**CLOSED SKINNY CHICS & A ROOSTER CLIMB THE SEVEN SUMMITS CH

Options

Replies

• KnottyNCrotchety
    Options
    Looks like some people have taken advantage of the bonus biking weekend! In particular thank you to Bobbie and Steph, who have both entered big numbers!

Please make sure you doubled your water for Thursday (the blue square). There are a few entries that look like the normal amount (Greg, Bonnie, Cyndi, Jane, Julie, Zena, and Tina I am looking at you).

Also, if you have not tried all of the mountains yet, please make it a goal to try one new mountain this week. All of them, except for biking which requires a bike) are easy entry. Dance for a few minutes, lift something (even if its just some bicep curls with the milk jug), do some push ups/sit ups/lunges/squats, or pay someone a compliment here on the board.

Speaking of compliments, I have seen people receive some and acknowledge them and not post credit on the spreadsheet (Greg!). Please make sure you are posting those points. And stop being so stingy with the compliments people! Start spreading the love! We really have to pick up the pace on that summit in order to even think about making it to the top. There are SO MANY great people on this board, start telling them! Make someone's day! Easy, cheap and really significant. So get on it!

Andi, I would like to pay you a compliment. You have been quietly plugging away at this and entering your numbers consistently on the spreadsheet. You are doing a great job of maintaining a steady pace and it really shows in your numbers. Good for you!

Linda, I would also like to pay you a compliment! You are new to our group and have been wonderful about contributing to our climb up the mountains. You are working towards the summit of FIVE different mountains and are doing a great job at drinking your water. You have already come a long ways in your weight loss journey and I am sure have a lot you can help us all with and I look forward to learning more about and from you! Thanks for joining us and keep it up sista!

Now its Jackie's turn! You are also new to the challenge group and are contributing to SIX different mountains! I love that you are trying each one out, which is all that I have asked! You have been a fun new addition and I hope to learn even more about you as the month goes on. Thank you!

And Tina.....You have such a great attitude. I love that you have fallen in love with swimming and are promoting it to everyone who will listen. You have contributed to six different mountains so far, and are adding a lot to our challenge. Thank you so much for your contributions and I also look forward to learning more about you as the month goes on! Well done!

Eileen, one for you too! You are super consistent with your water, walking and exercises. That is the way to build a habit and change your life! You are such an inspiring person, to have had the year you have and still have such a sweet, upbeat and cheerful attitude just really inspires me. Thanks for the sunshine, Sunshine!

Bonnie, I love that you are so committed to this, that you use your phone for MFP because you do not have computer access. THAT is dedication and I always remember that when I am feeling too tired and want to just head to bed without checking in. It is very inspiring for me and I appreciate it. You are doing a great job this month and thanks for getting in those bike miles Biker Witch!

Carla, the last one tonight is for you. I ADORE that you went on a cruise and still got in your exercise. THAT is a life change my friend! Something to be really proud of. And I am sure you can make it up Diamond Head, isn't it amazing to think how far we have come, to even be contemplating things like that? To believe it is even possible? Amazing! Good for you!

And lastly, one for me. I had a customer come in today and say "Wow! You are just looking SO skinny! Did you have to go shopping for new jeans, because those ones are not all baggy like your others were getting!" I see her every week, so I was really surprised she noticed the difference. I am getting skinnier, and I did get new jeans and I love that I needed to because the other ones would not stay up any more. Woot!
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    JJ I would like to compliment you :love: My fellow stitch witch, ya know I luv ya! You are amazing. I was looking at the spreadsheet for this challenging and you are doing amazingly well. I am so proud of all that you are doing. Your constant encouragement shows how you can fit a bit of exercise in throughout the day. Reading your post today made me think 'mother hen' taking care of her chicks. Thanks for being so awesome. Hugs!!!!!!!!!!
  • Icewolf_The
    Icewolf_The Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I read everyones posts but I am just tuckered. So I'm going to say keep going! :) You're all doing great...

Greg. I am sorry about your knee. I know how depressing an injury can be. Have faith little Rooster. You'll get it worked out. If not, I volunteer to come up and kick your doctors *kitten*. I've gotten good at it. I don't even leave marks on them now. :) You can pay me in Maple syrup. and Maple Bacon. ;)

JJ don't yell.. I did double my water ;) I only had 2 cups on thursday *cringes* ;)

Love you all *bok *bok*
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Home from the gym and sure am tuckered out!
    I did 20 minutes of circuit training and then cycled 25km....let me tell you, that is a lot of mailboxes. I was quite happy to find Smokey and the Bandit on the telly, it helped me get through those last 10km.

On that note, I am going to compliment me! I sat there today, watching my body as I worked out. I love watching my muscles move under my skin/fat as I lift weights and feel my legs pump as I run. I love watching the sweat bead up from my shoulders down to my knuckles and run down my arm. I love that I worked hard enough today that there was a puddle under my stationary bike and I actually had to wring out my sports bra when I got to the changing room I had sweat so much. I love the changes that are happening to my body and I look forward to what changes continue to happen.
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    @Knotty: I'm sorry I haven't been logging points for compliments. To be brutally honest, I suck at following directions and/or reading. I do my best to keep up with the posts, but I just don't read all that quickly and only get on the forums about once per day. I'm pretty sure that I've received at least three compliments so today I logged some points.

I went swimming today and don't know what to log. I don't do laps and was with my family so we just kind of paddle around and throw a ball. I did swim a bit and feel like I would if I walked about 2 or 3 miles.

A compliment to myself. I went swimming. This for me is a pretty big accomplishment and it was doubly so b/c it meant more time with the family and got my daughter out doing something physical. Yay, me!
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I'd like to give a compliment to Becky...girl, you have been out of town for nearly two weeks and still manage to rock these changes in your life with a smile. After such a trip, I would be exhausted lying around the house in my pjs for the weekend, and yet you are out there getting some crazy burns! Your dedication to you inspires me!

I also have one for Carla...You were on vacation, an amazing cruise-filled vacation, and kept track of your exercises to add them on our spreadsheet whenever you happened to get back to somewhere with internet connection! Holy Cow...talk about commitment! I'm so glad to have you around because you remind me that this thing we are doing is for life and about life...we don't stop living because we are trying to lose weight and get healthy; instead, we start living to the fullest. Thank you!

I know there are more, and I will get to you all...NOW, I have to continue my cleaning spree, especially since the girls are home to help pull some of this crap out from its hiding places.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, hope you've all had a great weekend. Just back from visiting a friend. She makes the best mushroom risotto, but it contains an entire block of fresh butter. I don't even want to think about the calories!

Just done about 90 minutes of dance central with my daughter. I've logged 30 minutes as I reckon that's reasonably accurate. I'll stick it in the spreadsheet in a mo. I also did a fairly hefty work out yesterday, which I'll pop in there in a sec. I've not been able to swim at all, due to this ongoing nasty ear infection, which is making me feel generally icky today. On my second round of antibiotics.

Nice to see you back, Becky!

Bobbie, I feel sure this is about the third weekend you've spent cleaning. This is not natural or healthy, and must stop!
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Who are you telling? Who would've thought that 1200 sq ft could get so full of ****! It's like it's never ending. But, I have gotten the laundry room finished, and I'm going to mop all the common areas of the house, plus my bedroom. The girls still can't see their floor, so I'm not even going to try that. I need to clean out the kitchen cabinets, but I don't really feel like it today. I'm beginning to wonder if one can get ill from cleaning...of course, it doesn't help to be allergic to dust. :grumble:
  • BRISAjustAltered
    BRISAjustAltered Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    HI!! Its been a crazy weekend! I will try to log everything is asap, but not sure it will be before tuesday night. Have too much going on. But I wanted to drop this news clipping of a super old man finishing a full marathon. Thought it was note worthy just because the dude is 100 years old and freaking finished the whole thing!! Anyways, love ya! miss ya! and will be back after this two crazy exams are over.

http://news.yahoo.com/100-old-marathoner-finishes-race-235239203.html
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Hello All!! I am ashamed to say that I did NOT make it back to the gym yet! Frustrated with myself, but it's been sooooo crazy! I plan to pack a bag and get my fat butt there tomorrow, however, I didn't take part in the biking bonus. However, JJ, I will be spending some time hating that evil contraption tomorrow! Promise!

Great news on the homefront!! My basement is finished... walls are completed and painted, new carpet is in. Sad part is that my basement smells tremendously from the new carpet -- so I have had the windows all open, but it is sooooo chilly/cold here! I am upstairs wrapped in a blanket and the heater doesn't stand a chance against the open windows... the ground was white with thick frost this morning. Will be closing up the windows for overnight tonight and then probably opening them up again tomorrow. Hoping the chemical "high" smell will be gone and I can move back down into my bedroom. Additionally - my brother has "moved" in as of today, starts treatment on Tuesday... Just when I think that my stress is gone, I get tested again. <<big breath>>

OK, so a compliment was given to me today... wait, I guess 2 were. My best friend was telling me that my mom asked her about "is Becky losing weight?" Apparently (not sure I believe this because you have to understand my mother) she told my best friend that I looked gorgeous at the Baptism and my best friend asked to see a photo. I showed her the photo and she told me she thought that my mom was right. Of course, I see all the things I am most conscious of, but I did say Thank You. I did like my outfit and my make-up and hair actually looked good that day... so I will own that. Also, my sister-in-law (not the one who had the baby baptized, another one) wrote me to tell me how good I have been looking lately, etc. I have not responded but the compliment made me feel good and I am gonna let her know that.

Bobbie: Thank you for your compliment... I have been getting in some pretty decent burns considering I haven't made it to the gym. I have taken advantage of having stairs and am getting in walking whereever I can. Airports sure help! Thank you!

Now, it's my turn:

Cyndi: Your burns are amazing! You rock it out and you keep everyone laughing all the time. I appreciate your willingness to jump in and help with the Flying Foxes numbers and reporting... without even needing to ask! You are wonderful and I so appreciate everything about you!

JJ: You are so sweet and wonderful! I appreciate your thoughtfulness with me and the way you so gently support and push everyone in this challenge. You have a quiet wisdom about you... and I choose the word wisdome specifically! That's an important meaning around the word and it so completely fits you!

Julie: You touch my heart... you seem to know the right thing to say and the right time to say it. Your post to me or response to my post -- well, it meant the world. It made my heart happy! And that is a quality that draws people to you... Thank you for how you have added to my life!

Lexie: Thank you for just taking the bull by the horns... I enjoyed our conversation the other evening and your strength is unstoppable... YOU are unstoppable. You are continuing to release great numbers, especially at a time that you have said in the past would have had you turning to food. I remember thinking - when I saw Staci post something to ReNae about finding a long-lost sister... that you have been that to me! My world is better with you in it! I love ya lots and lots and lots and LOTS!! You're stuck with me BA-beeee!

Zena: Your numbers are sooooo impressive, especially the swimming that you have been doing lately! I love that you found that and embraced that! It helps you reach those big accomplishments with your release numbers... and you've made some pretty significant ones lately! I'm so happy for you!

Brisa: I love, love, LOVE that you change your profile pic so often! I do -- and you always seem so happy and full of life. I can't wait for the day that I can be happy to have photos taken OF me and that I am willing to share them vs being so darned critical! So, when I see you have a new pic -- I just smile and think to myself... "one day... one day THAT will be me!" Thank you for that! I'm so glad you are part of this family!

Linda: YAY, YAY, YYYYYAAAAAAYYYYYY!!! I am so glad that you took the courageous step to join us! You were so welcoming to me when I joined the LTL challenge and I am hopeful that our little family here has been just as welcoming. You are a steady, consistent trooper... the definition, to me, of CONSISTANCY!! Thanks for joining us and for giving us numbers here and for the FATW challenge. As you start to share more -- I just know that everyone will fall in love with you as much as I have! lol.

More compliments to follow... no one will be left out with me! This is my MOST FAVORITE-EST summit of them all! Te-he-he-he! Although, I don't know quite who I have and have not shared the love with for keeping track of my limits... figured that this would be my start for the Sun - Sat week... Love ya all!

..... NOW GET CLIMBING!! We have some SUMMITS to REACH!!...

... no, stop reading... get climbing!...

... need more motivation? OK - please remember that this challenge has been JJ's dream, that's right ladies and gent -- her DREAM! Don't kill the dream... don't do it! ... let's help JJ (and all the rest of us, you know how I feel about an uncompleted challenge, I just won't have it... I can't accept that... and you don't want me to have a heart attack from too much exercise and hyponatremia from too much water and a torn muscle from too many exercises and too much lifting... right? right?!?) reach her dream, her DREAM!! And, if that don't motivate ya... well remember that this movement will shave off a little from your *kitten*, which means that I won't have as much to kick! Besides, if killing a DREAM doesn't make you want to add numbers... there's not much hope there! ha, ha, ha. Yep - I will use extremes if they work! ha, ha, ha!
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options
    JJ I would like to compliment you :love: My fellow stitch witch, ya know I luv ya! You are amazing. I was looking at the spreadsheet for this challenging and you are doing amazingly well. I am so proud of all that you are doing. Your constant encouragement shows how you can fit a bit of exercise in throughout the day. Reading your post today made me think 'mother hen' taking care of her chicks. Thanks for being so awesome. Hugs!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Stephanie! I am a good "mother hen" and love to make help. I DO believe that you can fit a bit of exercise in throughout the day and that it can make a difference when it adds up. I think it is the knitter in me.....it takes thousands of stitches to make a sweater, one stitch at a time. :smile:
  • Icewolf_The
    Icewolf_The Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Thank you Becky :)

I'll have to buy a bike then. I ****ing can't stand the stationary bikes. And I've got a recumbent bike in my living room untouched new with all the bells and whistles and have had for almost what, 3 years now? I hate that damn thing. I'm going to burn it on the lawn.

Love you all...

still cranky..

xoxoxo
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options

JJ: You are so sweet and wonderful! I appreciate your thoughtfulness with me and the way you so gently support and push everyone in this challenge. You have a quiet wisdom about you... and I choose the word wisdom specifically! That's an important meaning around the word and it so completely fits you!

Thank you Becky! I do believe in gently pushing us towards this goal. Being a drill seargent is not my style. :wink: I hope everyone feels I have provided the tools they need to move forward with this, but in the end it is up to each of us to do this for ourselves.
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options

Just done about 90 minutes of dance central with my daughter. I've logged 30 minutes as I reckon that's reasonably accurate. I'll stick it in the spreadsheet in a mo. I also did a fairly hefty work out yesterday, which I'll pop in there in a sec. I've not been able to swim at all, due to this ongoing nasty ear infection, which is making me feel generally icky today. On my second round of antibiotics.

So you only think you danced for 15 minutes? I am not following your logic here. You did 90 minutes of dancing with your daughter on the Wii which should equal 180 feet up the mountain (1 min dancing with someone else = 2 feet) but are only going to log 30 minutes?
    'Splain it to me Lucy....
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options
    Who are you telling? Who would've thought that 1200 sq ft could get so full of ****! It's like it's never ending. But, I have gotten the laundry room finished, and I'm going to mop all the common areas of the house, plus my bedroom. The girls still can't see their floor, so I'm not even going to try that. I need to clean out the kitchen cabinets, but I don't really feel like it today. I'm beginning to wonder if one can get ill from cleaning...of course, it doesn't help to be allergic to dust. :grumble:

You know you are making the rest of us look bad that spend all our free time working out and not cleaning right? RIGHT?????

(At least that is my story....and I am sticking to it.)
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options
    @Knotty: I'm sorry I haven't been logging points for compliments. To be brutally honest, I suck at following directions and/or reading. I do my best to keep up with the posts, but I just don't read all that quickly and only get on the forums about once per day. I'm pretty sure that I've received at least three compliments so today I logged some points.

I went swimming today and don't know what to log. I don't do laps and was with my family so we just kind of paddle around and throw a ball. I did swim a bit and feel like I would if I walked about 2 or 3 miles.

A compliment to myself. I went swimming. This for me is a pretty big accomplishment and it was doubly so b/c it meant more time with the family and got my daughter out doing something physical. Yay, me!

I know its hard for your rooster brain, you have mentioned it before. :wink: But Icey was nice enough to post the pertinent info in a cheat sheet kinda thing at the top of the spreadsheet if you need to take a quick look before entering some data. Thanks for putting in the compliments you did acknowledge and the one you gave yourself as well as checking your water. I very much appreciate you doing so. :bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options

I'll have to buy a bike then. I ****ing can't stand the stationary bikes. And I've got a recumbent bike in my living room untouched new with all the bells and whistles and have had for almost what, 3 years now? I hate that damn thing. I'm going to burn it on the lawn.

Love you all...

still cranky..

xoxoxo

Hey! Miss Cranky Pants!

Acknowledge this compliment like the strong, competent, beautiful woman you are please...so we can get the 20 points! Just saying Thank You does not count. :tongue:

Hop to it! Acknowledge how freaking wonderful you are and go log the damn points. Sheesh. And I am not yelling about the water because you are so damn smart you already know it is not the best thing for you or your body living in the desert and you certainly do not need little ol' me to tell you that.

Now I am cranky! :laugh:

Love you! :bigsmile:
  • lombrica
    Options

Hop to it! Acknowledge how freaking wonderful you are and go log the damn points. Sheesh. And I am not yelling about the water because you are so damn smart you already know it is not the best thing for you or your body living in the desert and you certainly do not need little ol' me to tell you that.

You know what I love best about this... is that you said "little ol' me" !! I think that was a compliment to YOURSELF! Especially if you didn't realize it or whatever! SO... now you get your damn points! ha, ha, ha, ha.

I gotchyour back Cyndi... he, he, he, he! (and yeah, 2 different styles of laughing, not the "a" vs "e" choice!)

All kidding aside... I laughed out loud reading that - mostly because I thought - I can't imagine EVER using that phrase because I am uniquely aware of the words... so I love, love, LOVE that you did JJ!!
  • lombrica
    Options

Love you all...

still cranky..

xoxoxo

Can I please come to the burning party? please? PLEASE? PUHHHH-LEASE?!?! Seriously C - I hate the thing too! I especially hate the recumbent, though it works different muscles and isn't quite so hard on my *kitten*. I am hopeful that at a point that I am of a weight that a normal bike can handle (I don't want some fancy-schmancy expensive "big person" bike... just one from Walmart or Target... you know CHEAP!) anyway - when I can actually ride a real bike -- that I will love it like I did as a kid. I hope... cause I hate the bike at the gym. I hate it... hate it, hate it, hate it. I think about how much I hate it everytime I think about heading to the gym, am in the gym, etc. I kinda like the racing one - though it kicks my *kitten* every freaking time and my burn is always through the roof because it works you out! My HR goes way up! On those weeks are the ones that my HRM yells at me through the goals and feedback... who knew a watch could yell at you?!? But it does! Really!! Anyways - I think that both my friend and I are so miserable through the race and she has me laughing so hard I can't keep biking... I am convinced she does it because she hates that a fat person like me can beat her and almost lap her... but she also says that it makes her sweat and and she hates to sweat. But, all of this is a digression... (spelling?!? sorry Bobbie, but I promise, it's the right word, just perhaps a spelling error) ... what I really want to say is that I have Allegiant Airlines here and can get the $49 each way to Phoenix... so if and when you have a burning party... please invite me! I can live vicariously through you... he, he, he!
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Pam - I would like to compliment you. You have lost 107lbs - need I say more? Probably not, but I will. The determination you have is inspiring. It makes me know that I can do it too. You make me realize that medical professionals are human too (and that I shouldn't feel intimidated by them). Way to go on reaching so many of your goals. I love that your patience are noticing! You deserve it! Great job!!!

Bobbie - Complimenting you is easy for sure - you did it!!! You walked around that path that has been haunting you for months. Such a great accomplishments. You ROCK!!! Now you've inspired me to try something I haven't done yet - like maybe one of those exercise videos that have been sitting in my living room.

Compliment to myself - I am proud of how I am accepting comments on my weight loss lately. I finally feel less seftconcious about giving a straight answer when asked what I'm doing. I answer all questions with a proud smile on my face. I guess I'm "owning" it!