Foods that make you gag...

Options

Replies

• sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I really cannot think of a food I really hate...

Which is probably why I am here, I will eat ANYTHING just about.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Salmon - no matter how it's prepared, I cannot force myself to swallow it. I have to spit it out. I've spit it out into a napkin - even at a fine dining establishment. When I was a teenager, I spit it right onto the deck at a family cookout, much to my mother's shock and dismay. It's my all time most-hated food. Getting it out of my mouth is almost an involuntary reaction.

Eggs - they're a close second to salmon. They nauseate me unless they're cooked into something - like cake, brownies, used as a binder in meatballs or as a coating agent in oven-fried chicken.
  • leslielt
    leslielt Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Plain milk. So far, it has been every milk I've ever tried. I can't stand cow, soy, or almond milk by itself. I like it in shakes, cereal, or with chocolate powder though.
    Milk is awesome!!!!!!! Well whole milk not the colored water junk 1%, skim, etc
  • DrPepperLeigh74
    DrPepperLeigh74 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Ever since I was a kid it has been orange marmalade jelly. The thought of the smell and the little stringy things in it makes me want to gag... also I can't stand to smell melted butter...Yuck... I don't like fish either....Gag.... I forgot water chesnuts, they are just yucky too...
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    * lima beans
    * slimy okra (slimy only - I like good okra)
    * offals
  • easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese - horrible lumpy, slimey texture
    Mayonaise - another horrible slimy concoction
    Olives - WAY to salty; bad texture
    Onions - everything about them
    Bacon - come from a southern family but never liked it (I know, very un-American of me)

Hmmmm, can't think of any others right now...

In Asia I had jellyfish tenticles - major gag factor! It was similar to gnawing on slimey rubber bands! :sick: I only tried to eat it to be courteous.

A few other food habits:
    1. Don't like any of my food touching another food (no I don't like casseroles)
    2. Have to eat everything in order, i.e. eat all of the first item I want then move on to the next and eat all I want of it, not going back etc.
  • leslielt
    Options
    Seaweed/ kelp whatever...my coworker tried to get me to eat some...YUCK!!!!! I gagged and spit it out. I don't think it was in my mouth for 5 seconds before it was violently heaved out.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Liver
    Brussels sprouts
    Eggplant/aubergine
    Egg yolks
    Lamb
    Congee
  • Pangui
    Pangui Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    The food I hate the most is WATERMELON. The smell of it makes me want to gag as I run from the room. I have tried it on several occasions because I really wanted to like it, but that smell and taste is soooooo disgusting.

My most hated vegetable is also my favorite vegetable. I HATE cucumbers, but LOVE pickles.

And I could eat an onion raw like an apple.....yum.
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    * lima beans
    * offals

what are offals?
  • leslielt
    Options
    Bananas and mayo... gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag!

I agree with whoever said mayo is liquid fat. I live in the south and tomato sandwiches are a way of life in the summer. It would gross me out to see my parents lick the knife after spreading the mayo on their sandwich.

haha, growing up we ate banana and mayo sandwiches...yummo!

I just gagged a little
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Sour kraut. Try being in the center of the PA Dutch heartlands on New Years and hating the smell of sour kraut. *vomit*

Shoo Fly Pie is another PA Dutch food that I hate. *shivers*

Cilantro, it tastes like dirty soap.
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    * lima beans
    * offals

what are offals?

offal is the bits and pieces, snouts and tails, intestines, organs, and glands.
  • easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    * lima beans
    * offals

what are offals?

offal is the bits and pieces, snouts and tails, intestines, organs, and glands.

OK, that's just NAAAAASTY!
  • Lisa_222
    Lisa_222 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Wow, I don't think there is a food that I don't like. Not surprising. Although that Thai salad at Panara Bread is pretty damn disgusting.
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I really cannot think of a food I really hate...

Which is probably why I am here, I will eat ANYTHING just about.

No wait. I have one.

Menudo.
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Cooked carrots..they are fine raw. Asparagus...only my sister can cook it the right way for me. My flavor pallet has changed dramatically since I starting losing weight. Nothing has any flavor anymore unless I season the heck out of it...There fore I am in love with Mrs. Dash seasoning..(no salt!)

I'm sure there are tons of other foods that I am not a big fan of...but I can't think of any more at the moment.
  • Thamantha
    Thamantha Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Meat (including fish)
    Eggs (but are alright in cakes and muffins)
    Cauliflower
    Aubergine
    Tofu
    Quorn
    Cottage Cheese
    Celery

...probably lots more too. I am a fussy eater :p
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Bananas and mayo... gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag!

I agree with whoever said mayo is liquid fat. I live in the south and tomato sandwiches are a way of life in the summer. It would gross me out to see my parents lick the knife after spreading the mayo on their sandwich.

haha, growing up we ate banana and mayo sandwiches...yummo!

I don't mind a little real mayo..but Miracle Whip is truly disgusting!
    I just gagged a little
  • fittertanme
    fittertanme Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    it has to be pasta with sweetcorn and lots and lots of chilli sauce mmmm