Scale Smashers Support (closed thread)

Options

Replies

• Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    My husband just sent me a picture from Arizona where he is selling x-mas trees and there was snow on them! I thought it was the fake stuff but he sent a picture of the sky to prove it! Crazy!

So Jessica... our teams are playing each other huh!? Oregon will win, we kick butt:wink::bigsmile:
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Wow where in AZ ishe to get snow?

And yes tbis should be a fun game huh!! Last nights was quite rediculous at times, quite a few MI plays that were great but just not great enough. And late games are hard to watch, I hadnt slept the past 2 nights plus when it started getting good everyone else was sleeping so I had to be quiet, not easy for me!!
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    He is in Mesa... I'm not familiar with Arizona but I guess that is slightly higher ground.

My team always kicks butt. Last season we were undefeted and made it to the championship game where we lost and this season we have only lost two games one of which I have to say was a HUGE upset. This will be fun though knowing someone who is rooting for the other team:wink: Good luck lady but I think we have this one in the bag:tongue:
  • mamaturner
    Options
    Well it looks like bot of our teams deserve to be at the Rose Bowl- we only lost 2 games as well!!

I'm more for my Pack as it is. And tgis ear we're still undefeated!! Despite my being sick we ended up goingto BW3's for the 2nd half and I'm SO glad we did but man my throat hurts lol. I behaved- water to drink and only ate half of my salad and a few onion rings :-) Excited that next weeks game we can watch at home, we can do a proper Packer game- the toughest decision will be chili or grill out? LOL!

Hubs had an interview this morning- its for maintenance on plastic injection machines- he didnt do that before but has 10 years exp doing operating and set up. So it's possible!!

I'm pretty confident in losing finally for weigh in. Sickness can be a blessing in disguise sometimes eh. :blushing:

Also to be interesting- my parents want to come down for the holidays- I'll let them decide but with granpa in his situation (cancer and his aortic anurism about to burst) hes not looking to hot, also FIL is in shoulder surgery as we speak and my crazy parents wanting to bring their 4, yes, 4 dogs down (I dont freakin thimk so!) I duno if it'll happen! Lol

Excited to go to the Houston Ballet this Saturday for the Nutcracker!!!
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Well ladies... How is everyone doing? I'm starting to get a little nervous about my disadvantage. My weight had been really wierd this week. Hopefully tomorrow will look good again:ohwell:

4 dogs is insaine! When we have gatherings at my dads house their is always a buttload of dogs cause everyone brings them and it's quite the variety anywhere from Boxers and Pitbulls to Doxens and Chiuauas!
  • losemybabyweight
    losemybabyweight Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Well, sorry so inactive lately has been pretty busy.

I was hoping for a birthday present on the scale this morning, but no such thing - up .5 again at 140 which puts me in 140s again for a disadvantage. Will be checking throughout the day.

Jessica - you inspire me the way you're always so positive with all the craziness that goes on in your life! How did interview go for your husband?? Did your FIL surgery go well?

Hope everyone is doing well!

Congrats on loss Chris - and LOVe THE NEW Profile pic!
  • bauer0813
    Options
    Thanks guys for all the support! You ALL are so awesome! I think this week puts me over with the disadvantage I got last week but that's my own fault. For some reason I am not seeing anyone's picture on what the weigh-in are - off to ask my hubby what is wrong with my wonderful computer.

Well off to bed, to tired to think strait :)
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Well friends, I think we need to step it up a little. I know there is tons going on for everyone right now but we can't let the holidays take away everything we've been working so hard for. I love Kim's idea of giving disadvantages for people who gain over 0.4. I don't wish it on anyone but it is super good incentive to stay on track.

So sad to see ya go Jessica, just know we are all still here for ya:flowerforyou: :heart:
  • mamaturner
    Options
    :-) thanks Kasi- it's been nothing short of intense over here. On top of all the stuff here, back home my very good friend has been having a battle with ULceratuve Cholitus- she just turned 26(in the hospital) had her colon removed 2 years ago and about 6 surgeries after that and has 2 lil ones at home with a POS bf/father. Its been very hard not being able to help her.. since normally if we were back home I was 10 min from her... (I'm having big issues with the fact that we're going to be watching granpa die- mainly for my daughters saje- shes not even 3)

With all this I deffinetly dont have time to excercise let alone sleep- and eating has been binge like of not the greatest at late hours *sigh*

That being said I'm very excited for a much needed date night tomorrow - dinner followed by the Houston's Nutcracker :heart:

I wish everyone much luck! I'll still try and weigh in with the 2nd Chancers!
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    I'm so sorry about everything you are going through. As for your daughter watching your grandpa pass... make sure the last time she see's him he is in a coharent state and some what socialable. She might be young enough that she won't remember but if she does, you want her last memory to be positive. My last memory of my grandma was her looking straight through me like she had no idea who I was or why I was there. It was very sad and that's not the way she would want to be remembers nor would your grandpa I would imagine:smile: Good luck lady and try to stay positive.
  • losemybabyweight
    Options
    Jessica I am so sorry as well that you have to go through all of that right now. So many changes in your life in such a short period of time.
    Please keep on coming back to us and sharing/venting when you need to! I will try and be more visible in the future. ... Busy around here but nothing like your life right now. You and yours are in my thoughts!

Kasi - I agree - we need to get our butts in gear.

I have finally started trying again - and it shows today! Woohoo for tracking! Too bad I have such a ginormous disadvantage this week :(
  • mamaturner
    Options
    Thanks Anne. Its just hard because everything seems to just be getting harder instead of easier. As well as my MIL and I get along i cant talk to her about anything- and I dont really have anyonre back home to confide in. Im afraid of a breakdown and know I've been emotionally eating. That being said I havent gained horribly while here in this craziness- I've stayed between 161 and 164's. Could be worse....
  • losemybabyweight
    Options
    Please keep on venting to us - Thats what we're here for, to support. Any way after the holidays you'll be able to get some time away from the chaos?
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    I second Anne's comment! We are here for ya Jessica... Just wish there was more we could do.

I joined a Superhero Challenge and they give us certain goals we have to reach within the week to gain our "super powers" so this week I had to run/walk 6 miles! My normal route is about 1.5miles so I figured I just have to get out there 4 times this week. Yesterday rolled around and I still hadn't done anything (been super busy) and I knew Saturday and Sunday were out (cause I'm busy) soooo... I ran/walk 3 miles yesterday and 3 miles today! I am so frickin' proud of myself! And yesterday it was 20 minute walk 20 minute run... today I ran an extra 5 mintues!

Sorry I've been slacking though guys, I'm trying to regroup... I'll get there!
  • losemybabyweight
    Options
    Kasi that is awesome! You really pushed yourself to get that done - It must feel great :) YOU SHOULD BE VERY PROUD Superwoman :)

T-9 days to Christmas and I'm just starting my shopping today :o

Have a great Saturday!
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Wow Anne, pushing the limits a little huh?! I'm down to two gifts and stockings and that is enough to stress me out. I'm so glad I got my shopping started in November this year. Good Luck:wink:

I was doing super good this week and then I ate like crap yesterday at my dads Chrismas party. I've been chugging water today and I think I will do my 3 miles again tommorrow and maybe Wednesday before I weigh in.

How is everyone else doing?
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    How's it going friends? I feel like poop! I drank so much on Friday and Saturday that I still feel kinda hung over today:cry: We had a pretty good Christmas though. All the kids were happy and thats all that really matters right:wink: Now it's time to get back in the game:bigsmile:
  • losemybabyweight
    Options
    Sorry I haven't checked in in a while!
    Kasi are you recovered yet? I had a hangover on Christmas Eve Morning as well....ugghh

So, any ideas on who you'd like to pluck? Both Heather and Erin have done really well...
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Yeah, I'm feeling much better! I am so happy I was able to pull off some sort of loss and very impressed with your loss Anne:flowerforyou:

Okay so here is my thoughts on the pluckage.... I think this contest will come down to Anne, Chris, and Erin. Everyone knows I love Erin (she is so inspirational to me) but at this point in the game if we want to win we kinda need to eliminate her and our best chance would be to have her stand alone on her own team. I feel like a trader saying that :indifferent: but she won last time and I don't think she is gonna let down this time either.

Erin, if you are reading this PLEASE don't think I'm being a B****. It's just strategy at this point. I would be totally happy to have you back on our team also cause you rock!

Ultimately it's Anne's decision and I'm cool with whatever:heart:
  • losemybabyweight
    Options
    I'm all about strategy!

Thanks Kasi.