30 Day Shred Challenge (September 15-October 15)

Options
Hello all MFP I have decided to start a 30 Day Shred Challenge. This will help keep me motivated to complete this challenge within the next 30 days. I have seen other members who have done the 30DS and they have had some amazing results so I have decided to give it a try. I have had Jillian Michaels 30DS for over a year. I did it for 3 days once I received it and then tossed it aside saying to myself that there was no way I could do this for 30 days. Well there is no more I can’t in my vocabulary. I plan on doing it to the end this time. So my question to everyone is, are you with me?
The challenge began yesterday. I took measurements and before photos. Please feel free to join my challenge even if you have already started it. Post your comments on how it’s going from day to day. Share words of encouragement to your fellow members to help them get through the 30 days.
At the end of the 30 days we can share our before and after photos and measurement loss success.
If you don’t have the 30DS you can purchase it at your local Wal-Mart for only $10.00 or if you have On Demand you can get it free.
So I say again who is joining the 30 Day Shred party with me.

Replies

• zee1957
    zee1957 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Whats a 30DS?
  • PammyKY
    PammyKY Posts: 129
    Options
    Zee the 30 Day Shred is an exercise program by Jillian MIchaels. You can purchase the exercise DVD at your local Wal-Mart or if you have cable you can get it for free On Demand. It's a mix or cardio and strenght training. For the first 10 days you do level one and then for the next 10 days you do level two and the last 10 days you do level three. You can lose up to 20 pounds on this program. I have friends that have done this for 30 days and the results were amazing. I have had this DVD for over a year now and had tried it for 3 days and decided that I just could not do it. This time I am going to push through the pain, sweat and tears and do it for 30 days. Feel free to join us in this challenge.
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Can I join in? I don't plan on doing it every day but at least 3x a week. This is actually my 2nd round - I did level 1 for a month back in June and had amazing results so now I want to get thru level 2 and 3. I did the first day on Monday and plan to do again tonight. I need all the support I can get to get thru all those (spoiler alert :happy: ) planks on level 2.
  • Roc1oM
    Options
    I'll join! :) I started day 1 yesterday! :smile:
  • laurad1406
    Options
    I'm in! I did L1D1 yesterday! I've started this before and have to be honest, had given up. but i can't this time, I have 5 weeks til I go to Mexico, so I have to do this!
  • rtbrwinter
    Options
    I'm sold. I just purchased this DVD today and it will be my first time going through this workout. I'm sure Jillian is going to KILL me physically but I want those results. I am shooting for 20 pounds in 30 days!
  • chocolattahottie
    Options
    yay I started today, can I play? message me!
  • PammyKY
    Options
    Glad to have everyne join in on the challenge. Try you best to do it every day and no matter how much pain JIllian puts you in keep going. Trust me this is my second day and I did not feel like doing it but I made myself do it. You will thank youself in 30 days when you see the results.

For those who are in just add me as a friend and we can do this together. Don't forget to take measurements and before photos. You don't have to post your before photos yet but add your measurements on this post and in 10 days after finishing level 1 we can all see where we are and then hit level 2.

I will tell you the cardio is what's kicking my butt the most because I am so out of shape and I have trouble breathing correctly while doing cardio but I am not going to give up.

I am going on vacation tomorrow and plan on brining my laptop and DVD so I have no excuses why I cannot do it. I don't care if I have to do it at 10:00 at night but I will make sure I get it done before my head its the pillow.

ARE YOU WITH ME. LETS KEEP EVERYONE MOTIVATED..

Each time you feel like quitting or making excuses as to why you can't do it just keep thinking of how AWESOME you will look in 30 days.
  • jaimieht
    Options
    I didn't realize this was on demand... I found level 1 on my on demand so I want to play too :)

I will post my measurements and stuff in the morning, which is when I am starting Day 1 Level 1 :)
  • PammyKY
    Options
    Welcome aboard. I found out a few weeks ago that you can watch it for free on On Demand. Level 2 is also on there but one step at a time :)
  • ReggaeNurse
    Options
    I'm in as well! Day 2 is in the books, and I can't wait to see a newly shredded me in 30 days! Will post my measurements tomorrow. Happy shredding to you all!
  • PammyKY
    Options
    Okay ready to post my measurements.

Day 1
    Waist-42
    Hip around butt- 48 1/2
    bust- 44 1/2
    left thigh- 29
    right thigh- 29
    thigh together- 49
    Weight- 237
  • PammyKY
    Options
    A word of wisdom to all my 30 Day Shred Challengers out there. DO NOT let the scale keep you from completing this challenge. The scale may go up and it may go down. You body is doing things that is is probably not use to doing and as you build muscle the scale may not go the way you want it. Keep your eye on the big picture. How AWESOME you will look when you are done in 30 days.
  • Dinah93
    Dinah93 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit late as I started today, but can I join you all? First day has turned me into a jibbering wreak so I hope it gets easier.
  • PammyKY
    Options
    Yes you are free to join today. We are on day two but there are some who are on day one. Good luck and I know what you mean. The first day I had the shakes for almost an hour. Just remember to fight through the pain and don't give up. We are here to support you if you feel like giving up.
  • lildoggielover
    lildoggielover Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm going to get my workout clothes on now and turn on the tv.
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I'm in as well. Planning on doing my first day after I get home from work today. :)
  • rtbrwinter
    Options
    I have my measurements. I also took pictures. I did my first workout last night and my legs felt like jelly afterward. I was surprised that I didn't have so much pain today so I did my day 2 workout this morning before the pain sets in. :happy: Feeling excited about seeing results still at this point.

Chest: 44 inches
    Waist: 40.75 inches
    Hips: 46 inches
    R. Upper Arm: 15 inches
    L. Upper Arm: 15 inches
    R. Upper Thigh: 27 inches
    L. Upper Thigh: 26.5 inches
    Weight: 171 pounds
  • rubysparkle
    rubysparkle Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Can i join in too?
  • louise_608
    louise_608 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Can I join to? I have just completed day 1 level 1. Need all the support I can get to keep going with this. I completed 3 days last time before I gave up. But 20 minutes a day I can do it!