Burn The Belly

Options

Replies

• 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Not stats to post, not much of a measuring person (I get discouraged because I can't figure out definitively where my waist is) and weight is consistently around the 69.5 kilo mark give or take 0.5. I've been doing the shred and, although fairly sure I haven't lost any inches, I must say, I feel a bit less fat 6 days in. Bo cool to get the before/after phot comparison happening in another 20 days.

Today's burning 30DS 180, Tae kwondo, don't know the actual amount but put it is as martial arts 40 minutes (it's an hour long but there's always a bit of faff) and that gives me just over 400. Even with those extra calories I'm huuuuungry and at my limit.

As for the rest of you, well done on those diminishing circumferences, even if it's only 0.5 of an inch, that's still darn good.
  • Malissa8126
    Options
    First Amarretta- WOW size 4 its been since 9th grade for me! LOL

I didn't get to measure I have a sick baby, but wanted to pop in I lost 1.4lbs this week YEA!!!

I burned 2005 calories this week, now saturday through monday was just running around with kids and carrying them, but every little extra counts right! I amhoping to get in at least a 30 min workout today but who knows if the baby will let me poor baby!
  • Malissa8126
    Options
    One mroe thing everyone is doing AWESOME great losses!
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Check-in:
    Weight: 141.8 so either +0.1lb or down 1.1lb (last official weigh-in was Sat before we started)
    Calorie burn: 2386 - bad week with work obligations.
    Chest 33.5 (- 0.5)
    Upper Belly 37.0 (even)
    Waist 35.2 (-1.0)
    Waist - sucked in: 33 (+0.25)
    Lower Belly 39.0 (- 0.4)

Visual differences- Last week I'd slipped into no-waist mode. Now I can see my waist again, so I'm back to double-muffin-top mode. :(

I've got to kick it into gear this week! I'm so close to breaking 140's.
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Wow everybody seems to be doing well with either dropping inches or lbs. I however stepped on scale this morning(Thurs is my actual weigh in so not too discouraged) and well dropped.4 of a lb. My measurements appear to the the same except my hips sometimes I get 40.5" and sometimes back to 41" so there might be .5" loss there unless I'm horrible at measuring lol.

Grand total burn for the week 4729 or I could say 4065. either way awesome. Mfp says I should have only burnt about 1085 for the walk yesterday which is a big jump but I believe could be a bit more accurate but who knows, I did have some inclines I had to walk.
  • cookie241
    cookie241 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    HI just checking in with measurements

starting measurements

Waist - 32
    Belly button - 40
    Hips - 32 ( should have been 42 not 32 i wish)

Measurements 13/09/11

Waist - 31
    Belly Button - 38
    Hips - 40

Measurements 20/09/11
    Waist - 31
    Belly Button - 37
    Hips - 39
    Weight loss - 3lb - not sure how that has happened i am actually eating more than usual!!

Exercise calories for the week - 3,546
  • armaretta
    armaretta Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    HI just checking in with measurements

starting measurements

Waist - 32
    Belly button - 40
    Hips - 32 ( should have been 42 not 32 i wish)

Measurements 13/09/11

Waist - 31
    Belly Button - 38
    Hips - 40

Measurements 20/09/11
    Waist - 31
    Belly Button - 37
    Hips - 39
    Weight loss - 3lb - not sure how that has happened i am actually eating more than usual!!

Exercise calories for the week - 3,546
    Maybe that's your body's way of telling you that you should up your calories a little? That what I'm having to do. Its scary to think about it, but load of fun one you can force yourself to loosen up a little!

and thank you for the compliments everyone!
  • acarter33664
    acarter33664 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi All. Everyone is doing so well! Just the sheer fact that we post - loss or no loss, is great!

Calories Burned for the week: 2459

This weeks measurements:

Waist: 37
    Belly button: 40.5
    Hips: 44.5

Last week:
    Waist: 38.5
    Belly button: 41
    hips: 45

I even lost 1.2 lbs, and consistently for the past two weeks have been losing an inch off "the girls". I'm so close to my first mini goal of being under 180! Its really exciting! I'll check back in in a bit with calories for the day :) Keep up the amazing work everyone!
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    Well done @notgoddess - an inch off the waist is an excellent result! Maybe you will feel you can drop the 'not' one day soon!

@jrhstarlight - don't get disheartened - I have a feeling you are going to start losing quite a lot soon; you are working very hard, and I know from my own experience that the body seems to hang onto it's stuff for a while, then suddenly it starts to come off fairly quickly. Are you eating your exercise calories?

Well done @cookie241; I think I agree with Armaretta about eating more - that's my excuse for upping the calories anyway! And @acarter33664 - that's 1.5 inches off your waist in a week - amazing! Such good going!

Right then - on with this evening's session. What shall I do this time ... ?
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    It's been very busy on here today, so much to catch up on.....WOW at all the inches and lbs loss, amazing results, a huge congrats everyone!!! :drinker:

I didn't measure this morning, Tuesday is my busiest morning out of the whole week, I'm not measuring now after a day of eating and drinking, probably be bigger than I started lol!

My weekly total burn was 3254, which is great for me!!:bigsmile:
  • jrhstarlight
    Options
    @Maggie I sure hope your right! I do eat my calories back however have been wondering if maybe I should do half instead of all only because I haven't been losing but then again I have a hard enough time staying at my calorie goal ( I go over more than I should) LOL which is prolly more my problem anyway.
    Today my poor legs are exhausted but I had to walk one more time to turn in an application so 5 miles down today and thats prolly all I will do I need a good rest. So I burned 615!!
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    @Maggie I sure hope your right! I do eat my calories back however have been wondering if maybe I should do half instead of all only because I haven't been losing but then again I have a hard enough time staying at my calorie goal ( I go over more than I should) LOL which is prolly more my problem anyway.
    Today my poor legs are exhausted but I had to walk one more time to turn in an application so 5 miles down today and thats prolly all I will do I need a good rest. So I burned 615!!

Yeah, it's difficult to know what to do for the best with those exercise calories (although being a naturally greedy person I'm all in favour of the 'eat your exercise calories' approach!). How long have you been working this hard? Do you take rest days? Forgive me if I seem nosey - I really am interested.
  • Frannswaz
    Frannswaz Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Checking back in to see how everyone has done. IMPRESSIVE!!!

Inches loss, dress sizes down, record calories burned---the lot!

@Malissa: Hope baby feels better. Congrats on the weight loss!

@Not Goddess: Your WAIST is back---good work!

@Jenlwb: I will deffo let you know how it goes next month going up 5LBs then waiting to go back down is way too traumatic. You sound all set.

@acarter: You'll be below 180 in now time. You're working really hard. Good going!!

@armetta: Lol.you continue to crack me up. Good burn this week!

@jrhstarlight: It will come off just stick with it.

Okay guys..Nite nite!!:smile:
  • jrhstarlight
    Options

Yeah, it's difficult to know what to do for the best with those exercise calories (although being a naturally greedy person I'm all in favour of the 'eat your exercise calories' approach!). How long have you been working this hard? Do you take rest days? Forgive me if I seem nosey - I really am interested.

Yes I'm the same way i need to eat all the calories I can so I workout LOL. I prolly started to get back on track in August. I moved to CA in July and after settling in I tried to get back on a schedule of 5-6 days a week mostly at first 5 days. Then slowly by Sept I have been doing 6 days sometimes 7, even though one day is simply walking dvd or something light. I am generally getting in 1 rest day. I would say Aug my burns were mostly 300-600 but by Sept it is more like 600-800 easily cause I have been trying to do 2 workouts a day except on weekends 1 is fine. Everyone says diet is 80% of success so I am sure this is my downfall along with another girl said you can overeat your training. I'm wondering if that is my problem seeing how I overindulge on weekends therefore counteracting my progress. At least it is something I can work at to improve but my scale isn't moving. I did the reports on mfp for last 30 days and lost only 2 lbs but my goal is 1 lb a week, so something isn't working for me.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Can I join the club?

I gained around 10 pounds in the past 6 months and it all went directly to my hips and waist. Each pound equaled an inch. Eeek!
  • MissMaggie3
    Options

Yes I'm the same way i need to eat all the calories I can so I workout LOL. I prolly started to get back on track in August. I moved to CA in July and after settling in I tried to get back on a schedule of 5-6 days a week mostly at first 5 days. Then slowly by Sept I have been doing 6 days sometimes 7, even though one day is simply walking dvd or something light. I am generally getting in 1 rest day. I would say Aug my burns were mostly 300-600 but by Sept it is more like 600-800 easily cause I have been trying to do 2 workouts a day except on weekends 1 is fine. Everyone says diet is 80% of success so I am sure this is my downfall along with another girl said you can overeat your training. I'm wondering if that is my problem seeing how I overindulge on weekends therefore counteracting my progress. At least it is something I can work at to improve but my scale isn't moving. I did the reports on mfp for last 30 days and lost only 2 lbs but my goal is 1 lb a week, so something isn't working for me.

That's really interesting. I wonder what's going on. Do you go over your calories often? On a weekly basis, would you be over? If so, I suppose you could be building muscle. We are always being told that you can't build muscle on a deficit, but if you are eating a lot, I suppose it's possible that you are in ... whatever the opposite of a deficit is, lol! If that's the case, it will pay off in the long run as your metabolism will go up (if I've understood the science correctly).

If you are not eating that much, we'll have to think again. :smile:
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    Can I join the club?

I gained around 10 pounds in the past 6 months and it all went directly to my hips and waist. Each pound equaled an inch. Eeek!

Well, you have come to the right place. Of course you can join - welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • SewerUrchin
    Options
    Just measured my gut, 43.5in. Argh. I think I'll hide in here for a while! :D
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    Just measured my gut, 43.5in. Argh. I think I'll hide in here for a while! :D

Welcome SewerUrchin. You can certainly take cover in here until you are ready to bare your gut to the world. We've got your back. Or your belly. :bigsmile:

Which reminds me, must get a more imaginative name.
  • Deathwithab
    Deathwithab Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    waist : 37
    belybutton: 41
    hips:47

size 18 hoping for fitting back in my size 10/11 jeans soon :D