Replies

• Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    Everything looks amazing!
  • Nikkie_too
    Nikkie_too Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Here's the Tuscan Bean Stew from Cook's Illustrated bubbling away.

The soup/stew starts with pancetta sauteed until the fat renders. Then carrots, celery, onions, 8 cloves of garlic!, and soaked beans are added to chicken broth and water. The whole pot comes to a simmer, then continues to near-simmer in the oven until the beans are tender. Kale and tomatoes are added later, along with a spring of rosemary that is submerged for 15 minutes then removed, adding just enough flavor without overpowering the dish. I've made it a few times and LOVE it.

Super healthy too (pancetta notwithstanding). :)

tuscanbeanstew.jpg
  • codycaca1
    codycaca1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    That buffalo chicken and smashed potatoes look amazing!!!
  • fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    That soup looks great Nikki! Gonna definitely try this one!
  • Nikkie_too
    Nikkie_too Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the mediocre photo. This is one of my favorite go-to recipes and was for dinner tonight alongside some garlic smashed potatoes and steamed broccoli.

Salmon with dill "pesto"

salmonwithdillpesto.jpg

1 lb of salmon filets
    1 bunch of fresh dill
    1 clove of garlic
    1 Tbsp lemon zest (grating works well - careful to get only the yellow part of the skin - the white pith underneath is bitter)
    1/2 Tbsp olive oil
    Salt & Pepper to taste

Pat the salmon dry and place it on a baking sheet (on foil for easy cleanup).

Whizz remaining ingredients in a food processor/blender, or bash in a mortar and pestle (stress-relieving), or pulverize in a mini chopper, or just spend a little quality time with a good knife mincing everything.

Spread dill mixture over the salmon and bake at 400 degrees F for about 15 minutes - maybe 20 minutes for filets over 1" thick. Try not to overcook.

Squeeze a little fresh lemon juice over the filet(s) after cooking.

** You can add other herbs too - parsley and chives are lovely with dill.
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    OMG!!!!! As soon as my oven is fixed I'm buying some salmon!
  • pixlamarque
    pixlamarque Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Everything looks good. You guys are making me want shrimp and mashed potatoes. We are making tilapia, pecan chicken, and brisket this week. I'll try to get some pictures up. I still haven't had a chance to make my homemade light box but I'm keeping an eye out for a cardboard box that is big enough.

And yes, it was Quorn (the meal starter crumbles). I got it at Whole Food. The Target that I also shop at does not have the Quorn crumbles but they do have Boca burger and MorningStar. I was really impressed with the Quorn. I am pretty anti-food substitutes ("fake" meat, cauliflower "potatoes", etc), but this totally would have fooled me if I hadn't made it myself.
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    6271b564.jpg

Braised Short Ribs with Egg Noodles
    Cooking Light
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    4a1f54c7.jpg

Grilled Chicken with Queso Sauce and Cilantro Lime Rice
    Weight Watchers
  • pixlamarque
    pixlamarque Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    [img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q22/pixlamarque/Food Pics/2011-11-08_20-09-23_118.jpg[/img]

Honey Pecan Chicken Thighs (Southern Living via myrecipes.com)

Not a pretty photo, but I swear this was so good that my plate was practically licked clean before I even thought about a picture so I just snapped the leftovers going into the fridge. Don't go into calorie shock when you see the recipe. The amount of Dijon and honey needed for this is far less than what is listed and if you pulse the pecans in your food processor and then only sprinkle them on top of the thighs you can probably cut that amount down as well (you cook this on a rack so pecan on the bottom just drop off anyway). The serving size is two thighs, but a normal meal for me would include a dinner salad and a good amount of veggies, so normally I would only eat one. The honey mustard sauce with the curry powder is what truly makes this recipe amazing. You could easily make just the sauce to serve with panko breaded and baked chicken strips for an fast easy meal. This will definitely be made again.
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    Ok that looks amazing!! Sooooo gonna make this one!
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    9062c553.jpg

Cupcakes for my daughters 2nd Birthday! Lemon-Raspberry Cupcakes!!!
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    2948de4a0533__1321114067000.jpg
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    Love soda bread!!
  • kimsy1222
    Options
    29b0c454.jpg

Dinner tonight... Buffalo Chicken Thighs with Buttermilk-blue cheese Smashed Potatoes
    Cooking Light Magazine-September issue

Yes, please!!! <3
  • MrsJax11
    MrsJax11 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    387480_10150391348309647_507609646_8335374_1695529020_n.jpg

Parmesean Panko Crusted Chicken
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    Parmesan and Panko... How can you go wrong?!

1f8e5d95.jpg

My version of pixlamarque's Honey-Pecan Chicken Thighs with Ina Gartens Roasted Winter Vegetables....

I recommend you all try this too!
  • kami89
    kami89 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • MrsJax11
    MrsJax11 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Angel -- can you post that recipe for the pecan chicken? It looks awesome!
  • codycaca1
    codycaca1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    ahhh here is the picture of those pecan chicken thighs.. they look even bettter than they sound!! I am going to have to try making these sometime this week!!