October Shredders!!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• wendiekins
    Options
    I thought the other thread had gone quiet... here you all are!
    I'm dreading starting level2 now I've heard all your tales.. level 1 is bad enough !!! I was really feeling it in my lower back and knees yesterday so will probly leave todays shred until much, much later. I tore a muscle in my hip/bum last year and dont want to aggravate it more than I should, so am gonna maybe do just a half job today?? will see how I am... maybe I should do 2 x half jobs? LOL
    I'm also losing count of what day Im on... I think I've done L1D7or 8? so I'm gonna carry on doing L1 till Friday and start L2 on Saturday that way I should catch up with meself (and avoid starting L2 a bit longer!!)

heat and ice this morning methinks! I am NOT giving up!!!
  • himel13
    himel13 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join? I was looking for a Shred challenge for October, don't know how i missed this group! I'm on L1 D10 today..will be starting level 2 tomorrow and am scared. could use all the support i can get! :P
  • MittenKitten1219
    MittenKitten1219 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    How's level 3 compared to 2?? I just started 2 today and want to know what I'm in for!
  • Amber393
    Amber393 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    07.jpg

O.M.G.

That woman is insane!

I just did my level 2 day 1 JM because I gave yesterday off to myself. There's an extra day in this month so if I finish a day late so be it.

Good god.. I'm just sitting here going wth did I just put myself through?!!!

I'm gunna go take a nice long soak now.

Oww is all I can say.

Loves you all! You're doing great no matter where you are at in this program.

Let's rock it out! :flowerforyou:

xo

Amber
  • boncharlie
    boncharlie Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Hello All

Just wanted to let you know that Iv'e had to stop the 30 day shred... I had abdominal surgery 4 weeks ago and I really thought I was good to go with this..... but then the nausea started and then the throwing up so unfortunately I have to throw in the towel....

If it's still ok with you I would like to continue checking in each week and follow the mini challenges.. I'm really disappointed as I was feeling soooooo strong about this. But at least I know what I am in for when I start again on November 1st,

Congrats on all the hard work you guys are putting in and kick Jillians butt for me!!!

xx
  • ML1020
    ML1020 Posts: 39
    Options
    Seriously those last two strength exercises in circuit 3 of level 2 are just killer. "Your shoulders should be BURNING right now"

Don't worry Jillian. They are.

YIKES!

And lucky us, we get to do it again today! Woohoo! That very last strength exercise about killed me. I woke up this morning stiff and sore from my neck down to my elbows. lol
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Level 2 day 3 done. Every time at the beginning Jillian says "all you badasses" and I think for a second she says "all you fatasses" and then think "geez Jillian, who peed in your cheerios this morning?"
  • Amber393
    Options
    Hello All

Just wanted to let you know that Iv'e had to stop the 30 day shred... I had abdominal surgery 4 weeks ago and I really thought I was good to go with this..... but then the nausea started and then the throwing up so unfortunately I have to throw in the towel....

If it's still ok with you I would like to continue checking in each week and follow the mini challenges.. I'm really disappointed as I was feeling soooooo strong about this. But at least I know what I am in for when I start again on November 1st,

Congrats on all the hard work you guys are putting in and kick Jillians butt for me!!!

xx

Yes! I say yes!

You started with us and by golly I'm gunna keep up with how you're doing Jillian or no Jillian!

Stay with us and like you said we'll kick her butt for ya! :smile:

xo

Amber
  • KerriMx5
    KerriMx5 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Level 2 day 1... 10 minutes or so in.. Om MY!!! Going to try again today.. Or go back to day one. Debating. It is that time of the month and I never have full strength.. (actually I have extremely bad periods) yeah going to chalk it up to that and not be being so out of shape. hehehehe
  • catbrand
    catbrand Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hey shredders!

It's day 3 of my neck/shoulder misery and it's finally on the mend! I'm on some strong painkillers and I managed 30 minutes on the cross trainer today, woohoo!! It was a feeble 30 minutes though, I actually felt weak despite only having 2 days off exercise and my HRM says I burned about 60 less calories than usual. But it's a big improvement, so I'm hoping to be back with you soon!

Sorry to hear you're having to drop out Boncharlie, but you've got to listen to your body. Hope you feel etter soon :smile:
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Ok so I can't find my DVD remote... No idea where I put it last night. But level2 is on On Demand so... I emprovise and will still count it as level 1. Off I go!

L1D6 complete
  • lbtewksbury
    lbtewksbury Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Okay I think I must have been ready for a change, I just did level 2 day 1 and loved it, I was dripping wet when I finished but so glad to be doing different exercises. Hope I feel this way in 9 days!!!!!Shred on ladies:smile:
  • lunchgirlie
    lunchgirlie Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    So folks, I have not been doing the shred for the past like, 5 days. I'm trying to decide if I should just give up or start over or just pick up where I left off. Thoughts?
  • apertuis
    apertuis Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Ugh!! Ugh!! Ugh!! That's all I can say :-( I did 2 workouts on Sunday & could only do one on Monday. My legs, shins & back are still killing me. I skipped yesterday, but will start L2 tonight. I've been using Biofreeze to try to get rid of some of the pain.
  • wendiekins
    Options
    So folks, I have not been doing the shred for the past like, 5 days. I'm trying to decide if I should just give up or start over or just pick up where I left off. Thoughts?

DON'T give up!! just start again! take it gently, dont over do it and don't feel guilty if you have to restart it a 100 times... its an excercise video and doing it once is better than never having done it at all.

why do I say this??? well... I was exhausted and very achey last night but persevered and did the shred, but wished I hadnt as I have a weak back/hip/bum muscle (old injury) and think I should've listened to it yesterday so I've skipped todays shred... and maybe even tomorrow...#gasps#... but i will do it!!! I just dont want to damage anything longterm in the process. I may take 40 days to do the 30 day shred but I WILL finish it... eventually!!! just on my terms NOT Jillian Micheals's. LOL
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    How's level 3 compared to 2?? I just started 2 today and want to know what I'm in for!

Level 3 is so much better than level 2. there is even more jumping and plank related exercise than before. Just imagine doing a plank while going up and down from hands to elbows and back and an up push up position where you are also lifting hand weights and doing leg raises. And did I mention the jumping jacks and boxing while holding weights?
  • dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    ok shredders, i am exhausted and my muscles feel like jello, but i am caught up:drinker: i did level 1 day 10 today and level 2 day 2...im passed out across the bed having nightmares of what i just did lol...but anywho...level 2 day 3 tommorow:huh: :huh:
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Halloooo,

reckon I just finished day 5 level 3, I feel good, I still can't get over just how much sweat drips off of my face and onto the carpet during the last circuit, it's almost like a small stream, I'm seriously considering laying down a towel ha ha :-(.

I don't know what clicked into place but since I started shredding, I've really been feeling a sense of "embracing the pain" so to speak (I still drop back to modified moves when I feel I need to but) overall, I'm really enjoying this shredding business, even the burning biceps at the end of level 2 (although I loathed them for the first few days).

Yay for strength. Level 2ers, hang in there, you will get stronger, and we can take those 5 second breaks Jillian mentions ever so fleetingly.

Those of you down and out from injury, I feel for you and hope you recover soon.
  • boncharlie
    boncharlie Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Morning day 13 shredders!!

I have posted the mini challenge for today...

enjoy :devil:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/366835--closed-october-shredders-minichallenge-10-13-11
  • Amber393
    Options
    Good Morning!

So I've done Day 2 Level 2, ya!

Just wanted to wish you all a great day!

I gotta get ready for work.

Talk at ya all later!

xo

Amber