**CLOSED SKINNY CHICS & A ROOSTER CLIMB THE SEVEN SUMMITS CH

Options

Replies

• KnottyNCrotchety
    Options
    Looks like some people have taken advantage of the bonus biking weekend! In particular thank you to Bobbie and Steph, who have both entered big numbers!

Please make sure you doubled your water for Thursday (the blue square). There are a few entries that look like the normal amount (Greg, Bonnie, Cyndi, Jane, Julie, Zena, and Tina I am looking at you).

JJ....There is a good reason that I don't double on water for Thurdsay .... That is my weigh-in day...and I don't want to have a gain of water weight.

I think we had a failure to communicate. :wink: On Thursdays, whatever water you do drink counts for double. I just wanted to make sure that the people that had posted what looked like normal amounts of water for them last Thursday had remembered to double the number. You do not need to double how much you actually drink on Thursday. If you posted the correct amount, then that is just fine, it was only a reminder to double check that you had entered the double number. :bigsmile:
  • Ziggie13
    Ziggie13 Posts: 248
    Options
    Looks like some people have taken advantage of the bonus biking weekend! In particular thank you to Bobbie and Steph, who have both entered big numbers!

Please make sure you doubled your water for Thursday (the blue square). There are a few entries that look like the normal amount (Greg, Bonnie, Cyndi, Jane, Julie, Zena, and Tina I am looking at you).

JJ....There is a good reason that I don't double on water for Thurdsay .... That is my weigh-in day...and I don't want to have a gain of water weight.

I think we had a failure to communicate. :wink: On Thursdays, whatever water you do drink counts for double. I just wanted to make sure that the people that had posted what looked like normal amounts of water for them last Thursday had remembered to double the number. You do not need to double how much you actually drink on Thursday. If you posted the correct amount, then that is just fine, it was only a reminder to double check that you had entered the double number. :bigsmile:

Oh ya... I think I forgot (to much Zumba or swimming maybe :laugh:) the last couple of Thursdays to double it. I will have to go back and double it on 13th and 20th. Can't do it now, I'm at work (shhhhh)
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Stephanie, my sweet Steph. You always make me smile. You have nothing but kind words for anyone, and a helping hand. You have made such a HUGE difference in your life and body and have helped me to see the path to do so for myself. Your persistence and dedication are amazing.

Thank you! I have made a huge difference in my life and I find it shows everyday now that the little things like picking something off the floor or walking a couple blocks don't seem like a horrid thing to do. I'm happy I can make you smile. That and the kind words are the teacher in me coming out. I am proud to have these qualities.

I had 3 RL compliments today:

1. A fellow teacher returned today from maternity leave. She commented on how slim I am looking as she hasn't seen me in many months. And she's right! The new clothes are doing wonders.

2. Random person at the gym came up to tell me how well I am doing and how far I have come. I agree and I need to remember this!

3. My trainer had me doing plank tonight (a core exercise from hell). I held it for 2 minutes and she said she was very proud of me for being able to do that. I am proud too - especially as she revealed that she has never been able to hold it that long!
  • Ziggie13
    Ziggie13 Posts: 248
    Options

Oh ya... I think I forgot (to much Zumba or swimming maybe :laugh:) the last couple of Thursdays to double it. I will have to go back and double it on 13th and 20th. Can't do it now, I'm at work (shhhhh)

13th and 20th should read 6th and13th and yes, I do think its correct. I don't drink much water on Thursday's
  • Icewolf_The
    Icewolf_The Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Tina
    -- Congrats on the loss ;) And congrats on the dedication to get up every morning and go swimming for an hour. That's really fantastic. I have been so lazy lately. I need to get back in it to win it. *HUGS* Yes the more you lose the longer your body takes to let go of more fat. It's not happy about shedding those last pounds so you might have to change up your activities or throw something else in on top of it to get the same benefit you had as when you first started swimming. :)

STaci
    -- Running. Stairs. You freaking maniac. ;) My ankle hurts just thinking about it. I can't be happier for you though. Wicked good job Miss thing! :D) RAWR! I am 3 weeks behind watching castle I have them stacked up like evil weight loss tapes to watch. god that's gonna suck. ;)

Amy
    -- Okay the other girls are going to roll their eyes when I say it but. MORE PROTEIN. ;) Protein takes 6x longer to digest in your stomach than carbohydrates, thus you feel full longer. Even if it's fruit juice with protein powder it'll work. I had milk & protein powder this morning and wasn't hungry at all till dinner. Actually wasn't hungry still then, but had to eat with hubby. so :) Give it a try. You're doing Fabbo ;)

Stephanie!
    - Plank mastah! ;) Okay so my PT guys had me doing them last week on my knees using a fitness ball, and they're like you have to hold them 3 seconds and I'm like is that all? And they're like yeah we're doing 30 of them. I'm like, yeah but shouldn't it be like 10 seconds at least each rep? And they both looked at me like I was LOOOPY. So I did the 3 seconds. I managed to 'screw up' the exercise so I had to 'do it over' 2 sets. Gee... I don't know how *that* happened ;)They never figured that out. :D *HUGS*

So my day was good. My compliment on myself is that I managed to get a job offered to me and I didn't even look for one. So I am proud that I am a better human being than when I am out with my husband, who frankly is a ****hole 99% of the time to everyone. I am happy that I am returning to myself before I met him, with some modifications ;)

I am also proud I went out and bought a bike to ride. Even though I haven't had a chance to ride it yet. I intend to tomorrow. I don't care that DH gave a nasty face to me when I told him about it either. I just told him to STFU and he did. It's not the fantastic super uber Giant Rincon I had in college, but it's a bike. When I need a better one, I'll go get it I suppose. :) I am happy. The weather is getting nicer and I am looking forward quite frankly to riding away from the house and his *****y ness ;) Even if it's only for a couple of hours.
  • bigmama65
    bigmama65 Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    Linda: YAY, YAY, YYYYYAAAAAAYYYYYY!!! I am so glad that you took the courageous step to join us! You were so welcoming to me when I joined the LTL challenge and I am hopeful that our little family here has been just as welcoming. You are a steady, consistent trooper... the definition, to me, of CONSISTANCY!! Thanks for joining us and for giving us numbers here and for the FATW challenge. As you start to share more -- I just know that everyone will fall in love with you as much as I have! lol.

Thank you Becky. :heart: I am consistant and love me some challenges and was happy when you all accepted me to jump on board here and on FATW. You girl have shown me lots of love also since we have met and became friends, with always a kind word or some attitude when I need it. You push yourself beyond the limits. I have seen your drive and it does push me to do just that bit more for the team. Keep moving!!!
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Where do the hours between 5am and 8am go?!! I swear!!! I hit the treadmill, do a few reps, shower, hair, makeup - help the girls get ready for school, try to grab breakfast, pack a healthy lunch and the clock says 7:50!! I'm late already!! I always feel like I've put in 8 hours before I show up at the office. At least mr. scale showed another lbs disappeared this morning -but I'll hold off on logging that one until Monday. My physical is in less than 2 weeks and I'd like to drop 4 more before then.

Last night I played indoor Field Hockey against my daughters (parents vs kids) end of season banquet. It was a lot of fun and more exercise than I'd imagined it would be. I should probably log it. They all had ice cream sundaes after and it didn't even tempt me. We really are different people now aren't we?!!

Compliment Shout Out to Cyndi --- You are always doing new things to keep yourself on track. I love that you bought a bike. (I hope it helps to give you that space you need from your husband, but if you get a flat he'd better go rescue you!) You continue to push yourself even with when health issues pop up. That's dedication to this new lifestyle. I admire that so much and it helps keep the rest of us moving in the same direction. You are a special person. (and did I mention funny and witty?)

2 RL compliments received yesterday
    - a production working was up in the office area yesterday who I hadn't seen in a quite a while. She couldn't believe how different I looked. She was so happy for me when I told her that I feel young again (which is so true!)
    - one of the other moms at the FH banquet last night complimented me on how good I looked. She has also just lost 35 lbs and looks terrific. It was nice sharing a moment with someone else working so hard (face to face) - you know what I mean. I couldn't make it without all of you guys, but talking to someone right in front of you makes it very real. Felt great!

Going to fill my 32oz DD cup with crushed ice and H2O.
    ~keep it skinny
  • StaciO
    StaciO Posts: 998
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I "played medicine ball" with my daughter last night while watching tv. It must have done some good as my arm protested a little when I raised them to wash my hair in the shower. We will have to do it again soon.

Well miss Steph, I am impressed and have taken it as a challenge to hold a plank position for 2 minutes. I will be working on it this week for sure.

I received a RL compliment from my hubby this morning. He often tells me I look beautiful but I think he kind of does it mindlessly so it doesn't really count (but it does make me feel good). This morning he looked at me and said he was proud of the dedication I was showing for getting healthier and that I was inspiring so many other to do the same at work and if he could just put in half as much effort as I was we could both be much healthier by Christmas. And for the first time instead of just saying thank you and dropping it (which you know was a big step for me) I said thank you I am really dedicated to getting healthy and if you want we can go walking and running together and I promise I will not turn it into a race. (Lord, I hope I can keep that promise) We are going for a run together tomorrow after work.
  • thanks cynthia - i'm finding this 2 weeks and only a half pound loss thing annoying so tomorrow and the next day i will be doing my gazelle and....wait for it...NOT SWIMMING!

i am also one, especially as a vegetarian, who suffers from lack of protein, i really have to make more of an effort i think that may have something to do with these plateaus

should i be logging real life compliments on the chart? i never do - and i generally deflect them - i know i shouldnt, and i'm so amazed at all of you for reporting them and in awe of your ability to accept them, i look forward to being at that point

today's was quite unusual
    my friend who hasnt seen me since the 40 lb mark said:

Holy ****, your shoulders have disintegrated!

it's nice to hear it, but i feel like with so much weight to lose, that i am not worthy of the compliment yet....i know that sounds awful because i'm quite a strong, outgoing person, but weight (obviously) is a sore subject for me and i just feel self concious

also - the amount of people that continue to tell me how thin my face is (which to me is still fat, and double-chinny in every photo) man my face must have been REALLY F_ING FAT!!!!!!!!

ok rant over
    and i want to say - i do know how hard i'm working with the whole elimination of wheat and sugar and 6 days of exercise and no cheating except 1 day a month - i am proud of what i've accomplished i just look in the mirror and dont see it even if i am in size 22 pants for the first time in YEARS!

i have no pics of myself on here probably just for that reason (and others)
  • stephaniezoundi
    Options
    :sad: Sorry folks I'm on a two day shut down from exercise....trainer ordered :(
  • StaciO
    Options
    So, again I ran the stairs at lunch. Actually I forgot and only had 5 minutes because I was busy chatting, so I ran from bottom to top twice and finished on only 4 minutes today. This chic is getting faster. I cannot wait to see what it does to my run time tomorrow. i will have to go for a run in the morning with out my hubby so I can just go all out then go a little more sedately with him later (becuase I promised that I wouldn't turn it into a race. That will be my mantra in my head when I am with him tomorrow. Its not a race, its not a race, its not a race...lol I am so bad about that.
  • mrsduck77
    mrsduck77 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I am going to do a step aerobics class this morning.How do I count it for the challenge?
  • Icewolf_The
    Options
    Bonnie, I know it counts double as you're exercising with others. I can't remember if it's Dancing or Exercises. Record it under dancing (as if I remember correctly zumba goes there) and if that's wrong I'll change it later when/if JJ says differently. :)

:) Have fun in class!

Renae Thanks for the compliment. I am very proud of the bike too, in fact I'm going out this morning, on her maiden voyage, it's finally cool enough, and I am without boot today on purpose so I can ride it. I tried riding with the cast, not so good. I am very excited about it. I have to be moving. I really fear that if I stop I'll never start again and that I've got such a roll on this I don't want to stop. So thank you.

I can't believe you played field hockey!!! So Renae my compliment to you is to your fearlessness to put yourself out there continually to help out everyone and be there for your kids and your family and your community. I know that you do so much with your girls and for their friends and that it really tires you out a lot sometimes and yet you still keep going like the Energizer bunny. To me that is amazing. And to imagine you running up and down that field whacking that ball with the hockey stick, knees be dammed hair flying, arms akimbo, makes me very very happy. I know you were tired and exhausted afterwards but felt better than you probably had in years. :) HooAH! ;)D
  • mrsduck77
    mrsduck77 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Cynthia- thank you for your answer. When I got to the gym the instructor was away.I ended up doing a total body workout class instead I am still going to count it as dance.
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the compliment Cyndi - It feels great knowing that I can get out on the playing field again without completely embarrassing myself. Of course I embarrass my kids to no end - but that's my job. I love having the energy to get out there and play and knowing that the extra burn is a bonus.

Hoping to increase my calorie burn next week if the weather holds out. I liked the idea of getting my snow shoes out this winter. I really could do that at lunchtime around here. We are downhill skiers and love to x-country also, but I am thinking a gym membership might motivate me for a few months this winter.

I am running the cookie decorating table at our schools Harvest Fest tomorrow. It's great fun! I get to hand cookies, messy frosting and sprinkles out to the kids and let them go crazy! We have a haunted house and tons of fall games for them to play. Then tomorrow night we have a 50th BD party to attend at a club. Now when you live in Maine a 'CLUB' is not some shiek dark sexy bar with a dance floor and fancy drinks. It's a VFW or an AMVETS hall with metal folding chairs and sticky tables. But it's a night out with DH none the less and we might even go to another bar on the way home to dance to some live music.

Sunday will be wood day. We have a couple cord to bring into the basement so we won't freeze this winter when the power goes out for a week at a time (which is normal come January). Maine - you either love her or you tolerate her.
  • Icewolf_The
    Options
    I can't believe this late in the season yer still stocking up on wood I remember we had a wood pile we'd prepped literally at the edge of the back patio it was was cord wide and 20-25 feet long and about a good 5 feet high. By the end of winter it was less than half. And that's all that was used to heat the house, one fat potbelly wood stove. So aye. I understand the wood. :) Love the trees. Have a good weekend!! Sounds full but also fun.

I am hoping *finally* to tackle the closet clean out of my 'oversized' clothes. *sighs* I have been procrastinating so long. But I'd like to actually be able to hang my new clothes up, instead of using the laundry sorting rack as my closet. It's rather depressing. Also I need to start going through all of the clothing bins and sorting and repopulating those as well. Or stuffing them into the vac pac bags we bought for shipping to Maui. God help me. If I can get through all that this weekend.... I will eat a few more of those fricking cheesecake brownies I made for Mr. Man last night. Damn. It was so good too. :P 280 calories a pop for a 2" square. *cries* And that was using the 1/3 less fat philly cream cheese :(

UGH. Have a good weekend everyone!

(BTW the bike ride almost killed me this morning. Moving your body weight up and down the hills is worse than I thought)

So my compliment today is for Staci. You my darling have buns of steel. And Thighs of Titanium. For doing the biking on top of the 5k I think I owe you more than I could possibly imagine. Egad.. 18 miles.. I could barely paddle 1. *zonks* You are amazing. i have mucho respecto for your your paddle power today ;)
  • stephaniezoundi
    Options
    People we need to get complimenting, dancing and drinking (water)!!!!!

That said a compliment for Renae: You have worked so hard to change your life and you are now a very active individual who takes part in many activities and is a shining example for your kids. I'm proud of you and you should be too!

Cynthia I love that you never let anything slow you down. you are wickedly funny and witty and keep us all onour toes and encouraged. You are my hero.

more to come later .....I needs me supper....
  • StaciO
    Options
    Thank you Cynthia, my buns feel like steel sometimes. and I have noticed that they are no longer flat! LOL. I hit the local gym before heading to Curves this moning and am getting ready to log 44 more miles on the bike and 3.1 running and then my curves plus I lifted a little weights. I am off for another whirlwind at the childrens hospital for the weekend but I am bringing some snacks and my yoga mat at least so I don't get all sore from just sitting there.
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options
    I have been down with a terrible cold. Sorry to drop off for a couple of days! I still had to go to the shop some and then would drag myself home and crawl into bed and sleep.

Feeling better today and hoping I will back in fighting form tomorrow.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: I am so thrilled to see that we have summited two mountains!!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

We have made it to the top of Vinson Massif in Antarctica, our Endurance Summit, with our walking/running/swimming. We have also made it to the top of Mount Elbrus, our Exploration Summit, with out exercises! SO FREAKING AWESOME!!! 2 down, 5 to go!!! And only 10 days left in October! Time to turn up the heat!

This weekend's extra challenge will be for......

Dancing and Compliments!

Double points for dancing this weekend and Double Double points (aka quadruple points) for dancing with someone...ANYONE....else. And when you dance to any of the following songs it gets doubled again!

Footloose-Kenny Loggins (or I supposed whoever does the remake for the remake movie)
    Gettin' Jiggy Wit It-Will Smith
    Dancing Queen-ABBA
    Brick House-Commodores
    I Feel Good-James Brown
    Sexy Back-Justin Timberlake
    Don't Cha-*****cat Dolls
    Let's Get Physical-Oliva Newton John
    Born to Run-Bruce Springsteen
    Feelin' Alright-Joe Crocker
    Stronger-Kanye West
    Jump-Van Halen
    Get Busy-Sean John
    You've Got a Friend in Me-Randy Newman
    We Are Family-Sister Sledge
    What I Like About You-Romantics

I am also removing all limits on compliments for the weekend and also doubling their value. If you have not given anyone in the challenge a compliment, this weekend is the time to do it. And really, I believe everyone has gotten at least one. So please return the favor and give one out, or two, or twenty.

I am paging Pam, Andi, Amy, Eileen, Lexie, Bobbie and Becky....you are all more than a few days behind in logging on the spreadsheet. If you have anything to input, if you could please do so that would be super helpful so we can tell where we are heading into the home stretch.

I am so proud of all of you and of us as a group for getting this far through the challenge and all the exciting changes people have made to their routines to shake things up. I believe we can still make it to the top of those last 5 summits with a lot of determination and some serious complimenting while dancing and drinking water (and really, if you drink enough water it makes you dance until you get to the potty anyways!), so lets go for it!
  • stephaniezoundi
    Options
    Good Afternoon/Morning!

Well I was quite happy to be able to do Zumba this morning as I called late yesterday and was on the stand-by list. It was super hot this morning - literally. The AC was broken and the instructor has planned all super fast songs. Quite the burn on the dance floor. I had planned to do 30DS but was unable to buy any hand weights that I thought were heavy enough. I watch level 1 yesterday and it looks alright to do - very similar to what my trainer does with me. I think hubby has some hand weights around somewhere so I am hoping I can start it tomorrow or early this week.