Options
    olives. BLEH.
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    cilantro. yuck
    How can anyone hate cilantro? Its the perfect spice! lol

I love onions, garlic, and olives.

I HATE FISH. All seafood, really. Anchovies? My god, get it away!
    and mushrooms, and tomatoes...
    raw carrots...
    plain milk...
    malts...
    coconut.

Think thats about it
  • Maria_Goose
    Options
    Pecans and cashews... especially pecans. Just looking at them grosses me out, and it's so awful biting into some dessert with surprise pecans. I actually really hate most nuts, but those two are the worst

AGREED! Yuck!

So where did lima beans come from?? Those have got to be the most disgusting thing I've ever had! I remember when I was a kid and we were eating dinner outside. On my plate: a mix of vegetables with a generous population of lima beans. I flung them individually with my spoon across the yard! Haha! Mom wasn't too happy, but dad didn't mind. He hates lima beans too.

Long live the onion! =p
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Anything that ever lived in water. And if I'm eating meat and hit gristle or bone I'm done and can't eat the rest of it.
  • emily773
    Options
    For me, it's ranch dressing. Ever since Ally McBeal!
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    There are few foods I do not like. But there is one that literally makes me retch. Even the smell turns my stomach and has me gagging...

...peaches.

And based on the general reaction I get to this revelation, I am the only person in the world who feels this way. Lol.

(Close second, but only the taste, not the smell, makes me gag: mango.)
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Bananas and mayo... gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag!

I agree with whoever said mayo is liquid fat. I live in the south and tomato sandwiches are a way of life in the summer. It would gross me out to see my parents lick the knife after spreading the mayo on their sandwich.
  • songofserenity81
    songofserenity81 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Bananas for me, I cant even be in the same room as someone who is eating one, the smell makes me feel physically sick.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    cilantro. yuck
    Bingo! Reading all the posts, I kept thinking, "I love that! Those are my favorite! Got a jar of those in the fridge now, I should go get some!". LOL

But cilantro I just cannot stand - I hate the smell and the taste - it's very pungent. Blech.

I used to work in a supermarket produce department, and I hated having to put cilantro out because then my hands would smell like it for awhile. But I found that most people either love it or hate it - there's very little in between with that one.
  • lauram_23
    lauram_23 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I hate mushrooms but love using mushroom soup for sauce.
    I hate onions but loved pickled onions ( the big yellow ones not the little white ones!) and onion dip.
    I hate tomatoes but love ketchup, tomato soup, tomato sauce etc.

There are many things that I do not like but these are the ones that I find the weirdest considering..
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    cilantro. yuck
    How can anyone hate cilantro? Its the perfect spice! lol
    Not perfect in my book! LOL So many others to choose from - basil, parsley, oregano, thyme, etc etc. Just can't stand cilantro. :tongue:
  • Peque1130deleted
    Options
    Papaya- it smells like vomit!!
    Green (bell) peppers- They taste nasty!!
  • kelseylou
    kelseylou Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    The number one discusting food of all time: ONIONS!!!

Absolutely the same issue for me! I love pickles, but not on sandwiches. They have the same gagging effect on me if they're on sandwiches, just as onions do. Mushrooms are another for me - one got stuck in my throat when I was little, and I haven't been able to eat them since!
  • lindzmt22
    Options
    Brussel sprouts!! And sprouts in general!! Yuck
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Bananas and mayo... gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag!

I agree with whoever said mayo is liquid fat. I live in the south and tomato sandwiches are a way of life in the summer. It would gross me out to see my parents lick the knife after spreading the mayo on their sandwich.

haha, growing up we ate banana and mayo sandwiches...yummo!
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Water chestnuts, mushrooms, olives, & that's all I can think of at the moment.
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    cannot stand cottage cheese. that's about it! I love food, that is why I married a chef and am now trying to lose 20 lbs! lol
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    this could get long lmbo I`m very picky

tomatoe (however I do like ketchup)
    Mayo (can`t stand to even look at it just fat sitting there ugh and gag)
    pea`s
    mustard
    hummus( tried to like this but its just not good )
    cooked green peppers ( I can handle them cold but cook them and the smell kills me)
    meat loaf (discusting)
    Onions
    relish
    deer meat can not even be in the house while its being cooked the smell makes me gag something aweful
    the yoke in a hard boiled egg (only the yoke I`m good with the white part)

I have more but you get the idea
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Must admit, I love most foods...

Not fond of blue cheeses (Danablau, Stilton, Gamberzola etc) as it tastes odd... oh and buttermilk as a drink (my Dutch friends used to drink a huge glass and I'd want to gag) although it's brilliant for baking with.

Also, I cannot eat oranges or any kind of cirtus fruits as I cannot break them down and they end up as stringy mush in my mouth. Fresh orange juice makes me gag, becasue it reminde me of eating oranges, but I LOVE chocolate & biscuits flavoured with orange-oil.

Cold coffee... disgusting!

I love onions, olives - green, black or brown, tomatoes, humous, cottage cheese, pecans, etc etc :tongue:
  • StaceKaiman
    Options
    On thing comes to mind when I think gag reflex and food and that would be Cottage Cheese, yuck the texture really gets to me.