What was your worst "fat" moment?

Options

Replies

• nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Realizing that I have no pictures with my husband or family! The only pictures I have from the past couple of years are me hiding behind a person, pet, plant, blanket, etc. I want to be able to take pictures and capture memories without having to hide behind something!
  • Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    DURING SEX.... HE ACTUALLY SAID "YOU'D BE REALLY HOT IF YOU LOST WEIGHT YOU KNOW, I WONDER IF YOU WOULD HAVE STRETCH MARKS" WOW.
    P.S. THIS WAS YEARS AGO AND HE WAS A CLOSET BIG GIRL LOVER
  • m0_0m
    m0_0m Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    My Bf telling me I have a "fat *kitten*". He was actually trying to compliment me! The nerve. Saying, "I like your curves, I like that your not built like a 12 yr old boy, ect."

Yeah, sorry if you love it buddy but that "fat *kitten*" is SO outta here!
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    Worst moment ? Teen-age years, maybe before, until age 46. Glad to be 47 with all that a memory rather than a reality.

Being teased by those closest to me.
  • Sweetcheeks278
    Options
    all senior year of college... my roommates and I would go out to the bars and I would just look fat and terrible next to them..lots of facebook pictures to prove it!

but the worst night was this - I didn't have anything I thought I looked good in.. went to try on this button dress from my friend's sister (she lost weight and got rid of a lot of clothes and gave some to us) and it was too tight so when I went to take it off.. I couldn't... I had to get my roommate to literally cut me out of it. I was so embarressed and humiliated and I cried. My wonderful roommates comforted me and told me it was okay and not a big deal but I still felt awful.

Reading this made me cry. My heart goes out to you. I'm so happy that you have lost 40 lbs and are still going strong on your journey. You look gorgeous! Congrats!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Good Lord, they've all been so bad, I don't know how to pick a "worst". The earliest I can remember is being in 8th grade and a boy called me a "baby whale", I can still picture it in my mind as if it had just happened. Once, someone asked me when I was due (and I was like only 18 years old! LOL) My mom telling me that "boys don't like fat girls"...they're all tied for worst moments!
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    A couple of years ago I was at my daughter's birthday party at my ex husband's house. It was a pool party so I was in a bathing suit. One of our mutual friends just started railing on me about how fat I was getting. He kept it up all day in front of everyone. I later learned he was making most of our friends pretty uncomfortable. My ex even thought he was out of line. It didn't bother me too much except it was also in front of my ex's younger girlfriend (not that she's anything to look at :tongue: ). Funny thing is that this guy is fatter than I'll ever be. I don't talk to him much anymore.

Edited to add that at the time, I was only about 10lbs heavier than I am now. What a ****.
  • cowboydan43
    cowboydan43 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Oh some of these make my heart hurt! The cruelty of some people :(

My parents are very healthy, my older sister is a tiny little thing at under 5 feet. *sigh* and....she wears my shirts as dresses. :sad:
    I'm the fatty in the family. I just feel like an embarrassment. I hate pictures.
    I had previously lost a lot of weight then slowly gained it back- when I saw the number go above 200 I was in shock. Finally, my clothes stopped fitting. Nothing looked good. I cried every single day (although I still do sometimes, I'm an emotional person!) I couldn't be intimate with my boyfriend because I just felt like such a blob.
    The last straw was when I was putting on jeans, I had to use a trick that pregnant women use (loop a hair tie through the hole of your jeans to make them a little bigger) I was using a trick PREGNANT women use. Anyway, I was having a good time and forgot about it and my shirt came up and showed it. Oh lord that was embarrassing. No one said anything...but. :embarassed:
  • StacyAS999
    StacyAS999 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Being hooked on 3 different IV's, a cardiac monitor, peeing in a bag and taking enought blood pressure medecin to kill a horse a few days after giving birth to my last surro baby. The pre- eclampsy was caused by my pregnancy but I never ever want to feel that scared of dying and leaving my kids without a mother so young.

I had this same experience, and it was a life changer for me, too.

I also love your signature line. :smile:
  • caroln3
    caroln3 Posts: 217
    Options
    having my knees hurt because they can't hang with my weight.
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    a guy in a movie theater parking lot used me as a landmark. he wasn't talking to me, i just overheard him tell the person he was with, 'no, they're parked over there, next to that fat girl'
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Going to parties etc. and standing all day because I didn't want to "total out" anybodies cheap lawn chairs.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Ive had quite a few. Off the top of my head....

The leg of a plastic lawn chair bending under me.
    Getting to a size 28 in clothing and realizing I had NO where else to shop but online after that.
    Going to the doctor and them trying to take my blood pressure with a normal cuff. It would pop off every time. Then theyd have to go track down the larger one.
    Seeing myself in photos from my brothers wedding. I avoided cameras at all cost. I had to face myself in those pics. Ugh!
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Watching 'The Biggest Loser" last season and one woman started at about 13 pounds higher than what I weighed at the time. That was a shock!! When she got down to my weight she still looked TERRIBLY OBESE!! Really bad!! I was so shocked! I was 197 at the time and I'm only 5'1. My sister told me about MFP last March and I joined. I am so grateful for all of you.
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I have several:

1. When I was babysitting the kids across the street and one of them looked at a picture of me and said "That's from when you were skinny. Now you're fat." (we had a lesson on tolerance and what not to say to people after that, but it still hurt)

2. When I went to an amusement park and didn't ride a ride because I wasn't sure if I would have that moment where I was too big to actually ride, and wanted to avoid the embarrassment of having to get off. (Who knows what else I was missing out on because I didn't want to be embarrassed...)

3. Sitting next to a girl on a plane and seeing her text someone about the "biggest person I've ever seen" who was sitting next to her. Sure, she was rude and judgmental and I doubt I was the biggest person she's ever seen, but it still hurt. For a long time.

Thank you all for sharing! I think we've all had terrible "fat" moments, and it helps to know that you're not alone in this.
  • blueillusion3
    blueillusion3 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    The worst one for me was rubbing against peoples legs on the train (public transportation - I commute to work). I just hated and it grossed me out to think that those people probably hated having my fat leg rub agains their leg.

My legs don't rub on other people now...I fit perfectly into my seat. :bigsmile:

Now when peoples legs rub on me I just feel sad for them hopeing they don't feel as bad about themselves as I did about myself when I was 49 lbs heavier.

^^^ agree!!! whenever i flew i was so paranoid of having my fat leg touch the other person's and that was all i could think about the whole time.

but hands down, my worst fat moment was when i heard my thighs slap against each other. only heard it once, but that was enough. that was like the worst moment ever...

*****edited to add that another worst moment would be putting my life and love life on hold because i was too scared of embarrassment, ridicule and rejection.

but although i've only lost 24 lbs i'm much happier and no longer putting anyting on hold :)!
  • cowboydan43
    cowboydan43 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Kristy144
    Options
    The last time I seen my nephew (who is 8) I was thin and when I went up this summer to vacation he asked me "how come your so much fatter than my mom?" Ouch! I started MFP that week.. now here I am 15lbs less and many more to go.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    You rule. . thank you for this post. . Man. . that is definitely the worst being asked if you are preggers and you aren't. .

My fat issue is looking at my hips and stomach just make me sick knowing that I used to box and had a six pack. . I want to get back where I was at. . I hate being over heated so easily when it is warm too, since I am over weight, or getting out of breath easily. . It sucks. . So this is going to change.
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I was skinny as a child...and then when I turned 8, my life turned upside down. I was an only child for 8 years...then my mom had 2 kids in 11 months. I LOVE my sister and brother, but for an only child to get double whammied was hard. Not to mention, that same year, we moved a long way from my family and into the middle of NO WHERE. There were no kids to play with, nothing to do, etc...and I went from center stage to back stage. I started having weight problems then.

So...my worst fat moment was overhearing my parents talking about my weight and my dad told my mom that she needed to have me running laps around the house. I still remember the hurt of that :(

I still am compared to my sister and my mom (who are 5'7" and 115-130 pounds). I just got all the frump!

I also dislike when someone tells me I have a pretty face. That hurts.