30 Day Shred Challenge (September 15-October 15)

Options

Replies

• PammyKY
    PammyKY Posts: 129
    Options
    I am okay during the first cardio, but after the first set of push-ups I am ready to scream. It makes everything else harder to do. By the time she moves to the second set of push-ups my arms feel like jelly. I am going to try my best to do Day 5 without stopping. I guess time will tell. Will post later.
  • PammyKY
    Options
    Okay Day 5/Level 1 completed. I was able to control my breathing a little better and was able to do all the push-ups. I can feel like I am getting stronger and can't wait to retake my measurements after I have done 10 days. My arms still feel like jello and my abs are sore. I plan on taking some aspirin before and after my workout which should help keep the pain under control.

I am so glad I decided to do this 30 day shred challenge and really glad that I have you great folks that are doing it with me. I know in 30 days we are all going to look great.
  • aj11785
    Options
    I want to join I need motivation. I just finished LV1D5 and I realize that my upper body is way weaker then my lower body. Is it bad that I'm still doing the push-ups on my knees? I hate the jumping jacks the sound of my chunky belly flopping around kind of creeps me out. That's why I'm doing this though, I want to be tone and healthy and shrink this baby belly of mine. I feel it in my shoulders more then anything but I'm pushing through. I don't have a measuring tape so I think I'm just going to do the pictures. Wish you all luck. Hopefully day 6 tomorrow will be easier. I'm still working up a great sweat so that is a good thing in my book.
  • DoDGeRsBaBe316
    Options
    I want to join in...i started the DVD this Monday and I need some motivation !!!
    :happy:

10619607.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • PammyKY
    Options
    AJ, its funny that you said that because I was just telling my husband that my lower body is much stronger then my upper body. Don't feel bad that you are still doing pushups on your knees. I am as well and have no shame in it. You have some people who are not overweight that can't do a regular pushup. Yeah I am not a fan of jumping jacks either. Not only is my below jumping all over the place but so is my chest. I used a sports bar the first day and they actually fell out :). Now I use my everyday normal bras to do my workout. When you chest are as big as mine there is really no bra out there that will keep thme from moving. Although I have to admit I did find one but it was a nightmare to wear.

We would love for you to join and I will add you to our list.

Good luck and can't wait to see your photos.
    I want to join I need motivation. I just finished LV1D5 and I realize that my upper body is way weaker then my lower body. Is it bad that I'm still doing the push-ups on my knees? I hate the jumping jacks the sound of my chunky belly flopping around kind of creeps me out. That's why I'm doing this though, I want to be tone and healthy and shrink this baby belly of mine. I feel it in my shoulders more then anything but I'm pushing through. I don't have a measuring tape so I think I'm just going to do the pictures. Wish you all luck. Hopefully day 6 tomorrow will be easier. I'm still working up a great sweat so that is a good thing in my book.
  • PammyKY
    Options
    DoDGeRsBaBe316 welcome aboard I will add you to the list as well. Please provide me with your measurements so that I can log them in. Good luck and remember we are all in it together.
    I want to join in...i started the DVD this Monday and I need some motivation !!!
    :happy:

10619607.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • PammyKY
    Options
    Just a quick note to all my 30 Day Shred Challengers out there, you MUST follow your diet program in order for this to work. You cannot expect the 30 Day Shred to work if you are still doing bad eating habits. All of that blood, sweat and tears won't be worth it if you are eating bad. Take it from me.
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    D4L1 is in the books, it was easier today. AND I can already see a different (muppet dance!!!) I still have a long way to go but its nice to know its working. PammyKY you mentioned the diet plan, where do I find that? Its no in the DVD case, is it part of the DVD? I eat as clean as I can so I'm not too worried about it but it would be nice to know. I understand the problems with bras. You can tell Jillian is not big busted. I where 2 sports bras for the jumping jacks lol.

Here's my stats as of Sunday September 18:

current weight 252.5
    waist 43.5
    hips 47
    right thigh 28.25
    left thigh 28.50
    right calf 17.25
    left calf 17.50
    right arm 15.50
    left arm 15.75
    bust 45.75

Good luck all and keep shredding! I'm proud of each and every one of you.
  • PammyKY
    Options
    Howboutto there is no diet plan in the DVD case. I guess what I was trying to say was make sure you watch your calorie intake. No need to work your butt off and not watch your diet because all that hard work would be for nothing.

I guess I should try using two sports bras instead of one. Heck at one point I thought about using an ace bandage around them and then put my sports bra on.
    D4L1 is in the books, it was easier today. AND I can already see a different (muppet dance!!!) I still have a long way to go but its nice to know its working. PammyKY you mentioned the diet plan, where do I find that? Its no in the DVD case, is it part of the DVD? I eat as clean as I can so I'm not too worried about it but it would be nice to know. I understand the problems with bras. You can tell Jillian is not big busted. I where 2 sports bras for the jumping jacks lol.

Here's my stats as of Sunday September 18:

current weight 252.5
    waist 43.5
    hips 47
    right thigh 28.25
    left thigh 28.50
    right calf 17.25
    left calf 17.50
    right arm 15.50
    left arm 15.75
    bust 45.75

Good luck all and keep shredding! I'm proud of each and every one of you.
  • Howbouto
    Options
    L1D5 is in the books. I'm 1/6 of the way through!! Yeah. I still need to take little breathers here and there but I can tell the difference. I can already do way more push ups! I just wish Level 1, circuit 1 was at the end. My arms feel worn the workout after circuit 1's push-ups. Hope everyone enjoys their shred today. Have a good one!
  • Howbouto
    Options
    PS : PammyKy thanks for answering about the diet program I thought I was missing something. I haven't been going over my calories but my weight has stalled since I started 30DS. I know its because my muscles are building and that makes you retain water (not to mention its my TOM). But its still discouraging, so I'm focusing this week on how good my clothes fitting and the "new" clothes from my closet I haven't been able to wear in a while :)!
  • PammyKY
    Options
    Howboutto, I notice the same thing and thought it was just me. The scale has actually gone up for me rather then down. Yes it's a bit discouraging but I am going to stick it out for the 30 days in the hopes that the scale will eventually go down. If the scale continues to go up and I am staying within my calories then my best bet will probably be not to get on the scale until after the 30 days are up. This way I won't get so discourage that I just quit all together. The push ups are a killer. I would prefer to do them all at once and get them over with rather then going from push ups to something else then back to push ups. Push ups and jump rump are the two things I hate the most in this routine. Oh well no pain no gain. I will be doing day 6 later this evening so wish me luck.
    PS : PammyKy thanks for answering about the diet program I thought I was missing something. I haven't been going over my calories but my weight has stalled since I started 30DS. I know its because my muscles are building and that makes you retain water (not to mention its my TOM). But its still discouraging, so I'm focusing this week on how good my clothes fitting and the "new" clothes from my closet I haven't been able to wear in a while :)!
  • welcomenuts
    welcomenuts Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I just stumbled upon this thread when I was looking for more information on 30ds.
    I started 7 days ago and I also had my scale go up. I did take my measurements yesterday and I have lost inches!! That was from when I first started MFP.

I'm still struggling with some of the things, push ups, and thse side lunges with shoulder raises!!! Those kill me!! The cardio has gotten easier, that's for sure. I was so sore the first two days that I had trouble going up and down the stairs. ;) I honestly thought about sliding down on my bum. :D

I'm not nearly as sore these days and I am super pumped about moving to level 2. I've had this DVD for YEARS and never followed through and made it to level 2!

Hope you guys dont mind me jumping in here!
  • Howbouto
    Options
    I KNOW its not uncommon to stay stagnate or gain when building muscle. I KNOW its discouraging (I'm going through it myself). When you are building muscle you are tearing the muscle fibers and your body makes/sends extra blood to the area to repair and make more muscle. Hence why if you weren't doing a lifting program and start (as I did) you will see a little bit of plateau or gain. But you will lose inches (and clothes will fit better) in the meantime. And every pound of muscle you gain you will burn 50 more calories per day. That means 10 pounds of muscle (which is hard and will take a while) = 500 more calories per week = 1 pounds of fat loss a week. This is why I'm making myself do this. So future weight loss will be easier for me and hopefully the muscle will make me look firm and hot not just skinny and flabby. Sorry this is partial to let other know and reaffirm this to myself :)
  • PammyKY
    Options
    Suzan welcome aboard we would love to have you join us in our 30 Day Shred Challenge. I will add you on the list all you need to do is provide me with your starting measurements (weight, waist, hip, thighs, arms and bust). We are going to retake measurements at the end of each level so this way you can see how you have progressed.

I am going to assume the scale going up is muscle gain so I am not going to worry about it so long as I start loosing inches. Eventually the scale will catch up it just may take some time.

Feel free to share each day of your workout with us. I hope it gets better and I am eager to start Level 2 but only once I can do level 1 without stopping. What I plan on doing is trying to do the modify version of each level until the 30 days are up. Then I am going to go back and do it again for another 30 days but this time at the advance level.
    Hi there!

I just stumbled upon this thread when I was looking for more information on 30ds.
    I started 7 days ago and I also had my scale go up. I did take my measurements yesterday and I have lost inches!! That was from when I first started MFP.

I'm still struggling with some of the things, push ups, and thse side lunges with shoulder raises!!! Those kill me!! The cardio has gotten easier, that's for sure. I was so sore the first two days that I had trouble going up and down the stairs. ;) I honestly thought about sliding down on my bum. :D

I'm not nearly as sore these days and I am super pumped about moving to level 2. I've had this DVD for YEARS and never followed through and made it to level 2!

Hope you guys dont mind me jumping in here!
  • PammyKY
    Options
    Howboutto, so true. I have lost a total of 38 pounds so far but to be honest the only exercise I was doing was walking my dogs 2-3 times per day. While doing that it was like the weight was just coming off. So I thought if I start really exercising the weight will fly off even more. NOT TRUE. I told my husband I was loosing more weight when I was not doing anything but I also know I cannot continue to do that. As you said I may loose the weight but I will have skin loose and just hanging there which is not attractive and I won't have that nice lean look that I am going for.

I have no intentions of giving up regardless of what that scale says. I am going to continue doing what I am doing and see what happens.
    I KNOW its not uncommon to stay stagnate or gain when building muscle. I KNOW its discouraging (I'm going through it myself). When you are building muscle you are tearing the muscle fibers and your body makes/sends extra blood to the area to repair and make more muscle. Hence why if you weren't doing a lifting program and start (as I did) you will see a little bit of plateau or gain. But you will lose inches (and clothes will fit better) in the meantime. And every pound of muscle you gain you will burn 50 more calories per day. That means 10 pounds of muscle (which is hard and will take a while) = 500 more calories per week = 1 pounds of fat loss a week. This is why I'm making myself do this. So future weight loss will be easier for me and hopefully the muscle will make me look firm and hot not just skinny and flabby. Sorry this is partial to let other know and reaffirm this to myself :)
  • Howbouto
    Options
    Great attitude PammyKy!!!! Love it!
  • louise_608
    louise_608 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Have finally gotten round to putting my measurements up:
    Bust: 40 inches
    Waist: 25 inches
    hips: 45 inches
    Thighs: 30

I am currently on Day 4 of Level 1, thankfully I can now stand up and sit down without it hurting quite so much as day 1 and 2!!
  • stephgallipeau
    Options
    I would love to join this group. However I just started Level 1 Day 1 yesterday... is that ok? I could really use the motivation because after day 1 I feel like I could just die if I do it again... but I am determined to keep with it.
  • PammyKY
    Options
    stephgallipeau, not a problem we would love to have you. There are a few that is only on day 3. Please provide me with your measurements so that I can log you in. After your 10 days are up retake your measurements and weight and report back here. I am keeping a spreadsheet for everyone to keep track of progress. Good luck and I wish I can say that the pain will get better but I am on Day 6 and it still hurts. However I will say I am able to do more without stopping. I could not say that on day 1.
    I would love to join this group. However I just started Level 1 Day 1 yesterday... is that ok? I could really use the motivation because after day 1 I feel like I could just die if I do it again... but I am determined to keep with it.