**CLOSED SKINNY CHICS & A ROOSTER CLIMB THE SEVEN SUMMITS CH

Options

Replies

• KnottyNCrotchety
    Options
    I have a question and maybe its cheating, if I were to bring my 1 pound ankle weights and wear them when I run the stairs, could I then count them on the weight training summit? I am pretty sure I would be walking and not running the stairs but just thought I would ask. I just thought I am doing it anyway and if adding the weights means I could count it....there are 88 steps each way, so if I counted only only once for each set of right and left feet it would come out to 9 points for each full lap from bottom to top and back (according to the little calculator on the spreadsheet) and I do on average 7 or more laps each day. So, JJ since this is your challenge I will defer to you. Would I be cheating if I added my ankle weights and counted it on the weights summit?

Not cheating, go for it!
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    JJ thank you for accomodation for those of us on the other continent!! I see some wii dance in my future and I'm doing an extra zumba class tomorrow :bigsmile:
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...I will have to think about this group dance thing because 6-9 PST is 10pm-1am here (right?). If I'm not dead already from my regular workout, or asleep, i'll throw one of those damnable videos on...I really don't like workout vids; they bore the heck out of me. I'm going to try and make it to Zumba tonight...I think it starts at 6...and tomorrow at 6:30, plus get some bike miles in. We'll see how it all goes, but I do owe you all a whole week's worth of workouts due to my slackerness last week.

Compliments:

Steph, I love to watch how you talk all this change into being. You get upset with yourself, get frustrated with your loss, come in here, tell us what you're going to continue to do or change or bump up or whatever, and then you have a crazy loss the next week! It's like from your lips to the fat cells' ears (If they have any)!

JJ, your patience with us is admirable, to say the least. You created this challenge for us; you helped us work through that difficult first week of workouts and logging; you've encouraged every single one of us; and even thought it looks a little bleak about us being able to finish your baby, you still find ways to try and make it happen without letting us give up or working yourself up into a tizzy. If I weren't already dedicated, your demeanor alone would get me moving!

Lexie, I know you've been feeling overwhelmed with everything lately, but your wall posting this morning inspired me more than you can imagine. i thnk that sometimes all of the things we can't control overpowers our lives, and we forget that there are things within our control that will make us feel good and powerful. I love that you keep coming back to that realization. You are an amazingly strong woman!

RL compliment to me: yesterday i went to our weekly training, and two of the coaches for my position, looked at me coming in and said "Wow, you look great!" It was one of those something's-different-but-I-can't-figure-out-what moments, which I thought was priceless, so I just smiled and said thank you. The other coach, who knows I've been working out and losing weight just smiled and said, yep, she sure does. I'm not going to tell them what's different because when they finally figure it out, I'll know the change is totally obvious.

Compliment for myself: I'm at the point now where I'm finally starting to feel that this change is a reality. I mean, I see the numbers changing, and I see the inches gone when I measure, but I think I was still incredulous to the fact that I am what's making it all work. I think it was always a thought of, oh that's just what my body does, or oh the medicine's working, or whatever, but never a feeling of I am working my *kitten* off, and I am making this happen. It's a very empowering feeling :-)

Don't worry, I'll be back. As you guys talk, other things trigger in my mind!
  • erh20000plus
    erh20000plus Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Bobbie - Thank you for the compliment! It makes me feel wonderful to know that I can be helpful and be able to give back for all the times that someone has nhelped me through hard times.

All rightie! Onward to some compliments!

Bobbie - I love the fact that you are a strong person and so filled with a can do attitude!

Stephanie - I love your smile, your strength, and your energy! Even when times are rough, you plow through them determined to meet your goals!

JJ - I love your commitment to the group, the encouragement, and the way you are there for us always!

Becky - I love that you are realistic, are quick with both the butt-kicking and the compliments when we need them, and always have a plan to get the job done!

Staci - I love the fact that you acknowledge your alter ego and are always upbeat through sickness and adversity!

Andrea - I love that even though you are busy you make time to be here, contribute, and support all of us!

Tina - I love that you have grown out of your "nfat" and that you are being honest with yourself and your hubbie!

Ok, I better get to work but more will follow!
  • StaciO
    StaciO Posts: 998
    Options
    Thanks JJ for the clarification on my two questions and I will count them. I forgot my anke weights today but I will bring them tomorrow and use them.

Eileen- thank you. I wondered when I first posted about Stac if you all would think I am crazy but you know I decided if I was going to take this weight off and be able to keep it off I had better examine myself and do everything openly and honestly so you all get th ereal me no matter if I am crazy or not. And a compliment for you, I love you attitude and your outlook on life. I have a very good friend who is also a breast cancer survivor and she really let it define who she is. It seems that everytime we see eachother she brings up the fact that she had it. You have taken your cancer and let it make you stronger, more determined, and maybe changed your outlook on your life and how you want to live it but you have not let it define who you are. Don't get me wrong I am so pround and happy that my friend is a survivor but I think she uses that as a crutch for the rest of her life. She always introduces herself as a breast cancer survivor to people when she first meets them not as a wife or a mother and I often wonder how that makes her husband and children feel that even though she beat cancer she still puts it before them on her "list". Anyway, I have again stryed from what I was saying. I am very proud of you for being strong and smart and knowing that your cancer does not define who you are.

And here was a very blunt RL compliment I received last night. It was Schwan's night (meaning it was delivery night of the Schwan's products I ordered) like it is every twice a month and after I opened the door to let the Schwan's man in to drop of the groceries on the dining room table, he was behind me and said " Your butt is getting tiny." I started laughing and gave him a big kiss on the cheek and said it was the nicest thing I had heard that day. I can't believe someone said my butt was tiny. My butt? Yessss. It gave me just the motivation I need to run the stairs again today. LOL
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Compliments to my supportive comrads . . .

Eileen - You made it below 250 this week. You have worked hard and made so many life changes to get here. You have a busy family and still make time for yourself because you know it's important. I admire this so much because I know how hard it is. Keep up the great work. You're worth it!!!

Steph - You rocked it past 250 this week also. Losing 10lbs in a week is incredible. You are the hardest worker at the gym and are so committed to this. I can't imagine being that dedicated to one thing. I wish I had your energy and determination!! You're an amazing person. Enjoy it - keep it going - reach for your next goal!

Bobbie- the compliments you are getting at work are well deserved! You have made so many changes in your life and there is no turning back now. It's been fun listening to you set you goals and celebrating with you when you reach them. You sound like a very fun person to be around. I liked your comment about how 'YOU are making this happen' - we really can amaze ourselves can't we?! Don't look back- keep it going. You're doing everything right!!

I learn something about myself from each of you everyday - so if you are reading this - log it as a compliment. Thanks for being here everyday to offer support, ideas and encouragement. Without all of you I would be sitting in front of the TV with a bag of Doritos. My life is better because you helped me get here. Thanks!!!
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Gotta log one RL compliment - well sort of real life. There is this *****-ie women at work who I avoid at all cost. She's just not friendly, kind of cold and down right mean most of the time. I try to make friendly conversation but she's very condescending. Well, another co-worker said that she was talking about me the other day and was saying how good I looked. So now I feel bad for calling her a B. But why can't she be nice to my face?
  • k2quiere
    Options
    Bobbie - I love the fact that you are a strong person and so filled with a can do attitude!

Eileen, thank you! I've always considered myself strong-willed, but I'm finally starting to see myself as strong in other ways. The confidence is continually growing, and I know I can't let a defeatist thought lodge its way in or I'm done.

Bobbie- the compliments you are getting at work are well deserved! You have made so many changes in your life and there is no turning back now. It's been fun listening to you set you goals and celebrating with you when you reach them. You sound like a very fun person to be around. I liked your comment about how 'YOU are making this happen' - we really can amaze ourselves can't we?! Don't look back- keep it going. You're doing everything right!!

Renae, thank you! I like to have fun and joke around, even in RL. I wish I could be as open and approachable in RL as I feel here with you all. I'm working on it. So, thank you for reminding me that even when it feels like everything is going wrong, I am DOING everything right...the world just needs to catch up!
  • StaciO
    Options

And here was a very blunt RL compliment I received last night. It was Schwan's night (meaning it was delivery night of the Schwan's products I ordered) like it is every twice a month and after I opened the door to let the Schwan's man in to drop of the groceries on the dining room table, he was behind me and said " Your butt is getting tiny." I started laughing and gave him a big kiss on the cheek and said it was the nicest thing I had heard that day. I can't believe someone said my butt was tiny. My butt? Yessss. It gave me just the motivation I need to run the stairs again today. LOL

You know what I just realized about this??? That means he was checking out my butt!!! Oh my god what an ego boost. I am on top of the world today.:happy: :happy:
  • k2quiere
    Options

You know what I just realized about this??? That means he was checking out my butt!!! Oh my god what an ego boost. I am on top of the world today.:happy: :happy:

That's immediately what I thought when i read it...means he's been checking out your butt for a while :wink:
  • stephaniezoundi
    Options
    Steph, I love to watch how you talk all this change into being. You get upset with yourself, get frustrated with your loss, come in here, tell us what you're going to continue to do or change or bump up or whatever, and then you have a crazy loss the next week! It's like from your lips to the fat cells' ears (If they have any)!

Thank you. I like knowing that I accountable to all of you for the changes that I say I am going to try and implement. And it was extra nice seeing that water and protein intake being rewarded with all those pounds!

Stephanie - I love your smile, your strength, and your energy! Even when times are rough, you plow through them determined to meet your goals!

Thank you, I am proud of how strong I have become and that others see me as energetic. I will get to my goal (even though I'm not really sure what that is!)
    Steph - You rocked it past 250 this week also. Losing 10lbs in a week is incredible. You are the hardest worker at the gym and are so committed to this. I can't imagine being that dedicated to one thing. I wish I had your energy and determination!! You're an amazing person. Enjoy it - keep it going - reach for your next goal!

Thank you it is pretty incredible to lose that much in a week. I am commited to the gym and I love the feeling that I get when I am there and everyone sees how hard I am working.

RL life compliments:

Another client at the gym came up to me today to say she can't believe how much weight I have lost and wanted to know what I was doing as she wants to be able to do it as well. I am happy that I can inspire other people to want to change their lives as well.

My client was impressed with my training today and said so (especially as I'm not feeling great). Its always nice to have it confirmed by the professional that you are working hard!
  • stephaniezoundi
    Options
    Compliments to the lovely people here:

Eileen: you are like the little engine that could or the energiser bunny depending on how you look at it. You aren't letting anything get in your way (the engine) and you just keep on going (the bunny). Well done to you !

Lexie I am proud of you. I saw your status this morning and smiled and thought to myself, there goes a determined woman. You are going through a lot but are realising that things like exercise are going to make you feel better. If that's not the sign of a changed life, I don't know what is.

Bigmama - I love the attitude you showed in your post that you will never give up. You are showing great determination. Getting through the hard times shows such dedication and commitment. You've been contributing to the challenge and I'm proud that you have stuck with it.

Tina - I'm proud of you for letting your husband in the way you did with your weight loss. It must feel wonderful to own that moment and know that you are not going back there again and that you are doing so with his love and support. What a strong woman you are.
  • carhicks
    carhicks Posts: 1,924 Member
    Options
    Hello all,
    I just caught up on the posts and have lots of compliments for you. I know some of these are from older comments, but I still wanted to share.

Staci - I love how you have taken everyday things and used them to exercise and be healthy. We can all take the stairs instead of the elevator and add that to our lives. Sometimes we just don't think of it. As well playing medicine ball with your daughter... Again spending time with your family without a special routine. Awesome job and good motivation for us all.

Greg - Getting into the pool after so long is fantastic. Being able to try something new in this journey no matter how uncomfortable it makes us feel, but doing it anyway is a huge step. Great job. Hope the knee feels better. Water is great exercise when you are hurt.

Steph - I have never complimented you or responded to your posts and I do not know why. You are so inspiring. You have had some changes in your life (getting married) work and live in a different country and have made such huge changes in your lifestyle. It boggles the mind. You are such an upbeat person, even when you were hurt, and keep on going. You constantly compliment others and share your day with us. Thank you for being you and being part of "My Fitness Pals"

Cynthia - You are another person whose posts I love to read. You are so honest and open with all of us. You bought yourself a bike and went out to ride it. I have only ridden the stationary bike in the gym as I do not think I am ready to put my fat *kitten* out on the road yet. You took on the closet and have a new wardrobe which is awesome. You continue to lose and give us advice when needed. You are truly a motivator to us all. I love that you also helped to put this challenge together with the spreadsheet and all. Thanks

Renae - You are so inspiring. The things you do with your family keeping active and being such a good role model. You are showing your family and the rest of us that being fit and healthy is just a normal part of life. Thanks

Bonnie - It is great to see you trying new things. I love that we are all doing that as part of this challenge. I am hoping to try Zumba this week as I have seen so many of you doing that.

Tina (nfat) - Thanks for sharing the tip about the gum and parties. I want to compliment you on eating healthy and still enjoying yourself at a party. I am still having trouble with that one and hope to try the gum trick next time.

JJ - My compliments to you on your new clothes and attitude. I love the philosophy look good, feel good. If we are proud of ourselves it shows. Keep it up and pretty soon, you will have to buy another whole wardrobe.

Bobbie - My compliments to you for several things. First of all, congratulations on getting under th 300 plateau. You are losing so rapidly and exercising so much it is amazing. You are another member of this thread who share your wit, charm and life with us. I love to read your posts, you inspire me as well.

Becky - My compliments for your time going over the mountains and collating the information for us. I have been riding the bike and adding some strength training so I hope this helps. You as well continue to share so much of yourself with us that it is motivating as well. Thanks.

RL compliments:

My husband complimented me this week about the new clothes and how they make me look. He also commented when we walked up Diamond Head that five months ago he did not think I would have been able to do it. He is proud of what I have accomplished, but I think he still thinks I will not stick with it. I will show him with all your support and my new attitude.

I went to a hockey game on Sunday and met up with 2 teachers who I worked with last year. I had not seen one of them for 4 months. He was at a loss for words. He said " You look different, then finally said Svelte" I almost swooned, noone has ever used that word to describe me.

Last night I had coffee with a couple of friends and again was told how great I looked. One of them had me stand up and spin so she could see me in my new jeans.

Okay, so I am now wearing size 22 (was in a 26) and they are already getting a bit baggy. Yeah!! Last night I came home from my coffee date and ate a whole bag of chips. Not sure why but I did. I felt like crap this morning when I got up so learned my lesson that I won't do that again. I will move on and not let this get me down.

Okay, so enough rambling for today. Time to go outside and cut the grass.
  • stephaniezoundi
    Options
    oh I forgot a real life compliment from my hubby
    sorry its tmi :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed:
    Having a serious heart to heart last night about life and marriage and babies and he compliment me saying that since I've lost all this weight our uhm, baby making time', has improved a lot :embarassed:
  • stephaniezoundi
    Options

Steph - I have never complimented you or responded to your posts and I do not know why. You are so inspiring. You have had some changes in your life (getting married) work and live in a different country and have made such huge changes in your lifestyle. It boggles the mind. You are such an upbeat person, even when you were hurt, and keep on going. You constantly compliment others and share your day with us. Thank you for being you and being part of "My Fitness Pals"

thank you. My hope is that if I can do it now with everything that is going on, when life sooner or later settles (does that ever happen????) it will be easy to maintina. It is important to me to be upbeat, I am a pessimist by nature and this is something that I am continually working on. Thank you carla.
  • StaciO
    Options
    So, I went to go run the stairs this morning and my calf muscles started protesting. Not a little whimper but a scream so I think today I am glad I didn't bring my ankle weights and I will just eat my lunch and then rest and enjoy some company with my co-workers and give it a go tomorrow.

carhicks- thank you this month especially i have been finding ways to incorporate "exercise surges" in my day as I have been working very hard on the charity gala and knew that finding my exercise time was going to be a challenge this month and I think I have had really made the stairs a habit. I find it is a goo time to think because the stairs are relatively quiet and there are actually very few people that take them. I also want to compliment you on putting your bad snack choices behind you from yesterday and just moving on. I know it is not always an easy thing to do. Great job!
  • just in from my pottery class, haven't read all, but i did read the tip Bobbie gave me, i didnt know i could change my name! thank u so much....see new name (i couldn't get incredible with a C so i used the K) my husband gave the new name

more tomorrow....must head up, get to bed, and get up to swim....

xo
  • k2quiere
    Options
    I LOVE the new name! Fits you much better than the old one. Now how about putting your real name in your signature so those with short term memory issues (ME ME ME) can remember it :cry: I'm so bad...I always told my students that it would take about 3-4 weeks before I'd know their name because I wouldn't learn them until I started handing back papers. I never forget a face, but I will forget a name in a second!
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options
    Hmmm...I will have to think about this group dance thing because 6-9 PST is 10pm-1am here (right?). If I'm not dead already from my regular workout, or asleep, i'll throw one of those damnable videos on...I really don't like workout vids; they bore the heck out of me. I'm going to try and make it to Zumba tonight...I think it starts at 6...and tomorrow at 6:30, plus get some bike miles in. We'll see how it all goes, but I do owe you all a whole week's worth of workouts due to my slackerness last week.

JJ, your patience with us is admirable, to say the least. You created this challenge for us; you helped us work through that difficult first week of workouts and logging; you've encouraged every single one of us; and even thought it looks a little bleak about us being able to finish your baby, you still find ways to try and make it happen without letting us give up or working yourself up into a tizzy. If I weren't already dedicated, your demeanor alone would get me moving!

Oh hell, I meant to change it so that it worked for the East Coast after work too. Just do it from 6pm-9pm where ever in the world you are.

Thank you for the compliment Bobbie. With four kids, my patience is well honed. I have learned the hard way that freaking the frack out only gets me worked up, not anyone else. I saw a commercial for a car last night that had Phil Jackson in it that said basically the same thing, "I've found that anger is the enemy of instruction," Jackson says. It is my baby, and I am still really hopeful that we can pull this off, but it would be meaningless to do it just to do it.
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options

JJ - My compliments to you on your new clothes and attitude. I love the philosophy look good, feel good. If we are proud of ourselves it shows. Keep it up and pretty soon, you will have to buy another whole wardrobe.

Thank you! I am actually loving getting dressed in the morning and putting together outfits for a change. I had really given up and been wearing jeans and a tee shirt with a sweater over it almost every single day. No more! I can't wait until I can buy the next size down! I shop at the thrift store to keep costs down, so I never know what I am going to find which makes it all the more fun.