30 Day Shred Challenge (September 15-October 15)

Options

Replies

• rtbrwinter
    Options
    Just wanted to send a shout out and let you know that I'm still involved in the 30DS. I love it actually...he he he...yeah I feel crazy for saying it but I can feel myself getting stronger and feeling better about myself. I also have been keeping to a strict diet and also do an exercise class at the YMCA.

I have been frustrated that my weight hasn't changed much but I know I'm building lean muscle...I feel like I should just throw the scale out while I'm doing the 30DS because I don't want to be disappointed when I don't see it move. Anyone else feel that way?

Good luck everyone and keep up the great work!
  • cherryObebe
    Options
    Just wanted to send a shout out and let you know that I'm still involved in the 30DS. I love it actually...he he he...yeah I feel crazy for saying it but I can feel myself getting stronger and feeling better about myself. I also have been keeping to a strict diet and also do an exercise class at the YMCA.

I have been frustrated that my weight hasn't changed much but I know I'm building lean muscle...I feel like I should just throw the scale out while I'm doing the 30DS because I don't want to be disappointed when I don't see it move. Anyone else feel that way?

Good luck everyone and keep up the great work!

YES! I do! lol I actually have gained 2 pounds back since doing 30DS.

BUT!!!!!!!! I measured myself today just out of curiosity... I lost 2 inches in my waist, 1.75 in my hips and .5 in my thighs!!!:noway: Now THAT made me happy!!!!
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I know this is really late, but can I join? I actually started on September 12th. I have done all but one day...and did two in one day when I was feeling ambitious. I am officially starting level 2 tomorrow and am terrified! Here were my starting measurements (September 12th):

Bust: 39 (Under breasts)
    Waist: 39.25
    Hips: 43.75
    Arm: 12.75
    Thigh: 26.75
    Weight: 215.6

Here were my measurements as of Saturday 24th:

Bust: 37.5 (Under breasts)
    Waist: 37.5
    Hips: 43.25
    Arm: 12.75
    Thigh: 25.5
    Weight: 210.6

I have not taken any pictures.

Anyone else doing level 2? I am nervous!!!

Diana :)
  • jaimieht
    Options
    I haven't started level 2 yet, but tomorrow is my last day of level 1. I am nervous too, though! :)

Great job!! Keep it up!
  • TheLongRunner
    Options
    Good luck on level 2! I have watched it twice....and it doesn't look too bad.

Diana :)
  • kristinkt
    kristinkt Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    lvl 1 day 4 done
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    L1D7 complete.

It did seem a little easier. I dont know if it was because I was exhausted and maybe wasn't trying as hard as before or if my endurance is up and I am starting to get the hang of it. Either way. Looking forward to tomorrow and excited to get to level 2. Didnt feel nauseous afterwards like I usually do
  • getfitnfab
    getfitnfab Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    May I join as well, I started on the 12th.
    I took off 3 days in the middle due to falling sick.

Graduated to Level 2, someone please pick me up from the floor!

tough one
    this is after doing level 1 for 7 days and one day of banish fat boost metabolism

Here's my workout log if anyone is interested!
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ao6sqzC7jALTdEo4MUUxUFROX2xQNkRCeEhSNjFLdFE&hl=en_US#gid=0
  • PammyKY
    PammyKY Posts: 129
    Options
    Good Morning everyone, I probably won’t start back shredding until Wednesday. I ended up with bronchitis so breathing is difficult so jumping up and down will just make matters worse. I am so glad everyone has continued doing their 30 day shred and I see a couple is on level 2 (AWESOME). Please don’t forget to send me your start measurements and for those who are on level 2 please measure yourself again so that we can see if there is a change after completing level 1.

Welcome aboard all newbie its never to late to join. I’m a bit annoyed because today would have been day 10 for me and tomorrow I would have moved to level 2. Oh well so long as I get back into it that’s all that matters. I know its going to be like starting all over again for me which is why I hated to stop but if the body says stop then I must listen.

You guys keep up the good work and I will repost all names to make sure I am not forgetting anyone in this challenge.

Good luck all and happy shredding.
  • jaimieht
    Options
    PammyKY I hope you get better soon! Take care of yourself!!

Level 1 Day 10 in the books... and I feel ready for level 2. I feel ... good! For the first time after the workout, I feel awesome.

Level 2 will probably kill me all over again... bring it on Jillian :)
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is my last day of level 1, I'm excited to start level 2 but nervous as well. I still need to get heavier weights. Hope you all are having a good shred.
  • TheLongRunner
    Options
    So I did level 2 for the first time tonight! It was awesome. Call me weird....but I was ready to move forward and was looking forward to the challenge that level 2 brought. I actually had sweat running down my face after circuit 2! I am looking forward to seeing what results this workout brings.

:) Diana
  • aj11785
    Options
    I completed LVD9 yesterday and it was great. Call me crazy but I'm getting bored with LV 1 and tonight is day 10 so I feel a light at the end of the tunnel. I've lost two pounds during Lv 1 and feel like I have gained lean muscle. Good luck everyone. I'll post pictures of my progress since I don't have a measuring tape.
  • myskinnyjourney
    myskinnyjourney Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    @cherryobebe thanku for ure suggestions =)...lately iv just been messing up my diet i dunno why partly becoz im seeing no results dats why...today will be my level 1 day 9 ...i know if i dont control my diet theres no point in working hard....gotta controlllllll!!
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Well level 1 is done!!! I'm 1/3 of the way done! Measurements tomorrow and then on to Level 2. Its sad but I'm both nervous and excited. Everyone have a great day. :wink:
  • welcomenuts
    welcomenuts Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    New level two measurements
    Hips 42 (down half an inch)
    Waist 30
    Thigh 24

It's only been a couple of days since I took these measurements, so I knew it wouldn't really move yet.
    Now for the kicker. My weight:

Yep, gained more. I am officially up 6 pounds since starting MFP.
    That is crushing to see in print but I know I have lost inches and I am SO much stronger. I will keep at it, I swear, but I may not weigh in any more. :)

Ready to tackle day 3 of level 2 today. I am really enjoying the challenge of level 2, but my shoulders and elbows do not love that we had to integrate planks into every stinking circuit!! :)
  • jaimieht
    Options
    Level 2 Day 1 done :)

I actually found it easier than level 1, today, because I had gotten to the point that I knew what was coming on level 1 so I just went right into it each time even if Jillian and crew had a tiny breather. So since I had to learn the moves, I got more "rest".

The planks may kill me. :)

I took measurements before starting but I didn't have the trainer at the gym do them, I will do that tonight and it'll probably be more accurate - I am not good at measuring myself. Mine came out all the same as the start except a .25" loss in arms and thighs.

I feel good :)
  • aljamom
    aljamom Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi. I would like to join in so I can have some accountability. I just finished level 1 day 8. I missed yesterday, as we were gone all day and night. So far so good. It was tough and pushups are still so hard, but I am getting through it.
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 3/Level 2. I'd like to join in if possible.
  • getfitnfab
    getfitnfab Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Today I will count as two days for the three days I skipped while sick

I did Week 2 Day 2, 45 minutes of Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and 45 minutes of elyptical