Replies

• MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    waist : 37
    belybutton: 41
    hips:47

size 18 hoping for fitting back in my size 10/11 jeans soon :D

And there's another name that puts mine to shame. Welcome, Deathwithab! :devil:
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Welcome to our new belly burners!!:flowerforyou:

I'm thinking of changing my username to skinnynow as have had a couple people say don't I realise I'm already skinny...duuuh I wasn't when I joined mfp!!
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of changing my username to skinnynow as have had a couple people say don't I realise I'm already skinny...duuuh I wasn't when I joined mfp!!

I misread that as 'skinnycow'!!! i think that's a brand of low-cal icecream right? Not an insult?!

Well after a crazy busy day yesterday and dinner out (not v healthy) and no time to work out, i thought i'd start today with 6week 6pack, cos that one gives me a hell of a workout. I think that's what's helped my obliques too. Anyway that's it for me, we fly tomorrow morning, so no more Jillian for the next 10 days or so, then we're home briefly before disappearing again. Hopefully the apartments in cyprus will have wifi, or i will be lost!

I'll try not to gain too much weight, and look forward to keeping an eye on all your progess :drinker:
  • MissMaggie3
    Options

I misread that as 'skinnycow'!!! i think that's a brand of low-cal icecream right? Not an insult?!

Well after a crazy busy day yesterday and dinner out (not v healthy) and no time to work out, i thought i'd start today with 6week 6pack, cos that one gives me a hell of a workout. I think that's what's helped my obliques too. Anyway that's it for me, we fly tomorrow morning, so no more Jillian for the next 10 days or so, then we're home briefly before disappearing again. Hopefully the apartments in cyprus will have wifi, or i will be lost!

I'll try not to gain too much weight, and look forward to keeping an eye on all your progess :drinker:

Oh, Jen - all the very best for the big occasion, and have a wonderful honeymoon too! We will definitely miss having you around for a while, but we will look forward to your return. I'm using 'we' not because I have delusions of being royal or anything, but because I know other people will feel the same! We want lots of pics, please.

So here's a little something to mark the event:

:love: :heart: :flowerforyou::love::heart: :flowerforyou: :love: :heart: :flowerforyou: :love: :heart: :flowerforyou::love::heart: :flowerforyou: :love: :heart: :flowerforyou::love::heart: :flowerforyou::love::heart: :flowerforyou: :love: :heart: :flowerforyou::love::heart: :flowerforyou::love::heart: :flowerforyou: :love: :heart: :flowerforyou::love::heart: :flowerforyou::love::heart: :flowerforyou: :love: :heart: :flowerforyou::love::heart: :flowerforyou::love::heart: :flowerforyou: :love: :heart: :flowerforyou::love::heart: :flowerforyou::love::heart: :flowerforyou: :love: :heart: :flowerforyou::love::heart: :flowerforyou::love::heart: :flowerforyou: :love: :heart: :flowerforyou::love::heart: :flowerforyou::love::heart: :flowerforyou: :love: :heart: :flowerforyou::love::heart: :flowerforyou::love::heart:
  • AimieStar
    Options
    Count me in; I hate my jelly belly!
  • armaretta
    armaretta Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Congrats Jen! Hope you have a wonderful time! Don't worry about calories while you are gone, just have fun!

I had too much fun yesterday. What started out as a outing to get some dog food and pick up a DVD turned into a lot of window shopping and a Chinese food buffet. I was mostly good. I stayed away from most of the fried foods and did some jogging in place at home until the hubs yelled at me to stop twitching, lol. I only ended up a little over according to MFP, and over 300 under according to BM. I think starting next week, I'm going to experiment with using only the numbers on the BM. I'm getting down to the grindstone now, and I am getting anxious. I am SO close to matching the weight on my driver's license! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Welcome new peoples! Measure up and get to burning!
  • Happyhappy352
    Options
    OMG!!! I took my waist and hip measurements My hips are 43.5 amd my waist is 39.5. I wanted to fall over!!! This has just GOT TO GO!!
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    :love: :heart: :flowerforyou::love::heart: :flowerforyou: :love: :heart: :flowerforyou: :love: :heart: :flowerforyou::love::heart: :flowerforyou: :love: :heart: :flowerforyou::love::heart: :flowerforyou::love::heart: :flowerforyou: :love: :heart: :flowerforyou::love::heart: :flowerforyou::love::heart: :flowerforyou: :love: :heart: :flowerforyou::love::heart: :flowerforyou::love::heart: :flowerforyou: :love: :heart: :flowerforyou::love::heart: :flowerforyou::love::heart: :flowerforyou: :love: :heart: :flowerforyou::love::heart: :flowerforyou::love::heart: :flowerforyou: :love: :heart: :flowerforyou::love::heart: :flowerforyou::love::heart: :flowerforyou: :love: :heart: :flowerforyou::love::heart: :flowerforyou::love::heart: :flowerforyou: :love: :heart: :flowerforyou::love::heart: :flowerforyou::love::heart:

Awwwww our first wedding gift! Thanks Maggie! Too busy to eat much today so may actually end the day in credit :tongue:
  • Malissa8126
    Options
    My baby is still sick but when he was napping I did get a 30 min Wii fit workout in! I also was under calories. Today I don't think I will be able to work out! We were up all night with 103 temp so I am very TIRED can barely keep my eyes open to make them lunch even after 2 cups of coffee! Lets just hope I stay under in calories!

Jen-Congrats!
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    My baby is still sick but when he was napping I did get a 30 min Wii fit workout in! I also was under calories. Today I don't think I will be able to work out! We were up all night with 103 temp so I am very TIRED can barely keep my eyes open to make them lunch even after 2 cups of coffee! Lets just hope I stay under in calories!

Jen-Congrats!

Aw, Malissa, you poor things. Hope he gets better soon. :flowerforyou:
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    OMG!!! I took my waist and hip measurements My hips are 43.5 amd my waist is 39.5. I wanted to fall over!!! This has just GOT TO GO!!

I understand that feeling so well, but for me it was the weight I had let myself become by April this year. But actually, I needed the shock to make me do something. Maybe the same for you?
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Malissa, so sorry to hear your baby is unwell, poor little thing, hope it passes quickly.

JEN - all the best for your special day, have fun and make sure you spend time with each other as it all goes so fast!! :heart: :flowerforyou: I'll forgive you for 'skinnycow', well I'll try, lol!

Welcome to our newest Belly Burners :happy:
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    OK. This evening I went fishing in a stream in waders, and burnt 329 calories. I threw the fish back, in case you were wondering, being a vegetarian. I also did No More Toruble Zones - 274 cals, total 603.
  • Deathwithab
    Deathwithab Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    OK. This evening I went fishing in a stream in waders, and burnt 329 calories. I threw the fish back, in case you were wondering, being a vegetarian. I also did No More Toruble Zones - 274 cals, total 603.
    woohoo fishing! we never keep the fishys either its just fun to catch and release
  • armaretta
    armaretta Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Fishing, nice! That's an interesting way to burn calories. Me.... I have a slight phobia of live fish. Weird, I know :laugh:

Today, I did Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 Week 1 again and my normal running. I might do the whole circuit over again for my hubs, so he can stay motivated :bigsmile: Total burn 607 (495 according to BM). The burn for the run was close between the Polar and BM. There was nearly a 100 cal difference on the Jillian workout though! I'm not sure what I want to do about this. I heard that some people just leave the BM off during strength exercises that don't register well on the BM, but I am wondering if the Polar was over calculating my burns before?

Hope your baby gets better Malissa! :cry:
  • acarter33664
    acarter33664 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I took a day off yesterday, but today I did an hour. (20 minutes on the treadmill and 40 minutes on the elliptical) I burned 745 calories. Tomorrow may be a Zumba day.
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    I ended up unintentionally taking the day off, but yesterday I walked 4.3 miles and ran 15min/1.5 miles of it. Tomorrow my goal is to make it as close to 20 minutes/2 miles as I can.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    What sort of ab/core exercises are you guys doing? Is anyone doing standing exercises? I hate to get on the floor at the gym, so I want to add in some standing items to go with my mini circuits with free weights.
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    What sort of ab/core exercises are you guys doing? Is anyone doing standing exercises? I hate to get on the floor at the gym, so I want to add in some standing items to go with my mini circuits with free weights.

Lots of planks, crunches, oblique twists ... I like gyms, but I'm living out in the countryside and can't easily get to one.So I'm using workouts on DVDs at home. Have you thought of doing that? There is plenty of abs work on the ones I'm using, but I don't know what all the exercises are called. Perhaps you could give them a go? They are really cheap, so it doesn't hurt much bank balance-wise; If you want advice about which ones are good, please ask.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options

Lots of planks, crunches, oblique twists ... I like gyms, but I'm living out in the countryside and can't easily get to one.So I'm using workouts on DVDs at home. Have you thought of doing that? There is plenty of abs work on the ones I'm using, but I don't know what all the exercises are called. Perhaps you could give them a go? They are really cheap, so it doesn't hurt much bank balance-wise; If you want advice about which ones are good, please ask.

I have the worst possible apartment for at home videos. I live in a studio apartment. I also have hard floors. And to top it off, there is a squeaky area in the center where I have my "open space." That's why I end up at the gym. Mine is about 1.25 miles away, but parking is limited near it so I try to walk or take the bus depending on how much time I have. (The bus, runs once every 30 minutes, but stops 1 block from my house and 1 block from the gym). (It is a workout coming home from the gym. The last 3/4 of a mile is uphill! The incline increases as I get closer to home so it takes about 25 minutes on the way home!)

I am not much for videos, so I tend to print out a few exercise guides, roll out my yoga mat and do them along with some music or tv or whatever. Planks! I live these. Crunches, not so much. My floor feels so hard when I do them. Hard on my butt actually. it is really strange, but the friction is painful. I probably need a thicker mat. The bed always feels too easy. Oblique twists, like crunches to the side?

I have been trying to find lots of combo moves that work in a broad range of motion so it seems more natural. That's why I like the planks since it seems to help much of your body. Are you guys doing pilates? I am tempted to take some classes next. There is a studio about a block from my apartment.