P90X

Options
1181920212224»

Replies

• MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    The program actually comes with a wonderful nutritional guide, with some really yummy recipes included... But I'm not following the nutritional aspect of it. I'm just eating clean!!! But Tony Horton, the instructor, definitely is an advocate of healthy eating!!!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    does P90x advocate clean eating? or does P90x concern anything with the nutrtion aspect? or is it just working out?

Yep, it comes with a really great nutrition manual. It really helped me when I was getting into cleaner eating. It gives you options, I used the portion plan instead of the meal plan. Yep, Tony Horton (creator of P90X) is a huge advocate of clean eating! :bigsmile:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    The program actually comes with a wonderful nutritional guide, with some really yummy recipes included... But I'm not following the nutritional aspect of it. I'm just eating clean!!! But Tony Horton, the instructor, definitely is an advocate of healthy eating!!!

thanks
    I havn't used videos to work out...tried a yoga one and I couldnt watch it and do it at the same time...is that a problem with these videos at all?
  • MissResa
    Options

thanks
    I havn't used videos to work out...tried a yoga one and I couldnt watch it and do it at the same time...is that a problem with these videos at all?

This one actually made me laugh, because I totally had this problem in the beginning... But Yoga X is one of the hardest videos that they have!!! For the most part, you just have to try the DVD's a couple of times to really get into the groove of things, but the moves really aren't too difficult to master. It's basic weight training, and even the cardio aspect of this program isn't difficult to figure out-you just have to try it to master it. And the good thing about the workouts, is you usually do the same moves a couple of times, just like you're circuit training, so you get to practice a little as you go along.

The Kenpo X workout is one of the most fun, but some of the moves are a little difficult to get used to. I just rewind, and do the more difficult combos at a slower pace until I figure them out.

If I can do it, I know anybody can do it!!! I have got to be one of the least coordinated people I know, unless it has to do with sports...
  • gfr3228
    gfr3228 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Yoga is the only one that I had any problems with trying to follow occasionally, especially when I first started. It really isn't an issue now, and the strength training videos never presented this problem.

Just my two cents, it is the absolute best workout program I've ever done. While you do work at with the video, it's not like you old aerobics videos, especially the weight training. The moves are really easy to master, but it's the pace of going constantly from one exercise to another that the video really serves it's purpose.
  • MissResa
    Options
    gfr3228... I know you were thinking about introducing your wife to ChaLean extreme... If she does try it, please let me know how she likes it!!! I would really like to have something to do in conjunction with P90X after my 1st(or 2nd) round... I know that Mighty Jess and Tena are doing it, but they are in WAAAAAAYYYYY better shape than me...:laugh:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    gfr3228... I know you were thinking about introducing your wife to ChaLean extreme... If she does try it, please let me know how she likes it!!! I would really like to have something to do in conjunction with P90X after my 1st(or 2nd) round... I know that Mighty Jess and Tena are doing it, but they are in WAAAAAAYYYYY better shape than me...:laugh:

Ooh, I love ChaLean Extreme!! I'm seeing great results from it and love it! The workouts are a little shorter than P90X, and you could totally do it, Miss Resa!! :wink: In some ways it's not as intense as P90X (no pullups) but in other ways it's really tough (compound moves where you're doing lunges and bicep curls at the same time, squats and triceps, etc.) And VERY slow movements so you really use your muscles instead of momentum!

Everyone that I know that is doing it is seeing great results too and loving it! :love:
  • robm007
    Options
    Greetings all, I am new to the site (signed up a little while ago).. had a few question on the sites nutritional/excersise diary. I noticed that on the food diary I can get many of the foods I eat (which is great) to show up when searching.. but is there a P90X excersie log i can go by? I wanted to enter p90x yoga and have the search show me p90x excersises. Are there any p90x excersises in the database? if not, what would be the best way to get one started? Or even work as a team to get it entered for future p90x'ers..

My backround: 34 yrs old. Was in the Army a while back and love a good workout.. and the P90X infomercial sucked me in!

Anyways, did it last year (man was it painful and fun!) and lost 28 pound in 80 days, Vacation was on day 81. I truly felt good.. but let it slip for a few month's and now and I ended deciding on setting up a gym in one of my rooms dedicated to p90x!! I am on week 8 on phase 2 and am planning doing the program again once done (6 month's.. crazy i know).. If all goes well, I will finish the 6 month's 2 days before my next vaca!

I think this will be it! I can feel it! Gotta love the pain Tony puts us throuhg!.. Also, i ended up grabbing my niece's boyfriend as my workout partner (he is 24yrs old) and he as already lost like 24 pounds!!! and he is also sticking with it for the 6 month's..

Sorry, dragging on!... Let me know how i can get p9ox info in the database for the excersie diary.. would make my (our) life easier!..
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Greetings all, I am new to the site (signed up a little while ago).. had a few question on the sites nutritional/excersise diary. I noticed that on the food diary I can get many of the foods I eat (which is great) to show up when searching.. but is there a P90X excersie log i can go by? I wanted to enter p90x yoga and have the search show me p90x excersises. Are there any p90x excersises in the database? if not, what would be the best way to get one started? Or even work as a team to get it entered for future p90x'ers..

My backround: 34 yrs old. Was in the Army a while back and love a good workout.. and the P90X infomercial sucked me in!

Anyways, did it last year (man was it painful and fun!) and lost 28 pound in 80 days, Vacation was on day 81. I truly felt good.. but let it slip for a few month's and now and I ended deciding on setting up a gym in one of my rooms dedicated to p90x!! I am on week 8 on phase 2 and am planning doing the program again once done (6 month's.. crazy i know).. If all goes well, I will finish the 6 month's 2 days before my next vaca!

I think this will be it! I can feel it! Gotta love the pain Tony puts us throuhg!.. Also, i ended up grabbing my niece's boyfriend as my workout partner (he is 24yrs old) and he as already lost like 24 pounds!!! and he is also sticking with it for the 6 month's..

Sorry, dragging on!... Let me know how i can get p9ox info in the database for the excersie diary.. would make my (our) life easier!..

Well, there are some things that you can generically use for exercise. Under Exercise you can type in Yoga, you can use high impact aerobic for Plyo, strength training for the weighted workouts (but that's on for *during* the workouts, remember you're burning more cals when you lift weights AFTER).

Hope that helps some. P90X is an awesome program and good for you for getting other people to join you too! I now have my hubby, 2 brothers, 2 brothers in law, my Mom, best friend, along w/ a LONG list of friends and customers that use it! :bigsmile: Let me know if you have any more questions!

Jess
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Im taking my fit test today I hope I pass....:drinker:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Im taking my fit test today I hope I pass....:drinker:

Good luck, girl! I could NOT do a pullup when I first did the fit test, so don't be discouraged if you can't either!
  • robm007
    Options
    I agree with jessmomof3.. My fit test results were horrible! My wife actually did better on some stuff than i did.. and she has never really worked out!

But, If you stick with the program, you can later see how far you have come! and that is a big motivator!!!

Stick with it.. results will show! and please remember, it does not happen over night.. so try not to lose your paitence!

Have fun!
  • MissResa
    Options

Ooh, I love ChaLean Extreme!! I'm seeing great results from it and love it! The workouts are a little shorter than P90X, and you could totally do it, Miss Resa!! :wink: In some ways it's not as intense as P90X (no pullups) but in other ways it's really tough (compound moves where you're doing lunges and bicep curls at the same time, squats and triceps, etc.) And VERY slow movements so you really use your muscles instead of momentum!

Everyone that I know that is doing it is seeing great results too and loving it! :love:

Thanks, Jess!!! I could really use those "shorter" workouts... I have such a hard time with kids, hubby, housework, and the 24-hour care my grandfather requires, and then adding on my workout time!!! Sometimes I can't fit in my workout until around 10:30 at night, and you know that I dread those Yoga X workouts because of the length!!! BTW, our weekly weigh-in is tomorrow... I'm hoping for good news... I'm still trying to kick this cootie-fest I caught from my kids, but maybe that will work in my favor, tee-hee...
  • purple120
    purple120 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Can I join your group? You all seem to be a fun energetic group. I started eating clean today, and I'll press play after work today. I'm a 46 year old female, mother of three, grandmother to 1. My husband is already in great shape, I workout but haven't seemed to get lean, reason for tyring this program. The following are my numbers, sort of embrassed about posting pictures, we'll see how that goes.

5'3"
    173.5#
    chest 41.5"
    waist 36.5"
    hips 40.25"
    thigh 24.25"
    arms 12.5"

Fit test
    pullups - 0
    vertical leap 11" past my reach
    push-ups 14
    toe touch +6
    wall squat 1min 4sec
    bicep curls 20 at 10#
    in & outs 30

I'm taking protien powder, glutamine and also pure protein bars for snacks. Excited and nervous to get started. My 22 year-old son also started the P90X, but he lives out-of-town so I can' not workout with him, but we're sharing info.
  • MissResa
    Options
    I totally understand about the posting pictures... I'm actually embarrassed to admit that I didn't even TAKE pictures of myself until the 3rd week into it, and that's only because I could see the results already. And poses? Yeah, right!!! But maybe after I do a couple of rounds. Or three... Or four...

Welcome to the group!!!
  • petunia
    petunia Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Sorry.. posted this in another p90x thread, but I think this is the most 'active'? Thanks!

Hi Y'all.. I have questions about P90x.. I've been thinking about getting the program, but I have some questions first and though you guys could help me.. I also don't want to spend all that money on something until I'm sure it's something I'll like.. historically, I've not been a fan of any 'home' type of exercise.. I've tried TieBo and other types of 'tapes' and I get bored very quickly...

I've been doing pretty heavy cardio for about a year.. never really added resistance training to my routine until recently. Being a novice, I go to the gym and feel a little lost with all the equipment, etc.. I need to change things up because I'm down to the point where I only have about 15 pounds left to go and I need to 'shock' my body...

I looked at the Fit Test for P90x and I know just by reading it that I'll pass. My one area that is 'questionable' will be the Pullups.. :grumble:

I want to continue to do my cardio routines (I'm a ZUMBA addict), so I was wondering how many of you continue to do other exercises, etc. with your P90x routine? How often are you supposed to do the workouts and how many different workouts are there a day? Does it get boring (are you doing the same routines over and over.. I HATE to be bored in my workouts - I think that's why I love group exercise at the gym so much)? Do you have to buy a lot of special equipment?

Thanks in advance for your help... :flowerforyou:
  • MissResa
    Options
    Sorry, I tried to post on the other thread, but it didn't work...

I play 4-5 hours of coed volleyball every week... So I basically have to break my workout up into mornings with p90x, and then volleyball at night(but only on v.b. days). And as for getting bored... You have to switch workout routines every month, which makes this a hard one to get bored of!!! Which is definitely an added plus for me; I tend to have a short attention span when it comes to workout routines!!!:laugh: There are plenty of Beach Body coaches on this thread, and the other that you posted on, who would be very well-equipped to answer your questions. And make sure to check out Jess-she's a walking example of what this program can do!!!:bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    OK, since this one is getting really long I just started a new thread!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/42309-p90x-starting-a-new-thread

Join in there, I think it will help other newbies and people using the program and feel free to ask questions!! :bigsmile:
  • mschooley
    mschooley Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    :smile: