Stone off by Christmas!

Options

Replies

• lazyspice
    lazyspice Posts: 8,515 Member
    Options
    1lb off - at last! I've been stalled on 218 for a few weeks so it's nice to see the scales moving again :happy:

How is everyone doing?
  • Genie30
    Genie30 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Fabulous Lazyspice! I'm so pleased for you :-D I know what it's like to be stuck on a weight and it's such a relief when the scales move.

Glad to hear everyone sounding so positive and I hope you've all had fun!

I've not been a huge success this weekend as I did give into sweets Friday and Saturday night but the scales have stayed the same so I'm hoping my exercise has hepled to not make it stick too much. I blame being bored an loanly on this one. In the morning I kept myself busy with shopping, cleaning and gardening but by the evening i was loanly and not feeling very happy. All I could think about was if the BF didn't have to work, we could have made the most of this heatwave and gone camping so I think the sweets were suposed to make me feel better. I just ended up feeling sick.

Next week will be interesting because it's registration week where I work. Tomorrow I have to be at work for 7.30, doors open at 9.00 and then I'm stuck to a desk registering people until 6pm. Then I have to be at the welcome event from 6.30-8.30pm so I'm not going to have much opportunity to eat at all never mind snack! Tuesday I'm on registration from 8.00-3pm again followed by tidying up and the Wednesday I've another event after the main days work until 8pm. Thursday and Friday I'm going to be shattered but it's still going to be busy mopping upeveryone who didn't attend the main event and dealing with enquiries.

Hopefully I'll have lost a few pounds after all that!
  • lazyspice
    Options
    I can sympathise with the boredom eating - I have to resist the tendency to binge when I'm home alone. It was never sweets or cakes though, my comfort foods of choice have always been bread and cheese. Nowadays I get on the treadmill, it's not easy to scoff while I'm moving!

You've got some long and busy days ahead of you, I bet you'll sleep well though! Try to resist snacking on sugary sweets or crisps, if you can - not easy when you're up to your eyeballs, I know, but maybe some dried fruit and nuts or something along those lines? I'm hooked on yogurt coated raisins in little portion packs!

Good luck :wink:
  • evendeadlier
    Options
    I was so shocvked at the scales this morning, i had to weigh myseld a few times to be sure!! I am well on my way to my goal of 196lbs by xmas!

Today I weigh 208.8!

How is everyone else doing? xx
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I was so shocvked at the scales this morning, i had to weigh myseld a few times to be sure!! I am well on my way to my goal of 196lbs by xmas!

Today I weigh 208.8!

How is everyone else doing? xx

Well done....!!!

I'm not doing so good.... no loss this week... need to sort myself out....
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Amazingly I was 0.2kg down this morning (from Friday) - maybe I should take the weekend off more often!

I'm really hoping to lose 5lbs to break into the 130s this month. That would take me under 10 stone and give me a healthy BMI for the first time in YEARS!
  • Genie30
    Options
    I think I've lost a pound since last week so I'm on track for where I wanted to be. Good work everyone!
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I am 0.1kg UP from yesterday, but still 1.4lbs down from my start weight of 146lbs :happy:

Nice work everyone and keep it up!
  • cazyll
    cazyll Posts: 184
    Options
    4 lbs off in my first week, so i'm well on track. I dont think my weight loss will be as dramatic in the coming weeks. I aim to loose a pound a week from now on.
  • ingot81
    ingot81 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I would love to lose a stone before Christmas so count me in!
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I managed a very, very small lose this week down from 137.7lb to 137.3lb, so 0.4lb. I only count in whle lbs though, I thinkmaybe when I get below 137, i may start adding every tiny bit as my weight is coming off very slow these days. I did manage a whole 1% of body fat loss though, all the shredding twice in one days seems to have paid off :)
  • lazyspice
    Options
    I think I might have sabotaged myself for this week - there was a pizza incident on Tuesday :ohwell:
  • Genie30
    Options
    Seems to be a lot of people struggling at the moment and I'm sure the grey clouds, wind and rain have something to do with it! Anyone got any good ideas for low cal winter meals or comfort food substitutes?

We're having the family over for bonfire night soon so I was thinking jacket potatoes, chilli con carne and roasted root vegetables to keep everyone warm!
  • rebeccalippett
    rebeccalippett Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Oh no! I had a pizza related incident this week to.....

Low cal but VERY AUTUMNAL AND YUMMY recipe alert.....

A quarter of a pumpkin or one whole squash it - peeled and chopped
    One Apple cored, peeled and chopped
    One onion peeled and chopped.
    One low fat chicken or vegetable Bouillion cube.

Put all of the above into a saucepan, cover and simmer for around an hour. After cooking, puree the mixture with a blender until smooth.

Add salt, pepper, a tbspn of curry powder and 115g of non-fat fromage frais or quark.

Spiced Pumpkin soup - Seasonal, warming and yummy!!

Make a big VAT and you can treat yourself through the week. :-)
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I have finally lost some weight....!!! 1.2 pounds to be exact....

It's been two weeks coming.... I think a combination of eating too much caribbean food, my sweet tooth and ramping up my exercise with strength training every other day - completely affected me losing....

Anyway... I'm close to hitting some milestones....
    1 pound to go till I reach ONE-derland
    5 pounds to go till I'm no longer 14 stone something....

"Gotta keep pushing play...." - Chalene Johnson
  • nicdopson27
    Options
    i have been on and off this site for over a year and a half .. really really need encouragement .. nd losin a stone by xmas would be amazin im back up to 14 stone 4lbs.. august this year i went down to 13 stone 2 lbs and get bored and put it all back on .. i have no other support from any1 nd need some friends to help... can i join ur xmas club lol xxxxx nicola xxxx
  • Genie30
    Options
    Welcome Nicdopson! The more the merrier!

Marianne, thats awesome! You must be delighted ;-D

Bex, sounds yummy! Going to have to try that one.
  • cdpm
    cdpm Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Today is a real kick up the bum day and time to get back on track. My boyfriend is away on business for a week so I have a week to concentrate on working out and my diet as I have nobody to blame but myself.

Today I've done very well I think. I have wanted loads of snacks, but I have managed to keep my snacks to a minimum and drink plenty.
    Fingers crossed to the rest of the week!
  • cazyll
    Options
    I'm sorry I haven't been here for a few days. I had a fat day on Sunday, which felt good at the time and I didn't feel guilty because I've been so good and I knew I wasn't giving up, just having an off day. But the bad new is it has slowed my weight lost down. Although the scales only showed half a pound gain they aren't moving anymore. It seems to take my body a while to recover from excess.

So this is has been an important lesson for me. It is ok to have a treat on Sunday, like a cake or chocolate bar but to work it into my calories and NO indulging.

I so hope the scales move a little in the right direction tomorrow. I'm nearly half way to a stone!!
  • cazyll
    Options
    bleugh things are still not really moving even though I've been good.

Sometimes weight lost sucks, the first week you loose loads and you get this false sense of 'this isn't going to take too long, it's been pretty easy'. Then the weight lost slows right down and frustration kicks in. Why can't every week be like the first week?

I will weigh in tomorrow and let you know how I've done.