Mommy Challenge Part 3: Hot Mummies for Halloween!!!

Options

Replies

• mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    GM,

I late on posting but :

9/5- 1.8

I'm commiting to 45 minutes of cardio everyday from 9/5 until 10/31.
    Wish you all the best of luck.
  • nicolerah
    nicolerah Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Good morning mummies!! It is a wet, yet wonderful day in Atlanta. It seems the weather is showing signs of fall :love: i was able to get in a good hour burn yesterday and it felt great! I am going to aim for 20 minutes today, but its not certain...you know, kids need me :happy: what is your plan for today and how is your week so far? I am hoping for a pound this week. We shall see....going to get a cup of water and start my work day...ttyl!

Good morning to you Lady T... and to all our new challenge members!! This is so wonderful that we have so many new faces and a brand new opportunity to make new friends! I love that!

Here in Trinidad and Tobago, we are hot and sunny as usual... beautiful waters surrounding our islands and great big happy smiling faces, despite our Government continuing a Limited State of Emergency to deal with crime issues.... Our party island still finds ways to party!! lol... As for me, I'm hoping to hit a pool bar this weekend so I need to ensure I get all my exercise in for the week... and eat as clean as I can so when I drink a couple glasses of Johnny chased with Coconut water, I wont put on any llbs!! :blushing: As well, I might be having a "date" this weekend so I wanna look and feel great for that!

I bought a Zumba DVD recently and started doing it on Monday of this week... so far I've done 110 minutes which is 10 mins short of 2 hours.. so if this week's mini challenge is indeed 2hrs for the week, then 12 minutes into today's workout, I'll be over that... I need to do at least 45 minutes per day to be able to continue losing weight, so I'm pressing on.

I hope we all can make the time for ourselves this week and really kick off this challenge with a bang... We deserve the best of ourselves and our families deserve the best of us!!! Let's do this Mommies!!

ps... again I say, for any new member that wishes to add me, feel free.. I sent out some requests but couldn't get to all of you! lol... have fun today girls!!
  • dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Good morning mummies! Lets make it a good one! Yesterday was not a good food day..i ate whatever and drank whatever...im determined to get back on track today, so lotsa water and healthy eating today. I have not put a dent in my 2 hours of cardio this week yet so i plan to hit the pavement for 30 minutes today to start. Mimi, how is training going? I signed up for my 1st 5k on October 2nd as a motivational tool to get out there and exercise. Whats your plan for the day ladies? I have been aiming for less carbs and i go along in my journey im still pineing for cetain things so i am tweeking my diet, as i want this to be a lifestyle change. So i have added back milk, which is not used alot in low carb world, and i also am having bread on occasion (whole wheat) as i love sandwiches. Although i want to cut back on carbs, i dont want to cut them completely as that is not realistic fom me personally. Lets do this mummies!!:wink::wink:
    yes it is...thats the goal...i broke it down to 30 minutes 4x a week.
    Hey I have a question Toya... is that 2 hours total per week??
  • dietfree2012
    Options
    Good morning mummies!! It is a wet, yet wonderful day in Atlanta. It seems the weather is showing signs of fall :love: i was able to get in a good hour burn yesterday and it felt great! I am going to aim for 20 minutes today, but its not certain...you know, kids need me :happy: what is your plan for today and how is your week so far? I am hoping for a pound this week. We shall see....going to get a cup of water and start my work day...ttyl!

Good morning to you Lady T... and to all our new challenge members!! This is so wonderful that we have so many new faces and a brand new opportunity to make new friends! I love that!

Here in Trinidad and Tobago, we are hot and sunny as usual... beautiful waters surrounding our islands and great big happy smiling faces, despite our Government continuing a Limited State of Emergency to deal with crime issues.... Our party island still finds ways to party!! lol... As for me, I'm hoping to hit a pool bar this weekend so I need to ensure I get all my exercise in for the week... and eat as clean as I can so when I drink a couple glasses of Johnny chased with Coconut water, I wont put on any llbs!! :blushing: As well, I might be having a "date" this weekend so I wanna look and feel great for that!

I bought a Zumba DVD recently and started doing it on Monday of this week... so far I've done 110 minutes which is 10 mins short of 2 hours.. so if this week's mini challenge is indeed 2hrs for the week, then 12 minutes into today's workout, I'll be over that... I need to do at least 45 minutes per day to be able to continue losing weight, so I'm pressing on.

I hope we all can make the time for ourselves this week and really kick off this challenge with a bang... We deserve the best of ourselves and our families deserve the best of us!!! Let's do this Mommies!!

ps... again I say, for any new member that wishes to add me, feel free.. I sent out some requests but couldn't get to all of you! lol... have fun today girls!!

Nicole your awesome!! Wednesday and you are almost done with the weekly goal, awesome!! I had no clue you were in Trinidad..wow..sounds like the ocean view for you is awesome! I like your drink idea for the weekend..i have a drinking filled weekend as well, im thinking rum and coke, diet that is, lol....anyone have anymore low cal drink ideas for nicole and I in case we want variety?
  • tracylee679
    tracylee679 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Got in my second day of 30DS last night so I am also well on my way to meeting the mini goal for the week. I am wondering if my weight loss will slow because I am doing 30DS. I have heard that people lose a lot of inches but not so much weight. What have any of your experiences been if you have done this program?

I came in under my calorie goal again yesterday (actually a little too far under once I worked out). I will try to do better today. I am at work right now so I will do day 3 of 30DS when I get home tonight.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!
  • heatherjames84
    heatherjames84 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! I hope all of you mommies have a great day. I did day 1 of JM 30 day shred yesterday. It was hard, but I'm ready for day 2...:smile: bring it on!!! I just can't stay sitting at my desk too long today at a time or I will get stiff.. LOL :laugh: well can't wait to see the weight drop off...my goal is 3 lbs by Saturday...
  • dietfree2012
    Options
    Got in my second day of 30DS last night so I am also well on my way to meeting the mini goal for the week. I am wondering if my weight loss will slow because I am doing 30DS. I have heard that people lose a lot of inches but not so much weight. What have any of your experiences been if you have done this program?

I came in under my calorie goal again yesterday (actually a little too far under once I worked out). I will try to do better today. I am at work right now so I will do day 3 of 30DS when I get home tonight.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

my experience was a loss each week.. i lost 10 pds in a month. i think it depends on how good u did with your food as well. if you have a good food week and you do 30ds everyday, u should, if u eat alot or over your calories u probably wont see a loss with just jillian. its trial and error, but i lost big time....love 30DS! you guys are really tempting me, lol!
  • dietfree2012
    Options
    Good morning all! I hope all of you mommies have a great day. I did day 1 of JM 30 day shred yesterday. It was hard, but I'm ready for day 2...:smile: bring it on!!! I just can't stay sitting at my desk too long today at a time or I will get stiff.. LOL :laugh: well can't wait to see the weight drop off...my goal is 3 lbs by Saturday...

so happy you are liking jillian....are you on kristynstephens1's message board for labor day shredders? she has a whole support group for 30DS; jillian should put her in the video it has brought her success more than once,lol :wink:
  • mrswilson0511
    mrswilson0511 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday everyone!!! We are half way through the work week already! I had a great day yesterday got my work out in during my lunch then worked my second job last night. We are in the play offs and were super busy, I was pouring beer and running back n forth between the two stands none stop last night, definitly sweated my butt off lol! We lost last nights game :cry: but we will win tonight (hopefully) and that will put us in the championship round!! :love: Ive only got 2 more days of working two jobs then back to having my evenings free to be able to get in an extra work out. Tonight will be a blast my bestie's little sister turns 21 and we are taking her out to the bars. :drinker: (<----that will be her tonight)!! Anyways I hope everyone has a fantastic day yesterday and can get a good burn in!!! love you all!!! :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • heatherjames84
    Options

so happy you are liking jillian....are you on kristynstephens1's message board for labor day shredders? she has a whole support group for 30DS; jillian should put her in the video it has brought her success more than once,lol :wink:

Yes I am on it!!!
  • lovecola06
    lovecola06 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    :wink: Starting weights:wink:

Latoyabooker- 150.4
    Nicolerah- 135.5
    Me525- 168.4
    Bhurley- 164
    Tracylee679- 152.6
    Shandun- 203.4
    KristynStephens1-149.1
    Notgoddess- 144.8
    Angelacasey736- 161.4
    Twin22twin- 156.5
    annetinkerbell- 130
    martinah4- 211
    syasmom-220
    alycra- 191
    bailey390- 155
    rodagghero- 230
    ybodwn-
    abbyflower- 166
    minissam- 165.8
    miami_mimi- 152.6

:sad: :cry: you forgot about me, latoya
    Starting Weight:141.6lbs
  • dietfree2012
    Options

Latoyabooker- 150.4
    Nicolerah- 135.5
    Me525- 168.4
    Bhurley- 164
    Tracylee679- 152.6
    Shandun- 203.4
    KristynStephens1-149.1
    Notgoddess- 144.8
    Angelacasey736- 161.4
    Twin22twin- 156.5
    annetinkerbell- 130
    martinah4- 211
    syasmom-220
    alycra- 191
    bailey390- 155
    rodagghero- 230
    ybodwn-
    abbyflower- 166
    minissam- 165.8
    miami_mimi- 152.6

im sorry!!! i wont let it happen againg!! wow, 141.6!! amazing!
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Tracy- It may slow down your loss the first week or so, but by day 10 both rounds i was down a lot. And it is a lot of inchs lost, in the 2 rounds i lost 20 inch... but I also lost 15lbs between the 2 rounds so it is definitly worth it!!!

LaToya.... ya know ya wana.... SHRED!!! You can jump in at any time but its day 3 so 2 days of double would get you caught up... hehe... tempting I know!!! :bigsmile:

Ok so now my Mommy venting for the day. Its a big day for me... my baby Colton... ok my 4 1/2 year old baby, had his 1st day of PreK today.... He was so excited and so ready that he came in at 5am and woke me up, he was fully dressed, even had his back pack already on, wanting me to cut the price tag off his shirt. He was so excited all morning. I was sure I would be the mom in her car crying her face off in the parking lot...:sad: .... I am happy to say, that although my eyes filled with water a few times, and the lump in my throat was so large I could barely talk, I did not cry! He marched right in there put his stuff in his cubby, and got down to business! :smooched: So grown up he could care less that I was leaving! But the good news is I get to go get him in 45 minutes! :laugh: Mommies not counting down the minutes or anything!!!

Also, as MrsWilson said... today is my little sisters 21st bday!!! MrsWilson and I are taking her out and breaking her in good! :drinker: I am still nursing Easton so I will be DD. WHich means i get to sit back and watch and :laugh: ! Anyhow that is what is new with me. On top of my shredding, my other goal for the month is to be 100% honest and log 100% of what i eat in my food diary! So if you are my friend on here, feel free to check it out daily and comment!

Hope you all have a great wednesday! ~Kristyn
  • minussam
    minussam Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    more than half way done with the 2 hours of cardio. And it's only Wednesday. Yeah!!!
  • heatherjames84
    Options

Latoyabooker- 150.4
    Nicolerah- 135.5
    Me525- 168.4
    Bhurley- 164
    Tracylee679- 152.6
    Shandun- 203.4
    KristynStephens1-149.1
    Notgoddess- 144.8
    Angelacasey736- 161.4
    Twin22twin- 156.5
    annetinkerbell- 130
    martinah4- 211
    syasmom-220
    alycra- 191
    bailey390- 155
    rodagghero- 230
    ybodwn-
    abbyflower- 166
    minissam- 165.8
    miami_mimi- 152.6

im sorry!!! i wont let it happen againg!! wow, 141.6!! amazing!

Are you going to make a new list? My name isn't on there either... Starting weight 240lbs EEEEKKKKK
  • dietfree2012
    Options
    Starting weights

Latoyabooker- 150.4
    Nicolerah- 135.5
    Me525- 168.4
    Bhurley- 164
    Tracylee679- 152.6
    Shandun- 203.4
    KristynStephens1-149.1
    Notgoddess- 144.8
    Angelacasey736- 161.4
    Twin22twin- 156.5
    annetinkerbell- 130
    martinah4- 211
    syasmom-220
    alycra- 191
    bailey390- 155
    rodagghero- 230
    ybodwn- 143.3
    abbyflower- 166
    minissam- 165.8
    miami_mimi- 152.6
    heatherblack84- 240
    lovecola06- 141.6
    mscoco10- 1.8
    zseteacher- 250
    kristen11joy- 155
    lisafred24- 22-
    wingsofadove- 205
    mrswilson0511-271.2
  • tracylee679
    tracylee679 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Good evening, Mummies!! I finished day 3 level 1 of 30DS this evening. I hope that all of you had a good day! Gotta get kids to bed just wanted to check in and let you all know that I got my exercise in for the day!

Wish me luck...lol!

Tracy
  • ybodwen
    ybodwen Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Go Tracy!
    I'm up to the same thing- about to do day 3 level 1 as soon as I pull my behind off this chair :)
  • janegeno
    janegeno Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join? I am still watching the doorstep for my scale to show up.
  • heatherjames84
    Options
    I completed L1D2 of 30 DS last night..I am so sore this morning....lol....I hope to continue for it to get easier. I have lost .6lbs this week and I'm kind of wishing it was more, but I'm glad with the loss I have...hope everyone has a great day...