30 Day Shred for October

Options

Replies

• Iwillshyne
    Options
    level 1, day 8 for me.
    Missed yesterday due to (stinking) jury duty--the most boring'est 8 hrs of my life! So glad I wasn't chosen to serve tho! Anywho Playing catch up today. Gonna do level 1 twice! Congrats to all who are starting level 2!! Best wishes!
    #shreditup!!
  • chantels1
    chantels1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I am late, but want to join in. Started the 30 day shred 7 days ago. Still on level 1, and don't anticipate being able to handle level 2 for a while, but I am supplementing the video with extra walking etc because I am desperate to lose fast! Mind me tagging along here?
  • sb1023
    sb1023 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I am late too, but it is inspiring to see everyone's progress so i'd love to tag along if that's ok! i just started yesterday, but this is my 3rd time doing the shred (ever, not in a row), so hopefully between the inspiration here and remembering how well it worked in the past i will stick to it this time! best of luck to you all!
  • jlanab
    jlanab Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Started level 2 today and am surprised at how well i did. I understand why i quit when i got to L2 last time but I for sure will stick it out this time around! I made it all the way to the last cardio segment of workout 3 (plank jacks) and then my body was like...:noway: i had to take a break:sad: . Couple of seconds later I was back in the game until the end. Each day I am getting more and more proud of how dedicated I am. For everyone on this same journey, stay focused! :smile:
  • cgeiser1
    cgeiser1 Posts: 145
    Options
    Took a four day break almost did start back up today, but I pushed myself and I'm glad I did. Going to keep going this time!
  • Chelsea_Marinos
    Chelsea_Marinos Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Feeling much much better today!!! Level one day 9 finished... one more day of level one!! Im feeling very well and much stronger... I am still horrible at the lunges i just have really bad balance I do fine on the side lunges... annoying! I cant wait to start level two! something new! whooooo who!
  • healthyzebra
    Options
    I honestly think that I would have quit the shred if it weren't for you lovely people. (: Your progress and inches lost and talks of gaining strength are seriously inspirational - more than once have I wanted to give up, but remembering how I need to check into this thread reminds me of my commitment.

In any case, Day 3 of Level 2 is now done. It was exhausting, as usual, but...maybe not as bad as before? Not sure. I'm supplementing the shred with alternating days of the C25k program and 45 minutes of strength training targeting arms and abs. I hope that the check in this Saturday goes well!
  • tammylwv
    tammylwv Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I've not been able to do 30DS for the last few days so I've fallen behind a lot of you but I'm still going after it and will finish it. I just may take a little longer as I am still struggling with fatigue in some parts of level 1. I do put the weights down when I get to that point so I'm pressing on... :D
  • minigirl2
    minigirl2 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I've not been able to do 30DS for the last few days so I've fallen behind a lot of you but I'm still going after it and will finish it. I just may take a little longer as I am still struggling with fatigue in some parts of level 1. I do put the weights down when I get to that point so I'm pressing on... :D

Good for you, Tammy! You have the right attitude. Keep on keepin' on! :flowerforyou: Just do what you can - the main thing is to keep going.

As for me, all my office mates have been hacking and sneezing all around me for about a week, so I think I am finally succumbing. Feel off kilter, so not sure I can shred today. But I am still going to give it my best shot. Also went over on calories yesterday. :grumble: Does anyone else out there have a hard time resisting a glass of vino during the week? :drinker: I try to keep any alcohol consumption to the weekend, but there are days.....that chardonnay tasted soooo good last night! Sigh...
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Level 2, whew!! Good Job everyone who has moved on and good job to everyone still on Level 1 for sticking with it!! On level 2 I can't do the jumping part of the plank jacks cause it will wake up my kids so i just do them really fast and end up getting a good workout that way. The same with the mountain climbers, can't do them cause they are too loud on my floor for the kids. but I do the modified version really fast. I can't tell you how happy I am to be done with those dreaded side lunges!! hated those. I have noticed a great increase in strength though since completing level 1. Keep Going everyone!!!
  • chantels1
    Options
    I am on day 8 of this, and I am seeing my body change and it's incredible! I didn't eat enough yesterday, so I had no stamina when I worked out this morning and it about killed me, but I caught a 2nd wind in the last round of cardio (level 1), so I pushed myself to do the strength and 1st round of cardio on level 2! Now I am off to eat some more! ha ha!!!
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options

Keep going Tammy! You're getting stronger everyday!
  • Jwanguy
    Jwanguy Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm in i've been starting and stopping. started back up yesterday with level 2. lets get it
  • ricanstace
    Options
    Day 2, Level 2 done!! Level two is not as bad as I thought it would be. But think I sweat more on this level, compared to level 1. I can really feel my endurance is alot better than when I first started.
  • healthyzebra
    Options
    Day 4 Level 2 is now complete - nearly halfway done already! This is awesome. (:

I'm afraid I might be getting shin splints though. Crap! I'm icing my shins tonight, and tomorrow is 30 minutes of walking + 45 minutes of strength training + the 30DS, so it'll be an easy day. Hopefully I caught it early enough that they'll heal pretty quickly.

Everyone sounds like they're making awesome progress! (: I can tell that my endurance is getting better as well. Good job, everyone!
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Hanging in there on this... I'm going to try L2 tomorrow, since I've missed a couple days on L1. Yesterday, for the first time in over a year, I was able to run for a little while on the treadmill. Progress! I have terrible arthritis, so this is a very big deal for me! I'm extremely sore today, so we'll see how the workout goes, but I'm pumped to be seeing an increase in my stamina :) Happy shredding!
  • alair1980
    alair1980 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    This is my 3rd attempt at actually doing all 30 days of the 30DS! Determined to stick with it. Level 2 yesterday and I find it harder than level 1. I think my body had finally got somewhat used to the strength training exercises in level 1 and is now wondering wth I am asking it to do now! Which tells me it was probably a good time to switch to the next level. Supplimenting it with my regular running and kettlebell workouts.
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I decided to take a day off yesterday before I jumped into level 2. Well glad I did. I did level 2 this morning and was really enjoying the new moves until I got to the third set. Whoa! I'm sure I'll feel it tomorrow. I hope that it get easier on the 4th and 5th day like level 1.:laugh:
  • chantels1
    Options
    Started level 2 today and am surprised at how well i did. I understand why i quit when i got to L2 last time but I for sure will stick it out this time around! I made it all the way to the last cardio segment of workout 3 (plank jacks) and then my body was like...:noway: i had to take a break:sad: . Couple of seconds later I was back in the game until the end. Each day I am getting more and more proud of how dedicated I am. For everyone on this same journey, stay focused! :smile:

That is awesome that you are sticking with it! Are you noticing your stamina and strength growing?

I am on day 9 of level 1 and am scared to start level 2 in 2 days! I still can't do a push up! Yesterday I started lengthening my workout by doing part of level 2 to hopefully build up enough strength to make it through most of level 2 by day 11!!!
  • chantels1
    Options
    I am on day 9 of level 1, and I am still sore. It's probably because I walk 2-4 miles extra a day as well?? It's probably good that my body is still working to adjust. It means I am making big changes right? Sounds good, so I'm sticking to that story!!! LOL!