What's your pant size goal?

Options

Replies

• dawnthomas5
    Options
    I am 5'1" and have a small frame. I am in the teens now but the smallest size I have ever been is a 2. I would love to be a 4-6 again.
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    My goal is about a 10. I'm 6ft, so I think I'll look nice at that size.

I am also 6' and actually wasn't sure what size would be right on me!! LOL When I saw this question I was hoping someone tall would have an idea!! I can't remember back to those skinny days of what my pant size was!! Thanks!!

I'm confused about this one. I'm 5'10" and wear between a 4 and a 6. What does your height have to do with your jean size except that you just need a tall or extra tall in the length? I'm not trying to be a stinker, just wondering why taller women automatically assume they need to wear bigger sizes - I know we'll weigh more than a shorter gal, but does being tall typically mean bigger framed?

lol i agree. i'm 5'8.5", and I can wear a 2 or 1 lol
  • iheartyarn
    iheartyarn Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    i always thought i had a large frame, turns out mine is medium! my goal was a 10, and that will be a huge achievement, but i would like to be a 6. i am a 16 now.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I don't have a set goal weight either. To me, inches lost and overall health is what matters. I'm slightly under 5'9" with a curvy large frame. I started at a size 20, and am currently wearing a size 14/16. My goal is a comfortable size 12 (haven't worn this size since I was 14!!).

The only problem I foresee in aiming for a 'goal size' is that sizes vary so much in clothing, even from the same line (ie. I have a pair of pants in a size 16 which fit comfortably, and yet I have another pair in size 14 which fit exactly the same way as the 16's). So I have goal measurements to avoid that problem. :-)

Ah good point - I should have said "size 6 in designer jeans" -- which would be a 4 in a lot of other jeans.
  • leopardlushh
    Options
    Currently almost at my biggest weight and a size 11/12...bought first 12 in my life two weeks ago:sad:
    I'd be happy to be a 7/8 again but if I can maintain my thickness (I love my athletic muscles) then 5/6!
  • crikee15
    crikee15 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'2.5" and my goal is a 6....which I haven't been since early high school. If I could get down to a 4 that'd be great, but I don't know if that's possible for my body type (although my sister is a 3/4 and my mom finally hit 5/6 after three pregnancies). Oh, I'm currently a 12/14 on the bottom and much bigger (apple-shape) on the top.
  • Peque1130deleted
    Options
    Whatever size it takes where my thighs don't touch each other while standing.:smile:

Me too!! I can't wait to be able to wear skirts/dresses without having to wear something underneath so my thighs don't feel like they are starting a fire!!
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I would ultimately like to be a UK size 12, or maybe a comfy 14. I've been a 14 before and was pretty happy with my figure. I don't think much smaller would suit me, but a 12 would really be great...

Could someone please clarify the difference between US and UK sizes? I've looked it up but there's loads of conflicting information. Is a UK 12 equivalent to a US 10 or US 8? Also, I've seen people talking about a size 12 vs a 12W - what is the difference? And what is all this about juniors sizes? It sounds like people ared talking about children's clothes but that can't be right! So confusing.
  • lisakatelaunspach
    Options
    I'm from south africa so I think we are the same as uk sizes. I want to be a 6 I'm a 10 or an 8 now. I'm 5'4
  • lisakatelaunspach
    Options
    I would ultimately like to be a UK size 12, or maybe a comfy 14. I've been a 14 before and was pretty happy with my figure. I don't think much smaller would suit me, but a 12 would really be great...

Could someone please clarify the difference between US and UK sizes? I've looked it up but there's loads of conflicting information. Is a UK 12 equivalent to a US 10 or US 8? Also, I've seen people talking about a size 12 vs a 12W - what is the difference? And what is all this about juniors sizes? It sounds like people ared talking about children's clothes but that can't be right! So confusing.
  • bridetobe310711
    Options
    i want to be back to an 8-10... pref to be 8!! lol xx
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I'm currently in size 10 (UK) but they are big on me now so I need to invest in some size 8's... I am pretty much at goal weight and don't want to be any smaller than that!
  • lisakatelaunspach
    Options
    I'm confussed with this juniors 2 !!! Lol I might be wrong but I think us size is 2 sizes smaller than uk so if yuor a us size 8 your really a 12 in most other places
  • uhoh_billy
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and when I started here I was barely fitting into a 14, but refused to go to a 16 (It's taken me this long just to admit that! haha) and yesterday I went out and bought a size 10! Albiet they are from Old Navy, which fits large, but makes me feel awesome about it haha. Ideally I'd looove to be a 6, since I don't have super wide hips or much of a booty for my body, but I do have some pretty thunderish thighs. If I could fit them into a 6, I'd be beyond happy!
  • arispawild
    Options
    I'm 5'4 3/4 and a size 2-4. I'd like to make that just a 2. :)
    Oh I weigh anywhere from 120-125
  • SouLThinking
    SouLThinking Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I want to be a very comfortable size 8

I am just now into size 10's so I really think 15 lbs and I'm done which would also let me hit the 101 lbs lost. FOR GOOD!
  • Irene8509
    Irene8509 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    That's a hard one to answer. Why? here's my thoughts on it. When I was in my 20's and 30's I weighed in btwn 125 and 130lbs. I was a solid size 8. I am in my 40's and weigh in at 145lbs and I can range from a 6 to an 8 when trying on pants. I have never been a size 6. So if I lose another seven to ten pounds will I be a four. Doesn't seem right. Have they supersized American pants? That's my question. Any thoughts?
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    That's a hard one to answer. Why? here's my thoughts on it. When I was in my 20's and 30's I weighed in btwn 125 and 130lbs. I was a solid size 8. I am in my 40's and weigh in at 145lbs and I can range from a 6 to an 8 when trying on pants. I have never been a size 6. So if I lose another seven to ten pounds will I be a four. Doesn't seem right. Have they supersized American pants? That's my question. Any thoughts?

That's vanity sizing for you! They change the numbers around so that sizes are bigger than they used to be, so someone can buy what seems like a smaller size without knowing inches were added to it. It's just a trick to sell more pants by trying to boost your ego.

I'm 5'4" and would like to have my size 4 jeans fit loosely, which I imagine would be around 108 - 115 lbs. I lost 100 lbs 4 years ago and got down to 120, but have recently gained 20 lbs back due depression and inactivity. I really want to get back to where I was and lose a little extra for comfort.
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I'm confussed with this juniors 2 !!! Lol I might be wrong but I think us size is 2 sizes smaller than uk so if yuor a us size 8 your really a 12 in most other places
    UK sizes are probably more accurate. Companies have made sizes seem smaller to make us feel better. A US size 6 now is bigger than it used to be. They call it vanity sizing.
  • firegirley
    firegirley Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm 5'6" and 200 lbs. I've been as low as 125 and it was waaaayyyyyy too skinny (size 0) and everything in between. I'm happy around 140 or a size 6 or 8. I need to get out of my fat suit and into skinny jeans!
    Trish