure.

Week 9/5/11-- 220 lbs
    Week 9/12 --- 220 lbs
    Week 9/19 ---
    Week 9/26---
    Week 10/3--
    Week 10/10--
    Week 10/17--
    Week 10/24--
    Week 10/31---

Total weight loss: ____lbs
  • nicolerah
    nicolerah Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies... I see we did good for the first week... I trust that we are gonna keep it up (or in this case, keep the pounds down!)

I had a pretty bad weekend in terms of eating but thankfully it did not affect me as I weighed in less 2 llbs this morning!! :happy:

I am at home today as I think my body gave up this morning cause I did not hear my alarms and woke up after 8! Had to play rookie... but I'll use the time wisely cause my son is coming over and we're gonna do some work on our apartment and try to turn it from a construction site to a place we could actually move into!! Hopefully that would be soon.

Here are my stats:
    Week 9/5/11-- 135.5 lbs
    Week 9/12 --- 133.5 lbs
    Week 9/19 ---
    Week 9/26---
    Week 10/3--
    Week 10/10--
    Week 10/17--
    Week 10/24--
    Week 10/31---

Total loss: 2 llbs

Have a great week Mummies!! :tongue: :drinker: (<
    dont forget to get all your water in!)
  • zsesteacher
    zsesteacher Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hi to all the mummies out there...a little disappointed this morning cause I only lost 1 pound...I weighed myself of saturday and it was 2 pounds but I don't know what happen...I'll just stick to a pound...well I guess its better than nothing...hoping everyone has a awesome day!!!!

9/5/2011= 250
    9/12/2011= 249:tongue:
  • jezzi16
    jezzi16 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I want in if it's not too late, I'd love to be able to get into a cute costume again especially since the baby is walking now.

Week 9/12 --- 153.6 lbs
    Week 9/19 ---
    Week 9/26---
    Week 10/3--
    Week 10/10--
    Week 10/17--
    Week 10/24--
    Week 10/31---

Total loss: