• Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Reading this is making me feel sick, but I used to eat this way too. lol
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    These things stand out the most in my memory:

Going thru the Taco Bell Drive thru in a different town and then passing an Arby's (which we don't have where I live) so I had to eat again.
    Standing in my kitchen with a fork eating a whole cake right off the serving dish.
    Going to McDonalds in the morning and getting a Sausage McGriddle and a coffee and then hiding the bag and going thru the Burger King drive thru to get cini-minis.
    Not being able to stop eating chips so I threw them away outside in the trash, getting the bag out of the trash and eating more. So then I poured out what was left so my dog would eat them.
    Driving back to work from my Grandma's house (maybe 5-8 mins) to work and eating a whole row of Girl Scout cookies. This was when they were big packs like how Ritz crackers come.
    I am sure there are many many more. I'm glad to know that I'm not alone in my "food" troubles.
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I use to down 2 double cheeseburgers, large fry and a shake like nothing. I think back to this and it sickens me.
    What's yours?

That used to be my lunch at least 3 days a week!~! Now Its a 200 calories homemade chicken pita pocket
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Eat 2 double cheeseburgers on the way home from the grocery store to make dinner. I sometimes would make up an excuse to leave the house just to go to burger king and get 2 double cheese burgers in between meals...
  • teri1956
    teri1956 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    That 1 lb box of Sees Candies and packages of Oreos. Not at the same time tho' ........ does THAT make it better :noway:
  • robinellis
    Options
    I am a binge eater so when my husband would go away to work it wasn't unusual for me to make 50+ homemade spring rolls and eat nothing else for days.
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I actually made myself sick not long ago by eating this from Taco Bell:

chicken quesadilla
    side of nacho cheese
    2 soft tacos + quesadilla sauce
    4 chicken flatbread sandwiches with bacon ranch sauce
    5 cheesy gordita crunches + extra baja sauce
    1 nacho bell grande w/ double meat, cheese, and sour cream
    1 mexican pizza w/ double meat and beans
    2 cheesy fiesta potatoes
    1 diet Pepsi

and when the order taker said "will that be all for you?" I actually had the audacity to reply with "well, not all for me, but yes, that is all." It was all for me, and though there were parts I didn't eat of several items I still ate about 97% of this, and it made me soooo miserable and sick. I swore I'd never do anything like it again. Then just within this last week I had another emotional break and ate a half gallon of ice cream and a tub of chocolate chip cookie dough, and also became miserable and sick.

Monday I weighed in at over 400 pounds for the first time in my life. I'll be under 400 by this upcoming Monday, and I'll NEVER be over it again. Period. I am not going to let food be the death of me. I am surprised it hasn't killed me already.

Wow, that order would feed 14 people in my family when I counted it up! I am glad you are on here making a change in your life! Just remember, your life is more important than that food! Remember that every time you want to binge! Good luck on here and please don't give up on yourself!!!! *hugs*
  • amccrazgrl
    amccrazgrl Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    WOW to all of your food you ALL used to eat.
    I can't say I have ate anywhere close to the amounts put on here.
    I might have ate 4 slices of thin crust OR eat 2 regular slices. I generally eat 2 slices and 1 breadstick if that.
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    footlong chili cheese coney with tator tots and a large coke
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    When going through the drive through, I would order 2 seperate value meals with 2 different drinks because I didn't want the drive through people to know that I was really ordering 2 hamburgers for myself. Or, I would order the hamburgers different ways (one with no pickles, one with no onions, etc) so they wouldn't think they were both for me.

I can't believe I ever got that bad. Ugh.

Done that too!

Yep, me too.... and did the "eat it and replace it" so no one would know.

How insanely crazy is this food addiction? And who could put forth a solid argument that food addiction is anything short of debilitating and real?

Food addiction is crazy sick, its like a drug. I'd eat just because I was bored, happy, sad.. any reason to. I still have moments of weakness, but each day I get stronger!

when i read all these to my husband he said "man thats behavior like meth heads". He is so right. We were! GAH truth is harsh
  • RangerSteve
    Options

1) pint of Ben & Jerry in a single serving (like every other day at the pit of my depression)

35jht7c.jpg
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump!
  • joimichele
    Options
    I used to make cookie dough, just to eat it. :(

^^^ This!!

I used to eat an entire large pizza, order of grease-soaked garlic knots, 1lb bag of peanut m&m's, and 2liter bottle of cherry coke to celebrate coming home from work trips. ALL BY MYSELF!
    Wow! I'm impressed! That is amazing!
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Chocolate syrup squirted straight into my mouth, Duncan Hines chocolate frosting with a spoon, cookie dough and brownie batter made just so I could eat it raw, topping off an hour long walk with an a&w meal twice a week, sometimes more.

Gorging on Chinese food. 3 containers that each served 2 or more people. I'd polish them off in an evening, maybe some left over for lunch the next day.
  • MlleDee
    MlleDee Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Golden Corral Buffet. I use to take the all you can eat as a personal challenge. PLATES and PLATES of mac n cheese, fried chicken/fish. Steak, Mash potatoes, pizza, nachos, fried okra, baked potatoes, ribs, pot roast, rotisserie chicken, enchiladas, tamales, broccoli and cheese soup, and at least a half dozen of their hot rolls, smothered in honey butter. Then I would go an destroy myself on the dessert bar (a couple slices of cake, several cookies, some brownies, pie, and bread pudding, lets not forget the sundae with all the toppings!), then I would go back to the dinner buffet get one last plate of mac n cheese, and finish the night by grabbing a ice cream cone to go at the door.

For the record, this would be dinner, not all the food I consumer for the day/week. Buffets=obesity, period the end.
  • chicky89
    chicky89 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Holiday candies!
    Halloween (boxes of chocolate, marshmellow pumpkins)
    Valentines (heart shaped candy messages)
    Christmas (just about anything)
    Easter (marshmellow bunnys or eggs)

Just about every season I had my "go to" candies. I'd buy one bag and the minimum! Proud to say I have not done ANY of this, since last Christmas :)

Ive done the cookie dough, and keeping chocolate bars/cookies in my room.
    Ive only done the drive throu- buying for "two people" for Ice cream at Dairy Queen... I just couldnt choose between two flavors... so I had both.
  • MlleDee
    MlleDee Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Holiday candies!
    Halloween (boxes of chocolate, marshmellow pumpkins)
    Valentines (heart shaped candy messages)
    Christmas (just about anything)
    Easter (marshmellow bunnys or eggs)

Just about every season I had my "to to" candies. I'd buy one bag and the minimum! Proud to say I have not done ANY of this, since last Christmas :)

I too have fallen prey to the holiday candies. But it's seasonal so it's suddenly okay to eat candy corn like its going out of style. And the cordial cherries, they're just 3-4 times a year, so a couple boxes every few months is cool...right?

Now I don't even go home for the "eating" holidays, I visit with my family only on occasions when I know that religion/festivities will take precedent over food. It's been a long 2 years, but I me and everyone else who posted here is proof that it can change!
  • MissGeorgiaPeachy
    MissGeorgiaPeachy Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    When going through the drive through, I would order 2 seperate value meals with 2 different drinks because I didn't want the drive through people to know that I was really ordering 2 hamburgers for myself. Or, I would order the hamburgers different ways (one with no pickles, one with no onions, etc) so they wouldn't think they were both for me.

I can't believe I ever got that bad. Ugh.

Ditto! I used to do that at Chick-Fil-A all the time. I'd order a meal and then a happy meal on the side, but really it was for me. :(
  • phechan3
    Options
    In the past I have eaten a whole bag of Milano cookies with a side of Cheetos and a bottle of Cola.

2 crispy fish tacos with 2 caramel cheesecake bites and fried jalapeno rings from Del Taco.

A value meal from Mc.D's with a double cheeseburger or McChicken on the side. Possibly a pie or sundae.

;;>_>
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Wow! Food addiction at it's worst! I am also an addict... :( My question is, is it possible to ever become a non addict or will i forever be addicted to eating food????