Team UK - seeking a revival!

Options
Hello!

Anybody in the UK out there interested in restarting team UK?

We are going to need each other to keep on track over the winter!!

Don't worry if you've never been in team UK - we are just a group of friendly people from the UK who get together on the forums to support each other with our goals and progress.

Hope to see you here :)

Dotti

Replies

• clarech82
    clarech82 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I'm in! will be nice to talk to people in the same time zone :)
  • 10fairywings
    10fairywings Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely in!! Yay!!! :)

11064913.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • julie4760
    Options
    I'm nearly in the same time zone, I work nights lol but we can all do with a little support and thats for sure
  • margo36
    margo36 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    My too. I'm just starting again and need some motivation :smile:
  • lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Definitely up for it. Have missed Team UK
  • wendiekins
    Options
    HI, I only joined MFP a week ago but plan on staying around , so I'm interested in joining your group as I can do with all the help I can get! LOL
    what do I have to do?
  • carolineb81
    carolineb81 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join please :)
  • BendySpartan
    BendySpartan Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Oooh count me in!
  • frankie2637
    frankie2637 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • moon_light10
    Options
    wot do we have to do ?
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I'm in the UK too!
  • LilMissFoodie
    LilMissFoodie Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Yay! Some people already :)

So, I think we should start from scratch. Maybe we should start by introducing ourselves and maybe some of our goals?

I'm Dotti, I live in London with my husband but I'm originally from Australia, I have lived here for about 2 years now though. I am a registered dietitian but at the moment I am job hunting (only just got my visa stuff sorted).

I tend to make my goals behaviour-related rather than weight related. I haven't quite decided how much weight I even want to lose but it's somewhere between 30-40kg so a lot of work to be done! At the moment, I have been doing some home exercise - weights and 30 day shred but I want to start incorporating more gym into my routine (which will increase my exercise loads since the gym is a 90min walking round trip!). My calorie goal is for 2 pounds loss per week but I tend to tweak things a bit at times (so I'm eating more in line with what I would recommend as a dietitian).

Ok, now your turn!
  • kmshred
    kmshred Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    i'm in!
  • nadiaez
    nadiaez Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm in too please!
  • callymac66
    Options
    I'm in - restarting after a difficult few weeks and need all the motivation and support I can get !!:wink:
  • martymum
    martymum Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I'm in...I log in several times a day but a lot of my friends are from usa so nice to 'chat' to folks in the same time zone

martyxx
  • Les_Lamb57
    Les_Lamb57 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Yes please.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Hiya!
  • lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I am in.

I'm laura 33, born in Germany raised in the USA lived in the UK since 2006.

I have 4 boys. This last pregnancy has done my figure in. I have never been a slim person... And I finally want to be. I have clothes in my cabinet I want to fit back into. After I had my twins in 2006 I lost the baby weight because I breastfed and had twins to run after. I let myself go in the last pregnancy and have had problems getting it back off. I am an impulse eater and drank too much wine in the evenings which caused me to eat even more. So far I have been back on track for 37 days and lost 18lbs. That kind of shows how much I used to eat. I plan on loosing another 40lbs. I want to get back into my old clothes.... And yes even see my muscles. I know they are in there somewhere.
  • LilMissFoodie
    LilMissFoodie Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Wow Laura, 4 boys! You must have your hands full :)

Well done with your work so far!