Stone off by Christmas!

Options

Replies

• Milziemooxx
    Milziemooxx Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am also aiming to lose a stone (14lbs) before Christmas!

Anybody feel free to add me, I am Emily from Surrey in the UK :happy:! xxx
  • Genie30
    Genie30 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Yay! Even more people, fantastic. Welcome everyone.
  • Genie30
    Options
    Don't forget to make friends with each other everyone. That way the group can really help everyone.
  • panyg
    panyg Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone.

I only joined yesterday so just a quick update.

Eating has been good, no cheating so far. I'm aiming for 1500 calories a day, under 100 carbs a day and low fat. If that doesn't work, I will probably go back to a low carb plan.

I haven't been to the gym so I need to improve on that.
  • Genie30
    Options
    Good work Panyg!

I was having a great week until Thursday when I went on day long binge and put my loss back on again! Seeing what I can claw back before my weigh in tomorrow now.
  • panyg
    Options
    Thanks Genie30!

Don't worry about the binge, you can rescue most of the gain by doing well today!
  • symegeer
    symegeer Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as Panyg, just joined yesterday so not much to report weight-loss wise since then. It's been a great week though, lost just over two pounds when I weighed in yesterday and I've been getting some excellent workouts in. I'm aiming for 1400 cals a day but I usually eat back some of my exercise calories too. Hope everyone has had a great week, I'm looking forward to giving a proper update next week!
  • Diggy2011
    Diggy2011 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I had pork chops last night, My hubby tried to get me to eat KFC on thursday after seeing Joels high school teacher I said no just cheese sandwhiches when we get back and a cooked meal for tea. I like wearing the trousers, My goal is to lose a pound a week we have 10 weeks left no doubt the grils will want me to go to toby carvery for christmas lunch.

Staring weight 11 stone 1 so already lost 3lbs

Current weight naked 1st thing in the morning on an empty stomache is 10 stone 12. hopefully 10 stone 2 by xmas.

My exercise routine is 30 mins Zumba on the wii 4 times a week.

About 4 years ago after the birth of my youngest was my motivation to lose weight 38 weeks pregnant I hit 12 stone 3lbs baby was large he weighed 8lbs 15 but day after birth couldn't believe my eyes on the scales I weighed 10 stone, lighter than I had started, after breast feeding dropped to 9 stone 10 I was a UK10 and chuffed, but my life was to be turned upside down we thought my mum had fought her breast cancer nearly 3 years clear she was lucky enough to get the new drug herceptin only her veins were thin they could hardly get the chemo in her so she had a hicmun line fitted in her neck but that kept getting infected so they gave her the tablet form. Around late 2007 she had dark marks appearing all over her back it travelled to her chest she got very ill and suffered very horribly and it was hard to watch they didn't know what it was but I need answers after she passed in feb 2009 I got my answers by searching thru the internet and I'm almost certain this is what she had.

http://rarediseases.about.com/od/rarediseases1/a/101004.htm

You see I have to get fit and healthy for my family they can never see me the way I watched my mum x
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Morning all - just checking in to see how everyone's doing :smile:

I'd been really struggling this month: plateauing and even gaining when I felt like I was doing everything right. HOWEVER, I seem to have busted through it and am now into the 130s (under 10 stone) for the first time in years, and I'm very close to my previous low weight! :drinker: I am about halfway to my stone by Christmas goal.

I think Autumn can be hard. I know for me the cold weather brings on cravings for stodgy carbs and warming mulled cider :laugh: Keep it up everyone! Xx
  • ingot81
    ingot81 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Was feeling a little disheartened today as I only managed a maintain but I decided to look at my progress and it made me feel a bit better. This month I've lost 7lbs so I won't complain about today's number. Fingers crossed I can push it up a gear over half term and get to 11st 7 by Christmas.
  • Genie30
    Options
    If you guys are interested a lovely member pointed me in the direction of the Emotional Freedom Tapping technique http://www.eftuniverse.com (the free starter pack tells you everything you need to know and theres soem videos on Youtube so don't pay for anything!). Basically, when your feeling the need to binge, overeat, make a bad choice, a bad memory pops up etc, you use the tapping technique to lessen the urge. It looks a bit bonkers to begin with but having tried it today, it seems to be working so far. Those of you who watched the Paul McKenna Will Make You Thin programme might recognise it.
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Arggghhhh, I have been stuck at the same weight for 4 weeks, the week before that I lost 2lb and was stuck at that weight for 6 weeks. 2lb in 3 months :( Weighing in at 9st 11.3.

This is point 3 off four stone total and I get a treat, for mini goal, feels like I will never get there. Sorry for ranting.
  • panyg
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I've been doing ok this week. I have been feeling tired and run down this week so have only worked out once. I need to improve on that.

Food wise, I've been eating fairly well. I've lost 2 pounds since I joined the challenge and about 7 pounds since Monday. But I'm still 9 pounds more than I was 6 weeks ago.

I rediscovered my willpower in April and by the end of August, I had lost 31 pounds. I was eating well, going to the gym 4 or 5 times a week and walking 6 miles a day. Unfortunately, I've since lost my willpower, struggle to go to the gym and don't always eat the right choices. Even though I've lost 7 pounds in 5 days, I actually gained 12 pounds in 2 weeks so am only losing what I have gained this month! I might have to go back to Atkins. I don't feel in control eating low fat when my willpower is missing!

@ symegeer Congrats on the 2 pounds!!

@ Diggy2011 Good job turning down KFC and telling your hubby who's the boss!

@ Lozzy_82 Congrats for going under 10 stone!!

@ ingot81 Great attitude! It's so easy to be disheartened when the scale doesn't move but we must focus on our progress so far and the scales WILL move again!

@ Genie30 I watched the Paul McKenna programme and tried that tapping thing. Not sure about it but might have to try it again.

@ Bjshooter I can understand your frustration. You have so little to lose so it will take longer. Are you losing inches? Concentrate on the 4 stone you have lost already. That's really impressive!! You will get there!
  • surveying
    surveying Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Wow, so pleased ive lost 2lb
  • Genie30
    Options
    Congratulations to those who have lost!

Bjshooter - That sucks, stick with it and you'll move eventually. Sometimes switching things up can help. Maybe try a different exercise or if you tend to eat the same meals, try something different.

I'm really starting to notice a pattern in my eating. Sunday to Tuesday I feel strong, I do my exercise and I feel like I can acomplish anything. By Wednesday I'm knackered and thats when things start to fall appart. Thats when I want takeaways because I'm too tired to cook and I want ssweets because I feel down, work is stressing me out and I need reassurance.

This week I'm going to plan the whole week out beforehand (I usually do a day in advance) and try to use the EFT tapping technique to break the habit of eating rubbish when I feel emotionally week. Hopefully that will help me stay on track.
  • lazyspice
    lazyspice Posts: 8,515 Member
    Options
    A pound off for me this week th_thumbsup.gif

The last couple of weeks have been a bit of an experiment. I was losing ok the first few weeks then stalled for the next 3 or 4. It was getting a bit disheartening but I put myself on maintenance for a week and upped the exercise and, lo and behold, I lost a pound!

This week I adjusted my settings to half a pound loss, treadmilled my socks off, ate most of my exercise calories back and lost a pound. So, that's the way I'm going - I struggle to keep to a lower calorie allowance, I would rather lose slowly and consistently, exercise more and eat my face off :laugh:
  • symegeer
    symegeer Posts: 143 Member
    Options

This week I'm going to plan the whole week out beforehand (I usually do a day in advance) and try to use the EFT tapping technique to break the habit of eating rubbish when I feel emotionally week. Hopefully that will help me stay on track.

I have a friend who uses tapping frequently and she swears by it for stress relief. Thanks for the link, I'm going to give it a whirl!:happy:
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Good work everyone who's losing - keep it up! There's still plenty of time til christmas to shift a few more pounds :)

I decided to celebrate my great loss last week by going out and getting roaring drunk, consuming more than my goal calories in cider alone, and scoffing a huge bacon sandwich at 3 in the morning :embarassed: Whoops. To be fair, it was the first time in months I've had a binge of such epic proportions, and I used to do that pretty much weekly!

Anyway, the scale is now back up 4 pounds, but I know some of that will be water retention so I'm going to have a good week and not record my weight again until next weekend.
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Morning all! I've lost 5lbs so far, so I guess I'm on target to reach a stone for Xmas, give or take. :smile:

While I'd like to lose more than that I'm being realistic - as long as the weight's heading in the right direction I'll keep doing what I'm doing.

Keep it up everyone. Loads of great losses so far. :flowerforyou:
  • kimgodfrey001
    kimgodfrey001 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    A stone by Xmas takes me into "Healthy" BMI so I'm in!!