The October Challenge

This came about from the post I made earlier, great response so lets do this people. Anyone Welcome!!!!!

I don't want to make this a challenge that excludes anyone and we all have different levels of activity and ability so how about starting 1st October we all come back and and state what our workout is, how many calories you have burned, and each day you have to burn more than you did the day before? Even if it's just by one calorie? Then if someone starts at 100 a day and someone else is starting at 1000 it's not unattainable to anyone?

So your post will look like this =

Workout type:

Calories Burned:

+ (since yesterday):

Also that first day we can add our weight (only if you want to) and update it as often or as little as possible but at the end we all have to know how much you have lost?

We keep this post open and starting next Saturday we can all fill in!

Also, anyone can join at any time in the month of October, every little helps!

Feel free to add me as a friend and I'll remind you all, hahaha

Replies

• I'm here :)
  • I'm in...
  • Louise12
    Louise12 Posts: 389 Member
    BUMP
  • Louise12
    P.s can we take rest days?
  • SlimSadieG
    SlimSadieG Posts: 323 Member
    Wheeey!
  • Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    I'm in! :D
  • AH2013
    AH2013 Posts: 385 Member

You absolutely have to take rest days! I usually work out 5 days a week and take 2 days rest, but not together. I really don't want anyone burning out here, hahaha! Rest days are as important as exercise days to let your muscles heal...apparently they burn more calories then too!!

Bonus..woohoo!! :)
  • awesome challenge, I am in, sending friend request now
  • tammihart
    tammihart Posts: 963 Member
    I am in my only Question is.....
    I take a zumba class 3 days a week. Do I try to up that burn or a more daily exercise routine. I usually do some sort of work out on top of my zumba class.
    Thanks!
  • SlimSadieG
    SlimSadieG Posts: 323 Member
    I take a zumba class 3 days a week. Do I try to up that burn or a more daily exercise routine. I usually do some sort of work out on top of my zumba class.
    Thanks!

Whatever works for you!
  • I'm in! Feel free to add me :) Please someone send reminder..I get lost in the boards lol...
  • Oh anyone feel free to add me :)
  • AH2013
    Thanks!

Hey Tammi

It's up to you to do whatever you think you can challenge yourself with. So if you go to Zumba and only do the same amount each class (sorry, Zumba virgin so no idea what happens, haha) then maybe upping your additional exercises over and above that. For example if you walk over and above your zumba then maybe walk for a few minutes longer each time??
    Just a thought, maybe you can workout a way to do better each day and still fit in what you do just now :)

Welcome by the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy:
  • AH2013
    I'm in! Feel free to add me :) Please someone send reminder..I get lost in the boards lol...

Ha....I'll remind you.....just need someone to remind me!!! Only kidding

Welcome!! :happy:
  • Louise12

You absolutely have to take rest days! I usually work out 5 days a week and take 2 days rest, but not together. I really don't want anyone burning out here, hahaha! Rest days are as important as exercise days to let your muscles heal...apparently they burn more calories then too!!

Bonus..woohoo!! :)

I totally i agree!!! i will get run down if i dont rest. I also take 2 a week and spread them out during the week!
  • Kmarr32010
    Kmarr32010 Posts: 244 Member
    I want in too! I know I'll be out of town for the 1st weekend in October so I might not be able to log for that weekend until I get back on Monday but I'll def be keeping track of my exercise and everything. So, yea, count me in. Add me as a friend to help keep me on track and I'll help you. :) What a great idea Sassy!
  • Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    I'm too excited about this! Plotting adding a little more to my run every day :D
  • xMissAprilx
    xMissAprilx Posts: 143 Member
    I'm in but I'll need a reminder before it starts. Lol
  • Kmarr32010
    Kmarr32010 Posts: 244 Member
    Feel free to add me for any extra support. :)
  • pinklion721
    pinklion721 Posts: 226 Member
    I will love to try this!!! Add me