Burn The Belly

Options

Replies

• JIsh09
    JIsh09 Posts: 158
    Options
    I myself don't go to the gym either. I've started on the Zumba workouts and I got to admit I'm loving it so far! I also do crunches,squats,etc!
  • victoriousnrltm
    Options
    Check out my favorite resource!
    http://www.acefitness.org/exerciselibrary/default.aspx
    Exercises are categorized by body zone, there are written & video instructions for each one, & the have loads of whole body integrated exercises as well.
    Good luck
    V~
    SW 160
    CW 135 woohoo!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Check out my favorite resource!
    http://www.acefitness.org/exerciselibrary/default.aspx
    Exercises are categorized by body zone, there are written & video instructions for each one, & the have loads of whole body integrated exercises as well.
    Good luck
    V~
    SW 160
    CW 135 woohoo!

Thanks, I'll check this out!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Our original thread has been locked after reaching 500 posts, this one has opened automaticall....but what's it showing as on ther forum?
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    Our original thread has been locked after reaching 500 posts, this one has opened automaticall....but what's it showing as on ther forum?

Just ignore me and my typos, I see it's part 2!!

Not doing my Insanity recovery tonight, can't be bothered, doesn't do much for me and I find it such an anticlimax compared to the other workouts. Did walking this morning and the Shred levell 1 whilst my baby napped and that's it for the day, cals burnt 315. I'm going to chill out with hubby, watch a dvd and eats a huge portion of curry goat with rice :bigsmile:
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    OK I found you!! So here is my story I was MIA yesterday taking a rest day my foot has been killing me. I feel it is my shoes and after all that walking in those shoes hurt me something bad. So I figured the extra rest would help. Today when I got up my foot felt tons better so I grabbed my Killer Buns dvd and set out to work. Well into the warm-up you guessed it the pain flared up again which seemed out of no where. I was modifying moves in the warm-up and into the first circuit had to stop. I mean that's no way to workout if you have to keep taking breaks and modifying or shifting your weight differently :frown: So I thought maybe NMTZ well by then I was so discouraged I didn't get far into that either. I burnt about 223 calories and may not do anything else today either.
    My foot is hurting in the arch only on my left foot. My bf said it looked like I have flat feet, I don't know if that's true I have never had complications with my feet before. But my foot hurts so more rest I suppose but that sucks. I know one thing I need to get a new pair of shoes but doubt that is in the budget this weekend. Suggestions??
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options

Just ignore me and my typos, I see it's part 2!!

Not doing my Insanity recovery tonight, can't be bothered, doesn't do much for me and I find it such an anticlimax compared to the other workouts. Did walking this morning and the Shred levell 1 whilst my baby napped and that's it for the day, cals burnt 315. I'm going to chill out with hubby, watch a dvd and eats a huge portion of curry goat with rice :bigsmile:

Just told hubby why I wasn't doing recovery for him to tell me I should have done it and followed the program as it should be....which really I agree with as i've always said the same thing about other workout programs. Oh well 1 night won't make a difference, back on track tomorrow!
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    @jadeone - sorry, I can't get the hang of this quoting thing. Anyway, I forgot to say sit-ups, of course. You certainly have some constraints you're working against there, but you also sound like you have the will and the determination.

Oblique twists: Get in a plank position, then turn your body to the left while bringing your right knee towards your left armpit. Then the other side. Go as far as you can - you need to feel it quite strongly in your sides.

I'm going to make a list of some other moves for you at the weekend. You might already know them, but it's good to have some variety so they might just be a reminder. :smile:
  • jadedone
    Options
    OK I found you!! So here is my story I was MIA yesterday taking a rest day my foot has been killing me. I feel it is my shoes and after all that walking in those shoes hurt me something bad. So I figured the extra rest would help. Today when I got up my foot felt tons better so I grabbed my Killer Buns dvd and set out to work. Well into the warm-up you guessed it the pain flared up again which seemed out of no where. I was modifying moves in the warm-up and into the first circuit had to stop. I mean that's no way to workout if you have to keep taking breaks and modifying or shifting your weight differently :frown: So I thought maybe NMTZ well by then I was so discouraged I didn't get far into that either. I burnt about 223 calories and may not do anything else today either.
    My foot is hurting in the arch only on my left foot. My bf said it looked like I have flat feet, I don't know if that's true I have never had complications with my feet before. But my foot hurts so more rest I suppose but that sucks. I know one thing I need to get a new pair of shoes but doubt that is in the budget this weekend. Suggestions??

Yes, it is definitely possibly your feet are flat or you have fallen arches. Rest and arch support can help. Can you get some inserts for your shoes? There are usually a few options at the drugstore/target.

I know my feet are flat, and sometimes they are really in pain. I take extra care to check the cushioning and arch support and where footwear that is sufficient for the next couple of days. It is definitely worse (as I get older) it seems or if I spend all day standing in shoes with minimal cushioning.
  • armaretta
    armaretta Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    JM with the Hubby + run. Burn according to Polar is 597. Burn according to BM is 456. Oh what to believe!
  • jadedone
    Options
    Just came home from the gym. I got there at around 5:45. I hate going that late because it is very packed. And since the bus was MIA, I ended up walking down. I knew I was too exhausted for the rower, so I planned to do the elliptical. Of course the ones that were free were broken or directly in the sun. So I ended up doing the adaptive motion trainer. Have you guys tried this? It is like a set of pedals suspended in the air so you can either run or mimic a stair climbing motion. You can lengthen your stride all the way up to sprint length. It is soooooo hard!

By the time I got to my strength training circuit, my legs were pooped. I ended up with fewer reps. (I did dead lifts on Tuesday, I think my legs are still recovering.) Today's mix: dead lift/overhead press, tricep row, deltoid raise, and a standing ab exercise. I have decided to focus my weights on full body moves and upper body. Since I have a ways to go, I'll see the results there soonest. ;)

Now my muscles are tired! Hopefully I can recover enough to fit in another workout tomorrow. Not sure I'll be able to fit one more in on Saturday.

Happily, I am down 2 pounds this week. I am tempted to change my starting weight so i can see the results. ;) I have 6 more pounds to go until I am back to my starting weight, but I'll be really close to my October goal if I make those.
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    @Armaretta. Goodness, what a problem! Have you asked around in the forums?

@jadeone - I was thinking whole body would be better. Do you still want to know about other abs exercises? I've heard that it is generally better to start with strength and do cardio after; don't know if it is true.
  • jadedone
    Options

@jadeone - I was thinking whole body would be better. Do you still want to know about other abs exercises? I've heard that it is generally better to start with strength and do cardio after; don't know if it is true.

Definitely. I get bored easily. :) I'll be trying something slightly different in a week or 2 no doubt. :) (or adding some new exercises in)
  • armaretta
    Options

I was wanting to do that, but I've been so busy all week! There were mass layoffs so I have to do two people's jobs now, as well as train one of the survivors to do something they aren't qualified to do :ohwell: oh boy, stressful week! I'm going to post something on the forums now before it's too late and I have to go do something important! Soothing thoughts... Soothing thoughts...
  • jrhstarlight
    Options
    JM with the Hubby + run. Burn according to Polar is 597. Burn according to BM is 456. Oh what to believe!

I might do what you suggested earlier and do a middle avg. Therefore say about 500. Although I know people swear by their polar hrm as accurate. I am not sure.
  • jrhstarlight
    Options

Yes, it is definitely possibly your feet are flat or you have fallen arches. Rest and arch support can help. Can you get some inserts for your shoes? There are usually a few options at the drugstore/target.

I know my feet are flat, and sometimes they are really in pain. I take extra care to check the cushioning and arch support and where footwear that is sufficient for the next couple of days. It is definitely worse (as I get older) it seems or if I spend all day standing in shoes with minimal cushioning.

I may look into the insoles I saw the Dr Schols machine yesterday at walmart. So i may give it a go until I can buy better shoes. Thanks.
  • armaretta
    Options

I might do what you suggested earlier and do a middle avg. Therefore say about 500. Although I know people swear by their polar hrm as accurate. I am not sure.
    It's confusing. My post on the forums has only a few responses. Most say Polar is more accurate, but a couple people messaged me and told me the BM was more accurate. I think, starting on Sunday, I'm going to do an experiment where I use only the BM numbers for two weeks to see if I drop the weight it says, and compare that with what MFP says I should have lost. That means I'll have to behave myself on the salts to eliminate that variable of water weight gain! I've been so bad about the salts this week!
  • MissMaggie3
    Options

I was wanting to do that, but I've been so busy all week! There were mass layoffs so I have to do two people's jobs now, as well as train one of the survivors to do something they aren't qualified to do :ohwell: oh boy, stressful week! I'm going to post something on the forums now before it's too late and I have to go do something important! Soothing thoughts... Soothing thoughts...

Oh dear. Deep breaths. Calm. Relaxed.
  • Malissa8126
    Options
    Hello Ladies! PHEW I thought I had lost you! :) Thanks Skinny!

Well my baby is still sick yes STILL so I only worked out once this week, I have gone over calories most days considering I havent been able to go to the store to get more fruits and veggies! But as long as I don't gain this week I will be happy! I am praying I can be back at it MONDAY morning again! I hope I haven't lost my motivation a week off is killer!
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    Hello Malissa! So sorry to hear that your baby is still sick; I'm not surprised that calories haven't been your main consideration this week.

We'll be waiting to cheer you on once things are back to normal for you - we'll make sure you don't lose your motivation! :flowerforyou: