Replies

• bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Subbing to part 2
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Jealous, this shred thread is huge and supportive, I was in no less than 3 shred threads throughout September and they All fizzled out into silence. Can I hang out here? I'm on day 3 level 3.
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I think to make it up to us you should go do level 3, twice! :devil: J/K I don't want you to die and I have seen level 3 and am pretty sure doing it twice in a row would be enough to kill a person.... :wink:

And 1a1a you should totally join us! The more the merrier.
  • catbrand
    catbrand Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I think I'm out for today:frown:

I've pulled a muscle in my back, not through exercise, but in my sleep!! I woke up to stretch and felt it go and it hurts so much now. I can't even turn my head to the left or raise my left arm for more than a few seconds. So I'll take today to rest it and I'll do the ice and heat thing and hope to be back with you all tomorrow for level 2.

Ouch:sad:
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I'm with you catbrand, did too much jumping (damn quick fix aerobics workouts) yesterday and my calf muscles say "noooooooooooooo". Having said that, I just spent 40 minutes doing turbofire stretch 40 and I feel a looooot better.

ljo: Level 3 twice?! You're on mwoahahaha :-D (maybe I can do it properly the second time.....now had you asked me to do double level 2....*trembles in fear of endless planking*). Delighted to join you.
  • Amber393
    Amber393 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Yay! I found you all again!

Day 10 today.

Oh boy oh boy..

Amber
  • kristyalla
    Options
    Hi,

I have recently finished the 30 day shred. I started at the same time as I changed my diet and did it over 6 weeks, lost 22 pounds and 50 cm's off my body. After I finished level 3 I went back to level 1 but used weights for Cardio and followed Nat with everything.

I'm now doing day 8 of Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 and really enjoying it, especially since I'm fitter from doing shred so It wasn't such a shock to the system. Although I'm scared to go to level 2 !!

Happy shredding :laugh:
  • KerriMx5
    KerriMx5 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    It is nice to hear from someone who finished it and had great results.

I didn't do yesterday. Sunday's are a day I never know about workouts. I am having an internal debate about that. :)

I have a question for you all. When do you get your workout in? I am struggling with this. If I wait until the afternoon/evening while hubby is traveling something ALWAYS comes up with the kids. That was my week last week. So this week I decided I would do early morning. Which means 4 AM. Well yesterday and today I tried that and I just don't seem to have it in me to do that much jumping around. My legs feel like I am dragging through mud and 5 minutes in I feel like I am going to throw up. Now I think part of that is low blood sugar since I eat early dinners. BUT really there isn't time to eat something and wait for my blood sugar to go up. So I am debating.. do I just work through it and throw up but keep going or??? Better ideas? I am not giving up here. Just trying to figure out a plan in this crazy busy life.
  • nixickle
    nixickle Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm soon to do day 8! I'm so tired! I progressed from chickpeas to proper weights yesterday! And boy my back was feeling it last night! I'm not sure I'll be ready for L2 on Wednesday! Good luck to everyone who is just about to embark on it! I'll be there soon!
  • boncharlie
    boncharlie Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Day 10 done. My other half joined me today and really enjoyed it. So now I am thinking I will do Level 1 for another 8 days with her and then we can start level 2 together. But......... would really like to have the change after 10 days.....so I might alternate it... not sure yet. Will work it out tomorrow - can't think about it too much today, I start to feel the pain all over again.. lol.
  • kristyalla
    Options
    Kerri - I struggled through the first half wrt to when to do shred, I was always leaving it until the kids were in bed and it was so late and I felt it hanging over my head until I did it.

I finally found a good time for me, I do it while the kids are eating tea. I have 2 x 2 year olds so I set them up with tea then start my work out, by the end of it they do come and bother me but by that stage I only have 10 minutes left. I then can either have dinner myself or I usually put them to bed and then have a shower and dinner.

This is working well for me and I have missed a lot less days by having a set time to do it. Hopefully you can figure out a time that works for you. I also find some days I feel 'weak' and other times really good, maybe I need a snack before I start?
  • lucyrose_
    lucyrose_ Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi! Please can I join this? I joined MFP last week and am on day 2 of level 2... It would be ace to have some support and to see some results!!
  • Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I feel so far behind now! :( I will do Day 8 and 9 today. Then day 10 in the morning tomorrow and Day 1 of level 2 at night. I feel terrible so I have to catch up.

I am thrilled with the new joiners.

AND, my challenge day was yesterday. I SUCK! So sorry ladies, I will make it up to you with my next one.
  • daniellesb1
    daniellesb1 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I feel so far behind now! :( I will do Day 8 and 9 today. Then day 10 in the morning tomorrow and Day 1 of level 2 at night. I feel terrible so I have to catch up.

I am thrilled with the new joiners.

AND, my challenge day was yesterday. I SUCK! So sorry ladies, I will make it up to you with my next one.

We forgive you, oh mighty Meghan ! I mean - I REALLY didnt miss the darn mini challenge...... hahaha

But -- can you pls give us a list of each mini challenge leader, and their specific days ? I think I need to friend some of them since dont want to miss these SUPER FUN challenges.... Yes, that was sarcasm.

I must confess as well - I didnt do Day 9 yesterday. OH NO ! So, not I have to catch up either today, or tomorrow, and am DREDDING it !!! I'll see how I feel - and if it's too much - then I think I will just take this to Oct 31st - giving myself a ONE DAY VACATION !!! LOL We'll see. Maybe I will find it in me.... to PUSH IT OUT !! :ohwell:

Hope everyone has a fantastic Monday ! And wondering who has the Mini Challenge today ?
  • lbtewksbury
    lbtewksbury Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I too skipped day 9 , my kids were all home from college this weekend so I cooked and watched movies with them. it was so worth it , but I'll get back on schedule tonight, my hubby is still away hunting so I have not excuse not to do it tonight. I can't wait to move on to level 2 , only one more night of level 1 yay!!!!!
  • miami_mimi
    miami_mimi Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I just did two rounds of level 1 trying to catch up and I still one day behind :( Sunday Fundays really get me.. so I did day 8 and day 9 today. I will try to do day 10 tonight so I can start level 2 with everyone tomorrow :):)

ps I'm glad to see I'm not the only missing out a day here and there.. it truly is challenge to do this shred 30 days in a row... so congrats to those who have done it so far.. you ROCK!
  • daniellesb1
    daniellesb1 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I just did two rounds of level 1 trying to catch up and I still one day behind :( Sunday Fundays really get me.. so I did day 8 and day 9 today. I will try to do day 10 tonight so I can start level 2 with everyone tomorrow :):)

ps I'm glad to see I'm not the only missing out a day here and there.. it truly is challenge to do this shred 30 days in a row... so congrats to those who have done it so far.. you ROCK!

Completely agree !!! ROCKSTARS !! I am just part of their Entourage..... :tongue:
  • Meghan0116
    Options
    I forgot to tell ya'll my updated stats.
    Lost 2.4 lbs.
    Inches
    Starting Now Down
    Waist: 43 41 -2 inches
    Hips: 51 47.5 -3.5 inches (not sure I measured right)
    Bust: 47 45.5 -1.5 inches (does this seem like too much?)
    Thighs: 26.5 26.5 0
    Arms: 13.5 13.5 0

Should I have lost 7 inches in the first week?
  • Meghan0116
    Options
    Mini Challenge Creators:

From today.
    ML1020 is doing the 10th, 15th, 20th, 25th, 30th
    Danielleb1 is doing the 11th, 16th, 21st, 26th
    Ncledieu is doing the 12th, 17th, 22nd, 27th
    Boncharlie is doing the 13th, 18th, 23rd, 28th
    Meghan0116 is doing the 14th, 19th, 24th, and 29th
  • Carrie_D
    Carrie_D Posts: 120
    Options
    I feel so much better knowing that I'm not the only person who missed a day! I don't know that I will do two in a day to catch up just because I usually don't get the work out in until after 8:30, and I don't know that I would be up to doing two in a row. I'm thinking that I will use 10/31 as my catch up day. I am going to go ahead and start level 2 tomorrow with everyone else and will just do an extra day of level 3 at the end. Anyone else nervous about starting level 2? I'm afraid I'm going to be as sore as I was at the beginning of level 1.