30 Day Shred Challenge (September 15-October 15)

Options

Replies

• welcomenuts
    welcomenuts Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I finished level 1 day 8 yesterday. I still feel like I am going to throw up when I get to the third circuit. I wonder if my heart rate is dropping too fast? I'm way u there during that circuit 2 cardio, then we go to the floor and stay there for a while. When I stand up to do the side lunges is when I get nauseous.
    I did notice that I have some rocking shoulder muscles going on suddenly! I ran out to show my 9yo daughter and she was totally impressed! :laugh:
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    L1D7 is in the books. More importantly the scale moved. It went up when I started and hadn't moved all week. But this AM I was down 1.5 pounds (muppet dance)!

Pammy- I hope you feel better. Take care of yourself. If you need to skip because your sick, skip. But pick back up when you left off. I'll be here to root you on!

Suzandees- I'm happy your rockin' some muscles! Make sure your breathing and not holding your breath I do that from time to time and that will make me dizzy and nauseous.

Aj- I hope it gets easier!

Everyone have a great day!
  • myskinnyjourney
    myskinnyjourney Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    @pammyky thank u for ure suggestions..im thinking of incorporating eat stop eat while doing 30 day shred aswell...just completed level 1 day 6 it felt really boring and monotonous today but thank god i still did it ...il be posting my measurements in a while...the side lunges are still hard and push ups even harder...
  • PammyKY
    PammyKY Posts: 129
    Options
    Hello all, I won't be shredding for a few days. Not sure what I caught because I have not been to the doctor yet but I ran a temp of 101.1 yesterday and even though it has gone down some today it's still not at the normal range. My chest and back feels like someone is sitting on it and my skin feels like little needles all over.

I just wanted to check in real quick and wish everyone good luck this weekend and that I will be thinking about you. I am hoping I start feeling better by tomorrow because I hate missing these days. It only makes it harder to get back into the routine.

Okay time to lay back down.
  • myskinnyjourney
    Options
    my measurements are
    chest 34
    waist 33 1/2
    hips 36
    thighs 18
    arms 10 1/2

weight 125 pounds

and @pammyky take care of ureself and take some rest before u start with the 30 day shred. =)
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    ok I am coming to the thread a little late but I did start it pretty close to the 15th. I think on the 17th took the 19th off cuz I could barely walk and another rest day. So last night was day 5 and today is day 6. I am loving it. Last night I took a peak at level 2 and cant wait to start it! And have been dying to have some 30DS buddies! I took before measurements and pics
  • rubysparkle
    rubysparkle Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Ok L1 D6 finished. I too feel nauseas when i get up off the floor to do the side lunges. Im wondering if it's just from getting up off the floor too quick and feeling dizzy.

My jelly belly is getting slightly firmer i noticed today, but im wondering if i need to up my weights. What size hand weights are you all using?

Feeling great though and I have much more energy now since starting this. I find myself cleaning in the evening whereas i used to be too tired after work. It's all progress!! :smile:
  • welcomenuts
    Options
    PammyKY, I hope you feel better! That stinks that you got so sick, take care of yourself, Jillian will still be there when you feel better! ;)

rubysparkle, I'm using 5 pound weights because thats what I had on hand. I wish I had 2.5 for those side lunges, but instead, I just hold one with both hands, I'm still not strong enough to hold both on that move.
    But I have some shoulder definitioin showing up!

I knocked day 9 level 1 out this morning and didn't feel as nauseous. I think it was because I hadn't eaten lunch yet, that may be the key for me.

Also walked the dog for an hour to gain some extra wiggle room in my calories today because I am going to Octoberfest tonight!

Happy shredding ladies and feel free to add me as a friend, I'm still fairly new to MFP (only 1 month in)!
  • jaimieht
    Options
    I use 5 lb weights. I started with 10 lb ones (ha!) because that is what I had but um... yeah. lol

Level 1 Day 8 in the books... just glad I did it because I was tempted to skip - left my house at 430 am this morning and did not get home until 10 pm... worked all day and was so ready to just crawl into bed...

which is where I am heading. happy shredding!
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Completed day 6 today before going to work and trying very hard to stay at my calorie goal bcuz I really REALLY want to see some results from this. Anyways, thanks all of you for being here for support and someone to talk to about it ;) see you all tomorrow for L1D7!
  • aj11785
    Options
    LV1D8 is complete and I feel so much better today, the 1st circuit of cardio is still kicking my butt though. By the 3rd circuit I'm giving it my all and I can tell a difference. Good luck everyone only two more days and I'm off to level 2.
  • rubysparkle
    rubysparkle Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    L1 D7 Done. Phew those last rounds off abs kicked me today.

Im using 1kg weights (not sure what that is in lbs) thinking maybe i need to increase them. Im now off to the gym for more cardio :)
  • kristinkt
    kristinkt Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I would like to join in with you! My daughter and I started this past week. Today will be Level 1 Day 4. My dd read that some ppl do each level for 2 weeks & we were thinking of trying that out since we seriously feeling the pain of Level 1. Last night I figured that I was not doing the bicycle crunches correctly, and now that knot Jillian talks about is plain and clear.
  • myskinnyjourney
    Options
    just completed level 1 day 7...
  • jaimieht
    Options
    Level 1 Day 9 in the books... still sore from last nights so it wasn't my most stellar :)

But looking forward to moving on to level 2 after tomorrow! And somewhat dreading it as well, lmao...
  • cherryObebe
    Options
    Today I will be on L1D7. I am taking 1-2 days off per week based on the advice of a physician. In addition to 30DS, I was also attempting to complete C25K and have started playing tennis regularly. In W2 I injured myself. I believe my soleus, sigh. So, for now I am taking it easy on the C25K and doing 45 minutes of walking at 3 mph instead with my 5-6 days a week of 30DS. Personally, I am finding that I gained a pound, which is really not much BUT it is opposite of what I intended. lol It was nice to read other people are experiencing that as well and I am not alone. I love this group and am so happy that I joined in! I just hope that no one gets on my case that I am not doing 30 days straight...

@anasmal
    i really need tips on wat should i eat...normally my day starts at 7 i eat breakfast 2 egss 1 toast...den i come back home by 5ish and as im in university the food in the cafe is crap so i dont eatt anything until 5 ...and i know u guys will say to take my own but wat if on days i dont wat should i do ?...and den i get back home by 6ish i have my meal and den exercise and den i goto sleep ...wat are u guys doing ?? and i just completed day 4 of level 1 lovingg it =D

I am also a student and pull 11-12 hours days on campus with the exception of a dinner break on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I have also found it hard to not only eat while I am walking to classes, but to also hit my calorie intake on those days. I spoke with my clinical nutrition professor about this and now bring a bunch of goodies with me everyday to eat along the way. The things I bring consist of: string cheese, almonds, packs of apple slices, protein powder in a blender cup with an individual almond milk to pour in and blend, and KIND fruit and nut bars. I have even brought a sandwich, but find that I have to eat it too fast! I have a neoprene lunch bag that I bought at Target (I think) and I toss the items that need cooled into it along with a small ice pack and toss it in my school bag and the other snacks that don't need cooled just go into a pocket in my school bag. I also got a neoprene sleeve for my water bottle. It fits a 1L SmartWater perfectly, so I carry that with me and find that I drink the whole liter before dinner break and it stays cool, even in this Arizona desert!

I hope some of this helps you! If you have any questions at all, feel free to send me a message!
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    L1D7 is done. I need to up my weights. I have 1, 3, and 8 pounds. The 8 pounds are too heavy and the others are too light. So I need to find some 5 pound weights (Of course I went to the store and they were out of the 5 pounders.) I really getting bored with Level 1 and can't wait until Thursday to start Level 2. And now that I said that you can remind me of it when I'm whining on how hard it is!!! Everybody have a great day.

@CherryObebe - I'm also doing the c25k 3 times a week. However, I'm switch levels about every 1.5 weeks cause I need a little extra training. I hope your injury heals quickly.
  • welcomenuts
    Options
    I totally cheated and went ahead and started level 2 today. My 17yo son was here with me today and I thought it would be good to have a buddy for my first day on level 2. So, I'll do 11 days at level 2.
    Wow is all I can say!! I made it, but barely. There were lots of modifications, but it went so fast, that I was doing the harder version without even realizing it. :)

My shoulders are screaming at me, but I did it! Happy dance!!

I'll weigh in and measure tomorrow.

Happy shredding!
  • kristinkt
    kristinkt Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Here are my measurements - Hoping it is okay to jump in

cw: 193

B - 44
    W - 41
    H - 47.5
    T - 26
    A - 14
  • cherryObebe
    Options
    L1D7 is done. I need to up my weights. I have 1, 3, and 8 pounds. The 8 pounds are too heavy and the others are too light. So I need to find some 5 pound weights (Of course I went to the store and they were out of the 5 pounders.) I really getting bored with Level 1 and can't wait until Thursday to start Level 2. And now that I said that you can remind me of it when I'm whining on how hard it is!!! Everybody have a great day.

@CherryObebe - I'm also doing the c25k 3 times a week. However, I'm switch levels about every 1.5 weeks cause I need a little extra training. I hope your injury heals quickly.

I too need heavier weights. I have been using 3 lb weights, but am going to buy 5 lb weights this week. I might still use the 3 lb weights on the anterior hand raises with side lunges if the 5's are too much at first. I am not bored. I envy you! I am still struggling with pushups and sometimes in the cardio. Each day is different, but I have definitely come a long way in the past week!

I hope my injury heals quickly too. It bothers me in the butt kicks in 30DS so I go easy on those. I can't wait until it gets better and I can do C25K too!

Edit: L1D7 done! :happy: