Guns baby... More specifically ladies shooting guns.

Options

Replies

• BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    So... I'm shooting a gun in this pic. One and only time I've gone shooting. It was fun.

But, I've gotten some interesting PMs with people that find it inappropriate or even appalling.

I'm intrigued... What are your thoughts?

EVERYone needs to learn the rights and wrongs of gun safety. In this age of insanity, I strongly believe that we, the people, of the United States of America, need to carry for our own protection. Just last week in Carson City, NV, an apprent mental case went on a shooting spree killing 4 National Guardsmen in uniforn at a fastfood joint and injurying 8 others. had at least ONE person properly been carrying with a CCW, it could have been stopped.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Started shooting at age 13 or so... grew up around them and have no problem with them. More power to ya!!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Started shooting at age 13 or so... grew up around them and have no problem with them. More power to ya!!
  • BigDaddyBRC
    Options
    The day we went shooting I got some awesome pictures of the guys... check it out...

254979_10150220797847545_535347544_7192230_1654108_n.jpg

GREAT SHOT! Pun intended
  • BigDaddyBRC
    Options
    251148_10150220800912545_535347544_7192260_2072625_n.jpg

This range looks oddly familiar...where is it?
  • jessica_mom343
    jessica_mom343 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Proud gun owner here!!!! I love love love to shoot!! Hubby has his concealed weapon permit for his pistol. I want a pistol, but don't have one yet. We own about 15 rifles. My daughter got her 22 rifle at 8. Our kids go shooting with daddy & love it. Education is the key!!!!
  • swordsmith
    swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    So... I'm shooting a gun in this pic. One and only time I've gone shooting. It was fun.

But, I've gotten some interesting PMs with people that find it inappropriate or even appalling.

I'm intrigued... What are your thoughts?

EVERYone needs to learn the rights and wrongs of gun safety. In this age of insanity, I strongly believe that we, the people, of the United States of America, need to carry for our own protection. Just last week in Carson City, NV, an apprent mental case went on a shooting spree killing 4 National Guardsmen in uniforn at a fastfood joint and injurying 8 others. had at least ONE person properly been carrying with a CCW, it could have been stopped.

Just as an fyi one person was but did not engage the shooter. A CCWer across the street observed the shootings but decided not to be a hero as he would have had to cross open terrain to get within effective pistol range against an individual armed with a long gun (i.e. an AK-47). I will not fault him for that as I was not there and cannot disagree with his assessment that attempting to stop the shooter would have been suicide.

There is a reason I carry a beater AR-15 with 3 magazines in a lockbox in my SUV....
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Honey I went shooting for the first time at a range last month....I HAD A BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to go back. I was a true lesson...took a class first. I have much respect for military and officers.
    Guess what folk gone have an opinion on EVERYTHING.
  • mcdonl
    mcdonl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Just as an fyi one person was but did not engage the shooter. A CCWer across the street observed the shootings but decided not to be a hero as he would have had to cross open terrain to get within effective pistol range against an individual armed with a long gun (i.e. an AK-47). I will not fault him for that as I was not there and cannot disagree with his assessment that attempting to stop the shooter would have been suicide.

I am selfish... when I ccw it is so that I can get home safely to my family. Engaging in a gunfight is counter to that theory.

For those of you looking for fun new ways to get exercise try IDPA... it is a blast, and some of the stages have you doing a little cardio so you can experience shooting with an elevated heart rate.
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options

People who buy them for personal protection? Get real. Unless you're one of the very few who are well practiced, you'd be useless with a handgun in a real life threatening situation.

You know in my opinion, most people dont want to be shot... I personally dont want to ever shoot a person.. Which is why I have a philosophy on that, which is still untested. I have a shotgun which I keep out, unloaded in case the cats knock it over, which is the first line of defense... why? cause everyone knows the sound of a shotgun being racked. If that doesn't do the job... well i have a handgun, which, I can shoot within the main part of the body on a target with every bullet. (which are hollow points).. So while I may or may not be able to pull the trigger, how many people are really going to stick around to find out? Someone who is hopped up on something may not, but if they do not run... I will shoot... its as simple as that.

So just because you are not well practiced or think you can take care of the situation using whatever means does not mean no one else is. I've been shooting since i was about 5. First gun to shoot was a 22 revolver, which i still think is quite heavy. So don't judge people based off your feelings on them. I hope to never have to use mine for personal defense, but at the same time... I have had middle of the night people show up at my house... welcome and unwelcome.... And i am alone a lot so I will do whatever makes me feel safe....

and just for fun

"I carry a gun, because a cop is too heavy"
  • jiggs31
    jiggs31 Posts: 117
    Options
    I live in the UK and I have my firearms and shotgun licences. Had them for about 4 years.

Nothing better after a bad day at work than going down the range and shooting the sh1t outta something!!! A target obviously :)
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Ok ladies, time to start posting photos on your profile with your favorite firearm!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options

People who buy them for personal protection? Get real. Unless you're one of the very few who are well practiced, you'd be useless with a handgun in a real life threatening situation.

You know in my opinion, most people dont want to be shot... I personally dont want to ever shoot a person.. Which is why I have a philosophy on that, which is still untested. I have a shotgun which I keep out, unloaded in case the cats knock it over, which is the first line of defense... why? cause everyone knows the sound of a shotgun being racked. If that doesn't do the job... well i have a handgun, which, I can shoot within the main part of the body on a target with every bullet. (which are hollow points).. So while I may or may not be able to pull the trigger, how many people are really going to stick around to find out? Someone who is hopped up on something may not, but if they do not run... I will shoot... its as simple as that.

So just because you are not well practiced or think you can take care of the situation using whatever means does not mean no one else is. I've been shooting since i was about 5. First gun to shoot was a 22 revolver, which i still think is quite heavy. So don't judge people based off your feelings on them. I hope to never have to use mine for personal defense, but at the same time... I have had middle of the night people show up at my house... welcome and unwelcome.... And i am alone a lot so I will do whatever makes me feel safe....

and just for fun

I love that quote!
  • boomboom011
    Options

and just for fun

I love that quote!

Awesome quote!

To whoever said "get real". I never ever want to have to use my firearm on a human being. However, I will if necessary. No one knows at the time of attack what they will do. I personally like having options. You want my personal belongings? FINE take them But you are NOT taking me! Im not going to fight over a purse but I will fight for a life.

P.S. I :love: my springfield xd .40 subcompact! Great piece and fits nicely in my short stubby little hand, As a matter of fact I just might go spend some quality time with her. Practice practice practice.
    P.S.S. I think women that arent afraid to learn to operate a firearm is smart. What good is having one if you dont know how to use it. If you dont like guns remember its a tool. You should at least learn to operate one in my humble yet accurate opinion. Dont be scared. Education is empowering.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Also, she needs to know what to do when the zombie apocalypse goes down.

ABSOLUTELY! Don't want any zombies to eat her brain!

My 'x' and I used to go shooting a lot, way back in the day. There were open gravel pits outside of town, where you could shoot without any harrassment from 'the officials'. People would set up targets and such........I was a pretty good shot with a ruger, a 22 pistol, and an over & under. Even shot skeet a few times, and HIT the danged things!

The X has quite a gun collection......it's a little scary, though, cuz he's quite chemically dependent (and a gun incident was one of the reasons why I left him!)

Haven't been shooting in many years - would love to do it again.:glasses:
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Guns=great
    Chicks=great

The combination can only mean perfection.

I also love that someone brought up the zombie apocalypse
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I am saving for a hangun and am signed up to attend a concealed carry class Oct. 22. I also keep a shotgun under my bed. (Yes, I'm a single girl who lives alone.....in the country.) I go to the shooting range quit often, (or just in my back yard) and I love practicing my shooting. (when can afford all the ammo..haha). I grew up with boys in my family all being hunters, and plan to teach my son the importance of gun safety.

I think your picture is hot! As with everything in this world....to each their own. Everyone isn't expected to agree on everything! I've had a LOT of people question my wanting of guns (to which I have MANY reasons for) but people don't have to agree with me, or feel the same ways that I do.
  • Stefani74
    Stefani74 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I have guns and a concealed carrier permit...but where I am from just about everybody, boys and girls, are raised knowing how to shoot a gun.
  • Wpbarr
    Wpbarr Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Girls with guns are hot! Ok, I mean women but, that doesn't rhyme. In my opinion, EVERYBODY should know how to competently handle a firearm safely. You may not like it but, you should at least know how.

Remember ladies, women are much better shots than men so when you go to the range, please don't make us look too bad ... :)
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Remember ladies, women are much better shots than men so when you go to the range, please don't make us look too bad ... :)

You're only as good as your initial instructor though. We're better shots in the military generally because we did not pick up a bunch of bad habits from well meaning dads/uncles as a kid like most guys do. I hit the Primary Marksmanship Instructor lotto jackpot at Parris Island. He held the record for the LEAST "range drops" (where you fail and get dropped back to another platoon to attempt again but adds a week or more to your boot-camp stay) and highest average qualifying score. Awesome instructor, that one.