What food as surprised you with the number of calories, fat,

Options
123457»

Replies

• ScorpioDiva81
    ScorpioDiva81 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Fast food and restaurant food are just horrible for the waist line. A slice of cheesecake at The Cheesecake Factory can easily run you 1000 calories
  • skinnnyxoxo
    skinnnyxoxo Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I didnt even know what a calorie was before this, hahaha.
    Anyways, almonds have a ton.
  • genxrider
    genxrider Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Roasted and salted Pepitas. I'm so sad they are so calorific because they are a very tasty snack.
  • ice1200s
    ice1200s Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Everything I wanna eat! I wouldn't be surprised if the air we breathe has too may calories and is loaded with fat and sugar!
  • skinnnyxoxo
    skinnnyxoxo Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Flatbreads and tortillas are so calorific for what they are - I don't make home made vege enchiladas for myself anymore cause I can't afford the tortilla calories!

You have to eat way too many calories of pasta to get anywhere near full also.

I think most wheat based products are really bad at filling you up - I still eat bread, and sometimes weetbix for breakfast, but I now keep away from wheat based noodles and pasta, flat breads, and biscuits.

Try Hungry Girl 100 Cal Flatbreads :)
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I was amazed at the difference in calories in chicken salads.

Fried chicken salad has a GINORMOUS amounts of calories vs the skinless chicken salad. It was 3-400 calorie difference
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I went to O'Charley's last week and didn't check the nutrition info on the website until I got home. I got prime ib pasta...and it has 1530 calories!!! And over 70 grams of fat and less protein than fat and carbs together (I figured prime rib would have at least more protein than carbs, lol).

I am actually shocked at most restaurant foods. I knew that they were "bad" when it comes to total calories and fat, but some of them are totally outrageous. Thank goodness I know how to cook and make things light!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Not calories because I knew it would be high cal... but I found a packet of dried pineapple in the supermarket today that has an ingredient list including 52% pineapple. As the only two other ingreadients were sugar and preservatives I can only guess that it must be about 45% or more added sugar.
    I never expected dried fruit to be anything other than concentrated sugar (with a bit of fibre and hopefully a few nutrients) but to see almost half ADDED sugar did surprise me.
    I didn't buy it!
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake in some restaurants have 500-ish calories per slice, while in others, it's more like 1100-1200!!!!! The slices look similar in size. How in the world?