What food as surprised you with the number of calories, fat,

Options

Replies

• wvfrog22
    Options
    anything from cheesecake factory. that stuff averages at the low end 1200 most has alot more than that

Their new skinnylicious menu is pretty exciting! I'm impressed with them....it took them a looooong time to get with the program, and their sodium is still HIGH but finally a whole bunch of low cal choices!

We tried the skinnylicious menu last week. I enjoyed it. I was even satisfied enough that for the first time I went to the cheesecake factory and didn't eat cheesecake!
  • Ebwash89
    Ebwash89 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Frappucinno's from Starbucks! I was in LOVE with those things and the small(tall) caramel one is over 400 calories. Thats crazyyyy! Thats a ridiculous amount of calories to just drink.
  • kated930
    Options
    trail mix :( so sad that I need to eat it like its a special treat like ice cream since it has so many cals and fat
  • zumba89
    Options
    special k original cereal that has about 120 in calories with is crazy because you can have cheerios for 100 calories.
  • marcikennan
    Options
    Beer.....:)
  • brantsmom1
    brantsmom1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Beans... I would always eat them to get my protein in.

4258768.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    yes;

Capri sun - 99 cals- 1 pouch
    shrimp fried rice - 420 1 cup
    mcdonald double cheese- 440
    mcdonalds fish - 380
    panera broc and cheese soup- 230
    panera cinna cruch bagel - 410

So many more just can't name them all;
  • PurpleCoookie
    Options
    Nuts. It can be a good snack if I don't eat a lot of them....which is hard. :frown:
  • TrishaRN_74
    TrishaRN_74 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    My morning coffee is a calorie killer! And the sugar! OMW! The coffee itself isn't so bad, but I have to have the flavored creamers. I used 1.5 tbsp of Bailey's Chocolate and 1.5 tbsp of Peppermint Mocha. Just those 3 little tablespoons equal 113 calories. And I usually have THREE cups of coffee every morning!
  • Leslietheriot
    Leslietheriot Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Most restaurant salads. Even without the dressing or with a low cal/fat dressing, it is possible to walk outta there just having eaten a 1200 calorie salad (or more). Scary, when I can make a delicious salad at home for under 200 calories, and that includes chicken and some sort or dressing or vinaigrette.

THIS^^ I always feel awkward ordering a salad when going out to eat with friends. I HATE it actually, to the point that I try getting out of going out. It's impossible to make a lot of places my friends go even remotely healthy.
    And my boyfriend always says "but you could have/should have gotten the salad"...If I'm going to eat 1200 cals, I'm eating a burger!!!
  • pudgy0602
    Options
    I was surprised in how many calories a pumpkin muffin from Dunkin Donuts has, and it has 600 calories!
  • Leslietheriot
    Leslietheriot Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Breakfast sausage patties-230 cals in 2 little patties.
  • u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Bear Naked granola. I used to mix like a cup or so of it in with Light & Fit strawberry yogurt and think I was having the healthiest breakfast in the world. What an idiot. I've come to the conclusion that unless you're hiking 20 miles a day with a 50-lb pack on your back, you probably don't ever need granola or trail mix, period.

Also... I agree about the Applebee's dessert shooters... ridiculous!!
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    I know this is stupid, but olive oil really shocked me!!

TOTALLY AGREE WITH THIS!!! I can't believe it either! I used to pour oil in the pan before cooking an egg. I NEVER Realized it was adding calories to my egg!

Also, I can't believe how everyone is on a hype to use Olive Oil on EVERYTHING, because someone said it was "healthier".. . Yeah, Healthier than other oils, but NOT to be used excessively. OH THE CALORIES are scary in oil!

I'm all about calories in, calories out. Using oil is such a waste!
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Also, Trail Mix.. the good stuff with M&M's! Raisins are high in calories, then you add the cashews, peanuts, almonds, m&m's.. yikes! I could eat a whole bag. I easily gained part of my 10 lbs from the trail mix. I didn't realize it till it was WAY to late. I'd eat a 5lb bag per week.. I thought it was "healthy".
  • Kristina0202
    Kristina0202 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Chicken wings.

They are small so I figured they weren't bad. I was so wrong.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    new england clam chowda.
  • rf1170
    rf1170 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I was pleasantly surprised by the nutritional info for a pumpkin soup I make - MFP estimates it at 133 calories, 19g carbs, 5g fat, and 3g protein. Even if the estimate is off by 100 calories, it's still pretty good. It's really filling, so I figured it would be way more than that!

On the other hand, anything on the Chipotle menu is ridiculous - but it is ridiculously filling.
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Pizza. Oh my god the amount of calories.

I think I am more surprised at the difference the crust makes. 1/2 a large thin crust vegetarian pizza I can do for dinner - you can get that for around 600 cal if you are careful. Pan base - immediately add 200 calories to that or more. I don't have enough calories for 800+ calorie dinners.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I was pleasantly surprised by the nutritional info for a pumpkin soup I make - MFP estimates it at 133 calories, 19g carbs, 5g fat, and 3g protein. Even if the estimate is off by 100 calories, it's still pretty good. It's really filling, so I figured it would be way more than that!

On the other hand, anything on the Chipotle menu is ridiculous - but it is ridiculously filling.
    actually if my chicken brown rice bowl from chipotle is really 540 cal, I am very happy with it. It's really filling indeed. :)

I am always not sure about mushrooms. They are so delicious, and low in calorie, really really low. Can it be true?