What's your pant size goal?

Options

Replies

• albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    The sizing is so confusing nowadays...I would like to fit in a true size 2, not j.crew size 2 (they are simply misleading)
  • TakeOne
    TakeOne Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound crazy or just plain silly maybe..so sorry. I started changing my eating/fitness habits when I was spilling out of a size 12 and refusing to go any larger. I was happy with size 6, but my fav number has always been 4 (this is where it my sound dumb) so my ideal size is a 4 simply based on the number (yeah I know..crazy). Currently I'm maintaining and I wear anywhere from a size 0-2. Zero I would say is not my ideal/goal size for several reasons. I always thought you had to be under weight to wear that size (not true btw) and I really don't like that number (again..sounds silly). So despite that fact that I can no longer wear a size 4 without also wearing safety pins, my ideal pant size is still a size 4 :) Basically my goal weight and goal pant size don't match lol!
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound crazy or just plain silly maybe..so sorry. I started changing my eating/fitness habits when I was spilling out of a size 12 and refusing to go any larger. I was happy with size 6, but my fav number has always been 4 (this is where it my sound dumb) so my ideal size is a 4 simply based on the number (yeah I know..crazy). Currently I'm maintaining and I wear anywhere from a size 0-2. Zero I would say is not my ideal/goal size for several reasons. I always thought you had to be under weight to wear that size (not true btw) and I really don't like that number (again..sounds silly). So despite that fact that I can no longer wear a size 4 without also wearing safety pins, my ideal pant size is still a size 4 :) Basically my goal weight and goal pant size don't match lol!
    LOL, you may have all my size 4 pants, as long as I could fit in yours 0 and 2s.
  • katrinar7
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and am currently a size 12, i want to be a size 8 :)
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I don't have a set goal weight either. To me, inches lost and overall health is what matters. I'm slightly under 5'9" with a curvy large frame. I started at a size 20, and am currently wearing a size 14/16. My goal is a comfortable size 12 (haven't worn this size since I was 14!!).

The only problem I foresee in aiming for a 'goal size' is that sizes vary so much in clothing, even from the same line (ie. I have a pair of pants in a size 16 which fit comfortably, and yet I have another pair in size 14 which fit exactly the same way as the 16's). So I have goal measurements to avoid that problem. :-)
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I think I need weight counseling rather than to reassess my goal weight based on how I feel. The fat girl brain has kicked in (so, a slightly flabby [yoga-practicing, c25K graduate] 41 year old size 6 is starting to seem "big")..... I like the clothes I bought last year, so I'm not sure I want to be smaller, just less jiggly. More dense?

I'd like to be content, so I guess that's my newest goal: contentment, regardless of weight/size/number/etc.
  • val071418
    val071418 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    My goal is about a 10. I'm 6ft, so I think I'll look nice at that size.

I am also 6' and actually wasn't sure what size would be right on me!! LOL When I saw this question I was hoping someone tall would have an idea!! I can't remember back to those skinny days of what my pant size was!! Thanks!!
  • randomartisrgirl
    Options
    My goal is a size four/six, because I have a small frame. I started out as a 12 and I'm an 8 now, I don't have too much farther to go. :)
  • GinaKurtz
    GinaKurtz Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 3.5" small-framed. I started MFP in 12/14's. I'm currently a solid 6. I want to be a 2. I was a 0 at my smallest/fittest....that was back in my athletic days. I'll get there. :happy:
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    My goal is about a 10. I'm 6ft, so I think I'll look nice at that size.

I am also 6' and actually wasn't sure what size would be right on me!! LOL When I saw this question I was hoping someone tall would have an idea!! I can't remember back to those skinny days of what my pant size was!! Thanks!!

I'm confused about this one. I'm 5'10" and wear between a 4 and a 6. What does your height have to do with your jean size except that you just need a tall or extra tall in the length? I'm not trying to be a stinker, just wondering why taller women automatically assume they need to wear bigger sizes - I know we'll weigh more than a shorter gal, but does being tall typically mean bigger framed?
  • GinaKurtz
    GinaKurtz Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Whatever size it takes where my thighs don't touch each other while standing.:smile:
    AMEN!!!!!
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2' and fitting into some 6's now. I'd still say I'm a solid 8. I would have said 6 was perfect but looking at my body I've still got a huge mommy belly to lose. I think when I get to goal I might fit in 4's.
  • splackk
    splackk Posts: 163
    Options
    I'm a 5'1'' shorty and looking to get down to a 2/4. I started busting out of my vanity sized 8s and am holding steady at about a size 6 right now. I've got a smallish frame but ahem... curvy legs (and hips, and butt) so I don't think it's physically possible to get any lower than that, I'll be happy with a comfortable 4 :)
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I'm confused about this one. I'm 5'10" and wear between a 4 and a 6. What does your height have to do with your jean size except that you just need a tall or extra tall in the length? I'm not trying to be a stinker, just wondering why taller women automatically assume they need to wear bigger sizes - I know we'll weigh more than a shorter gal, but does being tall typically mean bigger framed?
    Bone structures vary in size and density from person to person, regardless of height. So at 5'10" with a small frame, you could be a very healthy size 4/6, whereas at 5'9" I would look absolutely emaciated in a size 4/6 , because I have a completely different frame. I am large framed and a size 12 is the lowest I will go.

One easy way to determine your body frame size is to wrap your thumb and middle finger around the smallest part of your wrist. If your fingers overlap = small frame. If your fingers just touch = medium frame. If your fingers do not touch= large frame. This isn't an exact science...merely an estimate. :-)
  • Iwillshyne
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and currently a size 18/20. My goal is be a solid 10. Why ,becuz I'm curvy (and love it ) and That size would put me in a "safe" zone as far as my health goes.
  • emj1978
    Options
    I'm 5'6" average frame and currently in a size 14 and it's tight. I'd love to get into a size 6 but my goal for now is just to get out of the double digits and into a size 8.
  • moreaudrey
    moreaudrey Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and my goal for pants is size 6. I'm a "pear" so that means I'll be a 4 on top / for dresses. But I could get back into a 6 dress / 8 pants comfortably, I'd settle for that in a sec, especially if I was toned.
  • kaylynn54
    Options
    I would actually one day like to be able to wear a size 12 because I can't ever remember wearing a 12. I know that I did at one point in my life, but it has been over 40 years ago.
  • jbeauchamp1
    jbeauchamp1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I would love to get to a size 8 or 10 but honestly would be happy to get to a size 12 right now. Never been that small in my adult life so I am looking forward to that feeling.
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Bone structures vary in size and density from person to person, regardless of height. So at 5'10" with a small frame, you could be a very healthy size 4/6, whereas at 5'9" I would look absolutely emaciated in a size 4/6 , because I have a completely different frame. I am large framed and a size 12 is the lowest I will go.

One easy way to determine your body frame size is to wrap your thumb and middle finger around the smallest part of your wrist. If your fingers overlap = small frame. If your fingers just touch = medium frame. If your fingers do not touch= large frame. This isn't an exact science...merely an estimate. :-)

Okay - this makes sense. Thanks. I can actually overlap my wrist up to my knuckle! But, my fingers are REALLY long - I guess it's all relative? :happy: