WEEK 1- Jillian Michaels Killer Buns & Thighs**CLOSED**

Options

Replies

• ShannonWinger
    ShannonWinger Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Did level 1 again this morning and it was much harder today. More than likely the Krispy Kremes I had for breakfast and not drinking enough water yesterday. Got to get with it.
  • ShannonWinger
    Options
    Just went and got my ankle weights. 10 lbs adjustable! And decided to get a pair of 8 lb hand weights. I have been doing 5 lbs. Excited and a little nervous about working out with these tonight. Just hoping I can stick with the advanced moves with the higher weights!

Awesome! I need to get some too just not sure when I can get out next. I don't live near anything so have to wait until I need to get out for groceries.
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Just went and got my ankle weights. 10 lbs adjustable! And decided to get a pair of 8 lb hand weights. I have been doing 5 lbs. Excited and a little nervous about working out with these tonight. Just hoping I can stick with the advanced moves with the higher weights!

Sounds awesome!! Take baby steps with it!! You got this...Nothing to be nervous about..Dig deep and go for it!!
  • SexyCook
    Options
    Did level 1 again this morning and it was much harder today. More than likely the Krispy Kremes I had for breakfast and not drinking enough water yesterday. Got to get with it.

I am sure but those Krispy Kremes sure do sound nice!!...Mines was MUCH HARDER with weights...I even did most of the advanced this time...Getting strtonger:drinker:
  • ShannonWinger
    Options

I am sure but those Krispy Kremes sure do sound nice!!...Mines was MUCH HARDER with weights...I even did most of the advanced this time...Getting strtonger:drinker:

That is so cool! I was thinking of y'all this morning while I was suffering through mine thinking, "How on earth are they doing this when those ankle weights!"
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Wow I have never been so impressed than I am around all you hard working ladies :D Unfortunately my week didn't take the turn I was hoping for. I had to go walking out of necessity for job hunting and walked an insane 9 miles yesterday basically straight and was hurting when I got home :( (who knew walking could be so dangerous lol) Then today I had to do another walk which was only 5 miles but I'm feeling it so have taken a mini break from KBT, the thought of doing it makes my legs scream! So hopeful all well tomorrow I will get back on and push for more advance moves with weights but no ankle weights for me at this time :)

@sweetwater I am craving Krispy Kreme now but none in sight where I live :(
  • brnsgrsbody
    brnsgrsbody Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Holy cow yall, I finished level 2 this morning and almost cried to push my way through. I really know I need that one and I am now terrified of level 3, LOL!!! I burned 470 calories but felt like 800 calories.....
  • brnsgrsbody
    brnsgrsbody Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Ok enough about my own workout....you ladies have been doing amazing!!!! I am so excited to be a part of such a group of dedicated ladies. If I didn't have you ladies to look at during this journey I would have doubted myself. Thank you!!!
  • SexyCook
    Options
    Wow I have never been so impressed than I am around all you hard working ladies :D Unfortunately my week didn't take the turn I was hoping for. I had to go walking out of necessity for job hunting and walked an insane 9 miles yesterday basically straight and was hurting when I got home :( (who knew walking could be so dangerous lol) Then today I had to do another walk which was only 5 miles but I'm feeling it so have taken a mini break from KBT, the thought of doing it makes my legs scream! So hopeful all well tomorrow I will get back on and push for more advance moves with weights but no ankle weights for me at this time :)

@sweetwater I am craving Krispy Kreme now but none in sight where I live :(

Take care honey!! NO injuries...You will be back rocking and rolling with us in no time!
  • SexyCook
    Options
    Holy cow yall, I finished level 2 this morning and almost cried to push my way through. I really know I need that one and I am now terrified of level 3, LOL!!! I burned 470 calories but felt like 800 calories.....

Hey that sounds great...You got thru it and that speaks volumes...I fee the same about everyone here..If I hadnt decided to let rock this together along with GoldenGirl it wouldnt give me the push i needed to make it thru and Stacy Level 2 go on then girl!
  • SexyCook
    Options
    Today i will be doing day # 4 on this workout I am feeling pretty good my hips and thighs are no longer sore yay lol... Yesterday I did sum of the advance moves... Today i will try and do the full workout in advance mode!!!

Go for it..I know you can DO ADVANCE my friend...This is a piece of candy I mean cake to you..LOL
  • leeslim4life
    leeslim4life Posts: 371 Member
    Options

Way to push through the pain! You'll cry now and laugh later! Keep on Pushing through!!! You're doing great!
  • Gemini_1980
    Gemini_1980 Posts: 349 Member
    Options

You got a great burn on that one! Those were tears of joy:bigsmile: creating those killer buns and thighs:happy:
  • susanjackson66
    susanjackson66 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Did the workout tonight with 8 lb ankle weights and 8 lb hand weights! My goodness. What a workout! You can really feel the difference when wearing ankle weights. I am still recovering! Still didn't get a great burn, but I know I got a great workout!. Cant wait to do this workout again in the morning. Everyone have a great evening. I should sleep like a baby!!Lol:happy:
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    My WORD, those ankle weights look super tough! I don't even know if I could walk with 15 lb ankle weights on.

I've been bad again yesterday and ate too much. Darn you Krispy Kreme for being so good!!! I've got to get back to eating better if I'm going to do this. Back to level 1 for me today. I am still really sore from level 3 the other day. Probably should have done level 2 more before moving up. Probably need to pick up some sort of ankle weights next time I'm out. My butt hasn't felt the burn yet. I've been sore in my thighs and other places but not my butt yet.

I gave into poppycock today instead of the fruit I brought with me...And sugar goes straight to my thighs.... Grrrr!

If you are not feeling your butt make sure you are squeezing isometrically. Also, a lot of women, especially quad dominant women like me, have trouble activating glutes. Try stretching out your quads and then doing the glute bridge or other glute activation exercise (google them) before beginning the DVD. Hope that helps

I'm bad at weeks, are we switching over to level 2 today or tomorrow? I am going to try to do level 1 in the am and level 2 in the pm. That way I will have 7 level 1s I think? Dreading it but it will earn me a rest day in the middle of level 2, which it sounds like I'll need! I do advanced for everything except the side plank, it hurts my shoulders but I will try.
  • leeslim4life
    Options

I gave into poppycock today instead of the fruit I brought with me...And sugar goes straight to my thighs.... Grrrr!

If you are not feeling your butt make sure you are squeezing isometrically. Also, a lot of women, especially quad dominant women like me, have trouble activating glutes. Try stretching out your quads and then doing the glute bridge or other glute activation exercise (google them) before beginning the DVD. Hope that helps

I'm bad at weeks, are we switching over to level 2 today or tomorrow? I am going to try to do level 1 in the am and level 2 in the pm. That way I will have 7 level 1s I think? Dreading it but it will earn me a rest day in the middle of level 2, which it sounds like I'll need! I do advanced for everything except the side plank, it hurts my shoulders but I will try.

Thanks for the stretching tip! I am only on Week 1 Level 1 Day 3. I am planning on doing each level for 10 days, the 1st 5 w/o weights and the last 5 with weights, then I'll move on to Level 2. I am doing all the advanced moves as well except for the side planks, my shoulder isn't at 100% yet. You're working hard, keep it up!!
  • susanjackson66
    susanjackson66 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Week 2 Day 3 Level 1 complete. It feels really good to take off those ankle weights after you work out! They make such a difference to workout in.. Good luck today, everyone. Stay motivated!
  • leeslim4life
    Options
    Week 2 Day 3 Level 1 complete. It feels really good to take off those ankle weights after you work out! They make such a difference to workout in.. Good luck today, everyone. Stay motivated!

Way to work Susan! I never thought I would be looking forward to adding weights but, I am so eager to see the change in my body.
    Keep up the great work!
  • SexyCook
    Options
    EVERYONE WE ARE STARTING A NEW FEED FOR WEEK TO....SO IF YOU DONE A WORK OUT TODAY....PLEASE GO TO THE FEED BELOW AND SAVE IT....FOR THIS WEEK..tHANKS

TOPIC: WEEK 2- Jillian Michaels Killer Buns & Thighs**CLOSE*
  • Frenshan
    Options
    How is everyone going with KB&Ts?? It is most def a challenge but I am starting to see some changes already!! Looking foward to the rest of the workouts!! Let's get get get it!!!