What was your worst "fat" moment?

Options

Replies

• TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    My fat moment was the exact same. If another person ask me if im pregnant I cant be responsible for my answer.

My kids are 4 and 8, and I was asked that at least once every single month for the past 8 years. And how come it's usually other WOMEN who asked me that question??? (Maybe 'cause men know better...?) Never again.

Plus the photo from last Christmas that really did look like I was about 8 months pregnant. UGH.

My heart goes out to all of you who've had people say cruel and stupid things to you -- especially those in your own families! I had critical parents, and a gang of middle-school bullies in my past. I like to think that I'm a stronger / better person for those things, because I vowed early on that I would never EVER make anyone else feel that bad for any reason. EVER.
  • smily_001
    smily_001 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I guess my WORST one was when my husband and I went to Las Vegas and we had no problems on any other flight about me "being to big" and having to buy a extra seat, but on the way home I was told in front of everyone that I was to fat and would need to buy a second seat, we had to stay a extra day so his paycheck would be in and we would be able to buy the ticket for that extra seat.. Not only did I make us spend extra money because I was to fat, but everyone in the waiting area was talking and laughing at me..
  • WoWmamaErin
    WoWmamaErin Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Being asked (at 2 diff times in my life and two very different weights) when I was expecting...

Sitting with my two very 'weight obsessed' friends. They had horrible eating habbits and they were skinny fat. While discussing their weight and what they'd like to weigh... one said that if she ever weighed 250 lbs she'd kill herself. I was 255 at that time.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Standing in my bathroom about to get into the shower and glancing into the mirror...like skinny saggy little arms and skinny little legs and a humungous stomach above my belly button and the gross frontal buttocks. It was especially grotesque because the rest of me was relatively "thin". F ucking disgusting.
    Or standing near the full length mirror at work wearing my "big" shirt yet my muffin top was poking out anyway, in a perfect round mound all around my pants. Having to ask my tailor to add pregnancy panels to my jeans because my tummy was so huge and starting to cry.
  • coloradocuppiecake
    Options
    The pregnancy thing sucks. For some reason it hurt worst when little kids pat your tummy and ask when they can see the baby.
    Lets see, being on a plane and asking for a seatbelt extender, and trying to do it quietly. Not being able to put the plane tray table down because you and your tummy doesnt fit behind it. Trying on clothes. Good grief, the list is too long to count.
  • lisaisso
    lisaisso Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JessicaEPope
    JessicaEPope Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Uch, makes me sick thinking about how low i felt...

Making dinner for my pregnant friend who had come over on a hot day, her asking to borrow some of my trousers or something as it was chilly and she was wearing a dress, then having to pull out a few pairs of cargo type pants, my black ones which were too big for her and my boyfriends white ones which fit her fine. Felt really embarrassed and was so glad that he didnt mention they were his, or i would've probably cried. Also, the same friend complaining that her baby belly was massive now and that she couldnt sit with her knees up and reach her knees to her chin- something i tried later and couldn't do at all. (Although pleased to say I have shifted enough belly for this to be now possible :P)

Also, meeting my boyfriends extended family and overhearing his mum and aunty discussing weight and how the aunty couldn't beleive she had let herself get into double figures (10stone) and how she felt disgusting etc, whilst the mum proudly states shes never been over 9stone. At the time I was about 11 and a half and was so difficult trying not to cry, really stuck with me for a while.

Took a lot, but I just hated being the girl who had put on 3 stone and didn't get attention anymore, felt embarrassed naked in front of boyfriend, was bigger than my pregnant friend (something I really couldn't handle) and then feeling like everyone thought I was fat. For a long time I wanted to just pretend i was fine, and honestly didnt beleive the scales one, thought they had broken, but it all adds up and just very releived I took the plunge and have now lost 2 stone :)

Much love to everyone who has gone through these horrible times, but better things are in our future :)
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    A few years ago when I was about 140, I was back home visiting my parents and they invited some family and friends over for a bbq. At the end of the night my bff and her husband were getting ready to leave, so I started assembling them a plate of leftover desserts to wrap up and take home since we had so many leftovers. My grandmother sees me with this huge plate of cookies, cake, and other desserts, and exclaims loudly "Don't eat that! You're fat!" in front of EVERYONE! I was mortified.

The same week I made mashed potatoes as a side dish with dinner and when I served some to myself, my dad asked me "Do you really think you need to eat that?".
  • Kristina0202
    Kristina0202 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Probably just any time I was teased in high school.

A few months after I graduated, I went back to visit one of my teachers and she had this portfolio that she had all of her graduating students put an entry in. I flipped to mine and someone printed out a picture of a hippo and put it on my page. I couldn't believe that people were making fun of me even though I was gone.
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    mine was wearing and having to buy the ugliest clothes that i hated because they were the only ones that would cover me without clinging to every roll.

i needed new clothes because i didn't fit into anything, but i hated everythign i bought, i hated the styles, hated they way they looked. i also spent a ridiculous amount of money once on a ugly shirt that i never wore because it was the only thing i could find that fit, and it was a totally grandma top. urghhhh

so nice to be in the normal section of the shops now instead of the 'bigger ladies' section.
  • Raf702
    Raf702 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    When I couldn't fit into my older favorite jeans! That's when I knew I needed to drop weight/fat.
  • FifiLea
    FifiLea Posts: 80 Member
    Options

2) Around the same time, in maths class we had to be weighed and stand in class order of weight. Obviously I had to stand at the end of the line and the teacher made a "funny joke" about a girl being the fattest and announced to the class my exact weight.

3) Also around this time, being "punished" by a teacher (who knew I was being bullied because of my weight) for not handing my work in on time - by making me stand in the playground at lunch time in my swimsuit so everyone could see me.

This just made me cry. That's disgusting behaviour - to me it qualifies as mental abuse. If someone did that to my child they would be very very sorry.

My worst fat moment was in January when I was admitted to hospital with a suspected blood clot and all the (skinny) nurses kept telling me how much I weighed and what my BMI was...they meant well, but it wasn't very helpful - especially when you're scared you're going to die!
  • KettyLan
    KettyLan Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    When one of my employees yelled out in front of my other staff that she was embarrassed to walked down the streets with me cuz i was too fat! She was supposed to be my friend... Now she has gained weight and no longer worked for me....I'm so in better shape than her!!!
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    My sister giving me a sweatshirt for christmas that read

"I'm not fat I'm just fluffy.

She thought it was funny, .... me not so much
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Wow, reading all of your stories has been very inspirational (and some are so sad.)

My moment was rather unspectacular...............it was this past July, at my yearly physical, when the doctor said I was in the "obese" category as far as my BMI ............... I knew I was overweight, but it just never CLICKED until she said THAT word.

I have not been that unhappy with my weight, as I have found ways to mask it with clothing and such. But losing this extra fat has felt really good - and I know I'm eating healthier, making new friends here, and just feeling better about myself :)

Thanks, all, for your honesty and often funny responses :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Estela565
    Options
    Besides being constantly bullied by my family ... One time at a BBQ my now ex told the hostess in front of everyone not to give mw any food bc I was too big & already had eaten enough... I was really embarrassed.
    Now Im in a great place with my weight and I don't need to hear his coments ... Nobody elses... I've drop 55 lbs since that day and I'm 13 lbs away from my goal weight. Iam happier with myself now.
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I was getting billions of pregnancy questions and I wasn't preggo, and even the dreaded - do you think it's twins? -sigh-
    My first NSV was time going by and suddenly realizing the preggo comments had quit.

There is a picture of me at a birthday party that is CRAZY bad

The wii fit yelling "That's OBESE!" (still pisses me off every time I weigh in on it). Then I had to go look it up on the computer and sure enough, I am obese.

and growing out of my comfy pregnant pants and I wasn't preggo.
  • abcerc
    abcerc Posts: 58
    Options
    When I was shopping for a wedding dress, I went into a really nice store and started looking through the dresses. The sales lady came up to me and said, "Oh honey, you'll find your size in the basement." I walked out of the store.
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    When I was put on oxygen full time. When you are overweight so bad that you need oxygen it's time to do something.