Ladies Who have had Children! Tummy Pouch Before and Afters,

Options

Replies

• Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I have loose belly skin but I never had a baby and doing planks makes it look really gross ..think I need to save up for a tummy tuck!
  • redshoeshelley
    redshoeshelley Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    These photos are incredibly motivating ... congrats to ALL of you who have posted pics. Your hard work and determination has definitely paid off !
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Most recent belly photo's on the right, the other's were taking in November of 2011, and was 2 months into my journey since I started back up in September. (2 c-sections)

novembernow.jpg

Clothed, most recent side shot, bottom is recent, the top is from september a day before I started

septnow.jpg
  • LaLaB0
    LaLaB0 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting about TheShapeOfAMother.com - this is a great site and sure gives a good perspective on reality! Thank you!
  • emilynicole02
    emilynicole02 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Here I am at 39 weeks with baby #2. I was 120 pounds when I got pregnant and was about 178 here (gave birth a couple of days later). The second picture is of me now (he's 8 but I lost all of my weight by the time he was 18 months). However my stomach looks much better now than ever due to the weight training. I do mostly heavy weights and little cardio. I just watch my diet and workout 4-5 times a week for about 45 minutes. I weigh 110 now.

39wks.jpg

belly.jpg

You're my idol.

i second this! :)
  • momto1g1b
    momto1g1b Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Jadbaa
    Jadbaa Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    This was my tummy around christmas
    0120121-Copy.jpg

This is my tummy now (not much of an improvement and my skin looks kinda sickly lol)
    Tummysie-1.jpg
    Tummyfront-1.jpg
  • twohbie
    twohbie Posts: 1
    Options
    If your pooch is truly from overstretched skin, you'll need a tummy tuck. :( BUT many pooches are from lower abdominal muscles that have been "trained" to flex out rather than flat, for lack of a more technical explaination. To tell if yours is popping out rather than laying flat, lean back and watch what your tummy does. If you get a ridge in the middle, your abs are still split and weak from pregnancy.

To strengthen lower abdominals, CRUNCHES ARE WORTHLESS. Crunches primarily work you upper abs. To strengthed lower abs, do pelvic tilts, leg slides or lifts (lay on your back and lift your legs up to make a 90 degree angle), or the ever fun plank. FORM IS IMPORTANT. When doing these ab movements (and really all ab exercises), you must focus on pulling you abdominals in towards your spine. Typically, if the small of your back arches off the floor, you're not pulling in.

Additionally, you can help your abs when you are not conditioning by maintaining good posture. Pull you butt under your hips and draw your chest forward slightly until your back is straight. You should feel your abs (all of them) tighten slightly. That is proper posture to train those abs back to laying flat.
  • Time2getFit4Life
    Time2getFit4Life Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    2047809_7858.jpg

Not all the way there yet, but close.

Can we say AMAZING:drinker: :noway: :flowerforyou: awesome results!!!
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    2047809_7858.jpg

Not all the way there yet, but close.

And the skies opened and the angels sang "Hallelujah! There is hope!" :D You look great girl!
  • LaurnWhit
    LaurnWhit Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • hlp7164
    hlp7164 Posts: 16
    Options
    I feel your pain, I have an 8 month and I had her by C-Section, which I was not mentally prepared, and my stomach looks...well, no comment.. i brought a treadmill after I had here since I cant hit the gym during the week like i use too! I just need some motivation to work out at home!
  • FammaMel
    FammaMel Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LadyRush
    LadyRush Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Whoa looka those pics! Great job, you have given me hope for my belly
  • mamaofcinco
    Options
    Great pics ladies! I have had 5 kids, and the last 3 are c-sections......so you can only imagine my mom pouch!!! :blushing:
  • bkandisjj29
    bkandisjj29 Posts: 172
    Options
    Bump. Great job ladies! Very inspiring!
  • OnMyWay4
    OnMyWay4 Posts: 264
    Options
    38wks preggo with my 3rd; 30lbs gained on a TALL frame 6.5lb baby:
    38w1d.jpg

9wks after having my 3rd:
    9wksPP.jpg

And I'll post it again, but for those of you questioning if you need surgery to fix your pooch and your pooch is comprised of loose skin, then the answer is YES. Look, I was 18.95% body fat in my "before" pics and my pooch was just skin! My abdominal calipered skinfold measurement went from about 20mm pre-op to 17mm post-op; that is not a lot of fat folks. Most plastic surgeon consults are free. With decent credit $13k financed boils down to $280/mo (and that included the new rack). I no longer worry about if my tops are loose enough around my mid-section, or if they're long enough so no skin shows if I put my arms over my head, if my jeans or bikini rise is high enough to tuck my "flap"/"dog jowls" into, muffin-top, etc. I can wear whatever the heck I want. Seriously, my only limitation now is the one's I place on myself for looking age-appropriate. But hey, if I want to rock a 5" long plaid school-girl skirt, a tied-off midriff-baring top, white thigh-highs, Mary-janes, pigtails and a ridiculously large lollipop for my husband I can. Heck, I'll even let him take pictures. Worth...every...penny. Didn't realize how much time I WASTED on being self-conscious until I didn't have to anymore. To anyone who says a tummy-tuck is a lazy cheap way out, you pop out 3 kids, fully recover your pre-pregnancy weight each time in 6-9 weeks, get your bodyfat under 19% and THEN MAYBE you can judge me.
    Moderator comment: Remove the Dr reference from your pictures if you wish to repost them or it is, in effect, an advertisement for them

I completely agree with you! I have busted my *kitten* to get where I am. My confidence was super high until the fat disappeared and I'm left with this droopy mess! I had 3 c-sections and a tummy tuck is going to be my last step in my perfect body. I have worked hard to get a tight tush, sexy legs, and amazing arms...but the loose skin kills EVERYTHING! It's so hard not to freaking throw in the towel now.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Most recent belly photo's on the right, the other's were taking in November of 2011, and was 2 months into my journey since I started back up in September. (2 c-sections)

k326mp.jpg

Clothed, most recent side shot, bottom is recent, the top is from september a day before I started

1zocmd1.jpg

Stupid photobucket keeps making my photo's disappear... Oh well fixed now... Also I have about 20-25 more pounds to go.

And here is one of my pregnant with my last baby...

351dgdx.jpg
  • Tennybird
    Tennybird Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    This thread gives me hope!! Maybe someday I will have my flat tummy back!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!