Clean Eating Club ~ January 2009

Options

Replies

• cherapple
    cherapple Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    bumpin for when I'm more awake:yawn: :wink:

Hey, FC! Glad to see your "bump" here every once in a while! What's new?
  • cherapple
    Options
    Crazy weekend here and I haven't even had time to track. I've done well, and even made 2 coffee cakes, apple streusel bread, and muffins to take to church this morning. (none eaten for me though!)

I'll catch back up tomorrow!

Jess

How do make "crack" for other people and not let it bother you? LOL :laugh: I always have a hard time with it. Maybe I just need stronger boundaries, or something. :huh: :ohwell: :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    How do make "crack" for other people and not let it bother you? LOL :laugh: I always have a hard time with it. Maybe I just need stronger boundaries, or something. :huh: :ohwell: :bigsmile:

I know what *crack* does to me. I did make a Peanut Butter bread that I used whole wheat flour, oatmeal, Peanut butter, 2 eggs, etc but it also had a cup of sugar in it. I should NOT have eaten it, but I ended up eating a piece in the afternoon. Immediately I wanted more and had to fight off the cravings all night!!! :angry: I should have known better!! Back on track today though!!! :laugh:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I'm increasing my calories again! When I joined in September, I started out with MFP's suggestion of 1200 and I did not lose, so a few weeks ago I went up to 1320, and then to 1400. During all that, the scale hasn't budged in either direction (beyond a couple pounds), and I've felt like I've been getting flabbier, if not heavier (could be my imagination?). Now I'm following the formula in Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle, which suggests a weight loss level of 1559! Ironically, that's exactly what MFP suggested for *maintenance* level (1560). The BFFM formula gives a maintenance level of 1948! :noway:

The only thing the BFFM formula doesn't take into account is my lean body mass, which is the next thing I need to figure out how to measure, and then there's a formula that includes that, too. I assume my LBM is higher than most people's, since I've been lifting weights for over two years, so I'm going to trust that the first formula is accurate, and perhaps even low!

I'm also going to try zig-zagging, eating three days at weight loss level, followed by one at maintenance, to keep my metabolism from getting used to functioning at weight-loss levels. This is feeling fun again. :bigsmile: (Now if only STS would get here! :grumble: )

Good for you!! That's why I never go down to 1,200 cals. I just know that for me (I'm also 5'7") that calorie level is just too low. I have heard great things about BFFM. I have thought about downloading it before, but haven't taken the plunge. I think you will be surprised with increasing your cals that you will see the scale go down. I know, it seems crazy but it works. You eat well, you exercise, you need to fuel your body to burn the fat! Keep us posted with how the change is going for you.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Jess- the streusel, muffins...i don't know how u resist!
    Cher- glad ur in a better mood today!
    I'm going to be whiny today! I am a husband hater today! Long story but i feel like killing him! The good news is I have started working out again!!! I feel good after a workout! but am taking it slow! And thanks to u Cher, i am actually staying within my calorie limit! Let's hope that i can lose some weight now!

Hey girl! I LOVE your new profile pic! You look great! I know, I was glad that it was almost gone when I brought it home and I sent the coffeecake w/ my dh to work!!

Sorry about the hubby thing. They have their days. :mad: Good for you for working out again, keep it up!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Back to tracking on Monday!!! My brother is here so we are having a great time! (he's military and had Reserves nearby)

Pre-workout:
    Melaleuca Access Bar (wasn't going to eat, but we got a later start and I knew I couldn't run on empty- 110 cals)

Ran 5 miles on the TM (my brother did the elliptical since he ran his PT test y'day)

Late Breakfast:
    1/2 c. old fashioned oatmeal (150)
    1/4 c. Fiber One (30)
    1/4 c. blueberries (20)
    1/2 scoop choc. protein powder (50)
    1 T. NM PB (85)
    1 T. flax (30), 1 T. wheat germ (25)
    1/4 c. cottage cheese (40)
    Homemade yogurt (40) = 420
  • Sexythighz
    Sexythighz Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody!

What a wonderful week I had last week. I am so satisfied with my food choices and I already see results. Im following the P90 X program! I just started Phase 3 today!

Here are my eats for today:

1) Whey Designer Protein Shake w/ 1 bananna
    2) Pear & Mozerella Stick
    3) Smart Ones four Cheese Pizza w/ Mixed Veggies
    4) Salmon w/ 1/2 Sweet potatoe, Mixed Veggies
    5) 1 cup Kashi Go Lean Honey Almond Flaxseed w/Bananna 1/2 cub Fiber One

Morning Workout: 1) P 90 X -Chest & Back 2) Great Abs Guaranteed
    Evening Workout: 1) Results Fitness Boost Your Metabolism 2) 20 Minutes Air Climber

Steph
  • cherapple
    Options
    Evening Workout: 1) Results Fitness Boost Your Metabolism 2) 20 Minutes Air Climber

Steph

I bow before anyone who can find the time and motivation to get in BOTH a morning and an evening workout! :flowerforyou: Today I'm struggling to get one in at all -- I still have a sick kid for whom I'm caring. I hope to do some kick-butt step this evening. :laugh:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    And the rest of my day...

Lunch:
    1 c. Meijer NF yogurt (140)
    1 T. NM PB (85)
    1/2 c. Nature's Path Pumpkin Flax Granola (140)
    Fuji Apple (80) = 445

Snack:
    Thomas' Light Multi Grain English Muffin (100)
    1 T. NM PB (85)
    12 almonds (85) = 270

Dinner:
    Romaine (30)
    Spinach (20)
    Chicken breast (120)
    Red wine vinegar (5)
    1 T. Parmesan (25)
    Jello SF chocolate pudding cup (60) = 260

Snack:
    SF hot cocoa (144)

Total: 1660
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Hi Everybody!

What a wonderful week I had last week. I am so satisfied with my food choices and I already see results. Im following the P90 X program! I just started Phase 3 today!

Here are my eats for today:

1) Whey Designer Protein Shake w/ 1 bananna
    2) Pear & Mozerella Stick
    3) Smart Ones four Cheese Pizza w/ Mixed Veggies
    4) Salmon w/ 1/2 Sweet potatoe, Mixed Veggies
    5) 1 cup Kashi Go Lean Honey Almond Flaxseed w/Bananna 1/2 cub Fiber One

Steph

Woohoo for Phase 3! Wow, you go girl with the workouts! I love salmon and sweet potatoes, yum! Looks like you're doing great, girl!

Jess
  • cherapple
    Options
    I got my step workout in before dinner, yeah! :happy: Getting all my calories in for the day now that I've increased them is my challenge now. :laugh:

Jan. 13 Meals:

Oatmeal, 1 c cooked
    Apple, sliced
    Skim milk, 1/4 c
    Egg whites, 1/4 c
    Flax seed, 1 T
    Cals: 302

(Eating my daughter's leftover egg sandwich :laugh: )
    Whole grain English muffin, 80%
    Whole egg - 80%
    Turkey bacon, 1 1/2 slices
    Cheddar cheese, 30% of a slice
    Coffee, 1 c
    Half and half, 1 T
    Cals: 309

Yogurt, 1/2 c
    Cottage cheese, 1/4 c
    Banana
    14 Almonds
    Cals: 275

Flatbread
    Ham slices, 2 oz.
    Hommus, 1 T
    Spinach leaves
    Turkey bacon, 1.5 slices
    Coffee
    Half and half, 2 T
    Cals: 348

Sweet potato, 1/2
    Brocolli, 1/4 c
    Garden salad, 1 1/2 c
    Drew's dressing, 1 T
    Skim milk, 1 c
    Tuna, 5 oz. can
    Cals: 418

Totals:
    1646 cals
    112 g protein
    175 g carbs
    58 g fat

363 calories remaining (what to do???...) This is going to take some adjustment, especially on my cardio days. :happy:
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I was on Prevention's website (the magazine) and read about the Flat Belly Diet meal plan- http://www.prevention.com/cda/article/your-1-week-meal-plan/532561c68c73e110VgnVCM10000013281eac____/weight.loss/flat.belly.diet/flat.belly.diet.food

Gee, it basically just looks like eating clean to me!! :laugh:
  • jessmomof3
    Options

363 calories remaining (what to do???...) This is going to take some adjustment, especially on my cardio days. :happy:

So what did you do?? How are you feeling today?? Hope it is working for you! :wink:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I was on Prevention's website (the magazine) and read about the Flat Belly Diet meal plan- http://www.prevention.com/cda/article/your-1-week-meal-plan/532561c68c73e110VgnVCM10000013281eac____/weight.loss/flat.belly.diet/flat.belly.diet.food

Funny, huh?? I know when I started with the South Beach Diet, that was my first taste of what *clean* eating was. I didn't know what it was called then, but I know it worked for me! :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    It's Tuesday already??

Workout done- ChaLean Extreme Push Circuit #1.

Breakfast:
    1/2 c. old fashioned oatmeal (150)
    1/4 c. Fiber One (30)
    1/2 scoop choc. protein powder (60, different kind)
    1 T. NM PB (85- and I measured it an exactly level one tablespoon, I find that if I don't you can easily get too much!)
    1 T. Flax (30), 1 T. wheat germ (25)
    1/2 c. cottage cheese (80)
    Small banana (90) = 510
  • cherapple
    Options

So what did you do?? How are you feeling today?? Hope it is working for you! :wink:

I didn't eat my extra calories last night and chalked them up to the learning process! Today I'm adding more nuts and higher calories foods to my meals. I can't say how the extra calories are making me feel yet (because I havent' eat them! and) because my daughter has been sick for several days and has been coughing through the last few nights, so I haven't gotten enough sleep. I was dead tired on the elliptical this morning (I've been awake since 3:00), but I pushed through it! I'm being more conservative with calories burned now because I don't want to go too overboard! The machines said I burned 547 in 50 mins, but I went with MFP's suggestion of closer to 400.

So far I've eaten:

#1 pre-workout
    Skim milk, 1 c
    Egg whites, 3/4 c
    Unsweetened cocoa, 1 T
    Stevia
    Cals: 72

#2 post-workout
    Oatmeal, 1 c cooked
    Apple, 1 sliced
    Skim milk, 1/4 c
    Egg whites, 1/4 c
    Flax seed, 1 T
    Trail mix, 2 T
    Cals: 416

Coffee, 1 c
    Half and half, 2 T
    Maple syrup, 1/2 T
    Cals: 71
  • cherapple
    Options

Funny, huh?? I know when I started with the South Beach Diet, that was my first taste of what *clean* eating was. I didn't know what it was called then, but I know it worked for me! :bigsmile:

My first taste was the Weight Watchers Core plan (which still allows a lot of processed foods), and I've done some South Beach, too, although I just dabbled in some of the recipes, never did it seriously because I was vegetarian at the time. It's funny that they come up with new names for similar diets over and over, so they can sell more books! It causes a lot of confusion for people and doesn't make being healthy any easier.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I didn't eat my extra calories last night and chalked them up to the learning process! Today I'm adding more nuts and higher calories foods to my meals. I can't say how the extra calories are making me feel yet (because I havent' eat them! and) because my daughter has been sick for several days and has been coughing through the last few nights, so I haven't gotten enough sleep. I was dead tired on the elliptical this morning (I've been awake since 3:00), but I pushed through it! I'm being more conservative with calories burned now because I don't want to go too overboard! The machines said I burned 547 in 50 mins, but I went with MFP's suggestion of closer to 400.

Sorry about the sick dd!! That does make for a tired Mom! My 10yo dd has bad allergies and I took her to the Dr. the other day. She is doing better after some different allergy meds and back on the Flonase spray (she's just like my dh w/ the allergies!). Try to catch a nap today if you can!

Jess
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Lunch: (I'm in a food rut again, but can't help it!)
    1 c. Meijer NF plain yogurt (140)
    1 T. NM PB (85)
    1/2 c. Nature's Path Pumpkin Flax granola (140)
    Fuji Apple (80) = 445

Dinner:
    Not sure yet, need to go make a plan...

Going to see Bride Wars tonight, but not getting any popcorn or treats! :wink:
  • Sexythighz
    Sexythighz Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Great day! I got on the scale and lost 3lbs since lastweigh in on 1/5/09. I wsas like whoo hoo! Clean eating is truly the way to go!

Cheryl I hope your child is feeling better! My 4 yr old was sick last week with fever and sore throat! You scared me with the comment regarding the number of calories remaining . i just finished my PM routine. I calculated my eats and workouts and its reflecting that I still have like 1003 cals remaining to ingest! That is soooo not gonna happen tonight! I had 5 meals today! My tummy growling now but I can't eat now because its almost Bed time. Anyway will try to eat more food tomorrow. That wont be a problem...LOL:smile:

Jess How are you liking Chalean Extreme? I received mines yesterday! I will begin my rotation March 2! I can't wait. :smile:

My Meals today were as follows:

1) 4 egg whites, 1 yolk, 1 Morning start Veggie sausage, 1 Veggie cheese slice, 1 Whole Wheat Thin Bread
    2) 1 Mozerrella Stick, 1 pear
    3) WW Smart ones- rasberry turkey Medallion/Mixed Veggies
    4) 2 oz Salmon, 1/2 Sweet Potatoe
    5) Fiber One Honey almond cereal 1 cup, FF Milk, 1 Medium Bananna.

Workouts:
    AM- 1) P 90 X Plyometrics 2)10 mins Pilates for Abs
    PM 45 Mins Air Climber

Steph