50+ Women

Options

Replies

• Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I think that is the book I read last year. Younger next year. No, I am actually a year older. Is it written by two men? One a doctor and the other an expert on fitness?
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    :mad: Weighed myself this morning. Up another two pounds.
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Kathy & Barbie: Do you mean you would like us all to have the same weigh in day? Or just to report when our weigh in is and report how we are doing?
    Esther

Yes, maybe set a date around the end of March? We all will check in and see if we have lost weight?

What do you think?

Kathy
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I think that is the book I read last year. Younger next year. No, I am actually a year older. Is it written by two men? One a doctor and the other an expert on fitness?
    Chris Crowley & Dr. Henry Lodge are the authors. What did you think of the book? I ordered it only because my doctor recommended it.
    Esther
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Hi all

Hope all are doing well. Another very chilly day here again so I did another great workout inside. The treadmill, stationary bike, Biggest Loser Bootcamp DVD, jump rope and weight machine were all part of my routine today. I sure cannot wait until the nice weather is here and I can get outside and see if I can actually take up running:bigsmile: The scale is continuing to go down so I am so happy about that. Maybe the plateau I have been experiencing is leaving me:happy:

Went out to dinner tonite for a friend's birthday so I made sure that I burned enough calories that I could have a nice dinner and not fret about the calories. Having a wedding anniversary, Valentine's Day, and two birthday celebrations in less than a month sure can be a challenge. What surely has saved me has been increasing my workout:bigsmile: I love the way my clothes are fitting me and how much better and stronger I feel:heart: Things can only continue to get even better and I am so very happy about that.

Take care and keep working at your goals everyone. I look forward to reading what everyone has to say. It truly inspires me to keep working hard at my goals:flowerforyou:
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    :mad: Weighed myself this morning. Up another two pounds.

I totally understand how you feel:heart: , but try not to let it get you down...I had been experiencing the same thing. Sometimes our bodies just need little tweaks to get us going in the right direction again. Increasing/decreasing my calories and workouts seemed to work for me. Just keep working at it, remember the weight usually goes on gradually and it takes time to take it off in a healthy manner.

Warmest and positive wishes to you:flowerforyou:
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Hi all-
    My son and his girlfriend just left so I was quickly catching up here. I am up for a group weigh-in as well as a March challenge. At the moment, I can't think of a thing so I'll just go along with whatever ideas you come up with. Sleep tight.
    Zaza
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    STOP - don't post here.

Look for our new thread at 50+ Women for March in the Motivation and Support Message Board.

I'll check in with you all in the morning.
    Esther
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Chris Crowley & Dr. Henry Lodge are the authors. What did you think of the book? I ordered it only because my doctor recommended it.
    Esther
    That is the book. Very good except for the evolution comments and there are plenty of them. They emphasis exercise very much. I read it two years ago while I was off work with a broken shoulder so I was frustrated that I couldn't follow what they teach.
    Another good book is Flip the Switch. This is written by Robert K. Cooper, PhD. This book has lots of helpful hints on getting the metabolism working. I really like this one. I started losing weight, how be it slowly, while reading it.
  • dkell
    dkell Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    :cry: Hi all I just want to vent a little. I would like to find time to exercise but my last two nights have been like this: I work until 5:30 and sometimes I'm here till 6:30. My husband calls and hes had a few beers already as I'm on my way home. He tells me his dad is coming out cause I am the only one in the family that can bring pictures up on the computer to view a family CD of photos that a family member sent him. He was there till 10:30. I ate hot dogs then cause I didn't feel like cooking anything else, I was exhausted. I liked helping his dad out though so I didn't think anything of that night. But last night then I got a call before I could leave work saying that my grandkids mom (new mom with a newborn and a 2 1/2 year old) was having a bad day so I picked them up and brought them home with me. Well I loved seeing my grandkids and helping mom out but then my husband called his mom and dad and had them come out to see the baby. Every one left our house about 10:30 so I ate shells and cheese for supper. And my husband was on the farm burning dead grass from the ditches when the fire department came rushing to the site. ( He invited all these people over and then went back on the farm by himself to drink beer) They weren't too happy he didn't notify them of a controlled burn.

:angry: :angry: I'm not able to get any exercising in when I have nights like this:angry::angry:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    :cry: Hi all I just want to vent a little. I would like to find time to exercise but my last two nights have been like this: I work until 5:30 and sometimes I'm here till 6:30. My husband calls and hes had a few beers already as I'm on my way home. He tells me his dad is coming out cause I am the only one in the family that can bring pictures up on the computer to view a family CD of photos that a family member sent him. He was there till 10:30. I ate hot dogs then cause I didn't feel like cooking anything else, I was exhausted. I liked helping his dad out though so I didn't think anything of that night. But last night then I got a call before I could leave work saying that my grandkids mom (new mom with a newborn and a 2 1/2 year old) was having a bad day so I picked them up and brought them home with me. Well I loved seeing my grandkids and helping mom out but then my husband called his mom and dad and had them come out to see the baby. Every one left our house about 10:30 so I ate shells and cheese for supper. And my husband was on the farm burning dead grass from the ditches when the fire department came rushing to the site. ( He invited all these people over and then went back on the farm by himself to drink beer) They weren't too happy he didn't notify them of a controlled burn.

:angry: :angry: I'm not able to get any exercising in when I have nights like this:angry::angry:

Start saying no. You're such a good hearted person that you always want to take care of everyone else. You need to put yourself first and tell these people you have things to do . :flowerforyou: Tell them you want to be healthy so you can be around to watch the kids and grandkids grow. And trust me, we all want you here. :smooched: Take care of you. Set up a schedule something like...Mon, Wed, Fri, I'm going to workout. And let them know that Mon, Wed, and Fri are your days to take care of you. I think you deserve 3 hours a week to take care of yourself mom. And if they don't like it, too bad. I know you love to spend time with the grandkids, but they are taking advantage of you. Put you first. I'm sure you had bad days with us (well of course, not me. Jeff and Jen only...I'm an angel :bigsmile: :tongue: ) and you had to deal with it. You don't just shove them off on someone else. :flowerforyou: You can eat quick things that are low cal too. Lots of great, quick, low cal things you can eat when in a hurry. Also, you can eat these other things too, within reason and watch the portion size. You've got a lot on your plate and you have every right to ask for an hour a day to take care of yourself. :flowerforyou:

:heart: you :smooched:

Take care of you and start saying no :flowerforyou:
  • kellch
    Options
    Oh and anytime you need some suggestions on quick, healthy things to eat, ask someone here or post a thread and watch the responses poor in. :flowerforyou: I'm sure there are plenty of people here that know low fat things you can prepare with in 10-15 minutes :flowerforyou:
  • plantlady99
    Options
    I agree with Kellch. You have to let your family know you need time for your health. It is so important. In my situation, my parents knew I had some down time during the day. Before I got into my exercise routine I would spend more time with them. I mean a lot of time with them. Not, that they need care, I just wanted to sit with them. Well, now that I am on a exercise routine I can not visit as much as I use to. I call but, not take the time to visit every day. I told them I had to spend time at the gym for my health. They were fine with it. It was me that put all the burden on myself. They completely understood. Now, I try to see them once a week and call at least every other day. I hope you can understand what I just ranted.

So, take the time to let your family know you are doing it for your well being. (Health) That might work.

Like Kellch said and probably said it so much better then me. Take the time. Write it down. Even if it is only three days a week to start. Its a start.

Kathy
  • plantlady99
    Options
    :flowerforyou: dkell,

I agree with Kellch. You have to let your family know you need time for your health. It is so important. In my situation, my parents knew I had some down time during the day. Before I got into my exercise routine I would spend more time with them. I mean a lot of time with them. Not, that they need care, I just wanted to sit with them. Well, now that I am on a exercise routine I can not visit as much as I use to. I call but, not take the time to visit every day. I told them I had to spend time at the gym for my health. They were fine with it. It was me that put all the burden on myself. They completely understood. Now, I try to see them once a week and call at least every other day. I hope you can understand what I just ranted.

So, take the time to let your family know you are doing it for your well being. (Health) That might work.

Like Kellch said and probably said it so much better then me. Take the time. Write it down. Even if it is only three days a week to start. Its a start.

Kathy
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,983 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I absolutely agree with all that has been said. If you had to go to dialysis or some other treatment for a life and death condition your family wouldn't expect you to drop everything and look after them. Treat your exercise like dialysis----like you'll die if you don't get the exercise treatment.

Keep low cal healthy and easy to fix foods in the fridg so you can grab them when you're in a hurry.

I write down my meal plan ahead of time so when it's time to eat I know what to grab (even cereal and milk or yogurt and, fruit is a quickie or frozen veggies cooked the microwave)

You're worth the effort.:heart::bigsmile:
  • dkell
    Options
    :flowerforyou: thanks guys it'll take time to get things changed around but I'm going to work on it.:flowerforyou:
  • dkell
    Options
    Oh and anytime you need some suggestions on quick, healthy things to eat, ask someone here or post a thread and watch the responses poor in. :flowerforyou: I'm sure there are plenty of people here that know low fat things you can prepare with in 10-15 minutes :flowerforyou:
    :heart: :heart: thanks daughter, how did you get to be so smart????:heart::heart:
  • kellch
    Options
    :heart: :heart: thanks daughter, how did you get to be so smart????:heart::heart:

I think I get that from you :wink:

:smooched:
  • dkell
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Does anyone out there have favorite exercise that you look forward to doing?:indifferent:
  • kellch
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Does anyone out there have favorite exercise that you look forward to doing?:indifferent:

Before I started TaeBo........I walked..........love walking and I lost my first 20 lbs doing just that.

Oh........but it's cold there :tongue: You can walk at the highschool :flowerforyou: :smokin:

Ok......and I'm not 50+..........I guess I should stop posting here :embarassed: :laugh: