Foods that make you gag...

Options

Replies

• Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I once tried a fruit that was given to me from a chinese restaurant. I actually am too embarassed to tell you what it tasted like. :blushing: :laugh:
  • Lsqueezy
    Options
    I will eat almost any vegetable raw, but cook it and ew! Strange smells start coming from perfectly tasting veggies! To name a few:

Carrots
    Spinach
    Broccoli
    Cauliflower
    Perfectly tasty raw, super smelly cooked.

Mayo is the devil's condiment. Disgusting tasting and disgustingly bad for you! It is just eggs and oil! blech.
  • plc765
    plc765 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Mayo! It's just liquid fat! I especially get grossed out when someone is eating a sandwich and the mayo oozes out... Ewww!
    Same here! I can't stand Mayo! Never have, never will! Makes me wanna gag just thinking about it! :sick:
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    QUOTE:

Bananas and mayo... gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag!

I agree with whoever said mayo is liquid fat. I live in the south and tomato sandwiches are a way of life in the summer. It would gross me out to see my parents lick the knife after spreading the mayo on their sandwich.

haha, growing up we ate banana and mayo sandwiches...yummo!

that's one my parents missed!!! ...and the visual just about made me pass out!
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I know a lot of people will kick me for this, but I can no longer eat avocado. The texture gives me the heebie jeebies. It's just too smushy and I ended up having some bad avocado in sushi once... that did it for me. Makes me gag every single time. I also don't like black eyes peas - they taste like cigarette ashes
  • aj_rock
    aj_rock Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    The funny thing is, I used to be grossed out by a lot of the things on here, but as I started cutting out a lot of savoury/sweet things from my diet, I found I appreciate distinct tastes a lot better!

Only thing I STILL can't stand is green peppers! Just something about them!
  • Cordy1228
    Cordy1228 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Bananas.
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Pecans and cashews... especially pecans. Just looking at them grosses me out, and it's so awful biting into some dessert with surprise pecans. I actually really hate most nuts, but those two are the worst

AGREED! Yuck!

So where did lima beans come from?? Those have got to be the most disgusting thing I've ever had! I remember when I was a kid and we were eating dinner outside. On my plate: a mix of vegetables with a generous population of lima beans. I flung them individually with my spoon across the yard! Haha! Mom wasn't too happy, but dad didn't mind. He hates lima beans too.

Long live the onion! =p

My son also hates nuts, but he will eat peanut butter. I cannot eat anything gummy. That includes gummy bears, orange slices, jelly beans. As soon as it touches my tongue it is coming right back out. It's embarrassing, but I have to spit it out! :tongue:
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    MUSHROOMS! Not only are they gross, but I just can't get away from the thoughts about what they are actually grown in!!!

Also, any sort of shelfish, especially lobster. Ewww, they look giant sea cockraoches and taste even worse.
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    yogurt. i think it tastes like rot.

i hate hate hate celery.

the other foods i hate are things i am allergic to like peppermint and goat products of all kind. i'm also allergic to flax which i love... it is a giant pain in the butt at whole foods!
  • CassieH818
    CassieH818 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Olives. The smell is gross as well :frown:
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    People will think I am crazy but I cannot stand butter on crab. I was raised eating it with apple cider vinegar and old bay. Butter on it is just sooooooo gross and slimey and just terrible.
  • dogwhisperette
    dogwhisperette Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Steel oats! I just bought some and actually made them 2 times in one day thinking I just had to have cooked them wrong the first time. I love oatmeal thou? go figure!
  • JenCM
    JenCM Posts: 195
    Options
    So far, with a few exceptions...I'd say I love everything everyone else has listed. lol.

My things - Mushrooms (taste like dirt to me)
    Pork...Just eating pigs grosses me out, lol
    Fish. Any fish any shellfish. I don't like the smell, texture, taste...anything. I can choke down some tuna on occasion or some pollock...but anything else, No way.
  • Hootsmamma
    Hootsmamma Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Salmon! My husband LOVES it and I have seriouslly tried to like it (have had it fixed numerous different ways) and no matter what, ...cannot Gag it down! Ugh! I have even tried to disguise it with tarter sauce (to no avail!):sick:

Oh...and liver! YUCK!! It tastes like dirt!
  • iysys
    Options
    People will think I am crazy but I cannot stand butter on crab. I was raised eating it with apple cider vinegar and old bay. Butter on it is just sooooooo gross and slimey and just terrible.

i don't like butter on crab either. i have an aversion to hot oily things. not hot fatty things like fried chicken but hot oily things like cheese, melted butter, bone marrow. :-/
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    There are many foods I don't like, a lot are listed.

Gag-worthy foods... #1 is mustard. The worst thing ever!!
    mayo, mushrooms, and cooked veggies are close. Particularly cooked brocolli, I can't even do the smell.
    :sick:
  • iysys
    Options
    MUSHROOMS! Not only are they gross, but I just can't get away from the thoughts about what they are actually grown in!!!

you know all vegetables grow in that right? fertilizer!
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I've never had brussel sprouts, asparagus, okra, liver, a lot of exotic foods. I don't venture too far from my norm because I'm too picky. I imagine I wouldn't like any of these.
  • exacerbe
    exacerbe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way about cauliflower as I do about Nickelback.

Not a fan of oysters, clams, and dorian either.