Stay-At-Home Moms 1/5-1/11

Options

Replies

• msvallon
    msvallon Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    ugh so I'm getting really depressed, not like postpartum depression or suicidal depression just... sad.... my hubby is going to Iraq, and hes going to be in training again soon... he was at Fort Hood for most of last year, from Jan to the end of Oct, missed my whole pregnancy basically, only came down a bit on weekends.... and Im getting really run down from Ayden and these rough nights and ugh I just dont know.... usually when I get down like this I would go down a bag of chips or a big bowl of ice cream....both of which we have in the house at the moment... Im still really feeling an urge to go stuff my face.... I let myself have about 10 chips and I pulled an apple out of the fridge, but its just not that appealing.... but that ice cream n the rest of the bag of chips is calling my name.... ugh im really really trying but i just am so tired n down......uuugggghhhhh:sad: :sad: :sad: :frown: :frown: :frown:

I am so sorry you are having a pretty rough time. I hope things get better for you and that you can resist the urge for today.
  • supermom1114
    Options
    Supermom - Do you have friends or family nearby? I know if I'm having a bad day, I'll go to lunch with the baby and my mom. Even if it's just an hour, it gets us out of the house and gives you a change of scenery. Plus somebody else holds the baby for a little bit. If nobody is nearby, you can still go take him for a walk (or if it's cold outside, maybe walk around a mall or something).

We moved in with my parents when our apartment lease was up just so there would be someone else to help with the baby when I needed it and so when he leaves I won't be living all alone. But everyone works during the day, so I'm all alone.... BUT I did resist my urge, ate the apple, then chewed some Big Red gum... then cooked dinner later on, whole grain penne with meat sauce(made with ground turkey) Yum!! But now hubby wants ice cream.... ugh I really want some too... so I'm going to have ONE scoop. I've worked out today so I've got a bit of room in my calories, I'll end up going over but on top of everything else that happened today, hubby found out hes leaving Jan 15th... ... in one week, and we thought he'd be back home for a bit before he leaves, but hes going to be in training up to when he leaves for Iraq.. We don't even know if we'll see each other before he leaves... maybe I'll have more than one scoop of ice cream... I dont know how much I'm going to lose in the next couple of weeks I'm just really emotional n ugh.... wwaaahhhh!!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: But I just keep thinking that if I eat bad stuff and dont work out that I'll just be so much more depressed because I havent lost weight... I'm so confused and sad...... I dunno how much I'm going to be on the boards for the next couple of weeks... I'm going to be spending as much time as possible with hubby or I'm just going to be sulking probably... ugh
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Supermom - Do you have friends or family nearby? I know if I'm having a bad day, I'll go to lunch with the baby and my mom. Even if it's just an hour, it gets us out of the house and gives you a change of scenery. Plus somebody else holds the baby for a little bit. If nobody is nearby, you can still go take him for a walk (or if it's cold outside, maybe walk around a mall or something).

We moved in with my parents when our apartment lease was up just so there would be someone else to help with the baby when I needed it and so when he leaves I won't be living all alone. But everyone works during the day, so I'm all alone.... BUT I did resist my urge, ate the apple, then chewed some Big Red gum... then cooked dinner later on, whole grain penne with meat sauce(made with ground turkey) Yum!! But now hubby wants ice cream.... ugh I really want some too... so I'm going to have ONE scoop. I've worked out today so I've got a bit of room in my calories, I'll end up going over but on top of everything else that happened today, hubby found out hes leaving Jan 15th... ... in one week, and we thought he'd be back home for a bit before he leaves, but hes going to be in training up to when he leaves for Iraq.. We don't even know if we'll see each other before he leaves... maybe I'll have more than one scoop of ice cream... I dont know how much I'm going to lose in the next couple of weeks I'm just really emotional n ugh.... wwaaahhhh!!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: But I just keep thinking that if I eat bad stuff and dont work out that I'll just be so much more depressed because I havent lost weight... I'm so confused and sad...... I dunno how much I'm going to be on the boards for the next couple of weeks... I'm going to be spending as much time as possible with hubby or I'm just going to be sulking probably... ugh

Wow Supermom my heart goes out to you. I have no idea how I would handle my hubby leaving. I would probably do my emotional eating, but you can do it. You are right you will feel better if you stick to it and workout and eat better. Good luck and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!!!
    :heart:
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Supermom :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I couldn't imagine DH going away for that long... but I know when I've been away from him for 2 weeks + I get motivated to look even more sexy than when he parted. If he is going to be gone for that long, think about how amazing you could look when he got back. :noway:
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Doublepost. :blushing:
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    my hubby is going to Iraq, and hes going to be in training again soon...

smileyhug.gif
    It is rough being away from someone you love, especially when you have so much responsibility on you. I'm so sorry to hear. I can perfectly understand why it would get you down. Good choice on the apple. Keep trying to be healthy for your beautiful baby and your husband when he gets home. You're worth it!
  • iftcheiaf
    Options
    Man I always do this to my self!!! I do so well during the day and then when it comes to the evening I go crazy!!!! I went over my calories by 250. I am so made at myself!!!!! This is when my mind takes over and then I give up!!! I don't want to give up!!! I want to be skinny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:
    That happened to me today. Had two fillings done, took some pain medication, wasn't feeling great and proceeded to eat, eat, eat to help make myself feel better, after having done so well. But remember, it is one day. Start fresh the next morning. We'll do it together!
  • iftcheiaf
    Options
    Tomorrow Im going in for another surgery. HOPEFULLY this will get to be the last one.

get_well_soon_spinning_smile.gif
    Roni, I hope your surgery goes well and that you recover quickly. Take care of yourself :)
  • iftcheiaf
    Options
    smileyhug.gif

MM - Hugs to you too. I know you're going through a rough time physically and emotionally. Be kind to yourself. My thoughts are with you.
  • iftcheiaf
    Options
    miscellaneous_439.gif
    Good morning every one. Dragging my little hiney this morning. Resisting the urge to crawl back into bed. Since misery loves company, I just woke my husband up and "encouraged" him to go to the gym so that there wouldn't be a warm body to crawl in beside. Kids are still sleeping, so I get to stay here and work and hit the gym later after a bunch of running around, babysitting, volunteering at school, trying to find the bottom of my sink amidst a bunch of dishes, and the never ending laundry.

Hope everyone has a great day.
  • iftcheiaf
    Options
    smileyhug.gif

Where did my hugs go? :angry:
  • abetterme
    abetterme Posts: 393
    Options
    Good Morning Mommies:flowerforyou:

I actually got myself up early enough to do my workout before going out for chores:drinker: , I got my 2 mile WATP workout in and now need to get changed and drag my butt out in the freezing cold air and feed my calves and help finish up with the milking, it is a -1 this morning:grumble: . I have a busy day so don't think I will be on again until later this afternoon. Hope everyone has a good day, prayers and {{HUGS}} to all of you.:flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Supermom - Hang in there, sweetie. You have more important things to worry about right now other than counting every calorie that goes in your mouth. Don't over-do it, but don't obsess. *hugs*

Abetterme - GOod job getting up that early! I couldn't imagine doing a workout on top of all the farm chores you have to do...and SIX kids! You are awesome!

iftcheiaf - Good luck making it through your day today! Sounds like a super busy one! Once you find the bottom of my sink, would you mind helping me find mine? :bigsmile:

mrsbuzz - 250 isn't all that much to be over. 3500 = 1# of body weight, so 250 is just a slip up. You can focus on doing better today. It is all a learning process. You need to figure out where your slip-ups are & correct them for futher down the road. You'll get there & we'll be here to help you out. You're doing good, just keep moving forward! *hugs*
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    New today. Married Mom of 3, ages DD-21 (graduating college soon), DS18 (graduating HS soon, then off to college), and DS13 (7th grade). Hello all (and I finished all the laundry today...now to get motivated to do the treadmill...ugh).

Welcome to the group! :flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Roni - I'm thinking about you & praying for you today! Let's hope this is the last one, sweetie! Good luck to you! *hugs* :flowerforyou:
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All!!!

Thanks 3BB!!!! I totally love you all for your support!! I am so glad my friend told me about this place!!! I am hoping for a great day. I am trying to find the motivation to workout since I am so sore from yesterdays workout!!!

Wishing everyone a wonderful and productive day!!!:flowerforyou:
  • gottaluvboyz
    gottaluvboyz Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Supermom...my thoughts are with you and your family right now. Enjoy your time w/ your DH and lots of (((hugs))). I tip my hat to military families and thank you:flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    We just had my niece and her boyfriend visit from California for New Year's day-- (they didn't just visit for that day-- well, they did at our house, but they were in the area for longer, they just-- oh, nevermind)

Anyhooooo-- boyfriend, Carl, 21, entered the home and was affable and friendly, and lovably kooky. My kids really liked him and so did I-- he was a goof. But, I'd been so busy preparing dinner that I'd never noticed his limp.

After dinner we started to serve coffee and I asked him if he wanted coffee and how he took it. He replies, "Black. Two years in the war, you learn to take your coffee black-- " or something like that. There was enough noise in the room that I wasn't sure what I heard. My brother, Mike, also visiting came to me right away with a, "Did he just say-- " and I was, like, "I thought he just said something like-- " and we were flabbergasted.

I walked over to Carl and asked him, 'Did you just say you were in the war for 2 years?" Turns out this young man spent 3 years active duty, over two of them in the nastiest fighting in Fallujah, in Iraq. He got his ankle blown apart in battle and had to have it rebuilt-- gentleman, we can rebuild him-- better, stronger, faster-- (trivia question-- what's that from?)

Anyway-- I hugged him and thanked him so much for his service and sacrifice. At 21 this young man experienced more than most of us will ever in a lifetime, and still had the most positive, inspiring outlook on life.

Supermom-- your man is doing something wonderful. Much thanks to him and to you for your incredible sacrifice to this incredible country God gave us.

God bless us all this day, my friends-- love to all.
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options

When my hubby was in the navy he left for overseas 2 mths after our first child was born and he was gone for 18 mths. This was before the war so I didnt have to worry about that but I do know how you feel. I moved back to florida and got my own apartment but I was still close to my family. I know its hard but youcan do it. Just let us know when you need us to pick you up and we will. I am not one to drink I think because they say my dad was an alchoholic and I have always been afraid I would get it to easy but during that time I found myself drinking alot of beer. Luckily enough I stopped and now I hardly ever have a drink. I wanted to lose alot of weight while he was gone so when he came back I would be smoking hot but that didnt happen of course I didnt have the support of a website like this. ALl of us will be here for you. Use us if you need to.

Connie
  • CPascoe2519
    CPascoe2519 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Goodmorning Ladies!
    How is everyone today?

Went under my points by 338 points yesterday.. That was great to know.. Guess that walk me and my daughter took was worth it! Might do it again today!
    Well, My Birthday is in 8 days.. I'm kinda excited about that.

Supermom - You seem to be a wonderful wife with a very brave husband. You really must be proud!
    I can't imagine how hard it could be.. Especially with Children.