We're Losing It-Biggest Loser Challenge (closed group)

Options
12345679»

Replies

• alisons7598
    alisons7598 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I am willing to contribute to the final prize but I can't until the first of Dec if that is ok? Hope everyone is having a great week!
  • SunSand76
    SunSand76 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi Brandi,

I am happy to contribute $10 for prizes, absolutely! I'll see if there is something I can contribute for prizes and I'll try to think of some suggestions.

The new weekly challenge sounds great..I'm going to have to step up my game - a lot. LOL.

Holly
  • mikeyken
    mikeyken Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm really sorry. I know $10 isn't much but until I have a job i really can't put extra money in. I will still post my stuff, but I can't be part of the prize stuff. Thanks for keeping me motivated.

Goals:
    Keep active by working on the house and doing all my exercises.
    No late night snacking
    decrease eating out.
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Hey folks, I'm thinking about selling my TurboFire program that I bought only a couple months ago. The money-back guarantee time period is passed and I'm just not using it. I guess it's just not my thing. Anyone interested in buying it from me, let me know. Obviously it will be less than retail price:) Figured I'd let my buddies on here know first before I ask the rest of my MFPals.
  • loseit4ever
    loseit4ever Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'm really sorry. I know $10 isn't much but until I have a job i really can't put extra money in. I will still post my stuff, but I can't be part of the prize stuff. Thanks for keeping me motivated.

Goals:
    Keep active by working on the house and doing all my exercises.
    No late night snacking
    decrease eating out.

That's totally fine. You can still be in it for a chance to "win" the challenge and still do all the other challenges that you wish. We'll just do a winner of the people who contribute too. No big deal. I totally understand the no job thing, but I figure spend $10 on junk I shouldn't here and there anyway, so I'm considering this a good cause...lol! I also save my change all the time, so I can take it out of there if I want.
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Hey again!! Here's some new info and questions for you guys...please respond and by the end of the weekend if enough people respond, I'll make a couple of final decsions on how to finalize things.

1) I'm trying to determine final prize. Would you guys be willing to put $10 into our Pay Pal acct or send a check, and we will use it for the final prize and a couple of smaller prizes before the end. Scott and I will put in $20 for us, and we PROMISE this is not a scam!! Person with largest percentage gets the cash at the end. I would also be willing to take suggestions. You can only get the prize if you contribute to it.

2) Beginning this Tuesday, I am offering a new prize challenge for everyone. You are responsible for keeping track of your # of cals burned each day(Tuesday through Monday) and the person that burns the most for the week will get a $10 gift certificate for amazon.com compliments of Scott and I.

3) I need some suggestions for other prize challenges and how to divide up the money if people agree to the final prize thing. I was thinking like 7 or 8 dollars toward the final prize and the rest to help with some other prizes. Or, if anyone would be willing to donate a prize for a challenge that would be awesome too!

Let me know what you think...I need input. And Kim, Scott told me to tell you he's going whip your *kitten* in the calorie burn challenge next week!

Goals -
    1) SWITCH UP MY WORKOUT! I think that's why I'm not losing weight.
    2) Cook my own meals instead of heating something up.

Now to answer your questions.

1) I'm totally in for $10!
    2) LOVE the calories burned idea. I'll be the loser though. I seem to burn calories so much slower than everyone. It's like every 2 ya'll burn I burn 1. Have you thought about switching it up to maybe factor in minutes? Like percentage of minutes exercising and the ratio of calories burned? Too much math for me to figure out how to do it though :)
    3) I like the percentage idea. Maybe $7.5 to final prize and the rest to the other prizes?
  • 2011_4mygirls
    2011_4mygirls Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I am sorry that I did not get to respond before the end of the weekend ---we got home late last night!!

I am in for donating $10!!! AND the Calorie BURN challenge!

ALSO- I would LOVE to donate a brand new Pampered Chef Apple Wedger for one of the weekly challenges (Brandi, I would just mail it to the winner so two of us don't have to pay shipping!!!!)

Thanks for ALL your hard work you have done keeping this challenge going!!
  • pittsblue99
    pittsblue99 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I could do $10 and the calorie challenge sounds like fun. My goals for this week are:

1. cook more and not eat as much "pop-in-the-oven" stuff
    2. attempt to try level 3 of the 30 DS (we'll see how that goes)
    3. drink more water
  • Navallez
    Navallez Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Im in for the $10.00....by when do you need the money?
  • hwilliams519
    Options
    Just out of curiousity....for the final prize....to qualify (with the largest %) does that go all the way back to the beginning of the challenge? Or does that start today?
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I may have a workout DVD or two, or a cookbook to throw in.
  • MamaPru
    Options
    Hello, all! My name is Betsy & I have been a member of this challenge since the beginning but I am just now really starting. Pitiful, I know. I love reading all of your posts and I look forward to celebrating everyone's victories together! I have 4 kids & an awesome husband. I am blessed in every way, but losing weight is the elusive & seemingly impossible-to-conquer issue in my life. Here are my goals for this week:
    1. Drink at least 64oz of water every day
    2. Journal ALL of my food
    3. exercise at least 4 times

I would love & appreciate any encouragement you can provide. You will have mine in return!
    Thanks!!!