Stay-At-Home Moms 1/5-1/11

Options
Happy New Week (& New Year), SAHM Mommies!
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Happy New Week (& New Year), SAHM Mommies!
    :flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    MM - that sucks that your Wii doesn't work! I hope they ship the piece fast! Good luck getting back to the push-ups. I'm slacking there right now (again), but I'm working on getting back on. Just did 42 the other day! Woo! Better than where I started!

Supermom - how's the situp challenge going? I saw you started that! Good for you! My husband is doing it right now, but I can't bring myself to do it yet. My abs have been so tore apart by the kids that I need some "warmup" time. LOL

Lyn - I know! I felt horrible about my Christmas gifts also, but it just really irritates me when people specifically ASK what you want & get you the polar opposite! Silliness. Did you end up with the F4? How do you like that one? I'm looking at mildly "cheaper" options fo HRM right now.

Loki - How's the gym search going?

Good morning to everyone else! I'm sure we'll touch base as everyone checks in! Happy (?) Monday! :flowerforyou:
  • gottaluvboyz
    gottaluvboyz Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Hi, mind if I join you? 3babybeans and my cousin led me to MFP (love this site thus far!). I've got 3 little guys...Parker (4), Garrett (a newly turned 3 yr old), and Ryder (7 months). A tad bit sleepy this morning (the little guy still wakes up 2-3x a night and last night was party time w/ him:yawn: ).
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Good morning, my dear! You're more than welcome to join us! Sorry you were up with little guy so much last night. :frown:
  • lenece
    lenece Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Mornin ladies.....I'm half out of it this mornin...Today was our first day back for school from christmas break..I'm not feelin up to par yet..I think I'm gettin sick or my thyroid is off again..I just feel like I'm not gettin enough sleep..Which the last 2 days I havent..My son, Draven (5) was runnin a temp of 102-103 which I thought would break eventually..It did not so I was in the er with him last night he has a upper respitory infection and was slighty dehydrated..We got antibiotics, cough med and ibphrouen* for the fever, oh and a popscile* which he thought was all worth it...They said to push fluids and he could go back to school wednesday...
    I dont know if its because I've been depressed or my thyroid bein off but I have been wantin to eat everything in site..It's bad its like I'm not gettin enough of something but I know I am..My body right now I think is on attack mode or something strange..All I know is I feel like I'm shaking inside at times and extermely tired:yawn: Who knows, I have a dr appt friday maybe she will figure out what is wrong with me..I'm off to lay back down to try n get some sleep and I'm not feeling to good n I have a headache..So back to bed I go...:yawn: :frown: :sick:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Dana, I hope your son & you feel better soon! I'm not a dr. by any means, but it nearly sounds like you might have low iron or something like that. Hopefully the dr. will get you all straightened out! Love the new pic!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,697 Member
    Options
    MM - that sucks that your Wii doesn't work! I hope they ship the piece fast! Good luck getting back to the push-ups. I'm slacking there right now (again), but I'm working on getting back on. Just did 42 the other day! Woo! Better than where I started!

Supermom - how's the situp challenge going? I saw you started that! Good for you! My husband is doing it right now, but I can't bring myself to do it yet. My abs have been so tore apart by the kids that I need some "warmup" time. LOL

Lyn - I know! I felt horrible about my Christmas gifts also, but it just really irritates me when people specifically ASK what you want & get you the polar opposite! Silliness. Did you end up with the F4? How do you like that one? I'm looking at mildly "cheaper" options fo HRM right now.

Loki - How's the gym search going?

Good morning to everyone else! I'm sure we'll touch base as everyone checks in! Happy (?) Monday! :flowerforyou:
    Good morning all! I'm trying to be chipper but I didn't get enough sleep. I kept hearing things. I am still wiped out from bed rest and all that. I had no idea it would take me this long to recover!
    Supermom, I am starting the sit up challenge today. Is there a thread started for that? I am also getting back to push ups today too.
    Dana, I hope you get better soon and your son does too. I am actually feeling a lot like you. I eat and eat but nothing seems to satisfy, even when I am over full. I have been depressed and really tired. I am assuming my problem is all hormone related. I hope the dr can get things figured out for you. I know I hate feeling this way. Hang in there!

I'm not sure what else I am going to get done today besides sit ups and push ups. I want to get back into the swing of things but I'm so lazy and tired right now. I was counting on that wii to get me back into it. :grumble: Alex kept saying he wanted to bowl last night (on the wii). Bummer. I need to clean house and do laundry so that may be all the exercise I get today. I will paint on Alex's bed too. I will also get back to logging foods (boy I don't like doing that anymore). So basically my new year starts today.
    Happy Monday to you all!
    MM
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Good morning, MM! I'm sorry you're still have a rough time. Give yourself time to recover from everything, including the emotional aspect of things. *hugs* You should post pics of Alex's bed! I'd love to see the work in progress! :heart:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,697 Member
    Options
    I will try to get some taken this afternoon when I pull it out to work on it! :happy:
    MM
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    YAY! I just saw you post on the 200 situp challenge...the pausing at the top of the crunch is what is keeping me from doing it. I can't hold it for more than 1.5-2 seconds. I'm warming up to it, but can't do it just yet. As opposed to the push up challenge, I want to do this one in proper form! LOL
  • abetterme
    abetterme Posts: 393
    Options
    Good Morning Mommies,

I know I have posted once or twice before but haven't been a regular. That is one of my goals this year is to keep up with my postings cause I know that the support helps. The kids went back to school today:happy: We have a very small house so to have all 6 of them home and not always able to go outside and play made for a very crazy christmas break. I think they were all looking forward to going back to school also. I was surprised that it wasn't a late start we still have alot of ice on the gravel roads and when I went to drop them off the parking lot and sidewalks were ice also. I am letting Elizabeth (2 yrs 10mths) watch a movie and then I will be kicking her off the tv so I can do my walk away the pounds. Breakfast was fat free cappuccino while milking the cows and then just had a bowl of multi grain cheerios need to get some fruit in also. Hope everyone has a great day.

Lisa:flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Good morning, Lisa! I always remember you as the lady with lots of kids & cows. :laugh: I hope you're able to post more often, too! Nice hearing from you & good luck getting in the workout with the little one under foot!:flowerforyou:
  • gottaluvboyz
    Options
    Parker headed back to preschool this morning (woohoo!) and the little guy took a nap...so DS#2 and I did 30 minutes of pilates together:smile: Once the kiddos are in bed tonight I'm planning on getting in 40 minutes of a cardio dvd. Have a great day everyone!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Yay for Parker being back to school! I hope what my kids have right now isn't in the "system" yet. It's green & comes with a nice cough. Yuck. :sick:
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am new to the website and having trouble getting motivated to move, well that's everyday!! I am so used to sitting on my couch or on the floor with the kids. I can't seem to get moving. Tomorrow my oldest goes back to school, so I will bbe worse tomorrow. I just want some darn energy!! Anyone do any at home dvd workouts? I need some since I am at home with the boys and my hubby who has worked 3rds for 10 years is on 1st shift and we have 1 car so I can't leave nor do i have money for a gym membership. Thanks.:flowerforyou:
  • gottaluvboyz
    Options
    UGH Sara...somehow it seems like someone has a cold all winter long:grumble:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am new to the website and having trouble getting motivated to move, well that's everyday!! I am so used to sitting on my couch or on the floor with the kids. I can't seem to get moving. Tomorrow my oldest goes back to school, so I will bbe worse tomorrow. I just want some darn energy!! Anyone do any at home dvd workouts? I need some since I am at home with the boys and my hubby who has worked 3rds for 10 years is on 1st shift and we have 1 car so I can't leave nor do i have money for a gym membership. Thanks.:flowerforyou:

Hey, Jules! Glad you came over! My favorite at-home workout (since that's the only kind I do) is Turbo Jam. Lyn does it too (Drevensmom) & we both LOVE it! It really helps battle the winter blahs, I think.
  • TanyaH
    TanyaH Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi all. I am a Stay at home mom - and for the million time this is my "start" day. I have a lot to loose and feel very overwhelmed most of the time when I think about it. So I need support.... any suggestions or just a plain good kick in the butt would help :-)
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options

Hey, Jules! Glad you came over! My favorite at-home workout (since that's the only kind I do) is Turbo Jam. Lyn does it too (Drevensmom) & we both LOVE it! It really helps battle the winter blahs, I think.

Thanks, I have heard a lot of good things about turbojam. Is that the one you order online??
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I dont think I have ever posted on the Stay at home moms thread. But I am one so maybe I will start. I got to where I was posting on so many I forgot which challenges I had joined LOL. Anyways I have 3 kids. 10 and 8 year old boys and a 17 mth old girl. I love staying home with them and now I have the time to do everything that I want to do. ALthough I stay really busy. I go to the gym MOnday through Friday at 8 am and do a class for an hour. Then of course I stay busy with Cub scouts and basketball right now. Ive been thinking of doing Karate soon. My boys want to do it and I might do it with them if I dont look to funny.

Connie