P90X

Options

Replies

• MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Jes... Showed my husband what a tough chicky you were from doing the programs... He said that from everyone's success, maybe he should see what would happen if he does P90X, too!!!:drinker: I'm very excited for him, but we can't do the program together because our schedules conflict. He's a military man, so he's always been at a healthy weight-but he's always looking to improve his beauuuutifuul physique...:laugh:
  • paulamma1
    paulamma1 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Okay, I have no idea what DOM's stands for...:blushing: Help!!!

Hi Miss Resa: Delayed onset muscle soreness (I had to google it myself!)
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Jes... Showed my husband what a tough chicky you were from doing the programs... He said that from everyone's success, maybe he should see what would happen if he does P90X, too!!!:drinker: I'm very excited for him, but we can't do the program together because our schedules conflict. He's a military man, so he's always been at a healthy weight-but he's always looking to improve his beauuuutifuul physique...:laugh:

Woohoo!!! It took my dh a while to join me too, but now he loves it!! He's lost 19# and feels awesome! Good for your hubby, he should be in good shape if he's military anyway! :bigsmile: (my brother is Army!) Keep us posted on how he's doing also!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Okay, I have no idea what DOM's stands for...:blushing: Help!!!

Hi Miss Resa: Delayed onset muscle soreness (I had to google it myself!)

Yep... DOMS = Delayed onset muscle soreness. :bigsmile:
  • MissResa
    Options
    Oh, duh!!!:blushing: You would think that something I've complained about having so often with this program would be something I would recognize!!! Thanks, Jess!!!:bigsmile:
  • kenewayne
    kenewayne Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Jess did 5 rounds of P90X and I am excited to finish 1. Impressive!!!! Friday the 27th I am officially done. I know I will incorporate a lot of the routines into my work-outs and I think I will do a full round in the Winter. It really is a great way to mix things up when you are stuck indoors.

Good luck everyone.

Congrats on the "round 1"!! :drinker::drinker: :drinker: I'm day 46 and counting!!
  • MissResa
    Options
    Whoop-whoop!!! Great job, Kenewayne!!! I've been following your blog and Christina's-you two are so inspirational and are doing so well!!! I showed my hubby your first pic, and compared it with your new one... You can see such a big difference!!! Keep up with the program-you're doing great!!!:happy:
  • MissResa
    Options
    Jess... I ordered my F6 today!!! Yippeeeeee!!! My hubby told me to go ahead and get it, and I am sooooo happy that I did!!! Thanks for all the info on it!:drinker:
  • gfr3228
    gfr3228 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Congrats MissResa, I haven't tried that model but I've had a hr monitor for over a year now. I used it to judge my runs before p90x. I can promise that once you calibrate it to your specs and you see just how many calories you burn with the program, you will have a new respect for the workouts. Since I'm a runner and didn't wear it with the first few workouts, I really didn't have the respect for plyo, yoga, etc that I do now. I thought I had cardio licked, but the numbers speak for themselves. Also congrats on keeping with the program, we are truly changing our lives.
  • MissResa
    Options
    Thank you!!! I have been guestimating how much I've been burning using this website, but I seriously doubt that I'm burning over 1700 calories when playing 2 hours of volleyball!!! I entered in Volleyball, competitive, in a gymnasium, NOT Olympic trials, w/Misty May(ha, ha)... I know that it's going to help out having a HRM...

And great job with the % lost and good luck with being a coach!!!!!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Jess... I ordered my F6 today!!! Yippeeeeee!!! My hubby told me to go ahead and get it, and I am sooooo happy that I did!!! Thanks for all the info on it!:drinker:

YEAH!! I LOOOOVE mine! I've been using it for a couple weeks now and love knowing exactly how many cals I burn. Love it on the TM too, it picks up the signal so I don't have to look at the watch as it shows on the display!
  • MissResa
    Options
    I can't wait until I get it!!! I got it from the website you suggested, and with 2 day FedEx, but I think since I live in Alaska, I won't receive it until next week sometime...:sad: But since I've gone so long without one, I suppose I can wait another few days...

It did come with a little string attatched-my husband wants an Ipod... And made sure to let me know after he said I could get my HRM:bigsmile: He knows just how to butter me up!!!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I can't wait until I get it!!! I got it from the website you suggested, and with 2 day FedEx, but I think since I live in Alaska, I won't receive it until next week sometime...:sad: But since I've gone so long without one, I suppose I can wait another few days...

It did come with a little string attatched-my husband wants an Ipod... And made sure to let me know after he said I could get my HRM:bigsmile: He knows just how to butter me up!!!

I got mine in 2 days so I hope you do too! Funny about your hubby. I have an ipod nano and LOVE it!! I can't imagine running without it! :laugh:
  • MissResa
    Options
    I have a classic, but my hubby wants a nano... I really want him to get one, because he keeps trying to take mine when he goes for training-I am afraid he's going to drop in in a swamp or maybe lose it in the desert... If he has one, mine's safe!!!:bigsmile:
  • cjbranson
    Options
    Whoop-whoop!!! Great job, Kenewayne!!! I've been following your blog and Christina's-you two are so inspirational and are doing so well!!! I showed my hubby your first pic, and compared it with your new one... You can see such a big difference!!! Keep up with the program-you're doing great!!!:happy:

Thanks for the sweet compliment girlie but your ENTHUSIASM is contagious and that's the best inspiration of all!!
  • kenewayne
    kenewayne Posts: 169 Member
    Options

Thanks Miss Resa...but I have to "second" Christina's comments about you! Your posts are so funny sometimes, and very encouraging. It has definitely helped keep me going! So, thank YOU! :drinker:

Jess, you're help on this thread has been awesome as well! I just don't know how you guys get those dang "Pfifer Scissors" though!! My body can't seem to get 'em done!! :mad:
  • MissResa
    Options
    I love the fifer scissors... I hate Dreya Rolls!!! And I appreciate the comments from you two... I think I would have quit after the 1st week if it weren't for this thread... I was sooooo sore!!!
  • littleluvbug
    littleluvbug Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    MIssResa-
    Some of the blogs I have found discourage people with as much weight to lose as I do from doing this. Seeing as we have about the same amount to lose, how do you feel about it? Are the exercises adjustable to someone who is a beginner? I've been doing great on my cardio, and have been doing some weights, but I am totally ready for a challenge, what are your thoughts?

95488.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • MissResa
    Options
    I loooooove P90X!!! I have to admit that when I was in great shape, I did weight training 6 days a week, along w/ cardio... So for me, it was basically like I was getting back into the groove of things. But I will definitely admit that there are things in this program that I cannot do (like those darn Dreya Rolls), but from what I've been told by many others is that they couldn't do them either, when they first started out... Also, push-ups are hard, and I have to do the majority of them on my knees, but I'm seeing a really big difference in my upper-body strength already. They are alternatives to the exercises you can do, and basically when you're starting our, you may have to hit pause, or just not do as many of the reps as the people on the DVD's...

If you're really wanting to try P90X out, but aren't sure if you can handle the intensity of it, you could always start off with P90-it's the next step down from the "X" and is a great way to start things off. Either way, I've seen many others who have been doing it, guys included, who were really, really out of shape, and they were able to keep up with it, too. And I definitely consider myself in that category(of being out of shape)...

Hope it helps!!!:drinker:
  • MissResa
    Options
    I loooooove P90X!!! I have to admit that when I was in great shape, I did weight training 6 days a week, along w/ cardio... So for me, it was basically like I was getting back into the groove of things. But I will definitely admit that there are things in this program that I cannot do (like those darn Dreya Rolls), but from what I've been told by many others is that they couldn't do them either, when they first started out... Also, push-ups are hard, and I have to do the majority of them on my knees, but I'm seeing a really big difference in my upper-body strength already. They are alternatives to the exercises you can do, and basically when you're starting our, you may have to hit pause, or just not do as many of the reps as the people on the DVD's...

If you're really wanting to try P90X out, but aren't sure if you can handle the intensity of it, you could always start off with P90-it's the next step down from the "X" and is a great way to start things off. Either way, I've seen many others who have been doing it, guys included, who were really, really out of shape, and they were able to keep up with it, too. And I definitely consider myself in that category(of being out of shape)...

Hope it helps!!!:drinker: