Burn The Belly

Options

Replies

• cookie241
    cookie241 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Sorry didn't get to check in on fri or over the weekend, and also didn't do any exercise over the weekend although i felt a lot better for it this morning after having exercised for the previous 12 days without a break!

13-09-11 - Walking 40 mins briskly approx 242 calories, 30 day shred level one day 7 approx 308 calories, walking again slightly slower approx 184 calories - total 734
    14-09-11 - 30 day shred level one day eight approx 308 calories, walking approx 184 calories - total 492
    15-09-11 - 30 day shred level one day nine approx 308 calories, 60 mins netball approx 312 calories - total 620
    16-09-11 - 30 day shred level one day ten approx 308 calories, walking about 60 mins approx 250ish calories - total 558
    Weekend no exercise
    19-09-11 - 30 day shred level two day one approx 308 calories, 60 mins netball match approx 342 calories, walking to school and back approx 184 calories - total 834.

Hoping for some more inches off the measurement check in tomorrow!!
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Checking in. So far today, ran through level 1 30DS. Over calories by almost 400 so some other kind of exertion prior to bed is highly likely.
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    @jen: How much longer til the big day?

We fly to cyprus on thurs, then the big day is next Tues. Picked up my dress again today after some minor adjustments- less chance of a wardrobe malfunction now, but will still take double sided tape just to avoid Lindsay Lohan moments. It does fit better even with only a small reduction in midsection! Pics to follow in a couple of weeks.

Been having arthritis flare ups the last few days, but need to get a workout in., so might go for RI30 level 1 tonight. Need to earn some calories for a snack later, I'm already over the limit!!

Are we all ready for judgement day tomorrow? Sending out thin vibes...:tongue:
  • Happyhappy352
    Options
    I'm a little late but can I join? Most of my weight is in the middle. My start weight is 173 will post measurements later.
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    A quick check-in; today I did 'very brisk walking', Banish fat boost metabolism and ... ahem ... sky diving. total burn - 614 calories. 3 calories fewer than Frannswaz!

Not optimistic about tomorrow after the weekend. Hey ho, we'll see.
  • Frannswaz
    Frannswaz Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    @Maggie: So it was you I saw soaring in the sky on my way to the gym this evening!! Nice one:smile:

So today: 617 calories - running, yoga and weight training.

Its getting a little chilly which means three struggles

----comfort/warming foods ----aka CARBS!!!!
    .....HOT DRINKS---the more tea (proper tea ---english breakfast, earl grey with the fixings NOT herbal) the better
    ----and a lot less plain water even with a slice of lemon in it!!

HELP!!

Time to get rid of the TEMPTATIONS---its the only way .:laugh:
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    @Maggie: So it was you I saw soaring in the sky on my way to the gym this evening!! Nice one:smile:

So today: 617 calories - running, yoga and weight training.

Its getting a little chilly which means three struggles

----comfort/warming foods ----aka CARBS!!!!
    .....HOT DRINKS---the more tea (proper tea ---english breakfast, earl grey with the fixings NOT herbal) the better
    ----and a lot less plain water even with a slice of lemon in it!!

HELP!!

Time to get rid of the TEMPTATIONS---its the only way .:laugh:

Happy to take the earl grey off your hands. In fact, just send the whole lot up north. We need food parcels :bigsmile:
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late but can I join? Most of my weight is in the middle. My start weight is 173 will post measurements later.

Yes of course, hi and welcome!! :happy:
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Todays burn for walking and Insanity fit test is 435.

Jen, you must be so excited now that you have your dress, can't wait to see your pics!!
  • Victoria141090
    Options
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    YOWZERS!! I got everyone today it wasn't intentional but it happened, I was trying to kill 2 birds with one stone and well hit a crazy high. I walked today actually cause I was applying to jobs and decided to go on foot cause when I looked it up the first place was 2 miles and second place was 1 more mile further. Well I did alot of walking no stop basically and felt I did more than 3 miles to get to last place got back home and yikes it was 4. something miles, so walked a total of 8-9 miles and my hrm read 1749!! Not sure of the accuracy but I'll take it lol. I did stop for a bite to eat at a crappy fast food joint which gave me tons of calories but I'm surprisingly still in the negatives :( I don't plan to eat back all calories just in case the calorie count is too high but I am beat :yawn: So no KBT today sorry.

ps job hunt didn't go so well but I got a killer workout.
  • armaretta
    armaretta Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Wow jrhstarlight! That's some crazy burn! I don't see how you survive on the negatives! I'd just die. I'm having trouble sitting still long enough to type this without dashing downstairs to get my dinner! Mucho Impressive! :drinker:

I did JM Ripped in 30 today week 1. I was going to do week 3, but........ I talked the husband into trying it! You know what?! He had a tough time getting through it! He's impressed with the difficulty, and he's in the army ladies! Anyways, I also did my normal run afterwards. Total burn of 641 according to Polar; 432 according to BM. The BM really seems to lack in calculating the strength exercises I think. i might just start using the average between the two. I think the Polar overshoots sometimes, while the BM undershoots.

Everyone ready for reporting day tomorrow? I have an exciting NSV. I went to buy a few pairs of jeans to get me by, since my others are getting too big to wear without flashing.. Get ready.... US size 4!!!! I couldn't believe it. I've gone from a 14 in February to a 4 now. I can't even remember the last time I was a size 4. Might have been over 10 years ago if not longer.

Jen, you must be getting so excited! And a whole month off?! I'm starting regret not taking a honeymoon myself!
  • acarter33664
    acarter33664 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Wow Jrhstarlight! That was a REALLY good burn! Congrats on the NSV amaretta! I hope someday in the distant future to make it to size 4's too! I don't remember ever being a size 4 so that would be a dream come true! Today's burn for me was 325 calories doing elliptical. Oddly, I'm always looking forward to Tuesday reportings! Though I had my fair share of fast food this week, so I'm not so sure if I'll like what the scales are saying :(. Good luck everyone! You are all doing so great!
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    @jrhstarlight - that must be the burn of the month!

@armaretta - size 4? That sounds really tiny, but I need to know the equivalent in UK sizes - can anyone help?

@acarter33664 - I've been looking forward to today too, but alas, it is a disaster on the weight side of things - I've gained 1.4 lbs. :cry:

The rest as follows:

WEEKLY CALORIE BURN - a measely 3524

WAIST - 28.5 (no change)

BELLY BUTTON - 30 (minus 0.5)

BELLY BUTTON + 2" - 34 (no change)

HIPS - 35 (no change)

So I've gained weight and have lost 0.5 of an inch in one place. Hmm. Not an outstanding achievement. This could be because of the weekend (but I didn't eat THAT much - possibly the lack of exercise too), but it could also be that maintenance calories are a few too many calories for me right now. Going to give it another week on maintenance and see what happens next Tuesday.

:indifferent:
  • Jenlwb
    Options
    Wow Maggie, i thought i'd be first to post since i/m up early and the eastern-most gal, you you're an early bird! US size 4 is a UK 8 i believe. Basically- tiny!! Congrats Armaretta, great NSV.

My stats:
    Waist 28 (same)
    Belly button 30 (lost an inch!)
    Below BB 32 (same)
    hips 36 (same)

Weight 116- down a lb!!!!!!!! Wasn't really going for that, getting a bit scrawny elsewhere, so i think i'll switch to maintenance, not lose 0.5lb a week

Finally, i will post a new pic in my page, where you can see oblique muscles! Kind of! If you look realllllly closely and use your imagination!
  • Jenlwb
    Options
    PS- excuse the grubby bathroom mirror with old stickers
    PPS- and the purple pyjamas, gotta take the pics before i have breakfast and bloat up!

How did everyone else do?
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    Wow Maggie, i thought i'd be first to post since i/m up early and the eastern-most gal, you you're an early bird! US size 4 is a UK 8 i believe. Basically- tiny!! Congrats Armaretta, great NSV.

My stats:
    Waist 28 (same)
    Belly button 30 (lost an inch!)
    Below BB 32 (same)
    hips 36 (same)

Weight 116- down a lb!!!!!!!! Wasn't really going for that, getting a bit scrawny elsewhere, so i think i'll switch to maintenance, not lose 0.5lb a week

Finally, i will post a new pic in my page, where you can see oblique muscles! Kind of! If you look realllllly closely and use your imagination!

Tell me about it (getting up early). I'm up at 5:40 am every day - we have to leave for work early to miss the traffic.

Had a quick peek at your pics - I CAN SEE YOUR ABS!!! :drinker:
  • Frannswaz
    Frannswaz Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone:

@jrhstarlight: I agree with Maggie that has got to be the burn of the month!!

@jen: I know how conflicted you can be when you lose a pound but not in the place you would prefer. Are you crazy excited and nervous all rolled into to one yet?? A whole inch off the belly button area ----and
    I CAN SEE YOUR ABS!! How cool is that!

@ amaretta: A size 4!! Bring on the shopping I say. Well done.

@acarter: What are you saying…not too distant future ---you’ve started and you’re being consistent that’s what matters you’ll be achieving and surpassing your goals in no time. Hang tough we are going to get there!! Good weeks work. Proud of ya!

RESULTS Week 2:

Under 4000 for my calorie burn which was 3920. I had a 146 burn and a 446 burn which probably explains it.

RIBCAGE: 27 (reduction of 1”3/4)

WAIST: 26 (reduction of 1”)

BELLY BUTTON: 28.5 (reduction of 1” ¼)

HIPS: 37 (reduction of 1”)

So I can’t tell really gauge my weight to be honest
    I started at 143 when we started this challenge then I gained 5lbs!!!!----of TOM weight reaching a high of 148 lbs last Thursday
    today I’m 143.2lbs. Hopefully I can get a better gauge of things by next weigh in.

As a result maybe the inch reductions are the loss of the water weight ---I’m NOT COMPLAINING though that’s for sure---will have a better idea on this next week too.

I’ve tracked my weight for two cycles now and the water weight gain is NO JOKE….going to deffo increase my potassium levels next time round and be merciless when it comes to the sodium intake.

These fluctuations are maddening even when you know its water---still traumatic have to say..Lol.

I’ll be checking back to see how everybody has done. L8R:smile:
  • Jenlwb
    Options
    Wow Fran, that's quite a monthly fluctuation! Armaretta's given us some good info. I've managed to reduce my monthly bloating my drinking more, the more water you drink, the less you retain. Let us know what happens next time!

And yes, i am freaking out right now, just had my hair cut, done my roots, got some packing to do, and lots of odd bits. Have to buy a new wetsuit for the honeymoon, lots of diving. I love diving hols, i eat big meals, only snack on fruit, and despite consuming a few beers i still come home lighter and stronger!

Better get back to it :grumble:
  • armaretta
    armaretta Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    This weeks results
    Weight: 131.6 (1lbs loss)
    Waist: 27(same)
    Belly button: 28.5 (1/2 inch loss)
    Below Belly button: 30 (1 inch)
    Hips: 36.5 (1/2 inch loss)
    Note: The girls are down to 34-35, depending on if I'm exhaled. I think I'm slowly becoming a pear! The hubs is disappointed, Lol :laugh:

Total burn: 2930
    Avg/day: 418.6
    Avg/workout: 488.3

Congrats on the losses Maggie, jen, and Fran! I never thought about measuring around my ribcage. Maybe I should start!

According to here: http://www.onlineconversion.com/clothing_womens.htm

US women's size 4 is a UK size 6, but I think the biggest variance depends on which store! It's very poorly regulated in the US. Sneaky sneaky US clothing stores making people think they are smaller than they really are!