Team UK - seeking a revival!

Options

Replies

• evelyngrice
    evelyngrice Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I am slowly working my way through the thread & adding everyone :)
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I live in England but not British...does that count? I mean..i know when to laugh when watching 'extras' as well as 'sienfeld'...and can explain the off-side rule...
  • LilMissFoodie
    LilMissFoodie Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I live in England but not British...does that count? I mean..i know when to laugh when watching 'extras' as well as 'sienfeld'...and can explain the off-side rule...

Of course it still counts :) I'm not British either!
  • LilMissFoodie
    LilMissFoodie Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone :)

Thanks to everyone that accepted my friend request. Sorry if I missed anyone, the 'can only add 5 at a time' rule makes it hard to get everyone. Well, I had a rubbish day yesterday but feeling a bit better this morning. Once hubby goes to work, I will get started on my shred!

What are everybody elses plans for today?

x
  • jumcadam
    jumcadam Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Is it too late for me to join?

I'm Julia, 25 from Hertfordshire.

I want to lose 20lb and try to eat pretty clean - been having some hormone issues that have been keeping the weight on! I'm trying to keep consistent with my exercise and am on Day 9 of the 30 Day Shred at the moment. I like to cook a variety of veggy meals with a bit of meat and fish here and there too! I find that planning my meals really helps me stay on track.

My vices are wine, cheese and dark chocolate. And eating too much after too many drinks!

I'm planning on doing my shred when I get home and will be making this for supper later on:
    http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1428656/spiced-prawns-with-avocado-and-bean-salad
  • lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I have only ever lasted a few days on the 30DS and I give up :(
    All of my muscles ache and I can't continue.
    i am going to try it again soon, and I really hope I can get through at least a week this time :'D

Your muscles stop hurting at around day 4 or 5. After that it's all good until you get to the next level but I only ached for 2days after that. Don't give up, I can actually see a bicep muscle growing now!!
  • lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options

I am German, so not born a Brit either...
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Bumping coz I'm busy right now
  • Elmaunie
    Elmaunie Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Morning all :drinker: <- me with my morning coffee

(re some people talking about shredding that I forgot to quote...) I've given up on the shred for now :sad: I found level 2 just too harsh on the knees, even though I tried to take it easy. I was having to take 2 days off in between to let my knees recover each time. Such a shame as level 1 seemed like a good, quick workout!
  • imustbegood
    imustbegood Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Good morning - just getting kids ready for school. I am well on my way to finishing 30ds - day 5 level 3 tonight - am finding it hard and had to drop down a few times to Anita on this level - I ordered 3 new Jillian dvds at the weekend so am looking forward to trying them when have finished the shred ! I need to get rid of this.kangaroo pouch as no more baby roos are going to be using it now !!! Anyone done any of Jillians others ? What did u think ?
  • evelyngrice
    evelyngrice Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Good Morning my fellow Brits :)

Sitting here with my strawberries and natural yoghurt.
    This is the earliest I have been up in a while - It's my first day back at uni today.
    Hoping to fit some exercise in when I get home :/
    I normally do it in the morning, but there is no way I could be getting up at 6am just to work out ha.

Have a good day :)
  • frankie2637
    frankie2637 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone, Its really foggy outside, wheres my promised indian summer????? Didnt get a chance to introduce myself yesterday. My name is Frances and I am a 35 year old single mum of 2. My children are amazing but then I guess I'm biast. My son turned 13 at the weekend and my daughter is 18. I have gained a lot of weight over the last couple of years and was diagnosed about 18 months ago with an underactive thryoid. I am now on medication and stable and desperately trying to lose the weight. I thought I had tried everything until I joined MFP and this site has been my saving grace. I have been here for about 6 weeks now and have lost about 10lbs which to me is amazing. I love all the support on here and I never feel alone anymore in my struggle. Would love to know if anyone lives in the Epping/Loughton area (Essex)? My friend and I are doing the C25K as well and we completed out first 20min jog/run last night, another amazing achievement for both of us.
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Morning all :drinker: <- me with my morning coffee

(re some people talking about shredding that I forgot to quote...) I've given up on the shred for now :sad: I found level 2 just too harsh on the knees, even though I tried to take it easy. I was having to take 2 days off in between to let my knees recover each time. Such a shame as level 1 seemed like a good, quick workout!

:drinker: Morning!!
    Did my morning shred...it's addictive and I'm getting better - it's those bicycle sit-ups at the end of level 1 that get me. When i'm comfortable doing the whole of level 1 including them, I'll move on, not till then! Besides I have a 2hour TKD class later...
  • frankie2637
    frankie2637 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I was up at 6am just to get to work!!! Going swimming tonight but not till about 9pm.
    Hope you have a good day to :)

Good Morning my fellow Brits :)

Sitting here with my strawberries and natural yoghurt.
    This is the earliest I have been up in a while - It's my first day back at uni today.
    Hoping to fit some exercise in when I get home :/
    I normally do it in the morning, but there is no way I could be getting up at 6am just to work out ha.

Have a good day :)
    [/quote]
  • bubblybabeuk
    bubblybabeuk Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys

I am Mandy 48 from Hampshire. I have been here since the end of last year on and off! I am so close to my goal that I find it hard to shift the weight. Though I am really good at yo-yoing!

I have been a stay at home mum whilst running a national charity from home with my spare hand but we are just finalising the winding up of it so I need to get back out into the big wide world of work for my own sanity!

I have two kids 21 and 16, just running off on a rescue mission tomorrow for the 21 year old who is living in Hull on her industrial placement year of her degree! Not certain I am ever going to get rid of her! Though her 16 year old brother will be a different story I am sure!

Really got to get my eating under control I have given into the suagr monster over the last few weeks and its time he went back in his box! Also need to get a grip with exercise too!

Looking forward to getting to know you all!!
  • carolineb81
    carolineb81 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I've done my 30ds for today - on day 15 now so half way through (yay!) I can def tell a big difference in my hip area already,c ant wait to see the finished results now!

I think I am on day 8...I totally lost track...I am doing level 2 now...wonder what level three is like.

Ive done a few days of level 3 as well to mix it up, i find it easier than level 2 actually, its a lot more strength work though!
  • carolineb81
    Options
    Morning everyone :)

Just been for my c25k run (week 1, run 2), was raining but i didnt wimp out and still did it!! Going to be doing by 30ds later today!

How is everyone today?
  • carolineb81
    Options
    Good morning - just getting kids ready for school. I am well on my way to finishing 30ds - day 5 level 3 tonight - am finding it hard and had to drop down a few times to Anita on this level - I ordered 3 new Jillian dvds at the weekend so am looking forward to trying them when have finished the shred ! I need to get rid of this.kangaroo pouch as no more baby roos are going to be using it now !!! Anyone done any of Jillians others ? What did u think ?

well done on the shredding! Im still on 30ds but im going to try the banish fat, boost metabolism one next x
  • hannydee
    Options
    Ooh, count me in!

I'm Hannah, 24 years old from Cumbria. My profile says it all though :)
  • lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Talk about a revival!!! WOW!

I'm an old member on here, but for those that don't know me:

I'm Lesley, 30 years old and from Northern Ireland! I managed to lose over three stone last year, and am struggling to maintain my loss at the minute so my weight has been very much up and down! I'm a personal secretary so I'm sitting around most of the day....

On Saturday I provided myself with a lovely new incentive, not only to maintain, but to shift that last stone.... a wedding dress!!