Guns baby... More specifically ladies shooting guns.

Options
14567810»

Replies

• pain_is_weakness
    pain_is_weakness Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    hahaha, i LOVE this pic, i love shooting. I have bad eyes becaue I thought you were making out with yourself, lol, KEEP IT forget what everyone else says!
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with the picture, you can't even see the gun.

I think you have to remember though, that this website has people from all over the world. Everyone has a different background and cultural norms. Take me as an example - in my personal opinion, guns should be banned for everyone except those who need them for their work or who are a licenced sporting shooter. And the thought of having a gun or carrying one for self defense is a nightmare. Guns for fun is just wrong to me. I know lots of you will disagree, but you see I live in a place where people don't have or need to carry guns and I feel sorry for people who feel so threatened in their daily life that a gun seems like the answer. I can't imagine why you would choose to live in a place like this.

I should add that I grew up on a farm, my dad had a gun (used to put down animals if needed), I've shot guns before and I do appreciate that in some jobs they are an unfortunate neccessity.

I think the point of my post is that for some people guns are a regular and expected part of life, for others (like me) they are not common or respected. I wouldn't argue your right to shoot or to post a picture of you shooting, but you can't expect everyone to have the same thoughts as you about guns.

There isn't a place on this planet that people don't need to carry a gun. Whether their right has been stripped away by liberal nonthinking is a whole other story.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options

I think you have to remember though, that this website has people from all over the world. Everyone has a different background and cultural norms. Take me as an example - in my personal opinion, guns should be banned for everyone except those who need them for their work or who are a licenced sporting shooter. And the thought of having a gun or carrying one for self defense is a nightmare. Guns for fun is just wrong to me. I know lots of you will disagree, but you see I live in a place where people don't have or need to carry guns and I feel sorry for people who feel so threatened in their daily life that a gun seems like the answer. I can't imagine why you would choose to live in a place like this.

I should add that I grew up on a farm, my dad had a gun (used to put down animals if needed), I've shot guns before and I do appreciate that in some jobs they are an unfortunate neccessity.

I think the point of my post is that for some people guns are a regular and expected part of life, for others (like me) they are not common or respected. I wouldn't argue your right to shoot or to post a picture of you shooting, but you can't expect everyone to have the same thoughts as you about guns.

There isn't a place on this planet that people don't need to carry a gun. Whether their right has been stripped away by liberal nonthinking is a whole other story.

NM. There is a place you dont need a gun on this planet: six feet under. Sorry. My bad.
  • ennaejay
    Options
    Great thread!! How'd I miss it?

Ladies with guns. Very appropriate. Expedient, even. The women who have their heads out of the sand, thinking they'll never be a statistic, are just asking to be made one!! Do you know much less women would be the objects of attack if more of us were trained to use a handgun - and carried concealed?

Look at some of the cities where the gun laws are strictest - or firearms are banned. Highest crime rate. Please tell me why? Perpetrators of crime are going to have guns whether or not they're legal. The least we can do as civilians is be able to defend ourselves, our home, our families, in the event of an attack.

My mother and sister prefer to think they'll be OK if they don't travel at night or always park close to the store, or not be in specific locations alone. While it is prudent to be careful of your location, surroundings, etc ---- they are sitting ducks, and I've told them so in those words.

Read Paxton Quigley's book "Armed and Female" and also Massad Ayoob's "In the Gravest Extreme." One will tell you WHY you need to think about this, not ignore it; and the other will give you the lowdown on all the nitty-gritty legalities of when to pull and when NOT to pull. There's ethics to it.

I carry, and regularly go to my local range... and strongly suggest other ladies look into it. Firearms aren't bombs waiting to go off. They're a machine, and learning how to use them properly will take all the fear out of it. Too many women today need to GROW a pair. I won't stand behind my husband's revolver; if something happens to him, I can take care of myself!
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options

Yes there is at least one place, here where I live:smile: I certainly don't feel the need to carry a gun, I feel safe here. The thought of living somewhere where everyone around me carries the means to blow my head off if I annoy them freaks me out big time. (Mainly because I can be a really annoying b*tch at times)

I have no problem with people using shooting ranges or shooting game, I am a country girl born and bred :)

Of course we have our fair share of nutters with guns and that is a problem of course. How do you stop the wrong people getting weapons?
  • Wpbarr
    Wpbarr Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Remember ladies, women are much better shots than men so when you go to the range, please don't make us look too bad ... :)

You're only as good as your initial instructor though. We're better shots in the military generally because we did not pick up a bunch of bad habits from well meaning dads/uncles as a kid like most guys do.

Agreed. Granddad was a navy marksman, Dad was an air force marksman, I was an army marksman ...
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I shoot a .357, a .380 and a 9mm. My fave thus far is the Springfield XD Sub-Compact in the 9mm...I sell guns for a living - does that make me inappropriate?
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I own and shoot 7 guns. I use them for hunting and for practice (for hunting).

The thought of taking another human's life with a gun sickens me.
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Just bought me a new gun last night for concealed carry.
    I have a CHL and I think every woman should know how to handle
    And shoot a gun. Don't listen to narrow minded people who are
    Only scared of guns because they know nothing about them.
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    476f957a.jpg
    I had to take a picture of my picture lol.. This was 2 years ago out at the shooting range when I qualified for my CHL.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Darlin'...born an bred Georgia girl right here. Us 'ladies' in the south learn to shoot at an early age. I don't see anything wrong with a woman learning to use a gun or carrying for that matter. I want to be able to protect myself. If someone wants to steal from me...they'll have a 9mm bullet through their head pretty darn fast. Gah...people that think it's inapropriate are seriously misinformed on on Constitutional rights. If a woman wants to bare arms...she shall.
  • nowornever47
    nowornever47 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    So... I'm shooting a gun in this pic. One and only time I've gone shooting. It was fun.

But, I've gotten some interesting PMs with people that find it inappropriate or even appalling.

I'm intrigued... What are your thoughts?

I love it - good for you! I think it's empowering to see someone else be smart about the correct & safe way to shoot. I go target shooting often with my husband and feel it's a great way to be knowledgeable about them. I have a LTC in my State and feel women should not be afraid to give it a shot- ha ha little pun there!
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I own three guns and I shoot them ALL! What's inappropriate about your pic? I see nothing wrong with it. Looks pretty badda** to me! I hope you continue to shoot. It can be addicting but totally empowering as well. :smile:

Here's some of my most recent pics at the range.....

Shooting the revolver.

200707_10150132685571234_524036233_6732615_2246654_n.jpg

Shooting the 9mm

200786_10150132685146234_524036233_6732607_5989054_n.jpg

My newest gun. Walther PPK 9mm.

13944_196348456233_524036233_3155766_7327527_n.jpg
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Been shooting since I was a kid, owned guns the second I became old enough. member of the NRA. I am soon getting my concealed weapons permit.