daily gratitude check

Options

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    It's a beautiful chilly clear night.

~1. Today I noticed a big shift in the way I think about food. In a good way.
    ~2. I decided to make a written exercise plan, and I feel good about that too.
    ~3. I really love my plushy white full length robe that was only $16 at JCPenney. I am trying to recreate the feeling of a nice hotel, since I don't see a lot of travel in my near future. I have my bed just about right now, and the robe, and I am working toward that "nice hotel" bathroom.

:glasses: ~4. Nascar.
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    happy sunday happy people!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

:heart: this morning, i went on a slow 75min. jog. i got to use my new polar f4 for the first time!
    :heart: my polar f4 said i burnt 568 cals. :happy: can that be correct?
    :heart: like CM, i love my plushy bathrobe! :love: i feel like a princess in it. :tongue: and mine is too big so i feel smaller when i wear it. :laugh:
    :heart: like Heal4444, i love being in a clean car. :wink: ~i'm grateful i have time to clean mine out today! (i just hope i follow threw and do it!):tongue:
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Options
    I am grateful :happy:

Oregonlady started this thread and keeping us positive by thanking for all that is good in our lives:heart:
    Warm water for showers:heart:
    Clean water to drink:heart:
    Nutritious food to eat:heart:
    Safe neighbourhood to take walks in:heart:
    Great, kind, generous, genuinely loving neighbours:heart:
    Living in a safe city:heart:
    Living in a city with a great transit system:heart:
    My body is getting stronger every day:heart:
    Living in a peaceful home:heart:
    Learning to love myself and love more so everyday:heart:
  • cmriverside
    Options
    like CM, i love my plushy bathrobe! i feel like a princess in it. and mine is too big so i feel smaller when i wear it.

oh. I thought I looked bigger in my too-big robe..... I like your glass-half-full thinking much better.

I feel so SMALL in my way-too-big robe. :happy:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I'm grateful for sunshine and warm temps! Well it's 39F and that is feeling real warm!

A 40min walk with my dog

Free minutes on my cell phone. I got to talk with my mom for over an hour.

Then I talked with my younger daughter who moved to Florida at the end of Dec.

Will I use up more? Maybe!
  • oregonlady
    Options
    :heart: i was doing the dishes tonight (hubby usually does the dishes cause i cook fablous dinners:smooched: ) and i looked out the kitchen window nd saw a beautiful full moon! :smile:
    i howled. my dog looked at me quite puzzled.:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:
  • oregonlady
    Options
    happy monday :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

:heart: i did not gain weight this weekend! ~i usually do on weekends.
    :heart: i'm doing laundry.:indifferent: i enjoy the smell of clean laundry.:happy:
    :heart: when i do laundry (usually, MANY loads) i lay clean clothes on the livingroom couches so they do not get wrinkled till the evening when my husband and i spend "hours" together folding all the clothes.
    :love: i have the perfect husband for me.:love:
    :heart: i am looking forward to going to the gym today w/ my new hrm and comparing the calorie burn # it says w/ what i have always thought.
  • missmez
    missmez Posts: 104
    Options
    Another week! That much closer to spring! yay!

1. I'm grateful to see rain. Even though it's still close to freezing and it's very slippery outside, it's rare for it to rain on the prairies in February. I feel closer to home (BC)! :glasses:

2. I'm grateful for having a ME day on Saturday which consisted of 6 hours of shopping where I got a cute pair of rubber boots (looks like I will really need them this spring!) and new earphones for my mp3 which I really needed & now I'm so excited to get out walking with my tunes again! :bigsmile:

3. I'm grateful that my man recognizes when he's being an A** :grumble: and does what he can to tell me he's sorry and make it all better. :blushing:

4. I'm grateful that I didn't catch the nasty stomach flu my dear stepson had this weekend.:sick:

5. I'm grateful for the inner love, peace and energy I feel today! Should be a great day! :heart:
  • iTim__
    iTim__ Posts: 6,823 Member
    Options
    missmez - You have inner peace? That is so cool. (end of message) :)
  • heal4444
    Options
    I am grateful for :happy:

Sunshine :heart:
    Valentine's Day is coming up. I love Valentine's Day :heart:
    February. I love February:heart:
    Winter, crisp clean air.:heart:
    Snow, beautiful snow:heart:
    My family and friends love me.( And I love them):heart:
    Kindness of people I know and people I'm getting to know:heart:
    A loving home:heart:
    Compassion and understanding of others. :heart:
    Mike for creating this free website:heart:
  • iTim__
    iTim__ Posts: 6,823 Member
    Options
    Heal... I refer to my loved ones as "Sunshine," which is especially sweet when I hum the song, "you are my sunshine."

I'm grateful for my wife and two kidos. My sunshine.
  • oregonlady
    Options
    happy tuesday grateful people!

:smile: do you have any "happy plans" u want to tell us all about?:happy:

:heart: i do not have a lotta plans for today
    :heart: pilates class. :happy: i'm looking forward to wearing my new hrm and learning how many cals i burn in the class.
    :heart: my mom is coming over 4 dinner 2nite
    :heart: in spite of the light dusting of snow i see on the ground this morning, school was not canceled or delayed.:laugh:
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    :heart: i was doing the dishes tonight (hubby usually does the dishes cause i cook fablous dinners:smooched: ) and i looked out the kitchen window nd saw a beautiful full moon! :smile:
    i howled. my dog looked at me quite puzzled.:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

It's just the opposite with me, hubby cooks fabulous and I do the dishes. It's the first step in a manicure as by the time I'm done the dishes my hands are nice and soft, then I do my nails and put lotion on.:bigsmile:

Thankful for achy knees that keep me going:heart:
    Thankful for a little warmer weather:heart:
    Thankful we had a little sunshine but we need more!:heart:
    Thankful God gave another day to try doing it right again lol:heart:
  • missmez
    missmez Posts: 104
    Options
    Spoke too soon about the nasty flu bug. I'm home sick today. :sick:

Still....

1. I'm thankful for my man who isn't feeling so hot himself, but is still at work in between checking up on us two and also has to worry about the basement flooding (it's that rain in Feb thing - not so good I guess!) :love:

2. I'm thankful that the slippery roads and sidewalks didn't cause any injury to those around me yesterday (& today as far as I know so far) :smile:

3. I'm thankful for a warm bed. :yawn:

4. I'm thankful for finding the podcast "A Course In Miracles". I've always been interested in it and now I have the time to enjoy it. :happy:

5. I'm thankful for cold, fresh, clean water (one sip at a time). :drinker:
  • heal4444
    Options
    I'm grateful for

A good night's sleep:heart:
    A healthy breakfast:heart:
    Healthy heart:heart:
    Healthy lungs:heart:
    Healthy body:heart:
    Inner resourcefulness:heart:
    Living on a very quiet street:heart:
    Living in a convenient location:heart:
    People in my life, I love them and they love me:heart:
    Endless opportunities available to me:heart:
    Another contract job just signed:heart:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Sunshine,
    warm weather,
    the walk I'm going to take my dog on later,
    getting to grill chicken on the charcoal grill for dinner tonight,
    God continuing to provide for our needs
    And the peace he gives me during this time.
  • heal4444
    Options
    I know I already posted but had more to be grateful for::happy:

One of my best friends unexpectedly invited me to dessert:heart:
    A sports program I'd was pondering was actually 1/2 the cost:heart:
    Got another contract job offer this afternoon. Not really my type of work but still nice to be asked:heart:
    Made great number of sales today:heart:
    Felt more confident today:heart:
    Received a nice compliment I appear slimmer :heart:
    An old friend was glad to see me and gave me a very warm and surprising welcome:heart:
    Much much warmer winter weather:heart:
    This thread that Oregonlady created, I can come and express my gratitude for all that is good and:heart: abundant small, medium or big in my life. :heart:
    My growing gratitude attitude:heart:
  • cmriverside
    Options
    I missed Tuesday but it's only 12:18AM so I'll get two days for the price of one!

It was a beautiful day with snow falling lightly all day.

~ 1. I LOVE snow. We don't get much of it, but it is just magical. I could stare at it falling for hours.
    ~ 2. I am grateful for an opportunity to go somewhere I've never been.
    ~ 3. I am grateful for color TV. I'm old enough to remember black & white only TV. Color is better.

*bonus round. I am grateful for the "edit" button. Thanks Mike. :ohwell:
    _____________________________________________________________________________
  • oregonlady
    Options
    happy wednesday ya all!

:heart: i woke up feeling thin and hungry
    :heart: it looks like i'm going on 2 vacations this year!
    :heart: my hubby likes to travel.
    :heart: i'm happy at home
    :heart: i love my life!!
  • heal4444
    Options
    I'm grateful for :happy:

I can walk faster now than wks ago:heart:
    Warmer winter weather, melting snow, easier to walk :heart:
    Easier to drive:heart:
    Work today went smoothly:heart:
    I like drinking water and used to not drinking pop:heart:
    Gas is cheaper than mths ago. Was over a dollar mths ago in Ontario:heart: .
    Car is running well:heart:
    Limbs are getting stronger:heart:
    Found a very good book to read :heart:
    Wed and 3 more days till Valentine's Day:heart::heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: