Challenge to fellow black teamers!

Options
12346»

Replies

• Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    fearlessliving you are still on our team. and I think we should all try the 200 sit up challenge that is out there! Sounds fun right? :bigsmile:

Fun? That sounds like something that would make me cry a little...I could probably do 2 and then collapse on the floor...but if that's the challenge...well then 200 is something to work toward lol

it will take longer then a week but we could all try while continuing with other challenges.
  • rklein71
    rklein71 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I have been doing okay with the fruits and vegetables. Definitely getting my servings every day and it feels and tastes great. This is a really good first challenge.
  • fearlessliving
    fearlessliving Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Are the 200 sit ups per day or week?
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Are the 200 sit ups per day or week?

it's challenge to be able to do them all at once but they give you 5 or 6 weekly exercises to work up to it.
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    I got my fruit and veggies in for today and they tasted wonderful!

Go Black Team!
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    Been doing good with my fruits and veggies:bigsmile:

What is the 200 situps i keep hearing about? Is that the next challenge? i guess instead of asking I could quit being lazy and go back and read:wink: LOL
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    There is another thread of folks doing the 200 situp challenge. Its a 6 week challenge similar to the 100 pushup challenge.

http://www.twohundredsitups.com/
  • punka274
    Options
    Thanks for the link...I just checked it out! It looks doable!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    My hubby started it on Saturday. Just the inital test was hard on him b/c (I think) he pushed himself a little too hard. I did the initial test as well, but didn't do them the right way, so I'm going to work on doing them "correctly" and then dive into the challenge. I'm doing the pushup challenge right now & am in the middle of it so I really would like to focus on that one first. My abs are so torn up from the kids that the situp one is more daunting to me! LOL I remember a time when I could do 120 easily. *sigh*
  • punka274
    Options
    My hubby started it on Saturday. Just the inital test was hard on him b/c (I think) he pushed himself a little too hard. I did the initial test as well, but didn't do them the right way, so I'm going to work on doing them "correctly" and then dive into the challenge. I'm doing the pushup challenge right now & am in the middle of it so I really would like to focus on that one first. My abs are so torn up from the kids that the situp one is more daunting to me! LOL I remember a time when I could do 120 easily. *sigh*

Good for you hubby starting.....im still trying to get my hubby to eat right. He likes to snack and he just can't seem to stay motivated to exercise....i figure he will in his own time. it took him about two years to finally make up his mind to quit smoking so this will be a mental challenge as well,he needs to lose a good 30lbs(like me:sick: )

I think i will join these challenges once i get back in the swing of things....i just started back counting my cals on jan. 1st.....i gotta do baby steps or i will most likely fall on my face,lol My abbs are also torn from having kids(although my youngest is three so im sure they have had time to heal a bit:laugh: )

Good luck:flowerforyou: see ya on the black thread!
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Just had lunch...had a big salad and some clementines with my Lean Cusine, so that's 2 servings so far today...
  • punka274
    Options
    Just had lunch...had a big salad and some clementines with my Lean Cusine, so that's 2 servings so far today...

love clementines...i need to go get some. Great job!

I too had a serving of fruit so far...had a banana with my ham sandwich. I will have a big salad with my supper tonight and an apple so that should take care of my servings today!

GO BLACK TEAM:drinker:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Prunes @ breakfast, clementine with lunch, more of that mexican fiesta thingy for lunch (w/ corn, tomatoes, peppers & onions) so I'm up to 3! I'd like to hit 5 a day with more veggies, though. Need to work on that.
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options
    Fruit and veggie warden checking in here folks...how are we all doing getting those fruits and veggies in?...and Batman how have YOU been doing? It takes eating your veggies to fight crime...so you better do it!

Great job on this challenge guys! I am so impressed with the participation in this little challenge...and I hope that on Wednesday when this challenge ends and a new one begins that we'll all still keep eating our fruits and veggies. I know I will!

:heart: Laura
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Fruit and veggies are going great for me, sipping on a strawberry kiwi smoothie right now! Yummmy! Now, Challenge me to eat some red meat and I might have a problem, lol!!! So tonight I did the initial test for the sit up challenge, and also for the push up challenge. I fared well in the situps (50 to start out, thank you Jillian's 30 day dread, I mean shred) BUTTT the push ups were pathetic. I've never been able to do push ups. ( I've never been very athletically good, always was puny in school and got made fun of alot for being so weak and tiny, so exercising is kind of traumatic for me...but I digress) I only did 10 good pushups, and I have to do the alternative knee push ups, because they hurt my tushy bone (good old fractured butt bone injury from days gone by). But, we will see. I think I might alternate days of push up and sit up challenge. I have the urge to learn to be stronge and powerful in my old age.
    Rock on with your veggies Black team!
    Lynnie
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Fruits and vegetables eaten for today and I feel good.
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Salsa, black beans, corn, onions, peppers, celery at lunch, apple for a snack, big bowl of broccoli for dinner. Yep. :happy:
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options
    Okay guys, yesterday the purple team did a "last chance workout"...so today is your LAST CHANGE FRUIT AND VEGGIE DAY! No matter how you've done in this challenge for the past week, I want you to KICK IT UP A NOTCH today and get those fruits and veggies in! Mince some mushrooms and mix them in with your ground turkey if you have to...If you're having a sandwich for lunch, put some lettuce and tomato on it, or have carrot sticks on the side. For a snack, choose an apple or another fruit instead of whatever you typically have. With dinner tonight, drink some fruit juice or a V-8...if you get in your fruits daily but have a hard time with veggies, I challenge you today to get in at least 3 servings of veggies...same goes for if you struggle with fruits...

Tomorrow is weigh in guys, so make your calories stretch today by getting in lots of healthful fruits and vegetables today. I think this challenge has been a HUGE success, but I want it to go out with a bang!

Also, whoever is doing the challenge for next week, go ahead and post it today if you want so that we can start the new challenge bright and early tomorrow!
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options
    Okay folks, most of you have probably eaten dinner by now or will be eating it shortly...are you getting all those fruits and veggies in today? I hope so! Who's doing our next challenge?
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    I think Marla gets the next challenge!

I did...oh, crap...nothing.....I didn't eat any of my planned meals today. I ate potatoes! going to grab a grapefruit right now. Geesh! I had great plans for today! LOL