October Shredders!!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• catrojas
    catrojas Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    wow, finally found the new pages. I missed the last 3 days of level one because I was sick, so for the past 3 days I've been doing them before I start level 2, and I think it's helping to make level 2 a little easier to get through. I've been having some joint pain from the increased amount of impact. So I went to my neighborhood GNC and talked to the manager about my totally lack of knowledge and what I could do to make everything easier on my body. he says first thing in the morning is best (check) , and to eat something small before you start, like one piece of toast.. So I'll try that today. take a multivitamin with fish oil and calcium. ( I ended up buying one of their products, and he gave me a discount cause I work in the same shopping center). within 20 minutes of completing your workout get protein in you to help heal your torn and battered muscles. ( I have protein shakes, but don't take them because I want to loose the weight before I start building my muscles, but I've been stuck at a plateau for 2.5 weeks, so hoping that maybe this will help.. I'll let you all know if I see any difference with the added protein and supplements. I hope that this is the answer!!! I wanna see the 120's dang it!!!

Oh and for the record I HATE level 2, I would rather do level 1three times in a row
  • aqua_zumba_fan
    Options
    wow, finally found the new pages. I missed the last 3 days of level one because I was sick, so for the past 3 days I've been doing them before I start level 2, and I think it's helping to make level 2 a little easier to get through. I've been having some joint pain from the increased amount of impact. So I went to my neighborhood GNC and talked to the manager about my totally lack of knowledge and what I could do to make everything easier on my body. he says first thing in the morning is best (check) , and to eat something small before you start, like one piece of toast.. So I'll try that today. take a multivitamin with fish oil and calcium. ( I ended up buying one of their products, and he gave me a discount cause I work in the same shopping center). within 20 minutes of completing your workout get protein in you to help heal your torn and battered muscles. ( I have protein shakes, but don't take them because I want to loose the weight before I start building my muscles, but I've been stuck at a plateau for 2.5 weeks, so hoping that maybe this will help.. I'll let you all know if I see any difference with the added protein and supplements. I hope that this is the answer!!! I wanna see the 120's dang it!!!

Oh and for the record I HATE level 2, I would rather do level 1three times in a row

Thanks for passing on the advice :) I do feel a bit sick if I eat anything at all before exercising but maybe I should try again. I usually have toast with PB or weetabix with fruit after but maybe I should try an egg or something!
  • catrojas
    Options
    I just did 1 slice of toast and I could tell a difference. I didn't run out of energy or feel as fatigued going into the first cardio circuit like I normally do. Knee is still killing me, so I only did workout 1, I'll have to double up workout 2 sometime in the next week. come on knee, get better. I HATE taking pain meds, makes me feel like a baby.
  • catbrand
    catbrand Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    OK, I'm sorry to do this, but I'm throwing in the towel :frown:

My neck still isn't healed enough for me to feel comfortable with doing the shred. It's much better, but I can still feel it hurting despite all the painkillers and I don't want to risk hurting it more and needing time off work. I've fallen behind 4 days now and I don't think I'd ever catch up and I don't want to just jump into level 2 after such a break and I don't want to go back to level 1 either.

Ugh, I hate quitting but I think in this case it's the right decision.

Well done to everyone for getting so far and good luck with the rest of the shred, I'll probably pop in and see how you're all getting on.
  • KerriMx5
    KerriMx5 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of Level 2... Again I got about 10 minutes in or so. I might be doing Level 2 for awhile so I can get it all done.. I was actually enjoying it.. My thighs, not so much. They are pretty sore. They might need a mini break between the shred, walking, stairs and mini challenges. LOL I am actually happy they are this sore. It means I am working them good!!!

Maybe I am sick but I actually like level two. Even if it is kicking my booty. :)
  • lloydmel
    lloydmel Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I DID NOT do the workout today.... However I have a great reason! I went to the 25th anniversary celebration of my wellness center where I workout and Ali Vincent was there as the guest speaker!!! loved it!
    I still worked my patookis off today in the gym... not to worry :wink:
  • berv0009
    berv0009 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I tried to do some of Natalie's plan moves today!! Man was I sweaty. And I couldn't do them all -- still had to stick with Anita most of the time!!!!

Great job everyone!
  • catrojas
    Options
    thought you all might like this =)
    tumblr_lp9j9q9XWi1qa2n8so1_500.jpg[/url]
  • lbtewksbury
    lbtewksbury Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Day 2 level 2 completed last night, I really like it better than level 1 , I was super sweaty when I finished, I sure hope I can see a difference in pictures at the end!!!!!
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA catrojas, that's Awesome!

Day 6 level 3 done, walking pushups and rockstar jumps (you'll all get there eventually) argh I don't like them so much, and definitely follow Anita for the jumping lunges things, (thought I could push myself a bit today and my inner thighs kicked up a stink).

Wow, four more days and I'll be "totally shredded" not really ha ha but def stronger and keen to play again.

Good call catbrand, your body know best, I'm glad you are listening.
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Level 2 day 4 done, didn't feel like dying this time! If anyone's really struggling I do recommend taking a day off. Better to take a breather than get frustrated and throw in the towel completely!
  • Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I am shredding tonight. Hopefully going to the gym while I was out of town will help me not keel over.

Great job ladies!

Also, a favor to ask. Please post October Shredders stuff on your statuses. I think a lot of ladies have dropped out and I am sure they still need encouragement. Thank you!
  • dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Shredderss!!!! lets do this!! i know we have taken a day here or there but we have time!! there are still over 2 weeks in the month and if we dwindle a little into november no biggie!! hang in there we got this!
  • aqua_zumba_fan
    Options
    My measurements and weight all stayed the same pretty much and I'm not surprised cos my interview yesterday unfortunately ended up meaning I ate crap and missed 2 days of the shred. No excuse and I need to stop giving in to food when stressed. Starting again tomorrow and hoping for a better week. Will do level 2 twice today to try to make it up a bit!
    I hope everyone else has done better!
  • aqua_zumba_fan
    Options
    Okay day 3 of level 2 done. When I do it again later I'm going to use the HRM and see if it burns more calories than level 1. Surely it must do! Anyone else checked?
  • aqua_zumba_fan
    Options
    Day 4 of level 2 also done. I'm 145lbs and burned 220 calories btw so 35cals more than level 1.
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Level 2 day 5 done! We're halfway there guys!
  • Amber393
    Amber393 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    saturday21.jpg

Hey everybody!

*cricket chirp*

How are all we doing today?!

It's weigh in day and measure day. Did you put in the spreadsheet? I did.

So here's what it looks like for me..

Weight Wise

I'm back at 216.2 which is +1.6 gain (boo hiss) however better than when weighed yesterday and it was showing a 4 lb gain. :huh: yeah to much sodium and not enough water. I've been chugging the water and haven't had any sweet tea in two days. Good lord I can live on some good sweet tea. It's okay though.

So hopefully it'll go down even more now that I've taken care of my two biggest culprits. The pickles and pepperocinis are no longer in the house. Can't do it. To tempting to sneak out of the jar and munch munch.

Measurement Wise

This was last week measures

B: 38DD - W: 41 H: 42 RT: 23 LT 23: RC: 16 LC: 15 N: 15

This is this week measures

B: 38DD - W: 39 H: 42 RT: 21 LT 20: RC: 15 LC: 14 N: 15

So 2 inches lost for Waist, woo!

Hips okay the same no worries and boobs the same no worries

2 inches for the right thigh and 3 inches for the left, woo!

1 inch for the right calf and 1 inch for the left calf, woo!

Neck the same no worries

So even though I gained 1.6 lbs I'm still losing inches.

Did L2D3 today. I'm behind but I forgive myself and go forward. If I need a break so be it. I'll finish it eventually.

Okay, time for dinner!

Love Loves to you all. :flowerforyou:

Amber
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    L1D7 finished.

I AM SO FAR BEHIND. I got a HRM today and wore it for my workout... but I didn't start it to count calories so all I got was my HR, haha. Now I know for next time.
    I feel like level 1 is too easy, I almost want to skip to level2. I did level 2 a few days ago (lost dvd remote, had to use on demand) and it felt good. I wasn't sore the next day (a little in the shoulders only in the morning). Hm... maybe.
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I still hate JM. And is it just me or do Natalie and Anita both have terrible balance?