P90X

Options

Replies

• Nlongenecker
    Options
    Hey P90X-ers, I have a question. I have been doing Power90 for about 12 days now. I like it and get through pretty well. I am still having trouble doing non-girl push ups and straight leg dips. But other than that, I don't have too much trouble with it. I've shied away from P90X cuz I thought I wasn't in good enough shape to do it. But last night I was reading some posts on here and checking out some people's profiles. I noticed that a lot of people have similar stats as me or even have more to lose than I do. Until I read those, I thought there was no way I could do P90X. I was a little intimidated. How much more advanced is it than Power90, do you think I can handle it? Right now, I either bike or walk in the morning and do Power90 in the evening. I am about 40 lbs overweight. I have been working out regularly, but I wouldn't call myself athletic.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Hey P90X-ers, I have a question. I have been doing Power90 for about 12 days now. I like it and get through pretty well. I am still having trouble doing non-girl push ups and straight leg dips. But other than that, I don't have too much trouble with it. I've shied away from P90X cuz I thought I wasn't in good enough shape to do it. But last night I was reading some posts on here and checking out some people's profiles. I noticed that a lot of people have similar stats as me or even have more to lose than I do. Until I read those, I thought there was no way I could do P90X. I was a little intimidated. How much more advanced is it than Power90, do you think I can handle it? Right now, I either bike or walk in the morning and do Power90 in the evening. I am about 40 lbs overweight. I have been working out regularly, but I wouldn't call myself athletic.

Hey Nicole! P90X is awesome! P90X is more advanced than P90, but definitely do-able. You can modify also, just like in P90. Even if you can't do the straight leg pushups, you will still still see results. I couldn't do pullups when I started, but by the end of my first round (I've done 5) I could do them! Only a couple, but I could do them! It does get easier and it's amazing how much strength you build up. Most of the workouts are about an hour long (except yoga, it's 90 min). My hubby was NOT really an exerciser before he started and he has lost 19# and looks amazing if I do say so myself. :bigsmile: Now one of my best friends started last week and she was just finishing up P90.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Jess
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Hey guys, I haven't posted in a while, but I've been very loyal to the program, diet not so much. Lots of chicken, fish, veggies, but not by the book.....

I'm on day 37 of the classic, and down 8 lbs., 3 inches in the waist and nearly 5% BODYFAT!!!!

I love the program sooo much, guess who's the newest coach! Best of luck to you all. Anyone just starting to thinking about starting and still having doubts, let them go, it is the real deal!

Good for you!! That is awesome! That's why I became a coach too, it's so great to feel awesome and want to help others too!

Jess
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Hi all! Just caught up on reading the post again. Glad that everyone's sticking with it!! :drinker:

Just wanted to drop a word of encouragement: I was getting so dissapointed because I wasn't seeing any weight loss, or noticable change. I'm not almost 1/2 way through, and started noticing a little change in the way I looked. So, this morning I stepped on the scale for the first time in probably a month and a half. I started at 205, and am now down to 191.5! I'm pumped to see the final results of this program!! Stick with your diet everyone!! Keep pushing play! These 2 components alone, will give you results to keep yourself motivated!

And, no. I can't keep up with ANY of them in the DVD's! Much less "Jess" here in this thread! :happy: Just keep "doing your best, and FORGET the rest!"...Have a great day everyone!

Hahaha, thanks for the comment! :flowerforyou: Just remember that I've been *bringing it* for a longer time! :wink: Just keep at it! Great job on the weight loss!! :bigsmile:
  • danielle1009
    danielle1009 Posts: 35 Member
    Options

I couldn't do pullups when I started, but by the end of my first round (I've done 5) I could do them!

Jess,

Let me get this straight---you've been through the p90x series 5 times...meaning 90 days x 5?

Just wanted to make sure that I understood that!?
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Miss Jess is an ANIMAL!!!!!!:bigsmile: You make me feel like a real weenie if I even think about skipping a workout!!!:bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options

I couldn't do pullups when I started, but by the end of my first round (I've done 5) I could do them!

Jess,

Let me get this straight---you've been through the p90x series 5 times...meaning 90 days x 5?

Just wanted to make sure that I understood that!?

Yep, I've done P90X 5 times! Well, I have done 2 *full* rounds of P90X and done some hybrid other rounds (added in P90X+, did some Turbo Jam, was training for triathlons so a lot of running/ biking/ swimming). It's a really versatile program. I mainly stuck to the 3 weight training workouts a week and subbed in the other cardio and did some of yoga. I started in April of '07 and have been a workout animal ever since! :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Miss Jess is an ANIMAL!!!!!!:bigsmile: You make me feel like a real weenie if I even think about skipping a workout!!!:bigsmile:

hahaha!! Thanks!! My brother says the same thing. He hates missing a workout because then he has to tell me! Hilarious! :laugh:
  • ripperxxvi
    Options
    I am on my 4dth day, tomorow of my 2nd round of Classic! I took a three week break from P90X yet I am still sooo sore today! I am supplementing but I feel pretty beat up, thank goodness tomorrow is yoga, not a walk in the park but my body needs to be stretched!
  • littleluvbug
    littleluvbug Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hey P90X'er's out there...my husband and I are getting ready to order and do this challenge together and I just wanted to know what you all recommend for equipment. Would 1 pull up bar suffice, or would it work best if we had two, one for each of us to use at the same time.

Also, as far as resistance bands go, would it better for us to buy the complete package with 10 bands or for me to get the ones for women, and him the one for men.

Hope this post isn't too confusing, just want to make sure we have the right equipment to start the program and do it right. I'm excited, and a little scared!!

Thanks for your help in advance!

95488.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Hey P90X'er's out there...my husband and I are getting ready to order and do this challenge together and I just wanted to know what you all recommend for equipment. Would 1 pull up bar suffice, or would it work best if we had two, one for each of us to use at the same time.

Also, as far as resistance bands go, would it better for us to buy the complete package with 10 bands or for me to get the ones for women, and him the one for men.

Hope this post isn't too confusing, just want to make sure we have the right equipment to start the program and do it right. I'm excited, and a little scared!!

Thanks for your help in advance!

95488.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

Welcome! My hubby and I work out together and use one pullup bar for both of us (although now I'm doing ChaLean Extreme and he is still doing P90X so it doesn't matter!). As for the bands, I guess it depends on heavy you want to go. Hope that helps and send me a message if you have any other questions!
  • MissResa
    Options
    I have the maroon band(or is it magenta?), and also have some lighter bands that I had purchased before... I definitely recommend getting a pull-up bar; I admit to having a bit more upper body strength compared to women I used to work out with, but I'm doing 35+ pull-ups a set with the maroon band, and I basically had to wait until my hubby got home to install a bar for me... I'd rather do assisted pull ups with a chair than not work as hard as I know I should...
  • kak1018
    kak1018 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Jess did 5 rounds of P90X and I am excited to finish 1. Impressive!!!! Friday the 27th I am officially done. I know I will incorporate a lot of the routines into my work-outs and I think I will do a full round in the Winter. It really is a great way to mix things up when you are stuck indoors.

Good luck everyone.
  • ttoombs
    ttoombs Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    What is P90X and where do you order it from?:smile:
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    P90X is a great workout series. Or should I say total fitness? It is an honest, no nonsense approach to getting in the best shape of your life. It is very challenging, but the rewards are many. This is a fitness program, not really emphasizing weight loss. The weight loss comes in the form of losing fat and gaining muscle. A good nutrition program is included. The equipment you need is: dumbbells and a pullup bar or a good set of bands. I prefer dumbbells & pullup bar.

I've had the series for 18 months and it delivers the goods. Right now, I do a hybrid program of P90X and workouts at my local gym. It is a very versitile system that you will not outgrow.

It is sold through Beachbody.com

I know there are some Beachbody coaches who contribute to this site who would be glad to assist you.

Best of Health!
  • magarry
    Options
    Hey guys/gals! First time in on p90x on day 11 and wow! I am dealing with doms ok, nutrition I feel could improve any tips from you vets out there? My initial stats are: 214 lbs 21% bf really wanna drop to @ 185. Thanks!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    What is P90X and where do you order it from?:smile:

It's an awesome home workout program. I am a Team Beachbody coach and you can order from my site if you want! http://www.teambeachbody.com/jessmomof3 and click on Play the Game (free membership). Then you can Shop for Products, click on Tony Horton and P90X to see more info on it. Let me know if you have any questions!!

Jess
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Hey guys/gals! First time in on p90x on day 11 and wow! I am dealing with doms ok, nutrition I feel could improve any tips from you vets out there? My initial stats are: 214 lbs 21% bf really wanna drop to @ 185. Thanks!

Great job! Oh, yeah, love those DOMS. That way you know you brought it! My advice... keep the meals clean (limited processed foods, make sure you are eating lean proteins and good carbs) and lift as heavy as you can. I like to go for 8 reps of each exercise and if I can go more than 10 reps then I go heavier. :bigsmile: And for you ladies out there, you will NOT get bulky!!! :wink:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Jess did 5 rounds of P90X and I am excited to finish 1. Impressive!!!! Friday the 27th I am officially done. I know I will incorporate a lot of the routines into my work-outs and I think I will do a full round in the Winter. It really is a great way to mix things up when you are stuck indoors.

Good luck everyone.

Good for you!!!! It really is a great program and very easy to mix & match the programs. Let me know if you need any suggestions!

Jess
  • MissResa
    Options
    Okay, I have no idea what DOM's stands for...:blushing: Help!!!